Crossray Infrared

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

Pros

• Swift pre-heating speed

• 2 or 4 burner option

• Easy to use

• Competitive prices

4.9

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (39) · No (1)
  • Safety

Peter Barton

Peter BartonBonner 2914, ACT

Best BBQ I have ever had.

My Pizza was done in 8 minutes. Excellent
Cooked a whole chicken on the rotisserie. 1 hour. Perfect
Veggies were beautiful, but had to keep an eye on them, so they didn’t burn
Had trouble getting it above 220 degrees C after 20 minutes on high. Emailed Crossray, and Berndon was very helpful, and sent me new jets. Now it gets to 300 degrees C in under 10 minutes.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for A$1,299.00.

Paul

Paul Hunter Region, NSW

Love the new barbie.

I bought the 2 burner through Bunnings at the end of November and love it. The heat is generates is amazing and so quick to get to premium cooking temp. We do a lot of steaks, pork, chicken and lamb and we have noticed a very big difference in the flavour we get. I have just bought the rotisserie and it does pork perfectly. I had a small problem with a screw not fitting in the fat tray. Spoke to Brandon at Crossray and received a replacement in the post immediately. Top product top service. Cant go wrong.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So good.

If I could give this ten stars I would have. build quality is great, you have to build the cabinet, but it was easy enough. As soon as I built it, I put a steak on it for lunch. And I was gobsmacked and very excited, with my first bite, it retains a lot more juice than an ordinary gas barbie. you get restaurant Quality taste, and I am one happy chappy.

Purchased in December 2020 for A$1,299.00.

Find out how Crossray Infrared compares to other Gas BBQs

Not only is the bbq great, the customer service is exceptional. My hood was damaged and Brandon Lee from customer service sorted it out straight away. Great product backed by great after service.

Purchased in November 2020.

Jack

JackSouthwest, VIC

What a BBQ!!!!!!!

Wow what a BBQ, from the classy construction and modern look, down to the ease of assembly.
But is it cracked up to all the talk, yes! yes! yes!
We have cooked magnificent rib eye steak on it, never tasted better, lamb chops, butterfly chicken, salmon, kebabs, snags and hamburgers and never owned a BBQ that cooks better pizza than this baby, it heats up quickly, cooks the meat even throughout and seems to retain the juices so well.
Also cleaning really is a breeze if you follow the instructions, can"t stop cooking on it!!!
Brandon from Crossray was so helpful and knowledgeable every step of the way, from the order and delivery and the best way how to use and cook on the BBQ.

Thanks so much.

Purchased in November 2020 for A$1,299.00.

Best BBQ available

Reviewed BBQ options across all brands to replace our Webber. We bought the Crossray 2 burner about a month ago: used most nights instead of the stove, so gets a lot of use: The two burner gives about the same cooking area as our old 4 burner because the Crossray heating means we are cooking on the racks more effectively.
Pork ribs: 45 min; Portuguese chicken: 20 min; Porterhouse steak: 2min each side max
Weight is not excessive, so it can easily be moved around but not move while being used
Easy to put together- yes it is IKEA proof and the directions work
Easy to clean compared to both the Webber and standard 4 burner we had.
Very quick to reach cooking temp and does not burn the food.
Easily the best bbq we have ever had

Purchased in September 2020 for A$799.00.

Absolutely devastated.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Amazing design with a competitive pricing

I’m really happy with my outdoor kitchen design, the build and thought in this outdoor kitchen was amazing. I would recommend this outdoor kitchen and the CROSSRAY bbq to anyone on the market for a new bbq or kitchen. Thumbs up CROSSRAY !!!

What an upgrade

After 14 Years of cooking on an old style of BBQ it was time for a new & up to date one, that I could build into a outdoor kitchen. The guys at Crossray were very helpful. Thank. I am looking forward to show it off to my mates.

Purchased in October 2020.

Great Customer Service

We purchased the 4 burner trolley BBQ and have had it for approx 3 weeks. We have cooked steaks, sausages and pork ribs and have been totally impressed. We did have a problem with number 4 burner initially, one phone call and 24 hours later a new burner was delivered and no further issues. Love the BBQ and great customer service!

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jesse

JesseSouth East Queensland, QLD

This BBQ keeps getting better and so does the service...

When we first got the BBQ we thought it was good but now we think - WOW!!!
It cooks everything so much better and I've had some nice BBQ's over the years. Steak was amazing, we had a roast lamb the other night and the tuna steaks were superb. It cooks so well and so fast!

The service from these guys has been outstanding as well. Brandon is excellent. Always helpful and just keeps on trying to help.

Purchased in October 2020.

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

Everything we wanted in a bbq

This bbq is everything we were looking for. After hours of research on a bbq. We decided this is exactly what we wanted.
It has so many options in the way of cooking and the food tastes amazing. It is compact but can fit so much on it. A lot more than our old 4 burner. We were going to get a 6burner until we found this. We dealt with Michelle from Crossray/Heatstrip
Michelle has been nothing but amazing and her customer service is amazing, Michelle goes above and beyond for her customers which is greatly appreciated.
We couldn’t be happier with our purchase and our customer service! Thank you

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$1,700.00.

