14Weber Baby Q Series

Larger Weber BBQs may be more effective

Luke F.
Luke F.3 posts

Best of the best!

This was my first ever Weber product. It’s now 15 years old and with use every other day it’s going strong. I had to replace the regulator about 5 years ago, which with the amount of use it gets was totally expected and acceptable. When I phoned Weber to order the part they were very very helpful. This product has been the catalyst for me to increase my collection to 4 Weber products over the years. And I still love this BBQ like the day I got it. I highly recommend Weber products. The only brand I use when it comes to barbecue. Show details ·  1
Gabriel M.
Gabriel M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW
  Premium

Lost a lot of time with other BBQa

Grills well, easy to clean, good quality! Just loved it. Show details ·  1
ado
adoSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Baby Q Series

Doesnt come with correct gas fitting

As above junk product. Can not be used. Not impressed Show details
Boogieman
BoogiemanSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Good camping BBQ

I'd been using an old thrown together BBQ and decided to buy a Weber Baby Q.
It doesn't do the job any better than my $50 BBQ but it is a lot neater looking.
I didn't like how the lid fitted loosely so I used washers to take up the loose fitting lid.

It works great but I don't think it's worth the price tag. Show details

M.G
M.GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA19 posts
  • +4Thumbnail
Glen F.
Glen F.Western Australia

Useless for caravan

So, purchased Webber Baby Q for our caravan, then found we are unable to connect to caravan bayonet legally, due to not having a flame fail safeguard. OK, followed up and device becoming available in November 2023. Wait it out until then. Device is finally available... at $199 per device. What the.... So my Webber Baby Q cast $320 + accessories and now another $199 for this device. Turning into a very expensive BBQ. Think I'll go get the Ziggy that has all this, for a lot less at $319. Show details
Scott10 posts

What a bloody beauty

I recently purchased a Weber baby Q premium and couldn’t be happier. I user my Weber for cooking a basic snag and steak to the Sunday night lamb roast including veggies and highly recommend it. The raised hood with inbuilt thermometer allow you to cook those larger dishes and includes an electronic infinite lighter. These inclusions only come with the premium model. Show details ·  1
Jac Gan
Jac GanDarling Downs, QLD8 posts
  Q1000N

Why didn't I buy one sooner ??

I love the portability and compact nature of this bar-b-que. It is so light and easy to transport. Initially, I was a little concerned about how it would travel, but its sturdy construction handled the journey perfectly.
With its easy ignition system, it delivers consistent cooking results, and the end result of the food cooked was succulent and extremely tasty. It may be small in size but delivers BIG results in a handy portable package. Show details ·  1
Graham T.
Graham T.Western Australia9 posts

Cant even cook a steak without broiling it, pizza still poor after 35 min

Basically the Baby Q is underpowered, pizza in Baby Q takes 30 to 40 minutes, in a sizzler deluxe maybe 6-10 min. In the Baby Q the underside of the pizza is soggy in the sizzler deluxe it is crisp. Show details
BbqPanda
BbqPandaSydney, NSW2 posts

Great little camping bbq

Perfect BBQ for camping. Have tried other cheap bunnings bbqs and are no where near as good as the weber. Highly recommend Show details ·  1
Smiley Jim
Smiley JimAU10 posts
Steve
Steve

So disappointed

We bought the baby Q on recommendations from friends almost 2 yrs ago.It did not generate enough heat from day 1. Weber were no help but BCF got some help and some gas thing on the side was replaced. Worked great for another 2 or 3 roasts and then went back to slow cooker mode. We are totally disappointed and given we are about to head off on a lap we will junk the weber as I know they will not help and look for something else. For our $320 we have a lot of agro and about 3 decent meals.
After sales service? Don’t bother, there is none. Show details
Dutchy
DutchySouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Q120
David
DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Flame Failure device

Now early 2023 and still no answer!! Come on Weber, please…
I’m starting to think I’ll start saving for a Ziggy. I don’t want to be fined for using it attached to my camper and I’m not able to carry a spare bottle. Show details
Greg C
Greg CMelbourne, Victoria11 posts

Elizabeth T.
Elizabeth T. · Baby Q Q120

Hi, I'm very confused about the new regulations regarding the flame safe device. My Weber Baby Q is a 2017 and I connect it to the bayonet outside the caravan. Does this mean I can't use it this way or do I have to buy a flame safe device. Cheers Liz

Rebecca B.
Rebecca B. · Baby Q Premium (Q1200)

Can you buy a smoker box to fit the Q1200 please?

Scott

I personally haven’t purchased one, however a quick search of Google said they can, different suppliers can for about $17.00 aus

Weber   DM

Hi Rebecca, the smoker boxes are not compatible with the Baby Q due to the sizing of the grills and the required space needed for the smoker boxes and the convection tray and trivet.

Mark E. · Baby Q Q120

Is there an update on when the caravan compliant fitting will be available for the weber baby Q? Will it also be available for the next size model up? I am looking to buy a BBQ for my new caravan and want the weber rather than switch to the Ziggy.

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Mark, saw the device at the caravan and and camping show yesterday on a Weber Baby Q. Price will be about $200 dollars. Bigger than I thought and has to be powered by 12 volt as well. It was on the Everything Caravan and Camping stand.

Mark E.

Wow! Thanks for the answer. I think I'll buy a Ziggy!

Bryon D.
Bryon D.

The popular Weber Baby Q Series is recommended for outdoor areas with limited space. This is a portable BBQ that you can take on holidays without it weighing you down.

Features:

• Compact BBQ designed for travel but still large enough to roast a whole chicken
  • More affordable than other Weber BBQs, which are usually around $100 more expensive
  • Stainless steel burner tubes provide an even distribution of heat
  • Available in red, black and cream

Points of praise for the Weber Baby Q Series:

• Winner of the ProductReview Award for the BBQ category for multiple years in a row, proving to be a reliable and trustworthy choice for consumers
  • Longevity was a point of praise amongst reviewers - with one reviewer claiming that they had been using their Weber Baby Q for the past 13 years
  • Many reviewers loved to take their BBQ camping, reporting that it was the perfect size.
Compare all Weber Baby Q Series listings
Weber Baby Q Q100
  • Discontinued
Weber Baby Q Q1004.5
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $349$369$339
TypePortablePortablePortable
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast Iron and Porcelain / CeramicCast Iron
FeaturesGrill and Temperature GaugeGrill
Dimensions 620 x 690 x 520 mm640 x 660 x 560 mm600 x 690 x 520 mm
Weight11.25 kg9.1 kg10.8 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 111
Gas Rate 9 mJ/hr10.6 mJ/hr9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, RedBlack, Titanium
Release date
Replaced byWeber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)
Awards 2017, 2019, 2020 and 20232017, 2019, 2020 and 20232017, 2019, 2020 and 20232017, 2019, 2020 and 2023