5Jura S8

4.5
Makes delicious, barista-quality coffee
15 coffee types to choose from
Premium price at $2,790
Cleaning can be a little fiddly

G Libby
G LibbySouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Broken down twice within 12 months

I am so disappointed with this machine. For a top end machine you would expect to get a few years of use out of it. Instead my new machine has been sent for repair twice. First time it was the electronics now the grinding mechanism. Jura service sucks. I took the faulty machine back to Harvey Norman where I purchased it, it sat there for nearly 2 weeks because Jura didn't send the postage label. I was told it will be another 4 weeks before I get the machine back. I regret buying this machine. Show details
MXH
MXHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts
Anthony T.
Anthony T.

Very average machine

Very disappointed considering the price. Milk frother constantly blocking up with each use, noisy and slow. Machine has failed within 2 years and jura have offered a factory seconds machine. Show details
John D.
John D.South East Queensland, QLD16 posts
JURA Australia   DM

Hi John, thank you for sharing your feedback. Our Support team might be able to assist you. Can you please send us your best contact details by private message? (name, mobile and email address). Kind regards | JURA Australia

Kieren Perkins
Kieren PerkinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing quality espresso from an automatic!

I drink mainly double espresso and I buy my beans from Patricia’s in Melbourne. I am constantly amazed at how close the S8 gets to the coffee from the baristas. Show details
Elham
ElhamWestern Australia

Disappointing purchase

I bought this coffee machine a few months ago, and it’s been faulty twice!! An error (error 22) popped up and last time didn’t work anymore!! It was sent away for a repair, came back after a month with broken parts. Still waiting for new parts (Two months now! ). There is no guarantee that this doesn’t happen again! I absolutely regret buying this expensive machine:(
bronstar1
bronstar1Gippsland, VIC89 posts

Robert Godwin
Robert GodwinNorth Queensland, QLD5 posts

Software Screen Update

I own a S8 and recently purchased an S8 for work.
The only difference appears to be the touch screen cleaning pictures.
My machine has the picture Liquid milk cleaner, my work machine has the pallet picture.
Is there a way to update the screen on my machine? I do have it connected.
App version: Version 3.1.6 Build (542082346)
File version of the machine: 28.06.22 Show details ·  2
steve marrell
steve marrellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC24 posts

Touch screen freezes. Jura customer service amazing

Few problems to start with but jura customer service were amazing. Replaced item within 2 days. Will see how this one goes and will update in 3 months. When it was working, as good as any coffee I've ever had and I've drank coffee all over the world. Show details ·  3
Anthony B.Perth, WA3 posts

Excellent coffee machine

Very good coffee machine that makes great coffee. It takes a few goes at getting your coffee settings and requirements right. This machine allows you to take control of exactly how you want your coffee with an easy use touch screen with loads of scope for adjustments(strength, temp,quantity). My first Jura machine lasted 17 years and I hope this machine will do the same. Jura make quality machines like no other! You will not be disappointed with Jura. Show details ·  1
Susan CUK
Susan CUKMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect coffee every time!

We have had our Jura S8 for a couple of months now and enjoy our daily coffee fix even more with this fantastic machine. Each coffee is perfect every time! Show details ·  1
mario c.
mario c.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

A great coffee machine and easy to operate

The quality of the coffee produced is very good. The quality is consistent , but l find the factory setting re the temperature of the coffee is on the cooler side. Heating could be increased. Show details ·  2
John Sylvester
John Sylvester2 posts

Good coffee every time

Easy to use, quiet, just a joy to have in the kitchen. I drink 10 to 15 cups per day so I find this so convenient. You can guarantee each coffee is perfect. Show details ·  1
Paula
PaulaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

I love my new coffee machine

I love my new coffee machine. I don't have to but coffee from a Cafe any more, I can get one from home which is made exactly to my taste. Show details ·  1
Jeff Wood
Jeff Wood

Love the product. Love the Coffee

We had our Jura Impressa J5 for over ten years and used it everyday. With a clean and a service it would probably live on, but we decided to buy a new S8 glad we did, we love it. Show details ·  1

NickM

1. I am considering getting one of these machines. Can it make coffee from beans, and then make decaffeinated using pre-ground coffee? I drink normal coffee and my partner drinks decaf, so if it can do both without any cleaning and mucking around that would be great.
2. Can you adjust the tamp pressure?
3. What is the monthly cost of consumables, assuming 4 coffees per day?

NickM

Thank you for the prompt response, Anna!

Meng P.

I've noticed that the Jura S8 is sometimes listed as MPN15433 and another shop calls it MPN15228.

There must be a difference, even though they are both called the S8.

What's the difference?

Norm
Norm

Sorry No Idea

Meng P.

Thank you. I thought all S8 has the aroma grinder, but thanks for clearing that up.

Kyle H.

My S8 keeps shutting down, now it will not start again any suggestions?

I called Jura support. They are sending me a new unit. Less than a week old :/

Features

• The Jura S8 offers 15 coffee specialities to choose from, including espresso and latte macchiato.
  • A 4.3-inch high-resolution colour touchscreen makes the machine easy and enjoyable to use. There are images of the coffees on offer, along with graphics and animations of the steps involved in the coffee preparation process.
  • The foam frother is designed to make fine-textured foam that’s ideal for milk-based drinks.
  • A solid construction helps with longevity, and is aided by a metal water tank and chrome-plated cup grille.

Real-to-life feedback about the Jura S8 Coffee Machine

Happy coffee drinkers raved about their new Jura S8 coffee machine. They loved that their new machine had never given them a bad coffee. The machine even made reviewers look forward to getting out of bed, thanks to to the delicious coffee awaiting them.

A couple of reviewers noted that the milk system needs a little care and attention, in the form of daily cleaning after each use. While some found this process a little fiddly, others reported that it was quick and relatively hassle-free.

CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines