2.9

• Safety
sandra davis

sandra davisPerth, WA

It never started - the chord broke and when I fixed it still wouldn't start.

Chord broke on the first pull. I wasted time fixing it, re-read the instructions twice but I could not get it to work at all. Tried time and again to contact Aldi and got nowhere. What a waste of time and money.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for $99.00.

cheap and does the job

the chain lube is way too much from factory but you can just adjust the screw so less comes out. really powerful and in my experience starts within 3 pulls

Purchased in March 2020 for $149.00.

Gutsy unit .....so far so good

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi Carnegie for $150.00.

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020) compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Wow - how dodgy

fuel priming problem - The priming pump seems to pressurise the fuel tank no problem but absolutely no fuel to the carby. And the chain lube leaks oil everywhere! Cant get a service shop to even look at it.

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI.

Rocko Wallaby

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Useless product, and forget any warranty claim!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sandy

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Fabulous Buy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Plenty of power starts easy

Gor my 53cc aldi chainsaw for $100... was on the clearance rack to start it i dont listen to the instructions i turn the ignition switch off give it 2 pulls with the choke on then turn ignition switch on with no choke & it starts easy although the bar is 16 inch ive been cutting hardwood logs up 20 inch thick wirh no problems the stated 2.2kw of power isnt to be laughed at anyway so far so good

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sully62

Sully62

Chain will not tighten

Started my chainsaw up on Saturday no problem, eventually chain loosened, read the instructions how to tighten, unlocked it but the dial won't turn to tighten or to loosen, cane home very disappointed. Anyone any ideas ??? Struggled for ages trying to tighten it. Will have to buy firewood now. Wife not impress.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Greybeard

GreybeardUpper Coomera, Qld

A great Chainsaw

Although I have only have had my ALDI Gardenline 53 cc Chainsaw for a few weeks I have found it to be a great piece of equipment, but must admit the spark plug connection is badly designed, while checking the spark plug gap the clip came off with the rubber boot, could be the problem why some don't start, a new clip fixed the problem.

Petrol Chainsaws

klr_rider1

klr_rider1Canberra

Aldi Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw

I bought this chainsaw for $A149. I tried unsuccessfully to start it for 4 days. I even changed the sparkplug. I also tried Start ya aerosol spray.The Manual contradicts itself on the starting procedure. The Manual does not provide information on options to replace the Chinese sparkplug, After 4 days, I returned it to Aldi and received a full refund. With my refund, I bought a Stihl Mini Boss MS 170 chainsaw which does start.

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Garry Fahnle

Garry Fahnleasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Hello I bought a gardenline chain saw 2 years ago and I only used it 2 times. I tried to start it to cut some trees down but it will not start. I have changed petrol and spark plug use start fluid and still it will not start. Where do I take it to get repaired? I took it to mowers galore and they would not even look at it. Please tell me what to do I don’t know what is wrong with it and don’t know who will look at it. I just like it to work. Garry

Chainsaw user

Google how to tune a chainsaw

John R. M.

John R. M.asked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I purchased an Aldi chainsaw 2020, I cannot start the machine as I do not have the strength to start the unit. It has kicked back and thrown me on a couple of attempts to start the saw.
How can I fix this saw so I can fix it for me to be able to start instead of waiting for stronger people to start it.

Chainsaw user

Either return it or buy an “estart” module from eBay

See all ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020) questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol Chainsaws
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cutting
Bar Length41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain Tensioning
Engine Displacement53 cc