Fiskars Xact 4 Prong Weed Puller

Fiskars Xact 4 Prong Weed Puller

See the Best Garden Tools in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Absolutely back saving

I bought this weed puller at Bunnings after reading reviews here.
So glad I did, makes pulling out flat leaf weeds so easy.
It does leave a bit of a hole in the ground, so before shooting off the weed, I have been shaking off excess dirt back to the hole.
So much easier than back breaking bending. I wish I had bought one years ago.
As I have only had it for two weeks I can’t say if it will last but sure hope it does. Not cheap at $74 but worth it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Help your weed-pulling back

We, in our 70s, dislike weeds, even in our footpath grass. Hubby found Fiskars Weed Puller online so we purchased from Rock around the Block and found it did the job on larger/medium weeds. Small weeds...just wait til they can be clasped by the prongs o/wise they tend to 'slide through'. Removal takes a fair chunk out so may need to refill with soil/ sand/fresh grass root. Liked it so much, got it for birthday pressie for middleaged daughter and telling all our older friends as it gives your back a break and really extracts those hardy weeds.

Purchased in April 2019.

Must have tool for all gardeners

So easy to use I bought this one from Bunning for 74 dollars because of the 25yr warranty ,ahead of the cheaper version that cost of 35 dollars.i found the unit very easy and fast to use, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.5 stars

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Absolutely incredible product!

I suffer from joint disease so weeding is a chore I dread, but living in Qld I grow exceptional weeds. This standing use product makes weeding so easy & relatively painless.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Fiskars.... You are LEGENDS...!!! Yay...This is one Awesome 5 Star product.

I have had my Fiskars weed puller for about 2 years now. It is, by far, the best thing to use to pull those ugly Flatweeds, Dandelion type flatweeds or similar, from your lawn or grass. It will remove most weeds that have a taproot core. I have pulled many hundreds of weeds from my garden with ease. Some were quite large. This thing works a treat without breaking your back or digging large holes to remove each weed. This is a must have Garden Implement unless you live in an apartment, Flat or similar tiny Box dwelling... Awesome...!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best $74 I have spent

What would take me a day to clear a patch of weeds and cost me a stiff and sore body, now takes a couple of hours of easy work. It does pick up a lot of soil if you have sticky or wet soil but on dry lose soil you can shake it off. I carry grass seeds in a pouch and throw them in the divot it leaves behind. I have been able to bring patches of my lawn back from 90% goats head bindi to lawn you can walk on with bare feet. I have accepted the fact the place will never be totally free without ripping the yard up and laying turf which my finances won't allow, so this tool provides me with a good compromise that won't break my back or bank. Also the more you use it the more you get the knack of using it efficiently. I have had neighbours come up and ask me where I purchased it from when they see me blitzing through the weeds in the lawn. Absolutely brilliant for tap root type of weeds. I find it best on bigger weeds.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

At first cynical, later fully impressed...

At first I was cynical when I watched the videos on You Tube. Nevertheless, I still went ahead to purchase it. When I came back home, I immediately tried it on various types of weeds in the garden and it worked beyond my expectations. Now, I'm fully impressed with the product. Well done with the invention. No more sore backs and aches!

Back breaking weeding made Soooooo Ezzzzeee !

I already had a Fiskars plastic weeder similar in looks but it was utterly useless, so I was reluctant to purchase another one, until I inspected this one and saw how they had redesigned it and made it very superior, by using metal prongs. metal mechanism, and a great ejection system.
I purchased it from Bunnings and have been using it for approx 3 months. The first time I used it I thought about returning it, but I persevered and in time I realized it was me at fault.
The trick was to have the prongs opened, and placed over the centre of the weed, and then push down with your foot on the base leg, then pull lever towards you, and out comes the weed every time, lift weed over bin and use hand slider to eject into bin.
Now if like me you are using your arms and shoulders which become very sore, you are using it all WRONG ! .....When used correctly their is NO effort nor pain, and you just want to keep going, I filled a wheelie bin in no time (1 acre back yard).
I hesitated at the price $74.00 at first, but once I used it properly I would now gladly pay more (shooosh). The days of slow tedious back breaking weed pulling have gone, but remember use it simply without real effort and you will love it !

I was impressed

I got this from Bunnings for $74 which is a little expensive for what it really is. However, it does the job well. It was really easy to pull up weeds from my lawn. It does take a bit of soil with it when ripping out the roots but this was when I was pulling weeds on a dry lawn. This would work great after it rains. It sure beats getting on your hands and knees.

Weeds keep coming back

We all hate weeds and using herbicides so I thought this product may be the solution. Unfortunately it isn't. It will remove most of the weed but also a lot of soil in the process. Carry a bucket of clean sand with you to fill in the hole. When removing the troublesome weed, unfortunately roots can still remain which grow back to the original problem in a short period of time.

I don't understand how this works. I have tried using it as the video shows, place the prongs over the centre of the weed, push right in using the foot bar and then lever the handle towards you, but I can't seem to get the root. When you look at it (not weeding), the prongs only come together to grasp when the footbar is pulled towards you, is that what levering the handle towards you activates? is there a knack to this?
Yes to both. 1.place the prongs over the centre of the weed (works best on tap root weeds). 2. place your foot on the footplate and push straight down (i.e not at an angle, you want the handle to be completely forward at this stage) until prongs are totally immersed.in the soil. 3. Take your foot off footplate and pull handle back towards you. The footplate then acts like a lever against the ground as the prongs come together to grip and hold on to the weeds.works best on medium to large weeds. If you have wet sticky soil it can remove a lot of the soil,as well. In that situation I leave the pulled weeds to sit in the sun a couple of days for the soil to dry out then shake the soil of before I bin the weeds. Once you get the knack of it you will start to blitz along. Good luck.I think Louse has the answer there for you Mr. Gamer. Put the tool in as deep as you can and make sure its completely perpendicular to the ground. Push in firmly. You can leave your foot on the end of the plate to secure it as you pull towards you. It may even tighten the grip of the prongs on the centre of the taproot weed. Maybe it takes a little practice to get better at it. The placement right over the centre of the root is important so as to surround it with the open prongs. Its a breeze when you compare to all other tools or methods... Cheers...!!

Love my friskar., but lately when lifting out a tough weed, the handle pops out. Why is this?
Can't help you Toots, sorry. I have never experienced that problem so some part of the mechanism must be worn or faulty.When you insert the prongs with downward pressure from your foot, the next thing to do is just lever the long handle towards yourself, like a rocking motion, and never try to pull it up vertically. If your problem continues call the manufacturer or talk to the place of purchase, mine has been rock solid and works perfectly, you could have something wrong although the mechanics is very simple. I hope you are not putting excessive pressure on it ? ...... Keep trying and good luck !Thanks, I cant find my receipt. I don't think I pull to hard or upwards though.

After 3 days my fiskar jammed could not move weed ejector, is there a reason for this or do i take it back to bunnings?
Take it back to bunnings Patrick , perhaps there is something jamming the mechanism. I have totally flogged mine and have had no problem with it jamming. Good luck with it.