Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Classic, Music

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now

• Battery Life

Just bought Vivoactive 3 - white with rose gold

I've only had my Vivoactive 3 for 3 weeks, though I'm wishing I bought it earlier.
Being my first smart watch, it's hard to compare, though I'm enjoying the look of it, functionality (particularly the sleep tracking) and all for a great price on sale.

The only issue I've had is that it disconnects from my Garmin App about once every day or two, which I need to shut down and restart both phone and watch to get them re-connected. I charge every 4-5 days, once it gets below 20% - as I'd hate for it to go flat during the day.

Altogether a great watch and it can be worn from the beach to work without a worry.

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$250.00.

DimplesDimples

Does the job, great battery life

Purchased in January 2020.

BAD battery life

I purchased vivoactive 3 last year. Battery life has been fine until Garmin app went down for maintenance for over a week. Since then I have to charge my battery twice a day. It is not reading my sleep patterns either they have been really wired since battery trouble. I like the watch but it is really frustrating me charging it so frequently. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivoactive 3 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Cracked Screen in 2 Days, Customer Service Not Responsive

Watch face cracked within first 2 days of receipt. Contacted Garmin, quick to tell me not covered by warranty and provided no other assistance. Still waiting on a response from Garmin. Received response and they are replacing watch.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$200.00.

scant

scantCanberra 2600, ACT

Poor customer support, ripped off for parts

The watch band keeper broke after 14 months - $5 to replace - fair enough - $10 postage and no pick up option! Prefer genuine parts but no wonder people end up buying copies.

Purchased in May 2019.

very good watch!

never had a bad experience, all features work well and reliable. had for over 2 years, found garmin also very helpful, easy to connect to phone and costume watch faces and Bluetooth is good

Purchased in December 2017 at rebel sport for A$350.00.

Very Poor Garmin Vivoactive 3 and Poor Customer Support

Purchased in February 2018 at Amazon.

Unsatisfied

UnsatisfiedPerth, WA

Regrettable Purchase

I bought the vivoactive 3 watch in august 2019. Today it was 100% charged at midday, then battery was already dead at 5am when i woke up. Does not last long! Regrettable purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$498.00.

Battery Life

Very good, but batery life is no good

I have using my vivoactive3 since 2017 and it never presents problems. Very good watch. But on February 2020 the battery life became very short, and i need to charge it twice a day. I told with support three times but the problem does not solved. Support suggested me send the watch to PROPARTS so change the watch, but i have no guarantee that this will be free of financial costs. Does anybody have a same problem?

Purchased at Amazon for A$300.00.

Alpha Bravo

Alpha BravoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't Synch with my phone - very frustrating!

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$269.00.

Tigerben

TigerbenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for general use, but issues once you scratch the surface

Purchased in February 2018 for A$380.00.

Battery Life

A watch, a fitness tracker, plus more!

Haven't worn a watch in 10 years, but was after a GPS fitness tracker. Looks like a watch, week long battery (if lazy), and basic smarts & notifications, including tap-&-pay. No issue with build quality, I work with chainsaws and other machinery and was concerned of damage, nearly a year on not a scratch! Despite it's water resistant rating, I don't shower with it on, it's usually dusty and dirty under the band after work, plus it allows me to charge it.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$313.00.

LisaM

LisaMSydney, NSW

Good device, easy to use

Set up was very fast and easy. More accurate the. The Fitbits I used to use. Heart rate more accurate, more exercises and can customise more. Battery life is about the same.

Purchased in December 2019 at Rebel Sport for A$249.00.

Dmitry

DmitrySydney

BATTERY LIFE

This could be a great watch. Sadly, charging it TWICE A DAY made it merely an annoyance. I spent my time tweaking settings, to no avail. And with every firmware update the settings became worse.

There are some glitches like the watch hangs when connecting it to USB cable, solved by a reboot, but the battery life is the worst concern.

Alli_Oliver

Alli_OliverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy for the most part

Purchased in November 2019 at Rebel Sport for A$250.00.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Clunky, not much better than my older 235 but not as good as Samsung

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport for A$450.00.

SMK

SMKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Solid watch you can wear 24/7

I have owned this watch for 3 months.

Comfort: Very comfortable. The strap is flexible. Aesthetically it does not look like a smart watch.

Battery:I wear this 24/7 and workout around 5 times a week. I need to chanrge my watch once a week.

Tracking: I track my Crossfit workouts. I have really gotten the most out of accurately monitoring my HR during WOD’s. This watch tracks running, rowing and walking really well.

Other pros: Apple pay, step count and phone notifications have all been featured i have found helpful

Purchased in June 2019 at Catch for A$338.95.

yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl

Great for me

Purchased in November 2017 at Garmin for A$429.00.

Mutasim S.

Mutasim S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Started out great...

After 4 months of happy use, the GPS on my vivoactive became permanently temperamental. Takes up to 10 minutes to find GPS, incorrect distance data, just a faulty GPS unit.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hifi Home for A$400.00.

Ben

BenIllawarra, NSW

It was great... But battery and support suck

Watch works well at first...but battery life doesn't last long before going down hill.. updates in the middle of the day delete your steps for no reason. Turn off updates and it'll turn them back on and mess with your battery life.. really not happy with product..I came from 5 fitbit devices now that's another brand I won't ever purchase again

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$400.00.