GAIA Natural Baby Bamboo

GAIA Natural Baby Bamboo

I don't like the feel of them

Can't stand the feel of using these on bubs bum... I don't feel like they actually pick up any of the mess - they just move it around. Also - another company that can't seem to make their wipes come out one at a time. I just need one more wipe - I get 4. They're also VERY wet. I think that might be why they don't pick up the mess as well as others.

Purchased in June 2018 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $17.24.

The best baby wipes on the market!

These wipes are the best on the market! After having constant rashes and irritations on my sons skin, I decided to change to these bamboo wipes. I always thought some of the irritation my child got was from mainly his nappies, but since changing to these wipes ive realised the wipes I was using played a big part in the rashes. Since switching to Gaia bamboo wipes I’ve had no problems with my child’s skin. They are hands down the best wipes on the market!

Purchased in January 2017 at Chemist Warehouse for $5.00.

Gave baby nappy rash

Bought a bulk pack when they were on special thinking I'd give them a try. Gave my baby terrible nappy rash, used 3 packs before I realised what it was causing the rash. Also smaller and drier than other wipes I have used. Not to mention they come out of the packaging in a big string instead of one at a time.

Don't buy these wipes

I brought these wipes as the packet stated that they were suitable for sensitive skin. After one use my baby's bottom was inflamed, not thinking I used them again and the result was a screaming baby and a very sore bottom.
I wished I read independent reviews prior to buying them.

Causes rash

Decided to try these as they were on special. So bought a bulk pack. Also liked that it mentioned natural and organic. Unfortunately within a couple of days of using it our baby started to develop a red and inflamed rash. So we switched back to our usual Baby U Goats Milk wipes and the rash soon disappeared.

I like them

Have to say i am quite surprised to read all the bad reviews!

My son had skin issues as a baby and I ended up trying all sorts of wipes and these ended up being my favourite.

I still carry them in my bag for my 3 year old for face/hand cleaning on the go and will use them for my newborn.

Poor packaging

These wipes smell nice and do the job fine. Problem is with the packaging. There's no way to take just one wipe out at a time due to the way they've folded them together, or some other problem. This is an issue when you only need one wipe, but five come out, and being wet wipes you can't really just leave the extra ones lying around or else they will dry out. Other manufacturers seem to get this basic concept right, why can't you gaia?

Disappointed

I use all Gaia products on Bub except for the wipes they were horrible and dry ! I couldn't wipe babies bum without scrubbing it to get it clean. Currently using Kmart Baby Solutions as they were a gift and I'm loving them!!! Also tried dymples from bigw also not bad

Misleading natural marketing

We bought these due to their supposed organic, natural qualities but like other posters here were disappointed to find out that they actually contain the nastiest chemicals, cocamidopropyl betaine among others. They also caused our baby a rash as soon as they were used. Really not so natural - avoid!

Like the idea, but annoying packaging

I like the idea of these and bought them because they seemed more environmentally friendly, but the packaging is terrible. I can't seem to get just one wipe at a time, I always get about 4 or 5 come out at once, and it's very fiddly. Not ideal at 1am with a wiggling infant. Other brands seem to get this fairly basic thing right so I don't get why it's such a challenge for Gaia. They do the job otherwise, but I'll probably be trying other brands once the packs I have bought run out.

Not amazing but good

When our child was born we initially used cotton wool & water but needed something for messier occasions. We found these at the chemist and bought a few multi packs. They are gentle on skin, don't have a fragrance & are biodegradable which I like. They are a little on the thin side though. I do also wish I could but them from the supermarket.

very disapointed

i have been using these on my baby for a while and wanted something affordable and safe but i was fooled by the packaging stating they are paraben free alcohol free blah blah but they have more chemicals than most baby wipes on the market, so to say the least im really disappointed at the 'natural' marketing on this product

Disappointed

I loved the idea of these and I am willing to pay more for quality. However, within a day of using these on my baby she developed a bad rash on her bottom. After a process of elimation to figure out what might have caused it, when we switched to a cotton cloth with water, the rash finally started to ease and clear up. I was using Johnsons Unscented wipes before trying Gaia and didn't have this problem.

