Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

2nd Gen and 1st Gen

Great Machine

Can't complain! This is a great machine that washes our clothes well and with minimal noise. The everyday mode is our go to and we love that you can delay the start. I put them clothes in first thing and delay so they'll be finishing up when I get home for my lunch break to hang them out. It's also a really fast wash, so I can do load after load on a warm weekend.

Haven't had any issues and it's also a great looking machine.

Purchased at Betta Home Living for $888.00.

Very quiet

Great washing machine, very happy!

I've had this washing machine since Feb 2017 and it hasn't missed a beat. Cleans really well, it has a variety of different cleaning cycles, I love the 15 and 30 min cycle for quickly refreshing clothing, love the wrinkle free option when washing shirts (especially if it finishes when you're not home to hang the shirts up straight away). Love the option to add items after the wash cycle has started (this is truly life changing with front loaders!) You can select different water temperatures, different spin cycles, add an extra rinse or extra wash for any of the pre-programmed cycles, set the timer so the washing is done when you need it to be done. Love that is uses small amounts of water. It cleans the clothing well, and the spin is excellent. If you are having trouble with the spin cycle taking too long, it could be because your machine isn't level - this is really important as the first time we used it our wonky floor made the machine out of balance, but once we readjusted the feet it didn't miss a beat. Highly recommend this machine!

Purchased .

Quiet

Spin cycle never resolves, F&P don't care

I am so annoyed with this machine. It actually cleans really well, and has great cycle options. However, it has a major flaw. The spin cycle gets stuck at various intervals, but particularly on 8 minutes. It will not complete, or get to sufficient speed to drain the load. It can stay at 8 minutes for 20 minutes or more. My whole cycle can take 45 minutes or longer than the estimated time. Many times my 1hr10m cycle took 3 hours. My P1 model did it, so (after a long, tiring dispute) I got it replaced, and my P2 model is doing exactly the same thing!

I was so disappointed with F&P service. The first time I complained they told me that if it didn't perform the fault when they came to visit, I'd be charged the full service fee (despite that I had photos and diary of cycle times). Then they told me that if it took longer than the displayed time, that is was an 'acceptable variance'. Yeah! After a full week of work, putting the washing on at 7am to hang it out and go out for the day, to wait until 10am. Not acceptable! When the technician came he told me my loads were either too heavy, or too light. Eventually he admitted and could see the problem, but made me feel very mistrusted in the process. Today, I have a generous half load, quite 'normal' and I'm sitting here waiting for my machine.

Here's the SNEAKY part: the technician told me he would write a report saying the fault could not be repaired and send it to product care (as it was out of warranty). Weeks went by and I called product care, and they had not received the report. I called F&P who said, 'there's no report here and we'll have to send another technician to confirm the fault again, as too much time has lapsed, and you may have to pay for that visit'. I called product care again, and they offered to call F&P. And MAGICALLY, they found the report instantly and sent it through. I have no respect for those kind of tactics, and did not think F&P were that kind of company.

Now I have the same problem with my new machcine, and get to waste all my time and energy dealing with F&P again!

Purchased .

Excellent washing machine

This machine is great for a family. It fits a large amount of clothes and has a good variety of cycles. The spin cycle is excellent and clothes finish almost dry. The drum clean is a good feature. The best feature is the add garment which can be activated at any time.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Very quiet

Front loader

Very happy with my new front loader, washes better, lot of cycles to choose from, very good star ratings. You can pause to put more washing in it. Only problem is as all front loaders don't like towels, solved my problem, bought bamboo towels , give a shake before putting on line n result is nice soft towels

Super quiet, great settings

This washing machine does intact wash smart. It has load size settings, various temperatures, different timed cycles which I especially love if I need something washed and dried in an hour I can use the 15 minute super fast wash and then dry in the air dryer. It has a brilliant “add garment” setting so you can stop part way through the cycle and add a missed item. It’s so very quiet; mine lives in a laundry cupboard in our kitchen and I forget I’ve put it on until a couple of unobtrusive beeps at the end of the cycle. This is my first Fisher & Paykel after having LG machines, and I’m so pleased. Great purchase and highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Silent bliss

This is my first front loader, I’ve never had a modern washing machine before. It’s nice and quite for apartment living in comparison to top loaders. My only issue is how front loaders change the texture of towels. It makes them rough for some reason. The add garment function is great, if want to stop the cycle to add more clothes.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

I love my washing machine

My washing machine has a large variety of programs to choose from, suits just about any fabric, there is even a special cycle for your gym clothes and also it has a gentle cycle for baby clothes, and a program for your Donna. The fact that you can stop it during the cycle is a great boost.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

I'am a convert to Front Loaders

Great machine very easy to use
Plenty of washing cycle options
Cleans clothes as good as a top loader if not better.
Very effective spin cycle.
Ive read some reviews with people complaining about the length of the drainage hose, which i found not to be a problem as long as the drainage point is in the adjacent cupboard . I think the problem people are having is they are failing to unclip the drainage hose from the back of the machine .

