Could Not Love It More

We cook everything on this gem. Even pizzas and patries. Easy to clean, easy to use and amazing results! We love it! Easy to transport as well. Best purchase ever.

Purchased for $500.00.

Preheating Speed
Safety
Even Heat DistributionYes

Baby Q maintains Weber standard!

G’day all,

I was compelled to write this review after reading the negatives. I have owned a Weber Genesis E-330 for over 6 years and just can’t fault it. Workmanship, cooking ability (not always mine) and consistently!
When receiving this Baby Q as a promo from a wholesaler I was a bit dubious of its abilities.
Well, just like being at home, I was wrong again!
It’s cooked great lamb rump steaks, heated up roti bread, cooked a butterflied lamb (remember to bring all meat up to room temperature prior to cooking) and a fantastic 30mm porterhouse last night!

It’s unfortunate that a few users have allegedly experienced some issues with the unit reaching temp prior to use but I’ve had only good experience with Weber.

When my Genesis was supplied and installed 6 years ago I received a call from the Weber installer letting me know the unit was commissioned and ready for use (natural gas model). He also informed me that he had noticed a scratch on the hood and would order a replacement. After inspection that night for the life of me I couldn’t find a scratch! I assured home of this but sure enough a new hood arrived and it’s still sitting in my attic ready for a Weber anniversary of some sort.

Buy it. You won’t be disappointed. Just follow the rules.
If your looking you’re not cooking!
Keep the lid down!

Regards

Wes

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Baby Q .. fantastic

Recently received a Weber Baby q as a bonus when we built a pergola we have continually used it since getting at last summer cooks great easy to clean minimal gas used and a great variety of food can be cooked on it would definitely buy another one in the future if needed to although by the look of it I think this Weber q will last many years go out and get yourself one

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent produce with outstanding back up

So happy with my Weber. This little BBQ has transformed how we cook and enjoy food. Yes, really.

On this BBQ I can cook the best tasting steak, pork fillet, fish and roasts. It is quick and easy to use and to clean and so simple to use. Steaks go straight on the grill and the trick is in the timing. Heat the BBQ up for at least 10 minutes. Turn once. Don't open the lid unnecessarily. Know how thick the meat is and work out a timing rhythm. Easy.

For those that say "its not hot enough" then you have chosen the wrong type of BBQ for your cooking style. Buy a Weber Q, change your cooking style, don't use a BBQ plate (grill only) enjoy the best steaks ever.

For cleaning:
1) Run at max heat to turn any food on the grill (on a weber you should have much anyway) to ash. When cool, Use one of the new "safe" stainless steel grill brushes that don't shed steel bristles to clean. Use balled up foil to clean further
2) Use a stiff nylon brush to do the rest of the grill bars. Remove the grill.
3) get a plastic paint scraper from the hardware store to clean the worst from the cook box into the drip tray
4) Toss the alfoil drip tray, get a pack from woolies and change over
5) Use a good quality stainless steel grill brush exclusively to gently brush the gas ring to keep surface rust at bay and the holes clear.

so easy

Support from Weber is the stuff of dreams. I recently had mine repaired, at home, at over 18 months old. Ownership is a great experience end to end. Great job Weber!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

This really is perfect, don't know how I ever lived without it.

I have cooked bacon, eggs, marinated chicken thighs, steak and even roast beef, everything turns out perfect.
Highly recommend for small areas like units with balconies. Starts with the first click which is awesome. Easy to pack up and take with you if need be. Accessories are a bit expensive.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love my new Baby Q !

I was delighted with my new Weber Baby Q, we cooked steaks and they came out beautifully cooked and so juicy , not dry and blackened like our old fashioned bbq, and clean up afterwards was just a breeze. The Baby Q wipes clean with ease and the handy cover keeps dust at bay between uses.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

I have had my Weber Baby Q for aprox 8 years. A hole formed in the burner tube. I contacted Weber through their website on Sunday 25th November 2018 for them to contact me in regards to obtaining a new one. By 8.30 am on Monday 26th November, i had received an email from them saying that they would replace under warranty. I then received a further email from them same day giving me a tracking number.
At aprox 2.00pm Tuesday 27th November my new burner tube arrived from Adelaide. As I am in Brisbane, They must have over-nighted it. Well done Weber on your service.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Great product world best support services

Love the results I have with our Weber and when things stopped working as they had I went and discussed with local Weber suppliers and after providing details was supplied with new grill plate new burner and pressure regulator all under warranty now working like new.
This is fantastic service so register your Q best BBQ we have ever had
Thanks to all for a wonderful product
Don

Date PurchasedMar 2009

Temperature seems stuck on 100

Tried to cook a roast again today. A 1.5 Pork roast is raw inside after 90 min. High for 30 min before putting in the roast. Temp. is now 120c after 2 hrs (30min. heating BabyQ and 1.5 hrs cooking). Christmas Gift from family last year. Have now tried to use three times over the past 11 months. End up bringing in and cooking in the oven.
Have watched all the videos. It looks so easy. What are we doing wrong?

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi George, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having issues with your pork roast. I will need a bit more info to properly identify the issue, and you're more than welcome to ring us on 1300 301 290 for assistance if that's easier for you. - what type of pork roast was it? Shoulder, leg, belly, etc. - how long has it been since you've cleaned the barbecue? Is the burner tube free of debris, cookbox empty, new drip tray, etc. - do you have enough gas in your bottle? Your barbecue should definitely be getting hotter than that after that length of time, so there may be an issue with the gas regulator too. We'd need images and the serial number to help you with that, so you can also email custserv@weberbbq.com.au to get assistance with this issue.

