Fitness First

Fitness First

harassed by staff to join

Regarding fitness first CHATSWOOD- this is a couple of years ago, had a free trial ticket, person kept leaving messages on phone harassing me to join. and bragging that ive had a free trial day of the value of $27 which was a rippoff. not the cleanest place either, they skimp on the cleaning.

Really bad customer service experience - and I'd been a member for 15 years

Ladies toilets dirty, giant spider in change room, machines left broken for months. Worst of all is the aggressive, rude and bullying staff - really bad customer service. Stay well clear

Renewal membership price scam !

Sales staff members, including head office, and the manager regularly contradict each other regards membership fees and renewal of membership fees. Blatant lies !
Why are long time members paying approx $ 22.00 per week increased to even higher fees and not offered the current new membership of $ 16.10 per week ?
Ladies bathroom disgusting, can no longer use pool/spa area, dirty and people getting contaminated.
Young staff draped over reception counter
Starting to be costly for Australian standards
Gold Coast location good

Nothing but a scam

Freezing account - 100$ per month
Cancel service - another month charged

Called up to cancel, took 34 days for a call to go through. Told them to cancel it, 6 months after still got charged.

Ladies toilets shocking

Ladies amenity never cleaned or maintained during the day. Water all over the floors, leaking toilets, smelly sanitary bins. Photos are at 8.30am. Imagine by midday! It's very disappointing that such a large gym neglects the continuous comments made at reception.

Dont listen to members. Air conditioning a joke...

Time and time again members ask them to fix air conditioning mainly in ladies area and it's like a sauna in there. Its controlled by nsw who have no idea of qld climate. If you charge as a 24 hr access gym air con should be on all the time...hygiene wipe machines are rarely maintained. Staff have no interest in passing on any members issues.

Great value, great facilities, convenient and broad access

Although membership prices are more than some other gyms, a membership with Fitness First comes with far more value than I've seen at any other gym. I have access to every gym and can participate in hundreds of classes near me every week, ranging from swimming to hot yoga to boxing, which I find is a great way to stay motivated. Love the community at my local fitness first and its staff too. Gyms are well-furnished, modern, and have a great range of equipment and facilities including saunas, heated meditation rooms, and even pools. There are also options for personal training and body-monitoring.

Financial First they should be called!

Will never ever join Fitness First again or recommend them to anyone! They are over priced, their equipment is out of date and in constant need of repair and they hide in the fine print the robbery clause and charge you for an extra months fees after cancellation. So many better gyms out there!

Don't Join!

Recently moved and requested to my cancel membership and no surprise was denied as I am still within my contract terms.
As I have a passport membership I assumed I could access gyms close to work (Sydney CBD) however have come to realise they are all Platinum clubs with exorbitant club membership prices.
After explaining my financial situation (hence the reason I have had my membership on hold for 4 months now) I was told the only way to be considered for cancellation would be to show records of filing for bankruptcy. What a ridiculous request!
To add to the negative experience I have noticed an $8 per fortnight charge for just having my membership on hold! I was never told of this charge and I would rather of had my membership waste away and progress further through the terms of the contract rather then waste this $8 for nothing!
I could go on and on but I will leave it and not waste any more of my time!

Contract Conditions are Unfair, Legislation required for easy cancellation of all gym contracts

I cannot see why a person cannot cancel a fitness first or any other gym contract at any stage.
A gym membership is not a major construction project. FF want 28 days notice and medical certificates. Why should doctors have to waste their time filling out medical certificates for Fitness First, how can FF contract doctors or compel them to fill in doctors certificates. These sorts of contracts make lots of profit off young people who take out a contract in good faith and find that they can't afford it or lose interest in exercise. No gym contract should have any time period and all contracts should be able to be cancelled immediately as per life insurance contracts which can be cancelled over the phone on. Politicians get your act together and legislate.

Fitness First Rockdale

This gym does not care about its customers.
I have asked via the official procedure 3 times to please service the rowing machines, have batteries in them and give them a decent spot, but never ever have they done it and never anyone responded to my request. I never managed to talk to the manager as she is always busy. I am fed up with they way they have ignored me and with the dirty, rusty state of the rowing machines. Very, very disappointed, what a crap gym!

Good equipment, terrible environment!

I was a Fitness First (FF) member for more than two years, I used to train regularly on Newtown, Hornsby, Macquarie and St. Leonards when used to be passport. In general, the equipment is great. Bench presses, medicine balls, cardio machines, dumbbells, etc. The problem is that the gym is so crowded that sometimes you cannot even use it !

FF is another fitness company where the priority is sell memberships and that's all. Forget about the old school days when most important thing was teach people about fitness and wellbeing.

For instance, Newtown FF is not a big gym and just because the staff loves to sell memberships it is impossible to find a free squat track or some space on the weights area.

I think is a good moment to support those gyms owned by local entrepreneurs.

1 month notice robbery

Wanted to cancel membership. They told me, I need to give 28 day notice. Why do you need a month notice? you are not a landlord who needs to know in order to look for a new tenant. Plain robbery. Forced to pay an extra $82 because of their 1 month robbery notice. Its their way to rob you before you cancel on their membership...

Flinders street and Melbourne central - hate it

Some idiot when I first joined put my name under 2 accounts. One for a free trial and the other my paid 3 month membership (Same problem someone else mentioned signed up for 3 months - 6 months later I'm still being billed. No one told me about the 28 day notice rule when I signed up so they kept charging me. Seriously how is that legal?

Everytime I go into the gym I am asked a million questions if I actually go to this gym as they only can see the free trial account, asking am i sure I'm a really a member. Also providing countless items of ID. Today it went on for 10 or mins and only came for one class which I almost missed.

