Gaggia MM Burr

4.3
MEL
MELSydney, NSW

It's true - I can't live without it

I have had mine for about 20 years and love it. It has always performed well but just now is not grinding. I emptied and can't see any beans stuck under the burrs. I thought maybe it was clogged but this shouldn't stop the grinding. Can anyone suggest what I can do. There is a screw to open part but I can't budge it --- help, please!! Marilyn

Purchased in September 1999.

Gaggia
Philips S.Gaggia
RussHunter Region, NSW

Unbeatable

I have had my Gaggia MM Burr grinder for about 20 years and have used it every day. I had to adjust the grind to make it finer by screwing the adjustment past it's stop, but this had no impact on the machine. My Atomic stove-top requires a fine grind in order to froth sufficiently. It has never (!!!) failed me. The only time it clogged was when I overfilled the bowl with ground coffee (ie. never). I would definitely buy it again and highly recommend it to anyone else. It has worked out at about 11c per coffee.... Can't complain about that!

Gaggia
Philips S.Gaggia

Hi Russ, thank you for your valuable feedback, we're glad to hear you are so pleased with our product. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Russ

Damn, my maths is rubbish, make that 1.1c per cup. Wish I could edit the review.....

caity2606
caity2606VIC, 3144

Good

OK

I've had this grinder for about five years - it's a proper burr grinder, which can be adjusted to get the grind just right. I'm particularly happy with the quality of the grinds it produces. However, if you fill the hopper the outlet gets clogged and needs to be unclogged to finish the grind. You have to keep the outlet clean to prevent a blockage from building up. It's also difficult to keep the rest of the unit clean. I damaged the bin of my grinder so grinds escape from it when I'm grinding only adding to the mess (but that's my fault).

Great grinding but messy.
Adjustment allows for perfect grinding
Gets clogged, difficult to keep clean

Coffee Grinders / Roasters