Frank Green Reusable Cup

Frank Green Reusable Cup

Stainless Steel, Original, Next Generation

See the Best Reusable Coffee Cups / Travel Mugs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dee Dee

Dee DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Nearly three years with my cup and no issues - love it

This is not the perfect cup - could keep hot drinks hotter for longer and it is a little clumsy to clean but I still love it - love the shape, the size and way it feel and the opening (better than the Keep Cup I used to have) and haven't had any design issues, only if I haven't closed it properly and I totally own those moments. I do not understand any of the negative issues people have had I can only think they didn't know how to use it properly - its not rocket science, but I cared enough to look up the care instructions. I would advise everyone to do that and not be lazy or ignorant. And you'll have no issues.

Purchased in August 2017 at Mulberry for $45.00.

Poor performance for a double-walled cup

I was gifted two Frank Green original resuable cup (small). Used it for a cup of hot coffee, and within minutes, the outside of the cup became way too hot to hold (push button was in the open position to let the steam out). That is quite unexpected for a double-walled insulated cup. I thought it might have been a lemon, so I tested the second cup. It was the same result. What good is a double-walled insulated cup if it's too hot to hold? It also means that the insulation is not that good.

Purchased in February 2019.

Dave A.

Dave A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overpriced and useless.

It is a pain to clean, and you have to remove 5 working parts to clean it properly.
It does not seal like it claims too, and leaks badly.
Way overpriced and under delivers. The claims on keeping the coffee hot are way over exaggerated too.

AVOID!

Purchased in September 2019.

Jenna H.

Jenna H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Misleading!

Purchased for $45.00.

Awful! Do not buy!

Do not buy anything from Frank Green. The product is low quality, leaks like everyone says and is NOT dishwasher safe! The lid no longer twists on and the whole cup is now garbage and I've only been using it for a month! Wasted hard earned money on two of these!

Purchased in March 2019 for $30.00.

Sidney

SidneySydney, NSW

Leak non stop

I have this frank green bottle for a year now and been leaking few weeks after my purchase; email them and they send a replacement kit to fix the issue and not even a year it leaks again. Used it for my child hot water for milk and it always leak inside the diaper bag.

Purchased in November 2018.

Love these cups

I initially purchased a 740ml water bottle after it was recommended by a colleague and absolutely love it - no leaks, great size and easy to clean. I then purchased 2 of the medium sized travel mugs. I was a little nervous after reading the reviews about leaks, but I have to say mine have been nothing but fabulous. I had one leak once, and that was because I overfilled the mug. The lid has been easy to clean and I am in love with the colours. I highly recommend these products.

MummaK

MummaK

Keeps coffee super hot for hours

Bought this mug to save money on buying coffees out and so far it’s been great. I have the middle size 10oz mug in ceramic which is great but wish it was a bit bigger without needing the 20oz which is a bit big.
Coffee stays HOT for hours which is perfect for the car ride to work to still have a hot coffee.
The lid is plastic which does get quite hot though so be careful when drinking.

Purchased in September 2019.

Incredible customer service and products

Purchased in September 2019 at Frank Green.

Di

DiHobart, TAS

If it leaks you haven’t put the lid on correctly

I love my Frank Green cup with a chip so I don’t have to carry money out when I get my coffee .
Lots of criticism from people about leaking - you have to watch the tutorial and make sure the lid is fitted correctly. Needs washing regularly but who doesn’t !

Purchased in May 2018.

Warning: Leaks Like A Waterfall

It leaks so much that its actually ridiculous. For the price I paid for this, I feel ripped off. I'm suprised the company has not done anything to address this!

Purchased in August 2019 for $49.00.

Gem

GemCanberra 2600, ACT

Dumb design & leaks

The pop lid design never works first go. The complex system of the pop lid collects coffee and milk and goes rancid, even with washing. After taking the lid apart to try and clean the disgusting lid, it won’t go back together.
Don’t wait your money.

Purchased in April 2019.

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ceramic Reusable Cup - its a silicone based ceramic (not clay or earthen like cup)

I haven't tried the cup yet, so maybe it's a great cup, maybe not.

Just want others buyers looking for a ceramic cup to know that it is a silicone based ceramic (Frank Green support told me this when I complained the internal layer wasn't ceramic). So it doesn't have the same feel or look as a clay/earthen glazed coffee cup at home. It is still ceramic, but silicone based.

It seems easy to find a nice ceramic glazed cup with a silicone lid. I was hoping this was the solution for a screw top lid. I have little kids who accidentally knock things over.

Purchased in August 2019 for $46.00.

Great customer service! No issue with leaking here!

Unfortunately when I received it, it wasn't perfect with a small scratch on the base. I emailed customer service with a photo and the next business day I got a reply to say a replacement base is on its way in Express post! Got it in the mail a few days later and they had upgraded me to the next generation base! Great cup, no leaks, looks great and practical.

Purchased in August 2019 for $30.00.

Vania K.

Vania K.Western Australia

Don’t even.

The cup leaks like an uncontainable waterfall. It surprises me how much more liquid leaks as i hold it up right, when trying to wipe off the original leak. This product is definitely not worth your money. considering it’s price, you can get much better product than this.

Purchased for $40.00.

Expensive and leaky

For something that costs as much as it does, this cup leaks all over the place. I thought it didn't have a seal inside the lid but it does so the fact it leaks is baffling. Awkward to sip from as well, and sometimes will just bubble your drink on to your nose from the 2nd air hole. Main cup is fine to wash but the lid takes on a lot of water and you either have to unscrew it all to dry or stand over the sink for a while shaking out water.

Doesn't really have a thermos function.

Never used the tap and pay function because I have a phone so why would I?

Looks good, that's it.

Purchased in February 2018.

Coffee Cult

Coffee CultMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not what it looks like and not worth the money

Purchased in July 2019 at Frank Green for $46.95.

Diddy

DiddySydney, NSW

Looks good but not functional

I bought the original cup (polymer) and then more recently the stainless steel cup. Honestly, I wouldn’t waste my money on Frank Green. They are overpriced with many design flaws. There are many other better products out there to pick from. The lid design was not very well thought out for function. It looks good on the shelf but that’s about it. The design process is too try hard to be sophisticated. I thought I’d give them a second chance when I bought the stainless steel but even after 3 years they have made no changes in product improvement. It is definitely not leak-proof so im not sure how they got away with claiming that...

Purchased in July 2019 for $50.00.

bbsb007

bbsb007Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great in theory, leaks in reality

I love this design, it's the only reusable coffee cup I can get a coffee in and throw in my handbag knowing it won't leak. Perfect for a mum with kids and 6 bags to carry. The coffee / tea also stays warm for a long time as it's sealed.

The downside is that although it doesn't leak when you keep it relatively upright in a handbag, after 12 months of use it leaks as soon as you tip it up to take a sip. I've disassembled and reassembled the lid & screwed the lid on super tight but nothing works. It's now useless.

Very disappointing for a product that you purchase to be more sustainable. Apparently they are made from recyclable materials, but who knows where it'll end up if you throw it in your recycling bin?

Purchased in June 2017 for $30.00.

Grant

GrantSydney Surrounds, NSW

DO NOT BUY THIS CUP

Please do yourself a favour and read the reviews before purchasing this cup. Leaky, leaky leaky! The company knows there are problems but they act like it's somehow your fault. For a company who claims to have a sustainability imagine, their customer service is atrocious. They receive so many negative reviews and yet do nothing to solve the problem other them tell you to dissemble a brand new cup and reassemble it to try and stop the leaks. I wouldn't even pay $5 for this let alone $30.

Purchased in July 2019 for $39.99.