MPN: 36374509
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Marie Denny
Marie DennySouthwest, VIC

VERY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER

My F & P 8.5 KG after 2 years started flashing too full even if it had 6 items in it. After having service guy come out $155 later with no result. He said throw it away. All I can say very poor product & absolute waste of $860 if it can only last 2years. We had a F&P for 15 years it was fabulous. But this model is a lemon. I will never buy F & P again. Very annoyed customer!!!!!

Does not use enough water to agitate the clothes when on automatic.

Does not use enough water when on Automatic. It resets itself at every wash. Clothes are barely covered if at all with water, so it does not wash or rinse clean. No lint filter so black and dark clothing are noticeably lint covered. Very disappointing as we are retirees and our wash is not a heavy soiled one. Heaven forbid the results if it were not so. I bought it on the recommendation of my daughter who has an older model and says hers is fantastic.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman.

SimeSouthwest, VIC

Absolute rubbish

Don't waste your money on this machine. Had an old Fischer & Paykel that lasted about 17 years. The new one has that many problems that I just want to throw it off my balcony. Will never buy another.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560G1 (8.5kg) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Danell
DanellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This was a total waste of money with a useless customer support.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys Online store.

Online shopper
Online shopperPeel, WA

Very disappointing

Purchased in July 2020 for $945.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Tivani W
Tivani WFar North Queensland, QLD

Stopped working after 2 years (Out of Balance issue)

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $797.00.

boosilhen
boosilhenSouthern and Hills, SA

Not Happy Fisher & Paykel

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores.

SammieGold Coast

Lint remaining on every wash

This was a very disappointing purchase. I read after buying it that you need to buy a separate lint filter. I haven't done that yet as I thought - why on Earth would you need to buy extra parts for a machine to work to a basic level of quality

Kiwi
Kiwi

A must Have

The timer means when I wake up my washing is ready to hang out, done to my commercial laundry standard, be it
Tradies gear, delicates or blankets.
No hand washing for me.

Purchased in December 2019.

Keena
KeenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Don’t expect to get a long time out of this washer. After 4 years the washer continually kept going out of balance, even with a very small load. 2 friends with the same machine also had the same issue.

Purchased in November 2016 for $899.00.

Jam
JamSydney, NSW

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560G1 8.5kg 4 year lifespan

Purchased in September 2016 at The Good Guys.

Dr Garry
Dr GarrySydney, NSW

May have to rethink my loyalty to F&P products

Lint Over EVERYTHING

I used to always buy Fisher any Paykel washing machines, but changed to another brand a few years ago when I bought a front loader. When the front loader died this week, I decided to go back to a Fisher and Paykel top loader - quicker wash cycle, quiet run cycle and clothes come out much drier. Sorry, have to say that I am so disappointed with this machine. Every wash, every time, everything is covered in lint, takes me 20 minutes a night to brush the lint off my work clothes. I have had it for less than a week and if I could take it back I would.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,050.00.

Therese B
Therese BAU

Extremely unhappy with purchase - does not clean!!

Bought this about 3 months ago.
My previous smaller F&P machine of 15 years died - unfortunately.
And - unfortunately - we bought this new F&P machine - larger to cope with pillows etc. Clothes just do not come out clean!! I have to soak so stuff in a bucket - before I put in washing machine. Can't just leave clothes in a presoak in washing machine otherwise machine empties the water!!! I use Heavy every time - but that is only 2 minutes longer wash time than Regular.
The Auto fill stops at about 5 inches of water no matter how many items are in the washing machine so I have to choose the actual level each time. Can't seem to be able to spin some items without going through a whole wash cycle.
I am sooooo upset!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Rita
RitaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Regret the buy

Regrettably I purchased this machine for the soak cycle and according to description the quietness. Too loud and cannot soak with any chemicals, disposed of water if lid left open

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $898.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Read more reviews - page 2See all Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines reviews

Eve D.
Eve D.asked
WashSmart WA8560G1 (8.5kg)

How do I clean the inlet hose filter?

Rach
Rach asked
WashSmart WA8560G1 (8.5kg)

My machine is 4 years old it is stopping half way through a cycle (even with nothing in it) code says too full then beeping. Their is lots of clanging and banging. Could the barrel be loose?

Sime

Mine is the same. Absolute peice of rubbish.

OnlineShopper
OnlineShopper

We're you able to get an answer as to why this is happening and we're you able to fix it? Mine started doing this last week also!!!

Sue
Sue

My machine is brand new ( 3 weeks old). I have had the service technician out already, as it was making many noises, going out of balance, not spinning, not rinsing, not going past rince/ spin cycle and making a constant background whiring noise until I turn it off myself without washing being spun. Sometimes realising it was stuck for 2-3 hours!! Technician left and adjusted the balance and said the machine is running as it should. 3 weeks later I have had same problems constantly and have just booked technician to come back. I won't be happy until I get a refund. I suggest to not buy this machine. I have had many top loaders before and my last was a fisher and paykle I had for 11 years. This one is RUBBISH.

Marc K.asked
WashSmart WA8560G1 (8.5kg)

Washing machines timer is counting down sometimes 10 minutes instead of 1 inconsistently. Sometimes skipping spin cycles. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Sammie

Sounds glitchy, hopefully it would be a warranty fix if you contact the seller. Good luck

Marc K.

Thank you, it's not under warranty anymore but will give them a call and see what I can do. :)

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA8560G1 (8.5kg) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 5 Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines
CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines
Capacity8.5 kg
Household Size 3-4 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing, Auto Dispense and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)