Garmin Vivomove HR

Garmin Vivomove HR

Sport, Premium

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smart wearable can be both exciting and overwhelming. Whether you're new to the world of smart wearables, or you already know your top priority is finding a waterproof smart watch or cheap fitness tracker, read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now

3.5

• Battery Life

Ash

AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An awesome entry level smartwatch - sadly rose gold band is fading

Purchased in January 2020 at Rebel Sport Online store for A$240.00.

Shannon

ShannonRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Watch is great, silicone band not so great

Purchased in February 2020.

Kev HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smart watch for Analogue watch lovers.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for A$256.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivomove HR compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Daniel Ruben

Daniel RubenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Packs too much into too little space

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for A$248.85.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Tries To Be A Bit Too Smart

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$280.00.

Lizzy

LizzyMurray Region, NSW

No GPS, not even an app option to GPS track walks.

Purchased in April 2019 at Garmin for A$499.00.

Sue1181

Sue1181Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love Love Love the Watch... till it froze

I've had my watch 4 months (nearly) today it froze and won't respond.. can't connect by bluetooth.. Can't do a hard reset as no digital display... but the time is correct .. I guess that's one thing.

Disappointed that as much as this watch looks good the digital display has already died.. it buzzes me for an alarm I haven't set at all times of the day..

Apart from this a nice looking watch that received lots of comments - I've now returned for a replacement under warranty... I'm hoping and praying the next one lasts a bit longer... expensive watch so expected more.

Purchased in January 2020 at Ryda.com Online store for A$274.00.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

A good fitness tracker that looks like a nice watch not a horrible style-less block

Purchased in January 2019 at Rebel Sport for A$239.00.

Katie

KatieSouthwest, VIC

No GPS Tracking

I bought this watch without realising it had no GPS tracking included. The distances it measures are way out of whack and it over measures the distance you have actually done since it has no GPS to talk to. Garmin need to include this watch in one of their GPS tracking apps as this model is currently unsupported on their tracking apps. Seriously disappointed for the price of the watch.

Purchased in April 2020 at Garmin for A$450.00.

JSB

JSBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great watch for basic training/tracking

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$255.00.

Rob

Rob

Nice looking watch.

Nice looking watch but digital screen very small and hard to read. If battery goes flat then the Time can only be set through WiFi not just on mobile phone.

Purchased in November 2019.

Darciejo

DarciejoHunter Region, NSW

In love

I have been searching for Smart watch for so long and tried so many varieties and nothing up until I found this one could provide me with all the essential criteria I was wanting and that looked great.

Purchased for A$499.00.

Shellby

ShellbyMid North Coast, NSW

Love my new watch with smart features

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$279.00.

Vichris

VichrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money!

Initially I absolutely loved my watch, love the look and it did exactly as advertised. However a year later, it now doesn't sync properly to other apps, it constantly vibrates step alerts on my wrist that are not the number of steps I have walked and will just keep vibrating. I'm extremely disappointed as I thought it should last longer than a year. To make matters worse I have tried all the trouble shooting and sent an email to garmin for support to see if there is an easy fix but am yet to hear anything! Will never buy this brand again

Purchased in March 2018.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Garmin

In love with my garmin! Has everything I need to track for my day. And the app is simple to use with it. Also looks great and stylish. Highly recommend

Purchased at Rebel Sport.

Consistently inconsistent

Purchased in November 2018 at Johnny Appleseed GPS Online store.

Cheriel D.

Cheriel D.Northeast, VIC

Love one my friends have one

I know people and freinds that have one. I really like one. Make my life easy. I can leave my phone in my bag. May help with finding street when in melbourne

Hayley_Waldron

Hayley_WaldronNorth Queensland, QLD

Stylish smart watch

I love that the vívomove HR looks like a regular watch and with just a simple tap on the screen brings up digital display! My only issue with the vivomove HR is it’s battery life! I have had it for over 12 months now and am finding the battery will only last 4-5 days where it originally held its battery life for 7 days plus.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$399.00.

Tracy C.

Tracy C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love my Vivomove!!!

I have so many comments on my watch and when I tell people that it’s a tracker they are very surprised I have white and rose gold and I love love love it! All my family husband and 3 sports mad boys all love them as they look great but have a secret !

Purchased in April 2017 at Rebel Sport.

dior2009

dior2009Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dont bother

Bought this watch because it looked like a watch with some smart features. Unfortunately the watch side of it fails miserably. The hands are often showing the wrong time, 4-5 times per week. You have to re-calibrate the hands to show the correct time. It's ridiculous. None of the suggestions from Garmin customer service have worked. If you google Garmin Vivomove HR calibration you will see this is a common issue that Garmin have not addressed with software upgrades. I bought the premium model so I've wasted over $400

Purchased in January 2019 for A$425.00.

Heather D.

Heather D.asked

Vivomove HR

Have been using my Vivomove HR for last 2.5yrs without a problem. This last week the stairs counter has gone crazy! I usually do average 15 stairs on my usual daily walks this has now jumped to 65-75 per day which is incorrect as I'm doing the same routes. I read reviews and FaQs and can't see anything like this. I have been thinking of doing a factory reset. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kev H

Hi Heather, Sorry but I haven't any suggestions as to the cause of this problem. Doing a factory reset would be worth a try. If this doesn't fix the problem, I would guess that there is a sensor problem. I would suggest that you contact Garmin, customer support & see if they can help. Here is a link https://support.garmin.com/en-AU/

Cherylasked

Vivomove HR

Is this watch compatible with Samsung S20 smart phone. I can't get it to vomplete pairing.

Kev H

As far as I know it is compatible with the S20. I have a Note 10+ & it works perfectly on the latest android OS 10 & One UI. I could only suggest that you check that you have the latest version of Garmin Connect. If the update is not successful, you could try uninstalling Garmin Connect & reinstalling it as this has worked for me in the past with other apps. Hope this helps.

Cheryl

Thanks for the reply. Gave vern through all these points before posting. S20 finds the watch, begins pairing, but never completes pairing. Message says "pairing failed. Can't find a solution.

Darryl N.

Darryl N.asked

Vivomove HR

I have had this watch for 2 months and as my technical needs are not great I have been happy with its nuances except for sleep. When the watch is on charge or even if I am sitting on the lounge reading, watching TV or checking in on my tablet the watch will often show this down time as being asleep. As I have sleep issues I find this a problem. Has anyone seen similar and is there way to correct it?