Garmin Vivosmart HR

Garmin Vivosmart HR

MPNs: 36506590, 36506591 and 36506592
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Garmin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Battery Life
Michael C.
Michael C.North Queensland, QLD

Just Rubbish

Pete
Pete

I would not buy this again

The band broke. The screws heads stripped and when forced the plastic body broke. I then fitted a silicone band that fitted around the watch. Now the battery is dead and I have bought bands that I cannot use.

Purchased in September 2017 for $170.00.

mars0903
mars0903South-Eastern Region, NSW

Watch Very Good- Band and construction Hopeless

As a watch it was very good. Data monitoring on a Smartwatch is great.
But the Band is definitely designed to make the watch useless.
Changing the band with the small screws is a nightmare.
After replacing the band a few times the screw holes get larger and eventually the body breaks so a band can't be fitted to the watch.
This should be a replace at no charge or moderate upgrade charge.
This product should never have made it to the market.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivosmart HR compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Problems with the Watch Band

This product was discontinued for a reason. The screws are too small so the band pulls away from the screws. The first time this happened Garmin offered a replacement free. The second time they refused. On closer examination, I noticed the area where the screw seats has chipped off so it is impossible to replace the band. It is very disappointing that Garmin will not offer some good will towards a replacement for this product. It does not speak well for their customer relations.

Purchased in September 2017 for $200.00.

Chris carroll
Chris carrollCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

2nd Replacement watch.

I am returning my 2nd garmin watch vivosmartHr because the band broke. I am disappointed with this product as it didnt even last for 2years. I needed to pay for upgrade 1st time due to lack of replacement of original model Vivosmart. I am one very unhappy customer. I have a relative who has just organised a replacement for same problem.

Purchased in December 2017.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women

Super disappointed

I love my Garmin but the band broke after 8 months and Garmin can't fix it. They can only offer me a refurbished replacement for $60 less than the price of a new watch! So I have a perfectly functioning watch that I'll have to throw away for the lack of a replaceable brand. Very poor sustainability, very poor design and very poor customer service Garmin.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

OK but not as great as its made out to be

At first I thought this was a great product, I have never owned any other tracking device so I have nothing to compare it against, so I believe what it tells me. However as time has gone on the info stored on my watch does not transfer onto the app - either not at all or it is very inaccurate with dates, times & activity.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
BJK
BJK

Not great but not bad

Pros- long battery life
Accurate step counting

Cons: strap broke and difficult to replace
Heart rate monitor often innacurate
Stair counter rarely correct
Unable to change skin colour like you can with Fitbit
It often thought I was asleep when I was just sitting on the couch
I had to disable the reminder to move as it was distracting in meetings

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Mary	Falconer
Mary FalconerRedondo Beach

Good

I had a Fitbit previously and I gave up on it once the button console fell apart for a 2nd time. I decided to go with Garmin as I figured it would be better quality and tracking but I'm not convinced. It will only require charging after a week and i love how little notification pops up for me once synched with my smartphone.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

K.V.K
K.V.KFremantle

This was my first foray to step counting

As i do not have anything else to compare with i took to the Vivosmart HR happily. After weeks playing with the HR monitor, i find it not as accurate as I'd like and turning it off saves a battery. It will only require charging after a week and i love how little notification pops up for me once synched with my smartphone.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
NicP
NicPPerth

Not impressed

Date PurchasedNov 2017
HRM74
HRM74Tasmania, 7051

Good entry level for step counting and heart rate

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Harlee
HarleeGreenbushes

I love it

After I looked at alot of the smart watches around I decided on the garmin the guy at the shop said it was great and he was right I have enjoyed mine everyday, the battery is amazing lasts longer then expected and the functions are all good I like that I can track my sleep and know when i receive phone calls and messages.
All round wonderful product.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Ann
Ann

Do Not Buy Vivosmart HR - I am throwing mine in the bin after the band broke in less than 12 months

Not covered by warranty. I took it off to shower and swim, and yet it fell apart. Useless without the band and replacement is 60% of new price. I am spending my money on an Apple watch and throwing this in to the garbage. Even though the Garmin site says they offer call or online chat, you can't actually talk to anyone or even online chat in Australia because their site doesn't have the option and you just go around in circles wasting time. I would give this zero stars if that was possible - a company that actually holds their customers in contempt - good luck making that work in the long term.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Bernie
BernieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Good but bulky

The Garmin Vivosmart HR+ whilst having many valuable features is somewhat bulky and unattractive. Very good GPS for tracking distance and pace as well as heart rate monitor which i found very useful. I receive notification of phone calls, text messages when i have achieved goals for the day such as steps, stairs climbed etc.

Date PurchasedJune 2017