Weber Q Series

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

4.4

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (61) · No (6)
  • Safety
aoe j.

aoe j.Sydney, NSW

Stopped working within 2 months

Purchased in August 2020 for A$400.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Amazing BBQ, even after 5 years!

Had an issue with my lid and it was replaced without question!!! These guys absolutely rock. Never had such amazing customer service and the product simple speaks for itself! Epic

Purchased in October 2015.

KGro

KGroSydney

Fantastic customer service

Weber's service is exceptional, my igniter had stopped working I called weber customer service and explained I had tried multiple fixes they immediately agreed to send a replacement part. It arrived the next morning and everything is working perfectly. This is how customer service should be and why people are loyal to the brand. Thanks Weber

Scott

Scott

Great support and warranty service

The true reflection of a company is how they handle when things go wrong.
Weber service is above and beyond. Emily is a gem!
I had an issue where the cook box had melted part of the plastic frame on my 4 year old BBQ, they replaced all of the affected parts without question, without charge and they arrived in a couple of days.
Other organisations could learn from these guys about how to look after customers!

Luke brown

Luke brown

Great can’t fault it. Excellent for camping and home

We don’t cook any meat in side the house anymore because the Webber Q make the food taste so much better for everything and you can even bake in it as well

Purchased in January 2020 at BCF.

Montague

Montague

Worth it

The Weber Q works great. Weber service is phenomenal.

I needed a replacement for the burner since it had gotten clogged and wasn’t lighting properly. I called Weber. They asked when I purchased it. They said no problem. Took my details and sent me a new one at no cost. No paperwork. No hassles. This was amazing service.

Sure it costs more to buy a Weber. But after that experience I’m a customer for life.

Purchased in January 2016.

Ruth T.

Ruth T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great

This is a really neat piece of equipment
You’ve got to look after it though to get all the benefits.
Keep it clean.
Pizzas are awesome cooked in my Webber Q. Definitely recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$480.00.

DBR

DBR

Love this BBQ!

Love Crispy skin salmon on this BBQ! Super easy to clean and take to a park/ beach and cooks food beautifully. We just keep it on a little table in the backyard with the cover on. Great investment. We used to have a large 4 burner with a hood and we barely use it, whereas we use this weber regularly. Great size for the two of us, and fine for cooking for guests too. Buy the half plate too - very handy.

Purchased in November 2019.

Employer

Employer

Genesis bbq

Can't understand why anyone would buy a cheaper, inferior bbq.
I bought my Genesis 10 years ago. Works perfectly, and whenever there is a minor problem, Weber fix it at no cost with no fuss.
Would buy another one again in a heartbeat.

BrianB

BrianBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant BBQ. Better thank I expected.

The Weber Q2000 gas BBQ purchased in Dec 2019 is easy to use and cooks brilliantly, better than my old monster. I must say it cooks better than I expected. Cooking with the lid down was a little weird to get used to but it really does do a fabulous job. Recommend this product and the Good Guys who I bought it from were knowledgeable and helped me choose the right BBQ for what we needed. They didnt try to sell me the most expensive model.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$398.00.

Mark

MarkVictoria

Was a great bbq

Have had this bbq for a few years now. Loved it early days and used it 3-4 times a week. Lately it seems to have lost a bit of heat while cooking, originally thought it was the gas bottle but unfortunately wasn’t.

Doesn’t cook anywhere near as good as it used to. Disappointed because I loved my weber q when it was working perfectly

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Raegan M.

Raegan M.Hunter Region, NSW

Best BBQ going

Love our Webber. We bought the stand Which makes it easy to wheel around. We have taken it with us to the beach, camping etc. Easy to use and hasn’t skipped a beat.

Purchased in January 2015.

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Second Webber now and still great bbqs

This is my second Webber Q. While my old one only had a single grill plate this new one has two half plates which makes it easy to swap one side for a solid plate and the other a grill.