Best BBQ I have ever owned

The Crossray 4 burner is a fantastic BBQ. I love using it. The heat it generates and the speed at which it heats up is unparalled. I use it for cooking steaks, pizzas, slow cooking ribs and making unbelievable moist and tasty chickens on the rotisserie. Brandon has provided amazing sales and service support in the year I have had this BBQ . I can't ask for anything better.

Purchased in August 2019.

Miray

MirayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent - a step change in BBQ technology. Outstanding service support too.

Purchased in September 2020 at Pool Room Supplies Physical store for A$1,200.00.

nick

nickSouthwest, VIC

BLOODY MARVELOUS

i have just recently bought the 2 burner trolley bbq. I am in my 60's so i have had a few bbq's in my life, and i can happily say that this is by far the best bbq i have had. The quality and the ease of assembly is magnificent. once you turn on the bbq you are cooking within minutes. 1inch thick tomahawk steak done in a matter of minutes.
i can go on and on. BLOODY MARVELOUS.
NICK. B

Purchased in September 2020 at bunnings.

Noisyfridge

Noisyfridgesyd

A few issues but outstanding customer service so all fixed

Purchased in September 2020.

Peter00

Peter00South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic BBQ-will never settle for a cheap&nasty again!

Overall quality was very good, easy to assemble and even came with tools needed!
One minor problem was fixed with a simple phone call- Brandon went above what I was expecting

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Ty D.

Ty D.Sydney, NSW

A fantastic BBQ and very satisfied

BBQ has been very easy to operate and looks fantastic.
Quality is very sturdy and well built.
Customer service has been great.
Definitely can see this BBQ lasting a long time to come.

Purchased in September 2019.

Hans

HansGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

4 burner built in, best choice

We bought a 4 burner built in model, converted it to natural gas. It looks and feels fantastic. Very happy with our choice. New grilling techniques have to be explored, however new methods are very well explained with video and tutorials. Have fun

Purchased in May 2020.

Paul

PaulNorthern Region, NSW

I have finally found it!

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Ozzi S.

Ozzi S.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Why doesn’t my knobs have led lights on my crossray 4 burner

Matthew

Because they did not include them in the design, I have never seen them on a barbie. Do you cook in pitch black lol

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Ozzi, thank you for your enquiry.

The 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ had 2 designs, the older models had LED lights interrogated into the Knobs. The new models recently released were designed with a full front drip tray. For the design team to design the full front drip tray, we had to delete the LED lights from the BBQ.

Best regards,

Domenic Racoasked

4-Burner Built-In

How do you remove and replace the infrared burners on a cross ray four burner barbeque

Matthew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoMjdgIl68&ab_channel=GrillTechs this shows you how to replace but not same barbecue, ring the head office on 0395623455

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Domenic, you can remove the burners by unscrewing the middle bracket. After the middle bracket is unscrewed, the burners should be able to be pulled out. If you require further information, please email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Domenic Raco

Thankyou that is very helpful as it will allow me to thoroughly clean it when necessary

Alex

Alexasked

4-Burner

where can I buy a 4 burner Crossway in built near Tweed Heads/Gold coast?

Matthew

You can order it in from Bunnings special order, but they will charge 40 bucks for delivery, look online for a free delivery o0tion.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Alex, you can purchase the CROSSRAY from our website. I have listed the website below for your own reference. www.crossray.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Crossray representatives

Features:

• As a default, the Crossray Infrared is powered by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas) but can be converted to natural gas
  • 2 or 4 burner options available, depending on how much cooking space you require. More burners allow you to cook a greater quantity and variety of foods.
  • The BBQ is portable, so you can cook up a feast on a day trip to the park or while away on holidays

Points of praise for the Crossray Infrared:

• The Crossray Infrared heats up quickly, allowing many people to get their BBQ up and running without leaving their family and friends to wait around impatiently
  • Reviewers who purchased this product were impressed with the outstanding customer service they received when contacting the company about any issues they encountered
  • Many reviewers thought the BBQs were great value for money and appreciated the competitive pricing.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

The Crossray Infrared BBQ range has made quite the impression on reviewers, with an outstanding 4.9-star overall rating. Standout factors which helped to achieve the 2021 ProductReview award include a fast-heating speed, effortless ease of use and reassuring safety features.

Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared

4.9
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) A$899.00A$1,299.00A$1,399.00A$1,299.00
TypeBuilt-InFreestandingFreestandingBuilt-In
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialAluminium and Porcelain / CeramicAluminium and Porcelain / CeramicCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking and Temperature Gauge
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 560 x 635 x 505 mm1255 x 1405 x 505 mm1255 x 1685 x 505 mm560 x 910 x 505 mm
Weight28 kg38 kg48 kg33 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPGLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 2244
Gas Rate 26 mJ/hr26 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared