Crossray Infrared

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Swift pre-heating speed

• 2 or 4 burner option

• Easy to use

• Competitive prices

4.9

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (43) · No (1)
  • Safety

Alistair Black

Alistair BlackLaunceston, TAS

The Best BBq In Australia

The Crossray BBQ cooking system is the best i haved used. No burners to worry about, the BBQ provides incredile heat and very quick cooking times.It has a top level good for sausages and vegtables etc and the main level for meats etc. Windy days does not worry, it no burners blowing out etc. All meats dont dry out because there are no flames to burn and dry the meat out , only infrared heat . You can cook anything , pizza, cakes , roasts and anything you can cook in your inside oven.
I would recommend this BBQ system to anyone, its absolutely fantastic.

Purchased in February 2021 at Crossray website for $1,299.00.

Michael H.Southwest, VIC

Leaves our guests wanting more

We have had the crossray now for five months and never had a bad meal - from delicate fish to large steaks this BBQ is amazing. Leaving the food moist and with so much flavour.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

two30v

two30vMelbourne

Great Customer Support

Purchased in January 2021.

Stefan

StefanSydney Surrounds, NSW

This BBQ is by far the best one I've ever had.

The heat is even throughout the surface and it gets very hot so I often end up using the top shelf instead. Quality seems to be spot on as well, but I've only had it for 6 weeks, but so far so good.

Purchased in December 2020 for $4,500.00.

Peter Barton

Peter BartonBonner 2914, ACT

Best BBQ I have ever had.

My Pizza was done in 8 minutes. Excellent
Cooked a whole chicken on the rotisserie. 1 hour. Perfect
Veggies were beautiful, but had to keep an eye on them, so they didn’t burn
Had trouble getting it above 220 degrees C after 20 minutes on high. Emailed Crossray, and Berndon was very helpful, and sent me new jets. Now it gets to 300 degrees C in under 10 minutes.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,299.00.

Paul

Paul Hunter Region, NSW

Love the new barbie.

I bought the 2 burner through Bunnings at the end of November and love it. The heat is generates is amazing and so quick to get to premium cooking temp. We do a lot of steaks, pork, chicken and lamb and we have noticed a very big difference in the flavour we get. I have just bought the rotisserie and it does pork perfectly. I had a small problem with a screw not fitting in the fat tray. Spoke to Brandon at Crossray and received a replacement in the post immediately. Top product top service. Cant go wrong.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Matthew

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So good.

If I could give this ten stars I would have. build quality is great, you have to build the cabinet, but it was easy enough. As soon as I built it, I put a steak on it for lunch. And I was gobsmacked and very excited, with my first bite, it retains a lot more juice than an ordinary gas barbie. you get restaurant Quality taste, and I am one happy chappy.

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,299.00.

Not only is the bbq great, the customer service is exceptional. My hood was damaged and Brandon Lee from customer service sorted it out straight away. Great product backed by great after service.

Purchased in November 2020.

Jack

JackSouthwest, VIC

What a BBQ!!!!!!!

Wow what a BBQ, from the classy construction and modern look, down to the ease of assembly.
But is it cracked up to all the talk, yes! yes! yes!
We have cooked magnificent rib eye steak on it, never tasted better, lamb chops, butterfly chicken, salmon, kebabs, snags and hamburgers and never owned a BBQ that cooks better pizza than this baby, it heats up quickly, cooks the meat even throughout and seems to retain the juices so well.
Also cleaning really is a breeze if you follow the instructions, can"t stop cooking on it!!!
Brandon from Crossray was so helpful and knowledgeable every step of the way, from the order and delivery and the best way how to use and cook on the BBQ.

Thanks so much.

Purchased in November 2020 for $1,299.00.

Best BBQ available

Reviewed BBQ options across all brands to replace our Webber. We bought the Crossray 2 burner about a month ago: used most nights instead of the stove, so gets a lot of use: The two burner gives about the same cooking area as our old 4 burner because the Crossray heating means we are cooking on the racks more effectively.
Pork ribs: 45 min; Portuguese chicken: 20 min; Porterhouse steak: 2min each side max
Weight is not excessive, so it can easily be moved around but not move while being used
Easy to put together- yes it is IKEA proof and the directions work
Easy to clean compared to both the Webber and standard 4 burner we had.
Very quick to reach cooking temp and does not burn the food.
Easily the best bbq we have ever had

Purchased in September 2020 for $799.00.

Absolutely devastated.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Amazing design with a competitive pricing

I’m really happy with my outdoor kitchen design, the build and thought in this outdoor kitchen was amazing. I would recommend this outdoor kitchen and the CROSSRAY bbq to anyone on the market for a new bbq or kitchen. Thumbs up CROSSRAY !!!

What an upgrade

After 14 Years of cooking on an old style of BBQ it was time for a new & up to date one, that I could build into a outdoor kitchen. The guys at Crossray were very helpful. Thank. I am looking forward to show it off to my mates.