Essential to buy a trivet trust me as it lets you then use the BBq as an oven.

Cool times are fast and food always flavoursome while remaining efficient on gas.

Cleaning can be a bit difficult and fat trays are intentionally made a weird size to make you buy the over priced ones from Webber.

Purchased in December 2019 at Blue sky outdoor experts for A$480.00.

Best BBQ!

We love our Webber. We got given it as a house warming gift and we use it for nearly all our meat. Cooks even and relatively quick! Easy to clean. Would recommend.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$499.00.

Mark B.

Mark B.South East Queensland, QLD

Best BBQ we have ever owned

This would have to be the best BBQ we have ever owned - we literally use it almost every day for everything, From grilling to baking, it does an extremely nice job of everything. Definitely worth paying the extra for the Premium model with the temp gauge on it.

Purchased for A$648.00.

Sarita

SaritaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love our WeberQ - take it everywhere with us!

Would never look back. Use this weber in our backyard, at the beach, in the bush - it comes everywhere with us. Easy to clean, easy to carry and transport (fits comfortably in the car boot - sides fold in, which is handy).
Cooks beef like a boss (can't beat that smokey weber-ed taste!!), grilled chicken, BBQ corncobs, mushroom sauce in alfoil, potato bake, zucchini muffins ... you name it. Can fit a surprising amount of food, and easily feeds our extended family.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for A$388.00.

Erin

ErinSydney, NSW

Perfect for apartment balconies

Reliable and easy. It looks small, but it's large enough to cook for guests (you can do an entire chicken on it, or a mix of smaller meats and vegetables). The perfect size for an apartment balcony. It seems to be efficient on gas, it's held up well over the years (no sign of rust or other damage from the weather) and still works like new. Definitely would recommend it!

Purchased in October 2012.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Peter Smith

Peter Smith

The best small BBQ ever

My friend bought this as a house warming gift. It keeps heat very well and cooks meat perfectly.
I use it for family dinner also sometimes take it with me to cook for family party in the park.

EFP

EFP

Best steak!

Best steak I’ve ever had cooked on a home bbq! Can’t wait to see what else we can cook on it - excited for pizza and roasts! Very glad to purchase the premium version.

Bill

BillCentral Queensland, QLD

Best barbeque I have ever owned.

Had for 5 years loved it, wife bought me a zigler and brown, had it for a year now nowhere near as good as the weber, will be buying another weber very soon.

Purchased in March 2014 for A$400.00.

GroveChooks

GroveChooksasked

Q Series

We are thinking of buying the rotisserie attachment. What experiences have you had with the rotisserie and would you recommend it?

Ashley D

Ashley Dasked

Q Series

I have been looking for a second hand Weber Q2000 patio cart, why cant i find one anywhere. Not even one! any ideas why no one is selling these second hand?

Weber
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ashely, it might be because everyone is loving theirs so much, they don't want to part with them!

You can find new ones here, and we have free shipping at the moment: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/merchandise-and-more/carts/weber-q-patio-cart/6524.html

John Stephenson

John Stephensonasked

Q Standard (Q2000)

I have been running my Weber Q on bottled gas. Can i use it on town gas without some sort of modification?

Weber
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, it depends on whether you're using Natural gas through the connection, or if there is a central LPG supply that the town uses.

Best to give us a call on 1300301290 and have your serial number handy and we can let you know for sure what you'll need to change over :) Thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Compare all 6 Weber Q Series
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) A$469.00A$499.00A$479.00A$509.00
TypePortablePortablePortablePortable
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill and HoodedGrill and HoodedGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature Gauge
Colour / FinishTitanium, BlackTitanium, BlackBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Dimensions 369 x 1306 x 496 mm369 x 1306 x 496 mm394 x 1306 x 496 mm394 x 1306 x 496 mm
Weight16 kg16 kg16.5 kg16.5 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 1111
Gas Rate 12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 6 Weber Q Series