Yet no one actually bothers to fix the problem and I come in everyday with a different staff member interagrating me. It's been going on weeks if not months and not one person has tried to fix for the problem.

Also the card that they've given me has never really worked 6 out of 10 times I have to go to front desk- no one's ever bothered to replace the card.

Terrible customer service! I only stay for Zumba. Wish I read all the reviews before signing up for a membership with them I think I will contemplate going with Virgin instead

Misleading About Contracts

Signed up for a 3 month contract (a product they offered) and communicated at sign up that 3 months was all I wanted. Company continued to debit me past the 3 months, then when I phoned to inquire why they advised I needed to give 1 months notice if I wanted to cancel. So they debited another two fortnights payments after the membership had already gone a fortnight over what I signed up for. Selling a 3 month membership that is actually secretly an unlimited membership is misleading and surely against Australian Consumer Law. They couldn't have cared less, just wanted the money and refused to honor the 3 month contract commitment I had made.

Awesome facilities & service

I have been going to FF Maroubra for the last 9 years and am very happy with the facilities & service. Staff are very helpful and the PT's are also fantastic. The gym has improved its facilities with an equipment refresh in the last 12 months. Regular members are friendly and helpful. What let's the gym down is some of the members who don't follow the gym rules by putting equipment away when they are finished and not cleaning up after themselves.

Poor service(Glen Waverley - Syndal branch)

Staff are very rude, and not acting in a professional manner. During a conversation with a staff member about a deal that I purchased today, she asked me to leave the building immediately. She twisted the story and said that I criticised her colleague and therefore I should leave the building. I didn't even raise my voice, i was trying to convey my point across, but she was very impatient and manipulative.. i lost the deal, but nevertheless the experience that I had was unbelievable.......

Would not let you quit and continuously charge you monthly fee and threaten to charge more if not pa

Try to end membership months ahead, but the staff never processed it. Took it up with the management end up with 1 more month to pay and threaten to add additional charges weekly if balance is not paid. This is totally over the top and certainly against australian consumer law.

Ripped off at Fitness First Park st (Sydney)

I had visited Park St Fitness First in Sydney, and informed them that I casually visit several FF gyms around Sydney from time to time. I only requested to attend a cardio class that had a duration of 45mins. They charged me $28 for a 45min class. When I debated with them regarding the extorted inflated price, they made excuses that they do not provide any concessions to students or casual visitors, and that all their gyms are priced the same. Unfortunately that is untrue and a complete LIE. I had visited the Fitness First gym at Parramatta last week and a 45 min class was only $20. I will be lodging a complaint. They extort to force you to pay the ultimate price to stay at the gym for the day and use all their facilities even if you are only wanting to attend 1 class. That is straight manipulation of their product and services to the clientele.

February 3rd 2019 Update: Account management defrauding new customers

The account management rips off customers. I had temporarily signed up and had a cooling off period for 2 weeks, but during this time they started direct debiting me. This is defrauding the customer after making them the promise that nothing will happen until after the 2 weeks. The consultant had even placed in notes that the cooling off period was to end on a specific date - which was actually 1 week AFTER I was debited. I suspect they continue to debit customers despite the cooling off clause in the hopes of the customer not noticing. I find ripping customers off as such as a big NO GO.

February 24th 2019 Update: Account management defrauding new customers

I had signed up for a trial period and had a cooling off period for 2 weeks, but during this time they started direct debiting me. This is defrauding the customer after making them the promise that nothing will happen until after the 2 weeks. The consultant had even placed in notes that the cooling off period was to end on a specific date - which in the end was actually 1 week after the direct debiting had commenced. When I rung FF to enquire about the direct debiting, the initial consultant advised me that no debiting had occurred yet I was referring off my bank statement. The consultant then advised that a refund had been put in. This did not seem correct. I rung again to speak to the original consultant who had signed me up. The consultant had confirmed that I was indeed charged during the cooling off period - and confirmed that 'this error occurs quite frequently'. They also confirmed that the supposed refund the other consultant had mentioned was in fact another new charge (not refund) that was indeeding to be charged to my account. Upon hearing this information, I was quite shocked to learn that the FF accounts team were in the habit of charging customers during their cooling off period, and that if I hadn't raised alarm bells, they would have continued to charge me. It is stated in the conditions that during the cooling off period, customers are not required to meet membership payment, and will not be charged, so how then have FF breached this condition with customers? Unfortunately this experience has left me feeling a bit dubious of FF's integrity concerning account payments.

Rubbish all round

Just want your $$$$ & the people at customer service are hopeless. machines are not great. Rude staff & not helpful

Condescending, lazy and incompetent staff from Shelly Street centre and Market Street centre, Sydney

I am a member of Sydney Bond Street gym (Platinum but not a 24/7 gym) and tried to activate 24/7 access at Shelly Street and Market Street. Upon arriving at Shelly Street 24/7 after work 5:30 pm on 21 December the lady at counter clearly just wanted to get out (she finishes at 6pm) and blatantly refused to help, in a very condescending way challenged why I didn't come earlier during the day or use a 24/7 gym as home gym. Then I was asked to go to another gym on market street for 24/7 access. At market street gym the staff again refused to help, asked why I didn't join market street gym as home gym and told me to come back next Monday 24 December 2:30 pm.

When I came back to market street gym 2:30 pm the staff again refused to help and ask me to come back at 3pm. Then at 3pm, after $25 "upgrade" fee and issuing a new card they claimed I should be able to access any 24/7 gym after hours.

Coming next day and surprise the card doesn't work! Here I am getting turned away 3 times over 4 days, treated poorly, $25 additional fee out of pocket and still can't access the gym! Terrible service and incompetent staff!