Garnier Body Summer

Garnier Body Summer

See the Best Self-Tanning Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Garnier? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (12) · No (3)
  • Stains ClothesYes (1) · No (4)
  • Colour
  • Smell
  • Ease of Application
  • Coverage

Itchy skin!!!

I have absolutely no allergies, my skin is not sensitive. I have never had this with any product ever however I cannot stop itching it is driving me insane. I want to claw my skin off. Avoid!!!!!!

Rash!!

I love this self tanning lotion and after 2 applications with a shower in between it gave me a lovely colour of tan BUT.. I have woken up this morning with a massive rash all over my neck and chest area. Dry, itchy, white filled spots everywhere! May be a reaction to sweat I'm not sure but there should be a warning on the bottle! I don't have sensitive skin and usually not dry skin either but I will not buy or use again.

Purchased in for $8.

Kayla
KaylaSouth Australia

It does the job

It does the job... Sadly it smells like chemicals in a bottle. I'm not a big fan of Garnier anymore. I think they could improve their line. You are better off using coconut oil or olive oil for your skin

Colour

Left with burnt skin around neck

This product left me with burnt scaly skin , it started by going hot raised and prickly them turned into a burn with skin cracking and peeling, left with marks that won’t go away

Purchased in for $8.

Great natural results

I have used this product for years and love it. It smells nice (not like most fake tans) it goes on easy and doesn’t streak to bad. It’s better on arms and shoulders can be a little hit and miss on my lower leg but I think that’s because I have quite dry skin on my legs. It’s not to badly priced but I look out for offers that boots and Superdrug often do and buy lots. I use all year round on my arms and in the summer on my legs. I don’t use on my back or front as don’t have the time to apply but I hear it works well. I’m very pale and with this have a nice natural glow. I’ve never had a rash and my skin is sensitive.

Colour

Left with burnt skin and rash all over

Rash developed all over arms and legs the next day. They looked burnt, red raw and bumpy. Still applying cream days later and still there. Will never use this again.

Purchased in for $9.99.

Colour

Nice tan but not worth the rash!

I have been using this tan for a few days now and the results look amazing. Smells great and so much easier than applying fake tan.
The rash is not worth it, all over my chest, arms, legs and face, would not recommend use. Never had issues before with gradual tans and do not have sensitive skin.
Definitely won’t be using again

Purchased in for $9.99.

Smell

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Rash on neck

I started developing a rash on my neck it was itchy, dry, bumpy felt like i had blisters, ive never had a reaction to anything before, It was defo the garnier summer body that did it! And after still applying E45 cream to it its still dry after 3 weeks and still have the rash! Will never use again. Do not recommend.

Purchased in at ASOS.

Horrible rash

Wish I had read the reviews before using this, I also came out in a awful sore bumpy rash in the creases of my elbows and back of my knees. Really sore won't be using again. This there should be a warning for this on the bottle.

Purchased in at Superdrug for $4.95.

Ange
AngeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Skin reaction

I loved the tan this product gave me but unfortunately I have now had developed the same problem as a lot of other people....very itchy and angry rash on my throat and in creases of my elbow. I obviously won’t be able to carry on using it.

Causes Irritation Yes
Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW

Best tanning moisturizer ever!!

I love this product. I am extremely fair and don't tan naturally so have found it hard to find a nice and natural tanning cream that doesn't look fake. This not only gives me a natural soft tan but also moisturizes which is great at 50. My Teenage son pinches it to put on his face and loves it too. You are in control of the intensity simply by using more or less. Make sure to exfoliate first and if a little too dark in one area simply give a good rub with an old towel after the shower. I have been using this for at least 2 years.

Purchased at Big W for $5.

DO NOT BUY!

On my first application I developed a severe rash on the creases of my elbows and the backs of my knees, it lasted for days, very painful, I don’t dare use it again

Purchased in for $7.

Find out how Garnier Body Summer compares to other Self-Tanning Products

Do NOT use if you have sensitive skin!!!

I was happy to try this product as it states it's suitable for sensitive skin. At first i loved it as it applied nicely, and didn't smell bad, however I have come out in an awful looking, painful rash. I look after my skin so well due to it's sensitivity, i always keep my skin clean and moisturised and have never had a reaction like this from any other tanning product. Please be careful if you are thinking of using this product, and test a small patch of skin first!!

Purchased in at Asda for $5.

Do not use! Bad rash

I wish I had read the reviews before using this as it has given me a bad rash all over my face and chest! Will definitely not use this product again!

Ease of Application