Fiskars Xact 4 Prong Weed Puller

Fiskars Xact 4 Prong Weed Puller

Carroll

CarrollVictoria

Only suitable for weeding lawns not garden beds with stones.

It is very easy to use on weeds that are on a lawn without any stones. But it is of no use if you are trying to weed garden beds in between plants and especially if you have decorative stones. Not a very well spent $74 dollars for me cos I dont have a lawn only garden beds with stones in them.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$74.00.

Ben S.

Ben S.Northern Region, NSW

Zero Durability

The first one broke mere days after purchase. I got it replaced for free. Only just used it today broke within 20-30mins. Not worth $75 by any means, poor design. The Plastic part is what breaks very easily doing what it's made to do, pulling weeds. Piece of junk.

John R.

John R.North-West & West coast, TAS

Cant do without this lovely tool

My neighbour put me and my husband onto this little gem, didn't realise how easy it pulls out the weeds. I also do the lawns at another elderly neighbours place and he used it and can't believe how good this weed puller is. I also suffer with arthritis in my knees and this tool is a good investment.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$75.00.

jomill

jomillalice springs

Broke first use

it is a great idea. It pulled weeds out effortlessly for the first half hour. The plastic part that surrounds the blades snapped pulling a small clump of grass. Poor design..should have been a metal surround. It's an expensive tool to only last 30 minutes.b

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$74.00.

Lilly K.

Lilly K.Sydney, NSW

LIFE SAVER

I got this as a present for Christmas after going absolutely crazy about weeds last year. Spent the last 7 months not using it and having no idea until I decided to give it a go and read the instructions. WOW what a game changer! Saves my back and is so easy to use as well as getting the full weed out. Couldn't be happier - best Christmas gift yet!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$79.00.

Matthew D.

Matthew D.Great Southern, WA

Would be great if it were durable

Pulls out most weeds in lawn very well. But you simply can't justify buying a new one every few months. It's not durable. Plastic can't handle the strain. I'd pay double, if there were a long lasting version of this.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$76.00.

Well worth the high price tag!

Was unnerving at first dropping $74 on a weed puller. But after the first giant weed came out... my god it was disgustingly glorious. That feeling of "what the hell"

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$74.00.

Cliff

CliffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How to improve the outcome.

I have used one of these for years and can say that they do work. However I have noticed that the weeds do re-grow at times, from seeds or bits of root left. I have found that planting grass seed into the hole smothers the regrowth. I mix seed, wetting agent, fertiliser and sifted compost, and loosely fil the hole.

Purchased in February 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

Taylor H.

Taylor H.

Where have you been all my life

This is a game changer... I now love weeding my lawn and be warned... it is addictive. This unassuming garden tool pulls out cape weed with ease and speed. A must to own.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

Good while it lasted

Great for pulling the really big clumps of weed out but sadly broke after little use over 3 years. Mr Fiskars you can't have a black plastic housing securing thick stainless steel jaws with a long handle attached! You insert it, foot down lean back and the black plasting moulding cracks and it literally falls apart.

PipWhangarei

Fiskars weed puller is one of my best buys ever!

So far so good. I hope this lasts well because it's absolutely fantastic. I leave the daisies in the grass for the bees but use this great weed puller in my gardens. Having arthritis in my hands and back I find those tough weeds so hard to dig out, but a push from this and hey presto weeds out root and all. It's so very simple. I'm off to Mitre 10 this aft to buy another for a friend. Thanks Fiskars, expensive, but would never want to be without it now. LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Purchased in September 2019 at Mitre 10 Whangarei for A$79.00.

Chris Burnett

Chris BurnettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great in theory but poor design

Great when it works but I’ve had it just less than one year and it’s broken down on me! No idea why as I haven’t pulled that many weeds with it but for the money it isn’t worth the early breakdown!

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Sharontlg

SharontlgCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely back saving

I bought this weed puller at Bunnings after reading reviews here.
So glad I did, makes pulling out flat leaf weeds so easy.
It does leave a bit of a hole in the ground, so before shooting off the weed, I have been shaking off excess dirt back to the hole.
So much easier than back breaking bending. I wish I had bought one years ago.
As I have only had it for two weeks I can’t say if it will last but sure hope it does. Not cheap at $74 but worth it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$74.00.