Huge Disappointment

Does not heat up enough to cook a sizzling steak. Have been told by a chef it is because it has just one ring of burners. Don't waste your money go for a bigger model Should not be sold as is, I have even had the Weber people out and told me it was fine, apparently they loved stewed fillet steak

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Hi Veronica, thanks for your review and we're saddened to hear that you aren't happy with your Baby Q. Your Q should definitely be able to sear fantastic steaks that are full of flavour! We'd love to be able to help you get the best from your barbecue- can you please send us an email at social@weberbbq.com.au and we can run you through the proper set-up and the way you're cooking so we can see what the issue is? Thanks

Quality and ease of use

I agree with others' positive reviews of this bbq, I have had mine for two weeks and already cooked steak, sausages, lamb and pork roasts and vegetables to perfection. The two roasts were perfect; moist, and cooked well through and not overdone. These are the positives. However, you will need to purchase various extras to make your Baby Q fully functional. Go in with eyes open but the extras are worth it. I threw out my Bunnings Chinese piece of rubbish which had already started to rust. Look after your Weber and you will enjoy it for years.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thanks for your kind words Peter! We're glad to hear you're making the most of your Baby Q.

Not my stile of bbq

I was verry disappointed with my baby q gas bbq if you want the smoky flavor of burnt fat then its for you not me their idea of how to bbq is far from mine slow cooks sausages is all i would use it for i prefer the old hot plate that cooks steak ext like a pan with a clean flavor

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Gary, we're saddened to hear that you are not satisfied with your Baby Q. By cooking with the lid down, all those beautiful smokey, bbq flavours circulate around the food, imparting flavour into whatever it is you're cooking. It does get searing hot, which is great for sausages, steaks and hamburgers- most of the typical things you would think of when you think of barbecue food. It can also do so much more than that, like baking cakes, creating casseroles, roasting meats, etc. If this isn't to your taste, then we're sorry to hear that, but we realise that not all of our products will please everyone, so we appreciate your feedback.

Amazing little bbq! Another weber jem..

Shout out to weber. Firstly nailed the charcoal and briquette game for over a billion years. Have now conquered the family bbg game. You changed the way we cook, remember when everyone used to go to bunnings and buy a massive 4 or 6 burner shiny crapbox bbq that couldn't cook good bbq if it tried! Im a charcoal guy through and through but decided on a baby q 1200au for camping trips. Best descion i ever mad. Biggups Weber

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Thanks for your kind words Fents!

Service made easy!

I use my Weber regularly and it never fails to produce magnificent roasts. Recently I had the igniter break down. I wrote to Weber asking where I could buy a replacement. They told me it was covered under the lifetime warranty. They sent me out a replacement and it arrived so fast it was unbelievable.
Excellent service is alive and well and it resides at Weber Barbeques.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Thanks Daz, and happy barbecuing!

Great compact bbq for camping

Have used this bbq a few times now and it does the job well. Heating up the bbq for at least 15 minutes prior to use is a must. Also good idea to purchase the half flat plate as the breakfast plate was too small.

The only downside to this awesome bbq is all the additional extras cost a small fortune. The small casserole dish was $99. Which is really a complete joke.

Other than that Weber do make a great bbq.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Thanks for your review Jodie, and we appreciate your feedback on the price of the casserole dish. Happy barbecuing!

Best BBQ Ever!!

I live alone so I bought the Baby Q & it is seriously amazing!! I use it nearly every night in Summer & cooks things perfectly. It heats up nice & quickly, it gives things that nice BBQ char (if desired). It is also big enough to cook a few different things up on it is you have a few people over for dinner. I only have the grill plates but these are fine for what I use it for. I constantly keep its cover on it so it stays nice & clean & out of the rain. Its also the perfect size to take to the park with your friends - I have done so a few times!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Thanks for your review Melissa! Happy barbecuing.

Weber Baby Q

Compact BBQ with very easy operation, so light and small can be easily stored any where and can fit in car for camping and bbq's on picnics. Amazing how such a small bbq can bring very good smoky results. Would recommend this if you have less storage space and love the best of the bbq's.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Amazing for road trips

I have to make treks up to my family farm which is a good few hours away, and every time I go up there I bring the Baby Q. It is the perfect size for storing in the car, and is the most convenient appliance I own. It cooks beautifully, (I mainly cook sausages and thin steaks on it) and although it obviously doesn't fit as much as a regular BBQ, for myself and a couple of other people it fits just the right amount. I honestly don't know how I've gone my whole life without buying one of these earlier, they are just the best portable cooking appliances I cant think of on the market right now. The barbecue is also really easy to clean, just a quick wipe with some lemon juice, and since it's so small you can easily store it out of the elements for a durable appliance as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Amazing

We bought this for road trips down south this worked like crazy it sizzled nicely made crisp burgers and we even roasted marshmallows and it was so yummy it is very small and portable i love this i would buy again if this one failed on me would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Best BBQ

How have I not had one of these sooner. It has changed our world. The flavour and tenderness of meat is exceptional. I don't know why it has taken us so long to purchase one of these amazing bbq's. I do so many different things in it whilst camping and at home. Cook wellingtons, roasts, bbq's, bread. It is just the best and every family should have one. I now eat a lot of steak! YUM