Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

WH7560P2 (7.5kg), WH8560P2 (8.5kg), WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Dipa

Dipa

Amazing product !! Will buy again n again

Product is very good and I hv used this brand before it always lives up to its expectations. Clothes are really clean and washing every day is quick and excellent with colours !!

Bev M.

Bev M.Sydney, NSW

Faulty Drum Seal

16 months old, second machine used for less than 20 washes.
Found small section of the front door rubber seal broken off,
Off peak operation, 1st floor room flooded.
The amount of water would indicate several cycles of water were emptied on the floor.
I have had front door seal leaks on other machines including Bosch, are all the seals made in ?????
One of my criteria for purchasing this machine was no flooding!
Purchased Appliancesonline Invoice S102725168 $749.00

Peter Telling

Peter TellingCentral West, NSW

Poorly built F & P W/machine

Been with F@P 4 years. Machine gets out of balance easily. Red clip off internal tub keeps breaking off. Costs me money to fix, might change to samsung they have a great name.

Purchased in April 2016 at The Good Guys for $525.00.

Hate this washing machine

Worst machine ever.Spin cycle is not just spin only,but tumbles and spins like a quick wash.A new woollen jumper which I had hand washed shrunk because of the tumble/ wash action.Other clothes which I have had for many years and washed without issues have also shrunk.Have to wash everything on cold/delicate.Also find clothes are now rough on the outside,so they look worn.Big mistake in choice but now am stuck with it...
Hate this appliance...

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $777.00.

jane

janeNorthern Region, NSW

Quiet! But clothes come out the way they go in DIRTY!

The machine in lovely and quiet and has multiple settings and convenient add item options. BUT I cannot get it to clean my clothes adequately they come out dirty and any little stain will not wash out like my previous washing machine. No matter what setting or washing powder/liquid I try. Its cleaning power is extremely disappointing!!!

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Daniel V.

Daniel V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it, super quiet, 3 years on, no issues

Love this washing machine. It's unbelievably quiet, you barely notice it's on (except for the spin cycle, which of course is a bit louder). 3 years strong and no issues at all (touch wood!), including 2 apartment moves. And we use it A LOT - like every second day, as we have a 3 year old daughter.
We recently needed to upgrade our dryer so bought a Fisher & Paykel on the experience of this washing machine; also going really well.

Purchased in September 2016 at Appliances Online for $637.00.

Noise Level
Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel DE4560M1 (4.5kg)

Jeffrey L.

Jeffrey L.

Great machine love it!!

The machine is easy to use, the 8kg size is perfect, love the variety of selections for washing! The wash times are great. Overall very very happy with this product!!

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Washing Machine

Purchased in August 2015.

Vicwondering

VicwonderingLaunceston, TAS

Perfect wash everytime

Every day work clothes are now cleaner than ever before. The tumble action I wish i'd had many years ago.
Delicates are not damaged in this machine and being able to adjust the time of the wash is wonderful, save on power. The size is brilliant for doona covers and sheets and to wash a lot more.

Purchased in June 2019 at Betta Home Living for $845.00.

Noise Level

Great washing machine with one not-so obvious problem

This is a great washing machine for washing sheets and clothes. It offers a range of washing cycles and temperatures for a range of needs. There is, however, one problem with the machine which I didn't uncover until after use: the washing machine drum is harsh and abrasive on towels. I have Sheridan towels and the ribbed drum tears at the towels leaving them coarse and rough. I contacted F&P regarding this issue and their customer support was poor, no solutions provided and the consultant said they had never heard of this issue. Now looking to replace this machine after 6 months.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Brittany

BrittanyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love love this machine

Love, love this machine Fisher & Paykel Washing Machine. I use this machine to wash lots of clothing from 2 messy little boys, myself & husband. Our sheets, towels on a daily. I love the different wash settings which can be selected upon what you are washing at that time & how quickly you need it washed. Its gentle on the garments which is an added bonus. It has actually made me love doing the washing again.

The machine is quiet, the clothes come out very dry & makes the drying process a lot quicker than other machines I have had in the past.

The price of the machine is excellent, not to expensive, definitely getting value for money.
I would recommend this washing machine for all the reasons above.

Purchased in August 2019 at Stan Cash for $650.00.

Litoria

LitoriaPerth, WA

Met all of our requirements

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $799.00.

Angela

AngelaPerth, WA

Love this machine!

This machine is so easy to use. I mainly use the everyday cycle for most washes which only takes an hour. I like the additional functions which allow you to customise your cycle by adding/reducing your wash time, changing the spin, changing temperature or adding additional rinses. I have used the bulky items cycle to wash duvets and they came out like new.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $867.00.

F.A.C

F.A.C

Water, energy and time efficient, lots of functions and super quiet

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $799.00.

Brett

BrettPerth, WA

Laundry Swimming Lessons, Flippers Required, Snorkel Optional

We use the Everyday or Heavy Wash settings the most and we wash every day. We are gardeners and get real grubby. The machine does a pretty good job of keeping our work clothes as clean as possible. It gets a flogging. Warning: the 15 minute super quick cycle WILL flood your laundry. Make sure you have flippers, old towels and a mop and bucket on stand by. The flooding doesn't happen on any other cycle. The cycle times are ok but the machine does get loud on the two settings we use most. It has great capacity. We wash blankets etc and haven't had an issue.

Purchased at Kambo's.

Ana L.

Ana L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic Washing Machine

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Corrine

CorrinePerth, WA

Large, quiet and lots of settings

This washing machine is excellent. You can fill with large loads and still get a good quality wash - even on the 'cold' water setting. It washes well with liquid or powder. It runs quietly. I like the control you can get with wash time, temperature and spin speed. It also handles delicates well, although I would recommend putting anything too fragile into a bag first. It looks great next to the matching WashSmart dryer too!

Factual Goat

Factual GoatSydney, NSW

Reasonable performance

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,100.00.

Mid C

Mid CHobart, TAS

Quiet and stable, good features

So far so good. We chose this 8.5kg washer because it has a few more features than the 7.5kg. It also covers us if we end up with larger loads in the future. The machine runs very quiet and doesn't move around at all. We initially considered the Bosch, but we didn't like the way the settings worked and found it confusing. The F&P washer is very intuitive and straight forward to use.

Clothes come up great. T-shirts don't seem to twist and delicates are handled well. The spin cycle seems to do a good job of getting most of the water out, which obviously reduces drying time compared to some other machines.

Besides that, it looks great and we got it for a good deal through a clearance sale.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $650.00.

Endy

EndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Washing machine Not a good quality.

Now with the 3rd year Washing machine LED display not working so I don't know which mode is washing machine working on. You pay top dollars for a Quality product and within first 3 years these machines don't work properly.

I am very disappointed with Fisher and Paykel. First machine I brought worked for 13 years without any problem but it was a Top loader and never had issues. with the new technology I was impressed but quality is Cheap Cheap cheap.....

I brought Dryer and the washing machine same time and within 1 year Dryer started to squeak and after 3 attempts it is still not fixed.

Don't buy these machines unless you want to spend on their service as soon as the warranty is finished.

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys.