Ford Mondeo MA

Ford Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

4.5

Narelle Sneddon
    Narelle SneddonSouth Australia

Beautiful car to drive

I love my car it’s awesome reliable lovely to drive couldn’t be happier leather interior, its a turbo diesel drives smooth and also has a sunroof I could not of asked for a better car i love showing it off it sticks to the road and has awesome performance must have

Date PurchasedDec 2018
    Ross Richards
    Ross RichardsPerth, WA

Uh Oh

I took my car to Ford at Midland for a service. It came back with a transmission fault. I spent several hundred dollars trying to get the problem diagnosed, not solved...diagnosed. Ford Midland basically said buy a new car. The Ford Mondeo is not reliable. I had a 2 litre Torq diesel. The car was about 7 years old and perfectly maintained. I've never seen such poor problem ownership as I have with Ford. They basically washed their hands even though they created the fault. I had to sell my car with money still owing on it.

BodyWagon
    Date PurchasedJan 2012

bubs
    bubsEbernzer SA

best car ever

i would recommend the diesel ford mondeo to anyone i have had it for 9 years and its never let me down . It has plenty of room and the boot can fit so much in it. Mine is a also an automatic and the fuel ecomony is fantastic, n a 70litre tank I get around 900 to 1000 kms per tank.

Date PurchasedMay 2008

MattyK
    MattyKBrisbane

XR5T

Date PurchasedApr 2016
    Barcyboy
    BarcyboySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bargain Second Car

I picked up a Mondeo at auction not realising how good it was. It had all the bells and whistles that I associated with a much more modern car. The level of comfort and driveability were a nice surprise. The leather seats and sunroof was nice bonus. Bluetooth, parking sensors, sports gear shift, CD stacker, multiple air bags, electric driver's seat adjustments, dual climate controls, automatic wiper and lights along with Isofix baby seat fittings are just some of the enjoyable bonus items that I was not expecting with my "cheap" second car. It's now my favourite car to drive.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

BodyWagon
    Date PurchasedJan 2011
    Peter S
    Peter SAdelaide

Ticks all my fussy boxes

saf
    safSydney Surrounds, NSW

Annoying design faults and cost of running

My Mondeo reminds me of my 1970 V8 station wagon. Why? Because around town it uses just as much fuel and its turning circle is just as large. Lovely to drive but terrible to have to turn around in a tight space. Its roomy with loads of boot but there is a price to pay.
    Also, what genius decided that it would be a good idea to mount the lower door seal on the car body instead of the door? Picture getting out with boots on or especially getting out when you are parked along side another car such that you have to squeeze out. All too often your foot clips it and rips out the seal and a few clips. Brake bulbs blow about every 3 months. Would never recommend this car.

designduo
    designduoAU

Absolutely brilliant value

freitinhas
    freitinhasAdelaide, South Australia

So Far So Good!

RickyB
    RickyBSydney, NSW

This is the car I have owned the longest

Tim
    TimNew South Wales

2008 TDCi Ford Mondeo

Bought the car with 80K for a song. Up to 125K with no major issues. Had a flat battery and the Battery World guy stuffed up and left me with a car with the security system armed. All the internet hints were rubbish. I was about to tow to Ford when my mechanic mate disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and all good (even Ford service couldn't help me) so all good. I just had a noisy steering pump. It was the reservoir (blocked gauze filter) replaced with new one (with removable filter) from Ford and all good. This car is amazing on fuel, safety, and comfort. Tows my van like a champion and is great for really long trips (last Bris to Adelaide). I will buy another one.

bt1531951
    bt1531951NSW, 2731

Mondeo TDCI Update Review

Well our 2007 Mondeo has now done over the 100,000 klm now and has never missed a beat. Only normal servicing by our local Ford Dealer in Echuca at very reasonable prices. I have replaced the front brake pads myself and tyres of course. This car amazes me, the mileage on highway running for the turbo diesel is 6.5 litres per 100klm. I even towed our van for a couple of trips and it returned a 10.5 litres per 100klm. No complaints here and it is one of the best cars I have owned. I highly recommend it to anyone. Of course I am only referring to the TDCI model, don't know about the petrol version.
    Reliability, economy, comfort, features...
    Could do with a light on the key switch, but maybe they have that now?

dazza2701
    dazza2701Central Coast

2008 Ford Mondeo XR5

Viktoria
    ViktoriaNSW, 2007

Ray williamsasked
    Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Whine type noise for5 to 10 mins, then disappears,not sure where from , car drive so well, has all up to date services.

Mark L.
    Mark L.

Gee Ray probably need to be more specific i.e is the whine present when engine is cold or while accelerating or while cruising at constant speed or when accelerating or underload? Could be caused by many different components. Could be the belt that drives the alternator and power steering pump and water pump and aircon compressor worn and slipping when cold. Could be a worn water pump bearing or bearing in aircon compressor on its way out. Could be a worn power steering pump. These components are mounted on drivers side of engine and you could listen with car idling and bonnet raised to pinpoint component. Could be caused by noisy bearings in the idlers and tensioners that guide the cam belt if this service is overdue.

Ray williams

Noise, ( whine only comes in over 20 kms, seems to last longer now the temperature has dropped, once engine is warmed up it disappears,cannot check noise while idling, It's not there,

Geraldine P.
    Geraldine P.asked
    Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Mondeo XR5 turbo 2008 2.5 L. Car is “chugging” every now and then. Feels like a temp starvation of petrol. Would it be the fuel pump? Where is the pump located?

no n.
    no n.asked
    Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

my Ford Mondeo2008 2.3 Automatic has 180.000kms when I should change the timing belt ? how much can cost ? thanks

See all Ford Mondeo MA (2007-2008) questions

Ford Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Compare all 10 Ford Mondeo
    CategoryCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
    Starting Price $29,990
    TransmissionAutomatic
    Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
    Fuel TypePetrol