Garnier Body Summer

Garnier Body Summer

3.0

Rash on neck

I started developing a rash on my neck it was itchy, dry, bumpy felt like i had blisters, ive never had a reaction to anything before, It was defo the garnier summer body that did it! And after still applying E45 cream to it its still dry after 3 weeks and still have the rash! Will never use again. Do not recommend.

Purchased in July 2020 at ASOS.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes

Horrible rash

Wish I had read the reviews before using this, I also came out in a awful sore bumpy rash in the creases of my elbows and back of my knees. Really sore won't be using again. This there should be a warning for this on the bottle.

Purchased in March 2020 at Superdrug for A$4.95.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Ange

AngeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Skin reaction

I loved the tan this product gave me but unfortunately I have now had developed the same problem as a lot of other people....very itchy and angry rash on my throat and in creases of my elbow. I obviously won’t be able to carry on using it.

Purchased in May 2020.

RachelSydney, NSW

Best tanning moisturizer ever!!

I love this product. I am extremely fair and don't tan naturally so have found it hard to find a nice and natural tanning cream that doesn't look fake. This not only gives me a natural soft tan but also moisturizes which is great at 50. My Teenage son pinches it to put on his face and loves it too. You are in control of the intensity simply by using more or less. Make sure to exfoliate first and if a little too dark in one area simply give a good rub with an old towel after the shower. I have been using this for at least 2 years.

Purchased at Big W for A$5.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeDry Skin

DO NOT BUY!

On my first application I developed a severe rash on the creases of my elbows and the backs of my knees, it lasted for days, very painful, I don’t dare use it again

Purchased in April 2020 for A$7.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeNormal Skin

Do NOT use if you have sensitive skin!!!

I was happy to try this product as it states it's suitable for sensitive skin. At first i loved it as it applied nicely, and didn't smell bad, however I have come out in an awful looking, painful rash. I look after my skin so well due to it's sensitivity, i always keep my skin clean and moisturised and have never had a reaction like this from any other tanning product. Please be careful if you are thinking of using this product, and test a small patch of skin first!!

Purchased in September 2019 at Asda for A$5.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Do not use! Bad rash

I wish I had read the reviews before using this as it has given me a bad rash all over my face and chest! Will definitely not use this product again!

Purchased in December 2018.

Skin TypeCombination Skin

Austin SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Phenominally good!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$5.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeSensitive Skin
Allison

Allison

Caused a rash

Product doesn’t absorb. Was left feeling very slippery. Product caused rash everywhere it was applied - especially in the creases of my elbows and my thighs.
Went straight in the bin.

Don’t use - burns skin

I applied this to my face and body and noticed next day the skin on my eye lids felt like it was burnt. My eyes swollen and the creases in my eye lids dry and cracked. Very scary as I have never had sensitive skin to anything. I went searching to see if anyone else had similar reactions and found these similar cases. Cannot believe a product like this can be sold to public. Imagine if I had had sensitive skin!

Ouch!!!!

Have used this product before with no problem, easy to apply, lovely scent, had really good results first few times I used it. Apart from staining my white bras lol. However my most recent used caused me to break out in hot itchy rather fierce red rashes on my elbow creases and all around my neck and chest. The rashes would last around a week and would itch, sting and weep. I will not be using this product again. Please be careful! If you have the same problem go to the doctors immediately and dispose of this product!

Not to be trusted...

I have a skin that tans easily, but I thought I’d give this product a try. I am in my early fifties, so want to prevent further sun damage. It is easy to apply and I noticed an almost immediate difference. It looked lovely and natural. I used it a couple of times without any negative effects, but my most recent application caused me to break out in a red rash in both of my elbow creases. It is not itchy, but has lasted for days. I have never had a skin rash, so this was quite scary. I will never use this product again.

Patchy and orange

I bought this expecting it to be great and it was the exact opposite! It keeps getting darker, very VERY streaky and worst of all orange! Do not buy! It doesn’t rub off either so you’re going to be stuck with a patchy orange body and face! Don’t let the cheap price fool you.

Has my skin burning itchy very sore

Hi I’ve been using this product for a while now but all of a sudden since December after a few hours my skin starts to burn gets very itchy breaks out in a rash I have it since 29th of December 2017 I’ve only realized that it’s the sunkiss moisture that’s doing it as I’ve been using it for the last 2 years never done it before have use changed the ingredients in the tan

SANDRA GRAY

SANDRA GRAYAdelaide

Great product

This is the one for me, apply at night, moisturising and smells fresh and in the morning a light tan. Reapply to reach the colur desired. No orange. But with all tanners do a test patch for allergies.

Good Product

No complaints here. A realistic tan, with moisturising benefits. Smell is what you would expect from a tanner. Apply before bed, and shower in the morning and you're fine! No orange tinge (experienced with other more expensive products)

Burnt my skin

12 hrs after using this product my skin is burnt , red , sore itchy and inflamed ! Doctors on monday morning , it looks like chemical burns i unable to go out as clothes are soo iratating on my skin .i wish i read the reviews on this before as many many ppl have experienced the same reaction.I dont have sensitive skin etc and never had problems before with other products .please dont buy its DANGEROUS ! I will be taking the matter furthur i fear i will be left with permanant damage to my skin

Avoid this product

Used this product on my legs and after a few days have come out in a burning itchy rash. Read loads of other reviews from people with same problem. Stopped using it but over a week later still have the rash like others have.

great

Good stuff I used the medium to dark and it worked perfectly on my skin but after two weeks I developed a rash on my upper inner thighs so I have stopped using it for now

Not sure

I love the smell and the colour but it has given me a skin bacterial infection. Every time i apply it, i get a rash that can last days. I purchased it from priceline.

Ella W.

Ella W.asked

if i wear it to the beach and a bikini, will it come off in the sea?

Rachel

It will only come off if you rub it off hard with a towel. If you pat dry gently it should last a week easy

Susie S.

Susie S.asked

I’ve just bought this and wondered if anyone has used it in their face? And if so do you just rub it all in over your eyes and all over just like you would a moisturiser? TIA.

Madisom
Madisom

i have been using it on my face , it’s been perfectly fine so far but it does have fragrance in it and that is really bad for your skin and I jus use it like I would a moisturiserc

eve b

eve basked

i have used this and i am very orange and i want it off how can i get it off well?

Austin Smith

Scrubbing with a loofah in a hot shower will lighten it, but not remove it completely. It will fade more and more each shower you have.
Most tanning brands sell a “ tanning remover “ which can remove it in 5 minutes, but I have not used these.