Fitness First

Fitness First

• Rates and Fees

KATHY

KATHY

Awful experience for customer services!!!

terrible customer service

I have been trying to cancel my membership for 1 week. Firstly, I went to the Brighton unit where they said they could not cancel my membership there and gave me a number to call. I tried calling them, they have not even answered me. I spent almost 2 hours trying to talk to them. This is a complete disrespect to the customer. They have to review their customer service system urgently.

Sebastian F.

Sebastian F.Sydney, NSW

The biggest scam. Worst customer service and antiquated business culture.

The biggest scam. I can't believe they are still in business given they have the worst costumer service of any gym in the world and the most antiquated business culture. I have been fighting to cancel my membership for 6 months and they find a way to delay this process. I have spent hours on wait on calls. I have left my number at managers offices im various locations and still no amnswers. It is truly bad service.

Cdogz

CdogzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got locked into a contract

Not the most pleasant staff but enjoyed working out there, the trainers were great, really helpful. Would go back again but wont be signing up for 12 months so I don't get stung again

Jenn C

Jenn CSydney, NSW

Amputee needed doctor's certificate to suspend membership

Heard the story about the bilateral amputee who needed a doctor's certificate to suspend membership at FF? Draw closer and I'll tell you. Husband, and 20 year member of FF, had a series of medical conditions of life-threatening nature, has been hospitalized for three months, and ended up having bilateral below knee amputation plus several fingers, and needed a doctor's certificate to suspend membership. His wife also needed a certificate a she was told " you can still train, can't you". Apart from being severely traumatised and spending every day sitting in ICU praying husband would survive, I guess I could still go the the gym and train. Medical certificates supplied, and thanks for creating extra stress for me.

Daisy

DaisySydney, NSW

Genuinely terrible customer service

Fitness first resumed billing my membership without consulting me, having said on the phone that my membership could stay on freeze until I wanted to resume. They were condescending and aggressive about my complaint and very dismissive of my request for a refund. I have been a member for 8 years but was still treated incredibly rudely. They then sent me an email misrepresenting all the details of my complaint and making no effort to follow up with me about what had happened. I hadn't given any authorisation to remove funds from my account and I hadn't resumed using the service. Would not recommend anyone getting a membership as they really don't seem to care at all about their customers or providing a good customer experience.

Nat S.

Nat S.Sydney, NSW

Customer service at fitness first George street

The One female employee wearing a blue and one wearing a black mask at reception incorrectly,both need to pay a bit more attention to customer service skills and less attention to their negative attitudes. Without patrons, they too would go out of work. Out of all the fitness first places I have tried, this was my worst impression of your employees. Working in hospitality in many different roles in my lifetime, the two with dark hair are definitely not an asset to your growing company, even during this pandemic

Rates and Fees

Rude obnoxious receptionist, with covid double standards.

Shocked Eyewitness story

Shocked Eyewitness storyCanberra 2600, ACT

Don't go to Fitness First! Horrible eyewitness story: Brighton East, Victoria

Carolyn

Carolyn

Don't sign Direct Debit Forms!

Daniel C.

Daniel C.

Rubbish

More than half the staff & 95% of the Trainers are morons. After I signed up they closed 3 or 4 gyms down. Can not stand them & tell all my mates & any one that will listen stay away from fitness first. Go else we’re

Very unhappy

Very unhappySydney, NSW

Cruel, insensitive and absolutely bullies!

I would never sign with fitness first again and I would warn any young ones not to either. Cruel and insensitive and won't move one bit no matter what your circumstances are.

Update on previous review

After emailing my complaint to the company they have come back and said they will refund the money since before COVID. I very much appreciated them doing this. Good outcome from what was very bad.

lll0122788

lll0122788

Terrible Customer Service

Brett Syd

Brett Syd

Poor Service, Booking Apps does not Work

Booking app fails every time. Getting charged for a gym I cannot use. Tried to cancel on-line - functionality is disabled. Emailed gym - no response. Called 7x times - nobody answers or returns your call. May have to cancel my credit card so I stop getting charged $46/fortnight for a service I cannot use.

Ana

Ana

Poor Customer Service, not responding to cancellation request

I've been a member of FF for over a year. Since we are forced to WFH, I can't go to the gym anymore, plus there are no FF clubs close to where I live. I called up the Victoria Gardens Club in Melbourne to cancel my membership and they redirected me to the cancellation section where the call simply disconnects. I've called again but there is no answer anymore. I've emailed the Victoria Gardens club in Melbourne too, but there is no response to my emails too. This is VERY BAD customer service. Can someone please respond to my request.

Catherine

CatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome gym and creche. Bayside fitness first.

I have been using this gym for over 15 years. Both of my children went to the creche there and it was such a great service. I try to tell as many people as I can.

Rafael P.

Rafael P.Sydney, NSW

Gym doesn’t care if you get stolen inside

Dollcakes

DollcakesSydney, NSW

Petty customer service

Been a member for 6 plus years. About 2 years ago I changed to time out (max 4 visits per month), and visiting Mosman every Saturday for that time. Today I was told I would have to pay an additional $10 to do my class for no reason other than apparently I signed up at another club all those years ago. These staff at Mosman are aggressive, rude and petty. Goodbye FF. The good news is there are plenty of other options and I’ve already joined a new gym. When will you learn the importance of service and retention?!!

Aurelie I.

Aurelie I.Sydney, NSW

Loyalty is not rewarded

After 7 years with Fitness First, i added my partner to my membership and not only we had to pay for joining fees but our membership fees are going to increase of 2% every year even if i joined before they put in place this new rule. I don’t think I’m going to renew 1 more year...