Qantas Frequent Flyer

Qantas Frequent Flyer

See the Best Rewards & Loyalty Programs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mike

Mike

Same as the last review - the digital egift cards are a disaster

100% agree with thomasaways review. They sent 4 of the 5 egift cards. Theyve promised to refund the unsent egift card, but 2 weeks later, hours on hold and countless managers and supervisors, yet no refund. Pity zero stars isnt an option.

Venice298

Venice298

Qantas Flyer rewards has gone backward and no longer attractive

Too much hassle to get a Digital Gift Card

Thought I would use up some soon to expire Qantas air miles by buying digital gift cards that are just emailed. After numerous email an phone calls the system has still not sent me the email to printout. Call center just fobs you off with "wait another 24 hours" or "we can't help so call back tomorrow" or "supervisor is not available" or just cuts you off. Never have this problem with Air New Zealand.

ling

lingSydney, NSW

Not Impressed

My wife had 3900 points from a flight approximately 18 Months ago. We tried to get them transferred over to my QFF account but the minimum amount is 5000 so we could not do it. Then after 18 Months they expired the points due to in activity. Why so many restrictions? And why was this changed from 3 years expiry previously to only 18 Months now? Wasted points with a ridged rules makes this rewards program not so impressive.

Disappointing

never waste your points, money and time get things from these guys. disappointing and embarrassing. I spoke to one of them and explained my experience with TOLL priority and she was keep saying thats not their fault and I have to wait more. The worst case scenario I will use in my classes in future for tribble customer service,

Tone

ToneSydney

Don't trust their online store earning you Qantas Points - Shame on you QFF

I've recently purchased an electronic goods using the link they provided in the Qantas Store, but no points was given in 15 days. So I've lodged an enquiry, two weeks later they came back saying it's been declined because either I return the order or I didn't click through the link from their store. For one, I still have my stuff with me right now, for two I know I definitely click through their store, I even provided them with the web order. But they just declined. Disappointing customer service!

H W

H WAU

Worst customer experience

Lots of my points for flights and uber are missing, customer service only waste hours of your time and completely not helpful. It’s a shame that they charge “premium” for the seats while offering such bad customer experience for the frequent flyer program

Allan

AllanSydney, NSW

Pathetic. Comment from a 38 year member Qantas FF Programme

To say that I am annoyed would be an understatement. I have been loyal to Qantas for 38 years. Held Chairman" Lounge and Platinum Status but now Gold and cannot find a Business Class Rewards seat to London that doesn't take me via China in April/May 2019.
Has anyone else had this experience? Come on Qantas - show some real LOYALTY to those who have been extremely LOYAL to you.
Allan

Sculls

ScullsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great systems, quick transfer of points, great flight upgrades and offers

Disgraceful business practice. They take your money for items they have no stock of

Do not order anything from this disgraceful online store. They offer these amazing deals for items which they have no stock of and will not be getting stock of any time soon. I ordered the Sony WF-1000XM3 as did many other people, and the estimated delivery date quickly passed and was given a later date. This also passed with no communication from Qantas. Upon enquiry, I was given a date of approximately 2 months later. This store is profiting by holding onto your money for months until you give in and ask for a refund, which they then take ages to process.

Liv V.

Liv V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worst customer service/business I've ever dealt with

Qantas has 'lost' 60,000 points gained thru my David Jones Amex card. I've rung them 5 times now, having to wait over half hours and they still can't get it

Happy Cat

Happy Cat

Doesn't even worth 0 star

They took 3000 points from my account and when I chat with them to how to unsubscribe, they took more than an hour of my time to get this done, but no luck. Worst customer service ever.

Ian W.

Ian W.South East Queensland, QLD

Qantas Store (read: Qantas Scam)

Beware they offer for sale items they don't have in stock (illegal practice), take your money, make promises of delivery and end up cancelling after a few weeks. Has happened to me a few times now. I would avoid using Qantas Store. Very poor customer service, with call centre overseas.

Gus

GusDee Why

Worst online shopping experience ever!

Used my daughter's FF points because they were about to expiry and made a purchase through the Qantas Rewards Store (a hand blender). Item arrived, but its plastic cup had been damaged in transit. Took me weeks to get through to the right people to try and solve it (very annoying!). Once the facts were established, their condition for a replacement or refund was a proof that I had cut the cord of the main unit (a working unit!). This may be common practice nowadays, but I totally disagree with such a waste and believe that there must be more conscious solutions for a simple cup replacement...

Awful! cancel my order without even refund the money!

Buy a headphone from the store, first I was told the delivery is delayed then told the order has been canceled! I logged 4 tickets ask for a explain got no reply! 4 week pasted and I even don't get a refund!

ash

ashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero stars wasn’t an option!

Ordered RM Williams on 4 July and after 7 weeks still no update. At the time of order they said they were in stock. I’m yet to be contacted and have just sent my second email to try and cancel the order. I would not recommend the Qantas store to anyone, they’ll tell you what you want to hear.

Sharnee W.

Sharnee W.Darwin, NT

What a bunch of clowns

Like many others I purchased the Sony A7 III + 24-105 in the recent deal, only to receive an email a week and a half later saying that they had cancelled the order, with some lame excuse. I have emailed them 3 times with no response.

Binh

BinhGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible qantas program!

Terrible qantas program! I flight from Vanuatu to Melbourne and I have Silver card and they invite me to Qantas lounge. But when came to Sydney airport they cancel my ticket (at 6h15pm) and said moved me to flight 10h pm. When come to lounge the lady there said you can not come you should buy club membership $900? Why they invite me? Why they cancel my ticket without sorry and move this invite to changed ticket? So I have to spend 5 hours in Sydney airport with very rude treating from qantas club staffs!
Terrible qantas club!

jwaussie

jwaussieMelbourne

Qantas Refuses to abide by eticket

On 14 june I booked a economy flight Melb to Jnb return the eticket states 66kgs and we now have 40 kgs luggage. A week before the trip qantas sends us a email stating 30 kgs - we complain 66 was on eticket they agree but no benefits just a apology. So if we take the 10 kgs more they will charge us $1000 plus - where is the customer service Qantas.

Mimi

MimiSydney, NSW

Too difficult to find any reward seats.

Ridiculous, i have close to 1 million points and wanted to buy return first class or business class seats for Europe. It is not possible. Pick up your game Qantas.

Carole S.

Carole S.asked

HOW can I join Virgin Frequent Flyers points please??

Emme

Emmeasked

I'm considering getting a Qantas frequent flyer card - All the reviews seem terrible but the main issue seems to be expiry of points. I've read the following on the Qantas website:

Your Qantas Points will not expire as long as you earn or use Qantas Points (excluding family transfers or the conversion of points from Aquire) through your Frequent Flyer account at least once every 18 months. This includes earning or using Qantas Points with our program partners. The time period starts from the date of your last activity (in the case of earning points on eligible flights, that is the date the flight was taken).

This seems okay to me as I would definitely use points/earn points every year.. Is the expiry the only issue people seem to have?

jturner105
jturner105

Hi Emme, the problem is you don’t earn points on partner flights well not Jetstar that’s for sure. So unless you know you will fly with Qantas you could fly regularly and not earn points. I earn pts regularly and just struggle to spend them. Getting a points seat on Qantas is like pulling teeth. Jetstar is easy though, go figure. And I have had issues with the store as well. The programme itself is complicated and outdated. Give the points a dollar value and let ppl spend them would solve a lot of problems. Hope that helps.

TJWA
TJWA

Hi Emme. Lost points is only part of the problem with this scheme. Getting any ff seats is extremely difficult, the taxes attached to ff seats are huge and often make it as cheap to fly with another airline, and you will often earn no points at all on your flights if they are discounted fares - but you will always get the annual charges.
Shop around: much fairer schemes are out there.

The Meerkat
The Meerkat

My points haven't expired. I have had a problem getting valid points credited to my account. Don't join this program. Explore what other airlines are offering.

act952

act952asked

I am a Gold status FF. I average 4 flights a year to USA cities through Lax with Departures usually
thru Term 4. My status allows access to Qantas Club Lounge which is in Tom Bradley Term. Term
4 departures requires QC Lounge members to use AA Lounge in Term 4. This lounge is exceedingly
inferior to QC Lounge & I feel does not meet the advertised benefits of Qantas Club membership
(The many QC members I speak to when in the AA club are all equally disgusted with the AA Club offerings) I am searching for method to access QC Lounge in [name removed] when my departure is
scheduled from Term 4.

Anne
Anne

Sorry, can't offer any assistance with this question

kllg
kllg

You have to beca Platinum Member.