I love this little bbq

I bought this to replacemy old bbq anx i love the even heat and cooking surface . It comes with an optional trolley and a few other bits and pieces or on its own

Purchased in December 2018 for $429.00.

GREAT COMPACt BBQ

We cook meats and vegetables on the Baby Q Weber and it is compact and easy to use. We have the temperature gauge which means that you can gauge the time required for cooking meats etc. I clean the BBQ after each use especially the grate. We have an aluminium cover which protects it from wind and rain and it is positioned in a sheltered area.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys.

Even Heat DistributionYes

So far, so good. Impressed.

So far, I have only cooked steak and salmon on our Baby Q. All went very well.
So far I have not cleaned it. But I will. I want to keep it clean. It looks easy to clean.
I previously had a similar product from a well-known chain of Barbecue stores; which was OK for a couple of years, but struggled to get a reasonable temperature for steaks. I cleaned it thoroughly, adjusted aeration (primary and secondary) but it became a "stewer" for ages - before I eventually threw it out.
One problem with my Baby Q: and it was due to my lack of research. I wish I had purchased a Weber with a thermometer built into the lid. Just mainly for roasts - in order to keep an eye on the temperature.
Another problem, which seems to no longer occur, was its inability to handle wind. As I say: this seems OK now.

Overall: impressed.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $350.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Easy way to cook a roast.

Have always been successful in cooking roasts (so far mainly chicken,pork and potatoes). Food is always cooked to perfection. Tastes great and cooking outside is so convenient whether hot or cold and rainy. Clean up is a breeze what with disposable trays and racks that clean up in the sink. One of the best presents I have ever received.

Purchased in June 2016.

Even Heat DistributionYes

These are ideal for a small yard and for balconies

These are ideal for a small yard and for balconies, electric is fast and reliable and very easy to clean. You can use paper towel and the drip try is easy to access and to clean

Purchased in January 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $135.00.

Perfect

I love this baby Q as it’s a space saver! It’s the perfect size for camping, day trips and a small family of 3. I’ve owned a bigger Webber Q and to downgrade to a smaller version was of no difference except the size. Still has all the features and benefits of a bigger size. Does a roast nicely like the larger bbq.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Best Purchase Ever!

My partner and I love to go camping and this makes it so easy! We can cook anything from a classic bbq, to pizza or a roast! All while enjoying g the Australian outback! I could not recommend this product more! It’s small size makes travel easy but you don’t lose on what you can cook and make!

Purchased in July 2017.

This Baby Q is perfect and I would not be without it

The Weber Baby Q was given to me for a birthday present and it cooks all sorts of foods well. Whatever you want to cook the Baby Q will cook it to perfection and it is very easy to keep this BBQ clean especially if you clean immediately after each use then all ready to for the next time you want to cook on it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $600.00.

Beautiful and compact!

From sausage sizzle to large roasts- this bbq is perfect for any type of cooking. Also compct enough to take to destinations with ease. I find that the hood however is a little difficult to clean because of the grainy texture however overall, the best bbq ever!

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

LOVE IT

Size doesn't matter with this bbq, we love it and use it daily, it's easy to use, easy to transport and fairly easy to clean. A lot of our friends have the same or a similar model, it's easier than using the pan to fry up a few sausages. Recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

VERY DISAPPOINTED

I had a larger model of Weber a size up to the Baby Q. I gave it to my son who subsequently offered me the Baby Q to replace the one I gave to him. Both are Webers and I thought the performance would be the same. Alas it was not to be so. It kept switching off at the beach and could not arrive to proper cooking temperatures for couple of steaks and sausages for two people. We tried in vain. We have returned the weber to BCF telling them that it would not perform. My commitment to the brand has not changed but my attitude towards the retailers and their warranty for product has somewhat taken a blow. First off I advised the manager at the counter that the situation was not acceptable. Even though, a pensioner, I was willing to add any amount of money to get out of this BBQ product situation and buy something else; but they kept telling me that a bbq will keep extinguishing itself at the beach. I know every well that this is not true at my age. And now they are not willing to exchange, refund or consider any kind of reparation which is absurd. The item is new, still in its packaging. Receipts are there. I am going to take this to another forum. Weber must think that we are a bunch of goats in this country. Why would Weber sell a BBQ to be used in the open if it is not going to work. Definition of BBQ: Cooking outdoors. Do I have to use this one in my garage? Be careful when you buy one. It is an appliance to be used indoors not outdoors. I don't want mine back. It is either a refund or an exchange for something else.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Gerard, thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with your Q. It sounds like there could be an issue with the regulator, as it sounds like there either isn't enough gas getting through the burners or there is too much and it's burning out (not enough oxygen). We can definitely help, so can you please either call us on 1300 301 290 with your serial number handy or email us at social@weberbbq.com.au and we can go from there. Thanks Gerard.

Could Not Love It More

We cook everything on this gem. Even pizzas and patries. Easy to clean, easy to use and amazing results! We love it! Easy to transport as well. Best purchase ever.

Purchased in August 2017 for $500.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Baby Q maintains Weber standard!

