Fiskars Xact 4 Prong Weed Puller

Fiskars Xact 4 Prong Weed Puller

Trevor_EslerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Looking for the perfect weeding tool, mine failed within ten minutes of use, but I have now fixed it>

The idea was good, unsure what the problem is, but, on trying to remove a long core root from hardened clay soil, something clicked/snapped and now it no longer works.

So, I manipulated everything until I got the plate to re-position itself, so, will give it another go tomorrow.

The key might well be not to exert too much pressure in prying these long core roots out of the ground.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $74.00.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Starts superbly but has shortcomings

Excellent in first weeks then the metal parts start to slip and not engage 100%. The how to use is very clear and all plastic aspects no issues. I believe the product needs a small design adjustment to be be 100%

member0101

member0101

Lasted less than 12 months. Not ideal for all weeds or in all soil types.

On first impressions, this is an excellent device. In soft soil, it can easily get under the grass and pull out large weeds.

Our issues came after trying to pull out smaller weeds, which it could not budge. Many of these weed types were asparagus-type looking weeds or creeping type weeds with small anchor roots. Some weeds were small, and it would not pull these.

The weeder also would not work in more compacted dirt, in which it started clicking. After a lot of clicking, we noticed that the device would no longer grab well either.

It appeared broken and so we returned it after 8 months of very light use. Overall, quite disappointing.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

HalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best purchase

I love it, I actually enjoy pulling out the weeds especially with no aches or pain afterwards. I have more weeds than grass so looks like a gopher has been running around, but I will put soil in the holes if I need to. Best purchase I’ve made.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings for $74.00.

Wayne D.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Best tool ever

I'll simply say that if you own a manicured lawn or just a patch of grass you can not be without this piece of kit all you need to wage war on weeds

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Carroll

CarrollVictoria

Only suitable for weeding lawns not garden beds with stones.

It is very easy to use on weeds that are on a lawn without any stones. But it is of no use if you are trying to weed garden beds in between plants and especially if you have decorative stones. Not a very well spent $74 dollars for me cos I dont have a lawn only garden beds with stones in them.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Ben S.

Ben S.Northern Region, NSW

Zero Durability

The first one broke mere days after purchase. I got it replaced for free. Only just used it today broke within 20-30mins. Not worth $75 by any means, poor design. The Plastic part is what breaks very easily doing what it's made to do, pulling weeds. Piece of junk.

John R.

John R.North-West & West coast, TAS

Cant do without this lovely tool

My neighbour put me and my husband onto this little gem, didn't realise how easy it pulls out the weeds. I also do the lawns at another elderly neighbours place and he used it and can't believe how good this weed puller is. I also suffer with arthritis in my knees and this tool is a good investment.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $75.00.

jomill

jomillalice springs

Broke first use

it is a great idea. It pulled weeds out effortlessly for the first half hour. The plastic part that surrounds the blades snapped pulling a small clump of grass. Poor design..should have been a metal surround. It's an expensive tool to only last 30 minutes.b

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Lilly K.

Lilly K.Sydney, NSW

LIFE SAVER

I got this as a present for Christmas after going absolutely crazy about weeds last year. Spent the last 7 months not using it and having no idea until I decided to give it a go and read the instructions. WOW what a game changer! Saves my back and is so easy to use as well as getting the full weed out. Couldn't be happier - best Christmas gift yet!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

Matthew D.

Matthew D.Great Southern, WA

Would be great if it were durable

Pulls out most weeds in lawn very well. But you simply can't justify buying a new one every few months. It's not durable. Plastic can't handle the strain. I'd pay double, if there were a long lasting version of this.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $76.00.

Well worth the high price tag!

Was unnerving at first dropping $74 on a weed puller. But after the first giant weed came out... my god it was disgustingly glorious. That feeling of "what the hell"

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Cliff

CliffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How to improve the outcome.

I have used one of these for years and can say that they do work. However I have noticed that the weeds do re-grow at times, from seeds or bits of root left. I have found that planting grass seed into the hole smothers the regrowth. I mix seed, wetting agent, fertiliser and sifted compost, and loosely fil the hole.

Purchased in February 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $70.00.

Taylor H.

Taylor H.

Where have you been all my life

This is a game changer... I now love weeding my lawn and be warned... it is addictive. This unassuming garden tool pulls out cape weed with ease and speed. A must to own.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $70.00.

Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Good while it lasted

Great for pulling the really big clumps of weed out but sadly broke after little use over 3 years. Mr Fiskars you can't have a black plastic housing securing thick stainless steel jaws with a long handle attached! You insert it, foot down lean back and the black plasting moulding cracks and it literally falls apart.

Pip

PipWhangarei

Fiskars weed puller is one of my best buys ever!

So far so good. I hope this lasts well because it's absolutely fantastic. I leave the daisies in the grass for the bees but use this great weed puller in my gardens. Having arthritis in my hands and back I find those tough weeds so hard to dig out, but a push from this and hey presto weeds out root and all. It's so very simple. I'm off to Mitre 10 this aft to buy another for a friend. Thanks Fiskars, expensive, but would never want to be without it now. LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Purchased in September 2019 at Mitre 10 Whangarei for $79.00.

Chris Burnett

Chris BurnettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great in theory but poor design

Great when it works but I’ve had it just less than one year and it’s broken down on me! No idea why as I haven’t pulled that many weeds with it but for the money it isn’t worth the early breakdown!

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Sharontlg

SharontlgCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely back saving

I bought this weed puller at Bunnings after reading reviews here.
So glad I did, makes pulling out flat leaf weeds so easy.
It does leave a bit of a hole in the ground, so before shooting off the weed, I have been shaking off excess dirt back to the hole.
So much easier than back breaking bending. I wish I had bought one years ago.
As I have only had it for two weeks I can’t say if it will last but sure hope it does. Not cheap at $74 but worth it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Terry Q.

Terry Q.South East Queensland, QLD

Help your weed-pulling back

We, in our 70s, dislike weeds, even in our footpath grass. Hubby found Fiskars Weed Puller online so we purchased from Rock around the Block and found it did the job on larger/medium weeds. Small weeds...just wait til they can be clasped by the prongs o/wise they tend to 'slide through'. Removal takes a fair chunk out so may need to refill with soil/ sand/fresh grass root. Liked it so much, got it for birthday pressie for middleaged daughter and telling all our older friends as it gives your back a break and really extracts those hardy weeds.

Purchased in April 2019.

sam

samSydney, NSW

Must have tool for all gardeners

So easy to use I bought this one from Bunning for 74 dollars because of the 25yr warranty ,ahead of the cheaper version that cost of 35 dollars.i found the unit very easy and fast to use, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.5 stars

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

philbasked

Why do buyers put up negative comments when they have not read the instructions on the label? It is a failing of review systems.
The tool is designed for use in soft ground. The instructions show that it should be pushed all the way into soft ground. It should never be stomped in with a boot or only slightly pushed in which would happen in hard ground.
Are the negative comments coming from incorrect use by the buyer? I think so when I read the 5-star reviews from around the world.
My Fiskars Xact Weed Puller has worked perfectly on my lawn for 4 years.

Trevor_Esler

Well, the short answer is that when I bought the tool from Bunnings, it came with no instructions per se, and my previous experience with cheaper weed removal tools, indicated that I needed to exert less force, unfortunately Australia has some harsh climates and when my weeds are growing, it does not necessarily coincide with the rain season. It is a good tool, reasonably well designed, but it does meet the conditions within Australia.

philb

I can't see how Australian conditions or climate can have any bearing on the way the tool is supposed to be used.
I still have the large long card label that was on the tool when I bought it. It is hanging on the hook in the garage where I hang my 4 year old well used Fiskars Xact weed puller. It clearly shows in the first step in the diagram to push it in all way into the ground. In fact, if you don't, it can't work.
So I guess if you can't push the tool in as required then a mattock would be the preferred tool.

Susan

Susanasked

Have been looking for about one month. It seems to have been removed from the Bunnings product list. Any other places I could try. I live in south east Queensland

Wayne D.

Try mitre 10 they have on there list, strange given that I purchased mine from bunnings?

Hal

I looked online at Bunnings, not all had them in stock, so looked for the ones that did. Best purchase I have made, love it.

Leonie M.
Leonie M.

I’m in Sydney my Bunnings don’t have them

Christine D.

Christine D.asked

Where can I purchase a Fiskars XAct WEED PULLER in Melbourne

Hal

Bunnings. But check which one has them in stock.

NdWeise
NdWeise

I went to Fiskars web site and it says it's out of stock. My Bunnings had none and the web site no longer lists this product. Hoselink has a very similar tool.