Garmin Vivoactive 3

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Music, Classic

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Battery Life

LisaM

LisaMSydney, NSW

Good device, easy to use

Set up was very fast and easy. More accurate the. The Fitbits I used to use. Heart rate more accurate, more exercises and can customise more. Battery life is about the same.

Purchased in December 2019 at Rebel Sport for $249.00.

Dmitry

DmitrySydney

BATTERY LIFE

This could be a great watch. Sadly, charging it TWICE A DAY made it merely an annoyance. I spent my time tweaking settings, to no avail. And with every firmware update the settings became worse.

There are some glitches like the watch hangs when connecting it to USB cable, solved by a reboot, but the battery life is the worst concern.

Alli_Oliver

Alli_OliverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy for the most part

Purchased in November 2019 at Rebel Sport for $250.00.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Clunky, not much better than my older 235 but not as good as Samsung

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport for $450.00.

SMK

SMKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Solid watch you can wear 24/7

I have owned this watch for 3 months.

Comfort: Very comfortable. The strap is flexible. Aesthetically it does not look like a smart watch.

Battery:I wear this 24/7 and workout around 5 times a week. I need to chanrge my watch once a week.

Tracking: I track my Crossfit workouts. I have really gotten the most out of accurately monitoring my HR during WOD’s. This watch tracks running, rowing and walking really well.

Other pros: Apple pay, step count and phone notifications have all been featured i have found helpful

Purchased in June 2019 at Catch for $338.95.

yankeesgirl

yankeesgirl

Great for me

Purchased in November 2017 at Garmin for $429.00.

Mutasim S.

Mutasim S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Started out great...

After 4 months of happy use, the GPS on my vivoactive became permanently temperamental. Takes up to 10 minutes to find GPS, incorrect distance data, just a faulty GPS unit.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $400.00.

Ben

BenIllawarra, NSW

It was great... But battery and support suck

Watch works well at first...but battery life doesn't last long before going down hill.. updates in the middle of the day delete your steps for no reason. Turn off updates and it'll turn them back on and mess with your battery life.. really not happy with product..I came from 5 fitbit devices now that's another brand I won't ever purchase again

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $400.00.

cws

cwsThe Mallee, VIC

Perfect running companion

I love the understated design of the watch, it look like a normal watch and not a training watch. You can easily change the wrist strap to match different occasions. GPS tracking is excellent.
The only negatives are that battery life could be better and sleep tracking is not always accurate.
Make sure to update your watch with the latest software to fix a lot of issues.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $359.20.

Alr

Alr

Too many technical issues

I am really disappointed in this watch.
The Bluetooth connection Barely worked with my phone.
It doesn’t play music underwater.
The distance when I’m swimming in REALLY not accurate or doesn’t work at all.
I have it since only two months and the step tracker stopped working.
Everytime I contact customer service, their solution is to update.
I always update. Still having constant issue.
I really don’t recommend spending that much money in something that works half of the time.

Purchased in March 2019 for $400.00.

Works great

Works to average standard.
Doesn’t talk or sync as well as I expected with an iPhone (apple health)
Like the “move” feature as it gets me up to remove the bars on my step count. Heart rate is great too

Purchased in March 2019.

Tania

TaniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vivo va-voom

I recently purchased a vivoactive watch which replaced my Tom-Tom. I am continuously impressed with the level of functions and accuracy Garmin have imported into this watch. I’ve never looked back, the rose gold also adds a feminine element

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $480.00.

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better than a fit bit Versa

Went from fitbit versa to Garmin vivoactive 3 music.
Won't look back from switching over.
Notifications from my phone come through promptly compared to the Versa.
More on screen workouts and tracking activities. Battery last between 2-3days depending on how often the gps is used.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $399.00.

Smartish

SmartishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware!

I was given the Vivoactive 3 Music as a birthday present following much research and deliberation. I chose the music as all of the marketing and advertising states that your Apple playlists can be simply dragged across! Beware. This is not the case. Your Apple playlist cannot be used!! The option to use Spotify may console, however, that's also not possible. Garmin fail to respond to any contact with a solution.
I'd go buy an Apple Watch!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Janelle

JanelleQueensland

Easy to use!

Good, easy to use fitness tracker/watch. Love the gps tracking. The battery life is great only need to charge once a week (this is after using the gps for 30-60min/4 times a week). I find that the charger connection isn’t as snug as it should be, it often falls out if moved the bit slightest when charging.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Tom

TomMelbourne

Good all rounder

I do love my Garmin although sometimes i do wish I'd bought the Apple watch just because it would be handy to have music and be able to make calls from the watch sometimes. Nevertheless i have the Vivoactive 3 and it really is a good watch for people who a do a bit of a fitness but also just want a good smart watch. Interface isnt as nice as the Apple i dont think, although the fitness tacking is better. Sometimes disconnects from phone so you dont receive notifications but not a deal breaker. Dont really use the Garmin Pay as Apple pay on the phone is easier. I would probably buy the Vivoactive 3 with the music storage over a non-cellular Apple Watch but the Cellular Apple watch trumps all the Garmins i think.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

DAQ

DAQMount Eliza

Bad experience

Had my Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas, only wore for 9 days and noticed the screen had cracked!! Don't know how it happened either but don't remember knocking it. Garmin could not/would not replace the glass screen and said the damage was not covered by warranty, offered a complete replacement for $185, but after 9 days wear!! Not happy!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Jontym

JontymAdelaide

Nice watch but had problems with heart rate monitoring and GPS

I chose this watch because I liked the style, features and the fact the screen stayed on the whole time. The battery life is excellent and the watch itself is easy to use. Garmin Pay is a nice feature because there is no need to carry physical cards around. For me the main negatives were that it frequently stopped recording heart rate data and often did not track distance accurately (for known course lengths). The Garmin Connect website/app are not as easy to navigate as Fitbit. In the end I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Fitbit Ionic.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

day man

day manAU

Have the music version and it is amazing

I upgraded from the Vivoactive HR to this and the differences are immense. This has memory built in to store music so I no longer need to bring my phone with me to the gym or when I run. The activity tracking is vastly improved now as it can automatically detect reps when doing weights.

I use this with a chest heart rate monitor as the inbuilt one is not great during activity especially if you sweat a lot. It makes it hard to get a reading.

Only downside for me is the contactless payment option only has a handful of banks signed up, none of which I am with.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Bluetooth connection useless.

I have had my Vivoactive 3 for around 6 months and would not recommend this watch to anyone. The waterproofing is great as are all of the features except the Bluetooth connection (the most important). If i have my phone in my pocket and my watch on my wrist my watch keeps connecting and disconnecting causing the battery to go flat in 2 days. Annoying poor feature and should be better as this is one of the most important features on the watch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018