G’day all,

I was compelled to write this review after reading the negatives. I have owned a Weber Genesis E-330 for over 6 years and just can’t fault it. Workmanship, cooking ability (not always mine) and consistently!
When receiving this Baby Q as a promo from a wholesaler I was a bit dubious of its abilities.
Well, just like being at home, I was wrong again!
It’s cooked great lamb rump steaks, heated up roti bread, cooked a butterflied lamb (remember to bring all meat up to room temperature prior to cooking) and a fantastic 30mm porterhouse last night!

It’s unfortunate that a few users have allegedly experienced some issues with the unit reaching temp prior to use but I’ve had only good experience with Weber.

When my Genesis was supplied and installed 6 years ago I received a call from the Weber installer letting me know the unit was commissioned and ready for use (natural gas model). He also informed me that he had noticed a scratch on the hood and would order a replacement. After inspection that night for the life of me I couldn’t find a scratch! I assured home of this but sure enough a new hood arrived and it’s still sitting in my attic ready for a Weber anniversary of some sort.

Buy it. You won’t be disappointed. Just follow the rules.
If your looking you’re not cooking!
Keep the lid down!

Regards

Wes

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Baby Q .. fantastic

Recently received a Weber Baby q as a bonus when we built a pergola we have continually used it since getting at last summer cooks great easy to clean minimal gas used and a great variety of food can be cooked on it would definitely buy another one in the future if needed to although by the look of it I think this Weber q will last many years go out and get yourself one

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent produce with outstanding back up

So happy with my Weber. This little BBQ has transformed how we cook and enjoy food. Yes, really.

On this BBQ I can cook the best tasting steak, pork fillet, fish and roasts. It is quick and easy to use and to clean and so simple to use. Steaks go straight on the grill and the trick is in the timing. Heat the BBQ up for at least 10 minutes. Turn once. Don't open the lid unnecessarily. Know how thick the meat is and work out a timing rhythm. Easy.

For those that say "its not hot enough" then you have chosen the wrong type of BBQ for your cooking style. Buy a Weber Q, change your cooking style, don't use a BBQ plate (grill only) enjoy the best steaks ever.

For cleaning:
1) Run at max heat to turn any food on the grill (on a weber you should have much anyway) to ash. When cool, Use one of the new "safe" stainless steel grill brushes that don't shed steel bristles to clean. Use balled up foil to clean further
2) Use a stiff nylon brush to do the rest of the grill bars. Remove the grill.
3) get a plastic paint scraper from the hardware store to clean the worst from the cook box into the drip tray
4) Toss the alfoil drip tray, get a pack from woolies and change over
5) Use a good quality stainless steel grill brush exclusively to gently brush the gas ring to keep surface rust at bay and the holes clear.

so easy

Support from Weber is the stuff of dreams. I recently had mine repaired, at home, at over 18 months old. Ownership is a great experience end to end. Great job Weber!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

This really is perfect, don't know how I ever lived without it.

I have cooked bacon, eggs, marinated chicken thighs, steak and even roast beef, everything turns out perfect.
Highly recommend for small areas like units with balconies. Starts with the first click which is awesome. Easy to pack up and take with you if need be. Accessories are a bit expensive.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love my new Baby Q !

I was delighted with my new Weber Baby Q, we cooked steaks and they came out beautifully cooked and so juicy , not dry and blackened like our old fashioned bbq, and clean up afterwards was just a breeze. The Baby Q wipes clean with ease and the handy cover keeps dust at bay between uses.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

I have had my Weber Baby Q for aprox 8 years. A hole formed in the burner tube. I contacted Weber through their website on Sunday 25th November 2018 for them to contact me in regards to obtaining a new one. By 8.30 am on Monday 26th November, i had received an email from them saying that they would replace under warranty. I then received a further email from them same day giving me a tracking number.
At aprox 2.00pm Tuesday 27th November my new burner tube arrived from Adelaide. As I am in Brisbane, They must have over-nighted it. Well done Weber on your service.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Great product world best support services

Love the results I have with our Weber and when things stopped working as they had I went and discussed with local Weber suppliers and after providing details was supplied with new grill plate new burner and pressure regulator all under warranty now working like new.
This is fantastic service so register your Q best BBQ we have ever had
Thanks to all for a wonderful product
Don

Date PurchasedMar 2009

Temperature seems stuck on 100

Tried to cook a roast again today. A 1.5 Pork roast is raw inside after 90 min. High for 30 min before putting in the roast. Temp. is now 120c after 2 hrs (30min. heating BabyQ and 1.5 hrs cooking). Christmas Gift from family last year. Have now tried to use three times over the past 11 months. End up bringing in and cooking in the oven.
Have watched all the videos. It looks so easy. What are we doing wrong?

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi George, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having issues with your pork roast. I will need a bit more info to properly identify the issue, and you're more than welcome to ring us on 1300 301 290 for assistance if that's easier for you. - what type of pork roast was it? Shoulder, leg, belly, etc. - how long has it been since you've cleaned the barbecue? Is the burner tube free of debris, cookbox empty, new drip tray, etc. - do you have enough gas in your bottle? Your barbecue should definitely be getting hotter than that after that length of time, so there may be an issue with the gas regulator too. We'd need images and the serial number to help you with that, so you can also email custserv@weberbbq.com.au to get assistance with this issue.