Terry Q.

Terry Q.South East Queensland, QLD

Help your weed-pulling back

We, in our 70s, dislike weeds, even in our footpath grass. Hubby found Fiskars Weed Puller online so we purchased from Rock around the Block and found it did the job on larger/medium weeds. Small weeds...just wait til they can be clasped by the prongs o/wise they tend to 'slide through'. Removal takes a fair chunk out so may need to refill with soil/ sand/fresh grass root. Liked it so much, got it for birthday pressie for middleaged daughter and telling all our older friends as it gives your back a break and really extracts those hardy weeds.

Purchased in April 2019.

sam

samSydney, NSW

Must have tool for all gardeners

So easy to use I bought this one from Bunning for 74 dollars because of the 25yr warranty ,ahead of the cheaper version that cost of 35 dollars.i found the unit very easy and fast to use, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.5 stars

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$74.00.

SmileyCee

SmileyCeeCentral Queensland, QLD

Absolutely incredible product!

I suffer from joint disease so weeding is a chore I dread, but living in Qld I grow exceptional weeds. This standing use product makes weeding so easy & relatively painless.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$74.00.

Phil6096Highett

Fiskars.... You are LEGENDS...!!! Yay...This is one Awesome 5 Star product.

I have had my Fiskars weed puller for about 2 years now. It is, by far, the best thing to use to pull those ugly Flatweeds, Dandelion type flatweeds or similar, from your lawn or grass. It will remove most weeds that have a taproot core. I have pulled many hundreds of weeds from my garden with ease. Some were quite large. This thing works a treat without breaking your back or digging large holes to remove each weed. This is a must have Garden Implement unless you live in an apartment, Flat or similar tiny Box dwelling... Awesome...!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Louisensw

Best $74 I have spent

Date PurchasedAug 2018
NJW

NJWGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

At first cynical, later fully impressed...

At first I was cynical when I watched the videos on You Tube. Nevertheless, I still went ahead to purchase it. When I came back home, I immediately tried it on various types of weeds in the garden and it worked beyond my expectations. Now, I'm fully impressed with the product. Well done with the invention. No more sore backs and aches!

Gh

GhSydney

Back breaking weeding made Soooooo Ezzzzeee !

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

Hi,
Would this product work on Paspalum in lawns?

Andrew B.

I didn’t use it on Paspalum at all so I couldn’t tell you sorry.

Ellaveeasked

Will it work on daisies?

Andrew B.

Yes it will, pull out any residual pieces left behind if any.

Pip

Yes, but why not leave those for the bees (their option for this time of year)and tackle the ugly tough stuff in your gardens ..or grass

Ellavee

So many more than the bees need I think

Boardgamer

Boardgamerasked

I don't understand how this works. I have tried using it as the video shows, place the prongs over the centre of the weed, push right in using the foot bar and then lever the handle towards you, but I can't seem to get the root. When you look at it (not weeding), the prongs only come together to grasp when the footbar is pulled towards you, is that what levering the handle towards you activates? is there a knack to this?

Louise

Yes to both. 1.place the prongs over the centre of the weed (works best on tap root weeds). 2. place your foot on the footplate and push straight down (i.e not at an angle, you want the handle to be completely forward at this stage) until prongs are totally immersed.in the soil. 3. Take your foot off footplate and pull handle back towards you. The footplate then acts like a lever against the ground as the prongs come together to grip and hold on to the weeds.works best on medium to large weeds. If you have wet sticky soil it can remove a lot of the soil,as well. In that situation I leave the pulled weeds to sit in the sun a couple of days for the soil to dry out then shake the soil of before I bin the weeds. Once you get the knack of it you will start to blitz along. Good luck.

Phil6096

I think Louse has the answer there for you Mr. Gamer. Put the tool in as deep as you can and make sure its completely perpendicular to the ground. Push in firmly. You can leave your foot on the end of the plate to secure it as you pull towards you. It may even tighten the grip of the prongs on the centre of the taproot weed. Maybe it takes a little practice to get better at it. The placement right over the centre of the root is important so as to surround it with the open prongs. Its a breeze when you compare to all other tools or methods... Cheers...!!