Freedom Insurance

See the Best Life Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

i really like this policy

my insurance was easy to set up and found Connor very good as i was previously with Seniors and this policy is better value for me and works better for me and i wasnt pushed into joining .One thing very important to me

Claim MadeNo

They prey on the vulnerable

Anyone could tell from a few seconds into a conversation with my late brother that he was not well mentally. This company and its salespeople have no conscience. They are looking to trick and take advantage of people by signing them up for something they present as 'free' which isn't free after twelve months, and the premiums just keep being taken from the account, unknown to the person and requiring extraordinary effort to cancel. I do not forgive them for preying on my vulnerable loved one.
I hope they've gotten rid of their 'auto-dialler' into which they load numbers purchased from 'lead generation companies' - that's a fancy word for 'phishing scammers' who host online ads and pop-ups trying to get you to click on things and give away personal details so they can sell them. What a way to make a living! Making the world a horrible place for the most vulnerable and adding to their losses.

Not happy, Jan.....

I have had funeral insurance with Freedom now for 8 years....currently I am paying $67/fortnight for my husband (who is 83) and $42.94 for myself (78) that is over $100/fortnight out of our pensions. Both policies have a $5910 benefit amount. When the current renewal date (Feb 2020) comes around we will have paid nearly $6k for my policy and just over $8k for my husband. I have called 3 times (3rd time I was put on hold and subsequently disconnected) to discuss this but got no help or satisfaction only to be told that there wasn't really anything they could do to help. OK, they do give us back 10% of our premiums every 2 years which they thought was doing us a favour. We can't cancel our policies - if we do we will have paid all that money for absolutely nothing, and we are too old to go elsewhere. Other companies offer benefit amount OR monies paid, which ever was the greatest - NOT Freedom. What happens if we live for another 10 years? How much would we have paid by then? It makes me sick and angry when I think of it - probably by then the premiums will be taking all our pensions. When you take out Life insurance, car insurance or pet insurance you usually get some value in return - in this case Freedom are getting the benefit, not us. I wish I had never taken this policy out and instead put the money in a separate bank account.....I am seriously considering contacting "A Current Affair" to bring this to public attention.......

Claim MadeNo
Now I find that Freedom are winding down to eventually close. They are passing all policies beginning with 94 to 'iasas' whoever they may be (I can't find them on the internet). We have not had any notification from Freedom - I only found out on their website.....what happens now???

It is ok

I've been a policyholder for over the past 3years, then lost my job (now studying) I didn't want to lose any of my benefits, I called to request a lower payment until I return to employment, which your operator advice that my payment can be reduced by giving up some benefits (which id paid for for the past years) or reducing to a basic policy, I felt "Ripped off!!!" so I choose to keep my existing policy and seeing this "Flaw", gives me confidence in "Warning" my network of friends and family members around the world when considering any products thru freedom insurance.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Best funeral fund for me

Yes I think it is very good value and so easy to set up and I haven't logged a claim as yet. When I done my claim it only took about 20 mins.

Claim MadeYes
Hi Lynese, we are glad to hear that we are able to provide you with suitable cover, thanks for the review!

this is a great one

yes policy is good for me just now and then am a bit short had to fix car sorry but would like to stay with you at freedom if ok will try to put more money in so you can get it out am sorry for getting behind

Claim MadeNo
Hi David, could I please have your policy number so we can get in contact with you? Thank you.

It's ok

Yes I think that my policy is good value. No I haven't made a claim as I only have funeral cover. No I did not use aggressive language to the person.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Ronald, we are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with us. Thanks for the review!

Yes I was very happy with customer service

It only took 15mins over the phone no medical reports no legal actions and it was Hassel free I would value freedom insurance to anyone so give them a call

Claim MadeNo
Hi Benjamin, we are glad to hear that we are able to provide you with cover that suits your needs. Thanks for the review!

Good service

I changed my payment options and it was quick and easy to do on the phone. Great customer service, very polite and helpful. Sorted the problem right away. Thank you

Claim MadeNo
Hi Antonietta, thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear our staff were able to assist you with your request!

Great very helpful

They were great didn't have to wait for my claim went straight in which was good as it was.a funeral cover which it was so good didn't have to stress

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi there, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear you had a positive and stress-free experience making a claim with us and we will ensure to share this feedback with our Claims Team.

My Review

It is reasonably good value and easy to set up. I decided to take it up as I thought it would be nice to receive a payout when I'm older.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Warren, we are glad to hear that you are happy with your cover. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Its a great thing to have.

My policy was easy to set up. The team at Freedom Insurance are all awesome and a pleasure to talk to. My husband and I are very happy with our Insurance.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Bev, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent experience and we will ensure to share your feedback with our Customer Service team. Thank you!

Just want to cancel policy and they take money

They still took my money but I canceled. dnd Chen xjxnxn dn djdnnx jinx dnxn jinx djdjdn did djd did iix. Idndn ndjdk djd njjdnbnn he jj he uh ii

DECEITFUL SELLING

My wife is 75 and not particularly well. She has a memory of a Funeral Insurance Salesperson phoning her and offering her 12 months free insurance for the whole family. Not sure how but the Salesperson managed to get from my wife our bank details.
Almost 2 years on we find that over $212.00 has come out of our bank account and we only just realised what it was. We have no records of signing any documents nor agreeing to continue after the so called free 12 months. Its a total sham preying on the elderly.
I will persue financial recovering through the Ombudsman and the Department of Fair Trading - never thought my wife would fall for this deception.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Roge, our compliance team would like to assist you with this matter, could you please private message us your wife's Policy Number or best contact number so that we can investigate this further? Thank you

Great service and very helpful.

Can't say enough to say thank you for being concerned, helpful and the follow up was excellent. Claim was paid within a week of claim being sent in. The consultant was excellent.
Was jubeious if the insurance was worth it, but all I can say now is YES IT WAS.
Thank you again.
Roy M.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Roy, we are so glad to hear that we were able to help you make a claim with Freedom and that the process was hassle-free. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure that we share your comments with our Claims team!

Very Happy Customer

My policy is of great value and now happy that I am covered and no burden to my family in my demise. Was easy to set up and worth the money.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Robo, it's great to hear that you've had a positive experience with us and that we can provide you with suitable cover and peace of mind. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.You are quite welcome, will only leave good feedback when it is deserved.

This is perfect for me

I took up funeral Insurance as I don't want my loved ones to fork out the money for our last day here on earth it was great that it is free and the money back guarantee was just what I wanted

Claim MadeNo
Hi Michael, we are glad to hear that we can provide you with cover that suits your needs. Thank you for leaving us a review!

I love Freedom, the premiums are very affordable for me with very easy payment method for me.

My policy if great value for me, it was easy to set up over the telephone and with great and easy to speak to customer service representatives.
I lodged a claim for my late father he recently passed away in November 2018, the claim process was very quick and very easy to do online and the customer service representatives were sensational at a very difficult time in my life. Their service was superb and they were very nice, considerate and offered their condolences in such a beautiful manner, my claim was paid within 2 business days of my application claim. I was very impressed with this and I continue to recommend Freedom Insurance to all of my family and friends now and into the future. I cant express enough thankyou to Freedom Insurance at a difficult time in my life. Thankyou. Jessica Howison

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2018

Funeral insurance

I guess so but only took it up as was free refuse to pay for funeral insurance as I won’t be here I don’t care what happens when I die

Good to deal with.

yes Did take up offer, but Freedom were very accomodating thank you for being respectful and understanding to our needs and where we are at our stage of life. Great

Claim MadeNo
Hi Luke, thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear we could provide you with suitable cover and that our staff were able to assist you.