I figured its ok I'll use the wipes on myself as my skin wouldnt be as sensitive. However, once I used it on a part of my body that was not my hands, it caused a burning sensation on my skin. It was still burning a few minutes later and finally got a cotton cloth with water to clean it off. My skin was a bit red for about half an hour after that.

As for the product itself, the wipes are quite soft, which I did like, but they tend to stick together and found I always pulled multiple out of the packet at a time.

Caused severe dermatitis

It wasn't until I saw a report on the news about baby wipes causing dermatitis that it finally clicked what was causing my severe dermatitis on my fingers. This is after having spent over $300 on chemist products and another $225 on a whole-house water filter, thinking it must have been Adelaide's crappy tap water causing it, while I've been desperately trying to clear up this awful condition. My fingers have been splitting open and bleeding for months.

The news articles all point to an ingredient Gaia wipes supposedly don't contain (methylisothiazolinone), however I find it far too much of a coincidence that I have never ever had such an adverse reaction to any product containing even harsher chemicals (I've left bleach on my skin by accident before and it didn't cause the damage these wipes have) yet the symptoms and appearance of my hands are exactly the same as the reactions other mums have had from the other wipes containing the nasty ingredient.

I used them on my face to take make up off as well, thinking I was using a good quality wipe, and my whole face swelled up like a balloon, with a bumpy rash the entire way down my neck - again I put it down to external factors and cut out a ridiculous number of foods trying to work out what was causing these reactions, because the intolerance of these wipes took until my son was 5 months old for it to show up so badly.

When I stopped using them, my fingers finally started healing.

On top of that, when you go to pull out 1 wipe, 3 more follow. I emailed Gaia months ago and they insisted they had changed the way they are folded together now - nothing has changed. I reeks of an attempt to get you to go through more wipes than you need, to me.

I have absolutely no trust in Gaia anymore and will be binning all of my Gaia products.

Happy with the switch to bamboo

I'm trying to be more considerate of the environment so decided to try bamboo wipes because they have much less of an environmental impact than cotton. The wipes stick together a bit but it's not too difficult just to get out one at a time and they do the job fine. I'm happy with the packaging as well. They're quite a bit more expensive than the generic grocery store brands and not as thick, but I've decided I'm willing to accept that for a more eco friendly product.

Fantastic packaging and well packaged wipes

The best packaging that I found in the market, easy to open and close the packet and when taking wipes out only one is pulled out at a time. They feel very soft and thin, and stay moist; however after using the whole packet my baby started developing a slight rash/reaction to the wipes. They do have a pleasant scent.
Fantastic packaging
Not as gentle on baby skin as some other products in the market

Gentle on skin but poor packaging

I got these wipes because they are made of bamboo and have minimal chemicals. They are gentle on baby's skin but it is often difficult to take just one wipe out at a time. The wipes tend to come out as a huge clump, and makes change time tricky when trying to hold on to a wriggly baby with one hand! Also, I find that my fingertips start cracking and peeling after handling them several times a day. (No visible effect on baby's skin though.) I use the Curash wipes now and my fingers have stopped peeling.
Made from bamboo, biodegradable and free from nasty chemicals
Poor packaging, causes the skin of my fingertips to crack and peel

Ok wipes but bad packaging

I bought the Gaia bamboo wipes because I wanted to use a product with as minimal chemicals as possible. The wipes themselves are fine and do the job but the packaging lets them down. You can't get just one wipe out without a whole wad coming out at the same time. Not very handy when trying to get wipes with one hand! Because of this issue I won't be buying them again.
Natural product.
Poor packaging.

Not bad..not great

I picked up a pack of these on sale at the local discount pharmacy after seeing good reviews. I use the baby bath and shampoo and love them so I was keen to try these. i found them a little fiddly to get out of the pack and thought they were a bit on the thin side. Loved that they are bamboo and natural but needed alot to clean poo explosions compared to the usual brand I buy (Coles thick fragrance free). I didn't buy a second pack but if you have a baby with skin that is extra sensitive I would give them a try.
Natural, bamboo
thin, need too many

Great foe childs skin and good for the environment

We like these wipes as they are gentle on the skin and made of bamboo. The packaging could be better and often clumps of wipes come out instead of one. The opening needs to be more rigid, this may solve some of these issues. Will continue to use however given they are made from bambo and contain good ingredients.
Gentle on skin, made of bamboo
Packaging could be better