Gasmate Odyssey 2

Gasmate Odyssey 2

Not good at all.

Looks great once assembled ..BUT,
Gas cylinder is stupidly had to install in it's place. Once there, it does not fit the ring, leaving it lopsided.
BOTH burners on high for 20 minutes and the temperature gauge reads 120 degrees Celsius?
Upon closer inspection, the baked enamel coating is not only uneven, but missing in quite a few spots.
Sadly returning to point of purchase...

Purchased in March 2019.

Preheating Speed
Even Heat DistributionNo

Very happy with this BBQ give it 10 out of 10

In 3 weeks that I have had this BBQ l have used it every second day very easy to clean just hit it with a steel brush and then put plate and grill in the dishwasher give it 10 out of 10

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Preheating Speed
Safety
Even Heat DistributionYes

So I am not sure about the negative reviews

Have had our bbq for a few days and have ran it each night cooking salmon fillets the first night and a lamb roast last night, How easy is this to use, I will say it will take a few more times to balance the temp for roasting. My wife is calling it a miracle as the food has come out amazing and its a joy to cook on.

We have bought the cassarol pan as well.

The assemble was simple and quick and we were cooking in no time. I cant wait to get the wok going !

I will say there is some safety precautions that I was curios about but they make sense. We bought the trolley as well and together is a great addition to our out door area.

We considered the Weber but are very happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

This is perfect BBQ, love it

Im thinking buy webber or Gasmate ..webber comment is very high rated.and Gasmate is low rated. finally i listening to my husband bought this Gasmate at Bunning ..i try cook the pork rib n pork chops no problem at all ...quick cook ...no regrets..price is cheap very happy with that.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

No heat

Bought for Christmas roast. I thought the power went out. Had to squeeze the roast in the oven as the BBQ had very little heat. Then tried again with just sausages. They took 30 minutes! That was on high. There will be a cheap BBQ on Ebay. Sad waste of money

Date PurchasedOct 2017

It's cheap rubbish

It looks cute and handy, but when I filled the plate and grid with food and put the lid down the flame went out until I realised not enough O2 to keep it burning.
Yesterday I Barbequed some sausages when the plastic which holds the support screws MELTED and the main Barbequed body fell down. Both very dangerous faults .

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great BBQ for on the Go

We bought this BBQ specifically to use as one that we could throw in the back of the car and take anywhere with us and it has been perfect for that so far. It is not a top of the line cook a family meal at home BBQ and shouldn't be for the price but if you are not expecting that it is great.

We bought it on the way to the beach and assembled on the beach which was nice and easy and simple. Have used it multiple times on the beach and in the park with never an issue with food quality, cooking time or the product not functioning as expected.

Is exactly what we were looking for, for a small portable on the go BBQ. Would definitely recommend for this purpose.

Fantastic bbq

Purchased our gasmate odyssey 2, then read reviews, all negative. Sorry don't understand why! It has been great for bbqing and worked great for xmas roast. Kept consistant low heat for long slow roast. Easy clean, heats up quick and easy to adjust heat settings. Looks great in the red.

Fantastic product.

Just got my Gasmate Oddyssey 2t. Been using it for a week is fantastic. Cannot understand negative reviews. Are the people Weber stooges or Zeigler and Brown sales reps. Gasmate is made inTaiwan which always means to me Quality. Zeigler made Where? Gademate work really well quality great couldn't be happier. Phil Angas Plains SA

Don't buy a Gasmate Odyssey 2 BBQ

My first impressions were good. We were upsold this BBQ buy the sales person at bunnings. Our other option was a Webber Q.
Problems started from the unboxing, part missing. So another trip to bunnings to get the missing part.
Instructions supplied are terrible. Poorly written and it alread includes a loose page as that step was missing from the original instructions.
Finally assembled so I grabed my 'Swap & Go' gas bottle that I also purchased from Bunnings and the bottle fitment was extremely tight. It appears that not all gas bottles are made with the same fitting size. I did call Gasmate about this issue and I personally found the service from Gasmate TERRIBLE. Not helpfull and confusing. It appears that Gasmate are now making new base plates with a larger gas bottle hole. What does that tell you.

Cooking is OK, it is slow compared to our prior BBQ.
Cleaning is a problem. Additional holes in the bottom of the BBQ allow fat to exit and go over all the items that are stored on the lower gas shelf.

Overall im very disappoint with this BBQ.
I would not recommend that you purchase.
Go with the WebberQ, I wish that I had.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

TERRIBLE, used it twice, never again.

First impressions out of the box were good. First time using within minutes I regretted my purchase.
There is a nice big hold in the bottom with a nice big drip tray, Problem was that either side of that hole there are 2 others, with no drip tray under them. The few puddles of fat and oil soon ran off the base of the BBQ and onto the table i was using it on.
The second time we used it for bacon and eggs. I will not use this a 3rd time.
I have not had an opportunity to use it with the lid down. The whole reason we bought it was due to the fact they advertise it as a "cook with lid up or down" BBQ.
The heat distribution is terrible, this is not suitable to cook with the lid open as they say on their website. Maybe just in the centre part with minimal food on the grill. With a full loaded grille (like in their website photos) you will be endlessly moving food from centre to the sides and front to back. The quarter part of the grille that can be used as a hotplate has holes around the edges so the actual space you can use for things that are runny, eg. eggs, is much smaller than the actual plate.
Good luck waiting for bacon to crisp up on it, the hotplate only has direct flame under the front part where it joins up with the grille. The far side is useless. Turn up the heat to try get the sides cooking food and the food in the centre burns.
Can not find words to express my regret with this item. Already complained to Gasmate, They wanted photos. I did make some and will be sending in the morning.
I have asked for a refund but I am not expecting one, although they should refund as this BBQ does not perform to the standard they advertise it.
I will keep this post updated with the progress I have (or dont) in dealing with Gasmate.
Before you commit to wasting your money on this item i suggest you see one in action or take note of the internals and where the flame hits the plates. Dont be fooled by their looks and nice video on the website.
As i said to the people at Gasmate, maybe it was only designed for cardboard sausages that dont leak fat, oil and juices onto the grille.
If they dont take it back there will be a free BBQ on my street front.

Date PurchasedMay 2017