Great

I bought this a year ago and I love it. Very easy to use with turn dial and easy to read functions. Everyday wash cycle just under 60 minutes and great spin speed. however lately ive noticed it may need a clean usually put dark clothes in the washing machine , I'm very satisfied with the product's controls and its performance when I apply different settings.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great washing machine. Love it. So easy to use and great result with cleaner clothes.

I bought this a month ago and I love it. Very easy to use with turn dial and easy to read functions. Everyday wash cycle just under 60 minutes and great spin speed. I had people to stay over Christmas so the machine got a good workout with loads of sheets, towels, adult and childrens clothing etc. Best machine I have had. Took my time choosing after reviewing through Choice magazine and not disappointed. Good value for money.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Exactly what we need

We had to replace our old (F&P) top loader within a day, so my starting point was to target a reasonably priced machine based on recommended models (by Choice, November 2018). Don't need more than an 8kg model with 3 people in the house.
We have always had top-loaders in the past but considered moving to a front-loader due to space efficiencies as well as water and energy savings. Went with this one based on price and ranking. The box fits easily into the back of an SUV (CX-5). Easy to unpack and set up.
So far very happy after a couple of loads, very simple and logical settings and very quiet - compared to the old one. Early days yet and hopefully there won't be any issues but happy to recommend so far.

Washing machine

I usually put dark clothes in the washing machine , I'm very satisfied with the product's controls and its performance when I apply different settings. This washing machine is very careful with my clothes in particular with delicates, I'm very very satisfied with the cycles time of the washing machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great Machine!

I wash our daily clothing wear that includes work clothes, gym clothes as well as towels, blankets etc. I love the different settings on the machine and the settings I mostly use are Handwash for delicate items, Everyday and Quick wash. The delicate cycle is great and really treats the clothes well. I am very satisfied with the machines cycle times.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Great machine - has not missed a beat

It has been a year and a half since I purchased this machine. This is a great machine - highly recommend it. It has a delayed start so most of my washing is done when the elec is off peak (night time and weekends). To add to that it has a wrinkle free button so my clothes come out looking good after the night wash (regardless what time I get them out). Has a great range of cycles to choose from and I can get away with the 30min cycle when my closes are not to dirty, otherwise the 1hr cycle is the next choice. If I really want to get my whites bright again then there is a 2hr cycle.
Finally - I don't have a dryer so I rely on the line to get them dry. The clothes are 60% dry by the time I hang them out thanks to the 1400 spin cycle. Also highly recommend purchasing from appliances online. The were cheap, they delivered, they set up the new machine and took the old machine away.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great value

I just bought a new washing machine because the old one keep on breaking down and it is just too much troublesome to keep repairing it so I bought this. It is so much more easier than the previous one that I have and so many options to choose from. Absolutely love it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Can't clean the cloth

Very expensive machine but never done it's job, I have to shake every single cloth I washed to get rid of dust left over on clothes, even dirtier than before wash... I will have to buy a new one of other brand and sell this one. It has no water level option.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Great for small family

Very satisfied with the product and great package for small family
Also very great if you want to wash your blankets/heavy loads.
Highly recommended and appreciated.
Little bit disappointed when put woolen cloths like sweaters, cardigans, jackets. Cause it not really squeeshing the water out from those type of clothes.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Love love love this machine

Being a large family I’ve always invested wisely when it comes to washing machines, it’s such a headache choosing the right one, I was not disappointed with this one! There is nothing I don’t like about it. I love the super quick wash.. 15 minutes! I love you can add more clothes in after it’s started, it’s super quiet I forget it’s on, it looks awesome and everyone comments on it!! Worth every cent!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Love It!

Went from a f&p top loader to this and am not disappointed! I get my washing done in half the time. There is a super quick wash option that lasts for 15minutes...it isnt loud. It has a great energy rating and fits my king quilt covers

Very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2018