Purchased in October 2020.

Great Customer Service

We purchased the 4 burner trolley BBQ and have had it for approx 3 weeks. We have cooked steaks, sausages and pork ribs and have been totally impressed. We did have a problem with number 4 burner initially, one phone call and 24 hours later a new burner was delivered and no further issues. Love the BBQ and great customer service!

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jesse

JesseSouth East Queensland, QLD

This BBQ keeps getting better and so does the service...

When we first got the BBQ we thought it was good but now we think - WOW!!!
It cooks everything so much better and I've had some nice BBQ's over the years. Steak was amazing, we had a roast lamb the other night and the tuna steaks were superb. It cooks so well and so fast!

The service from these guys has been outstanding as well. Brandon is excellent. Always helpful and just keeps on trying to help.

Purchased in October 2020.

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

Everything we wanted in a bbq

This bbq is everything we were looking for. After hours of research on a bbq. We decided this is exactly what we wanted.
It has so many options in the way of cooking and the food tastes amazing. It is compact but can fit so much on it. A lot more than our old 4 burner. We were going to get a 6burner until we found this. We dealt with Michelle from Crossray/Heatstrip
Michelle has been nothing but amazing and her customer service is amazing, Michelle goes above and beyond for her customers which is greatly appreciated.
We couldn’t be happier with our purchase and our customer service! Thank you

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,700.00.

Best BBQ I have ever owned

The Crossray 4 burner is a fantastic BBQ. I love using it. The heat it generates and the speed at which it heats up is unparalled. I use it for cooking steaks, pizzas, slow cooking ribs and making unbelievable moist and tasty chickens on the rotisserie. Brandon has provided amazing sales and service support in the year I have had this BBQ . I can't ask for anything better.

Purchased in August 2019.

Miray

MirayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent - a step change in BBQ technology. Outstanding service support too.

Purchased in September 2020 at Pool Room Supplies Physical store for $1,200.00.

nick

nickSouthwest, VIC

BLOODY MARVELOUS

i have just recently bought the 2 burner trolley bbq. I am in my 60's so i have had a few bbq's in my life, and i can happily say that this is by far the best bbq i have had. The quality and the ease of assembly is magnificent. once you turn on the bbq you are cooking within minutes. 1inch thick tomahawk steak done in a matter of minutes.
i can go on and on. BLOODY MARVELOUS.
NICK. B

Purchased in September 2020 at bunnings.

Noisyfridge

Noisyfridgesyd

A few issues but outstanding customer service so all fixed

Purchased in September 2020.

Dave

Daveasked

Infrared

How much smoke do they make? Are they good for apartment balconies

Hi Dave,

These BBQ can be used on Balconies the smoke will emit depending on what is being cooked. We also have an Electric version for balcony locations. I have listed the model number below:

TCE15F

If you require further information, please feel free to email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Dave

Daveasked

2-Burner Trolley

Is this ok for apartment balconies? How much smoke?

Hi Dave,

TCE15F

Noula

Noulaasked

Infrared

How easily can this be converted to natural gas?

Michael H.

I am not sure. they have now brought out an electric version. I dont feel its too hard to convert.

Hi Noula,

You can purchase a national gas conversion kit, a licensed plumber will need to do the conversion for you.

If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact sales@thermofilm.com.au

Best regards,

Get an answer from our members and Crossray representatives

Crossray Infrared

Features:

• As a default, the Crossray Infrared is powered by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas) but can be converted to natural gas
  • 2 or 4 burner options available, depending on how much cooking space you require. More burners allow you to cook a greater quantity and variety of foods.
  • The BBQ is portable, so you can cook up a feast on a day trip to the park or while away on holidays

Points of praise for the Crossray Infrared:

• The Crossray Infrared heats up quickly, allowing many people to get their BBQ up and running without leaving their family and friends to wait around impatiently
  • Reviewers who purchased this product were impressed with the outstanding customer service they received when contacting the company about any issues they encountered
  • Many reviewers thought the BBQs were great value for money and appreciated the competitive pricing.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

The Crossray Infrared BBQ range has made quite the impression on reviewers, with an outstanding 4.9-star overall rating. Standout factors which helped to achieve the 2021 ProductReview award include a fast-heating speed, effortless ease of use and reassuring safety features.

Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared

Crossray 4-Burner Built-In

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $899.00$1,299.00$1,399.00$1,299.00
TypeBuilt-InFreestandingFreestandingBuilt-In
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialAluminium and Porcelain / CeramicAluminium and Porcelain / CeramicCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking and Temperature Gauge
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 560 x 635 x 505 mm1255 x 1405 x 505 mm1255 x 1685 x 505 mm560 x 910 x 505 mm
Weight28 kg38 kg48 kg33 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPGLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 2244
Gas Rate 26 mJ/hr26 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared