Gaggia Accademia

• Milk Frothing
cami

camiPerth, WA

What a shame!

5 months old, and it has been in for repairs 2 times. The milk container replaced, o rings and a leak. After only 3 coffees you need to empty driptray.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$2,230.00.

Great espresso machine but...,

I bought a Gaggia Academia band new. I have owned it for 3 years now. I use Alkaline water so I have no need to use the filter. I descaled it 4 times but only as a precaution. I have no residue at all. This machine is still going strong. There are two draw backs, the milk frothier is made of plastic and I had to buy a replacement because there is plastic pieces that will break off regardless of how careful you are. The second drawback is that the grinder and milk frothier is noisy as hell and will wake you partner up. I wish they sell a silencer cover like they have for generators. I’m currently looking for a machine for the RV that’s quieter.

Purchased in February 2017.

Milk Frothing

Hi Rich,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you still enjoy using your Gaggia machine and we have registered your feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Jennyren

JennyrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Coffee wholesaler

Having been in the coffee industry for over 30years and sold numerous espresso machines I purchased a Gaggia Academica in 2010, since then I have made over 15000 espresso cups and the unit is still going strong, the best part of the machine is how quiet it grinds and the pressure in frofing the milk.
I have never used the auto milk frofer as it is always to bubbly and doesn’t have that fine texture.
Now that I have sold my business and retired I feel this is the best semi industrial coffee machine on the market.
To maintain a good operation continue to decals it monthly and try to use filtered water.
Best coffee to buy at a reasonable price BRAZIL blend from ALDI $13.99 kilo.
Good coffee making,enjoy.

Purchased in April 2010 at Saeco for A$2,500.00.

Milk Frothing

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Michael

MichaelPerth

Disappointed

After owning 2 seaco machines for over 10 years we changed to Gaggia. This machine has been back for repair twice in one year and is going back again due to no steam function. Machine leaks and has caused rust in the machine. My seaco odea go was $899 and lasted many years. Shouldn’t be paying $2400 for a product that can’t last 1 year. Very dissatisfied

Date PurchasedJul 2016

dsnovellVictoria

Very convenient and easy to use.

Philips S.Gaggia

Hi there! Thank you for your elaborate review, really awesome! It sounds like you've really become an expert in making coffee (and cappuccino's), and probably in enjoying them too. ;-)

The Philips Australia team

Philips S.Gaggia

Hello again, please call us on 1300 363 391 (if you are Australia). We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

Impossible to recommend

Purchased new February 2014. Despite cleaning the brew group regularly and performing all maintenance tasks when prompted and using appropriate products purchased from the supplier, this machine has been extremely unreliable. No problems with any of the coffee functions, but the milk and cleaning functions on the right-hand side of the machine have been problematic. In for warranty repair three times for a total of twelve weeks. May 2014 - no milk buttons worked - thermostat replaced. March 2015 - after similar problem over two months valves and boiler replaced. June 2015 valves and carafe replaced. Now milk functions work only intermittently. Not happy!

Phil R

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Philips on this number on Friday 23 September and was told by Lane, to whom I have spoken on many previous occasions, that Segafredo now servives Gaggia machines.

Phil R

Sorrry, I spoke to Lance!

anne

anneTULLY

Extremely Reliable

Mark1937

Mark1937Perth

Fantastic Machine!

Straight out of the box this machine required very little adjustment to the settings. The measures of espresso and milk were fantastic for Mach Latte and Cappuccino. Milk temperature was also perfect and I was a little worried as a lot of automatic machines have trouble frothing the milk at a reasonable temperature. The ability to easily adjust espresso strength on the fly is also great for individual coffee perfection. Great choice and highly I recommend.
Milk frothing was perfect, looks awesome and ease of use.
Water level can catch you out if not careful as it is only about 4 cups worth, otherwise PERFECT in every way!

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Gaggia Accademia compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

wilma54

wilma54MELBOURNE

looks superb, good coffee, Have grown to like machine

Eventually bite bullet and bought an automatic machine. Unfortuately after Gaggia Evolution all the instructions and eventual cleaning has reduced my enjoyment of making my own lattes. The carfe spits soya milk over machine and floor, experimented with different milks to prevent. Makes great froth, coffee at touch of buttons
Grinds the beans, programmable, 3 froth programmes excellent
spits thick soya milk

Trish23
Trish23

Jer Min

Jer Minasked

Hi, I have the Gaggia Accademia for years and it worked flawlessly until couple days ago when it is giving me Error E01. I am aware that Error E01 referring to No Beans, Grinder Blocked according to Whole Latter Love Wiki. Hence, I have followed those steps in the Wiki, still no luck!

I have done the following:

1. Remove all of the beans and set them aside.
2. Move the grinder adjustment dial all the way to the coarsest setting.
3. Use a vacuum to thoroughly clean out the grinder, in particular vacuum down in the chute where the beans feed into the inside of the machine.
4. Add beans back into the machine, make sure the grinder is still set to the coarsest setting.
5. The moment I try to test the machine to see if it works by pressing the Espresso button, Error E01 message pop up on the screen.
6. Besides, I have also followed an advice from a coffer lover in fixya.com to remove the brew group, from the left side of the drop chute pull down and back to clear an opening that relieves pressure on the passage and vacuum all the ground coffee (nothing much to clean though)
7. Lastly, I also went into the Diagnostic/ Test mode of the machine and troubleshoot the Grinder specifically, the Grinder is grinding the beans perfectly, I am wondering why?

Appreciate your professional advices and tips since we do not have Gaggia Service Centre here in Malaysia. And to send to other coffee machine service centre, that would be very risky, not sure whether they know how to fix Gaggia Accademia.

Thank you.

Patricia S.

Patricia S.asked

I have a Gaggia compact digital and somehow it has lost English

dsnovell

It should be able to be re set. Maybe try turning off for 10 minutes at the powerpoint and then turning back on. Go into settings and see if you can get the English setting or ring Gaggia for advice

Leighton Willettasked

I cannot get my machine out of descale because the stage is not being recognized. Is there a way to manually get it out of the descale function?

dsnovell

Hi, You could try to trick the machine by going into the menu and starting a new descale, without adding the tablet or descale mixture? Turn the machine off at the power, wait ten minutes and turn back on? Good luck!

Philips S.Gaggia

Hi Leighton, thanks for your comment. How odd that your machine stays in the descale mode. We'd be happy to look into this for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Leighton Willett

Thank you for the reply. The issue is that the machine does not see the milk carafe. When I got into diagnostics, I can get the carafe into both clean and brew ( carafe clean and carafe milk) but carafe present is not selected at all. I’ve cleaned the circuit. Without the machine knowing the carafe is present there appears to be no way to get it out of descale. There is no way to restart the cycle. I left it unplugged and dry for five days and when I plugged it in it when straight back to the descale. I cannot figure it out! There seems to be no way to trick the machine out of descale mode

Get an answer from our members and Gaggia representatives

CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines