Weber Q Series

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Ease of use

• Outstanding customer service

• Great value for money

• Convenient folding side tables

Cons

• Slow to reach optimum temperature

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (64) · No (7)
  • Safety

Worst bbq I've ever owned MADE OF PLASTIC.

Purchased in December 2017 at Weber for $499.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
leahmac

leahmacNorth Queensland, QLD

Oh my goodness the customer service is incredible!!!

I received an email from Weber - I broke our BBQ (my fault) and it was not covered by warranty. Weber honoured the breakage and sent free parts. Love my Weber!!!!

Purchased in December 2016.

grant

grant

Solid BBQ that will last for years.

Purchased in January 2008.

Piers n Mel D.

Piers n Mel D.

Great BBQ even better customer service

I use this pretty much instead of my oven or frypan. Cooks all roasts / meats efficiently and they taste great. Easy to clean as you go. Customer service is A1

Purchased in February 2013 at Outdoor living for $330.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Piers n Mek D, thanks for your review! We're so happy to hear that you're loving your Weber Q!

aoe j.

aoe j.Sydney, NSW

Stopped working within 2 months

Purchased in August 2020 for $400.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Amazing BBQ, even after 5 years!

Had an issue with my lid and it was replaced without question!!! These guys absolutely rock. Never had such amazing customer service and the product simple speaks for itself! Epic

Purchased in October 2015.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi James, thanks for your great feedback! Happy Barbecuing!

KGro

KGroSydney

Fantastic customer service

Weber's service is exceptional, my igniter had stopped working I called weber customer service and explained I had tried multiple fixes they immediately agreed to send a replacement part. It arrived the next morning and everything is working perfectly. This is how customer service should be and why people are loyal to the brand. Thanks Weber

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review and feedback! We're always happy to help whenever you may need. Happy Barbecuing!

Scott

Scott

Great support and warranty service

The true reflection of a company is how they handle when things go wrong.
Weber service is above and beyond. Emily is a gem!
I had an issue where the cook box had melted part of the plastic frame on my 4 year old BBQ, they replaced all of the affected parts without question, without charge and they arrived in a couple of days.
Other organisations could learn from these guys about how to look after customers!

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Scott, thanks for your great feedback!
Our barbecues are built to last and made from quality materials but on the off chance you ever do need assistance your Q is backed up with an awesome warranty so we're always happy to help.

Luke brown

Luke brown

Great can’t fault it. Excellent for camping and home

We don’t cook any meat in side the house anymore because the Webber Q make the food taste so much better for everything and you can even bake in it as well

Purchased in January 2020 at BCF.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Luke, thanks for your review! Fantastic to hear you are loving your Weber Q!

Montague

Montague

Worth it

The Weber Q works great. Weber service is phenomenal.

I needed a replacement for the burner since it had gotten clogged and wasn’t lighting properly. I called Weber. They asked when I purchased it. They said no problem. Took my details and sent me a new one at no cost. No paperwork. No hassles. This was amazing service.

Sure it costs more to buy a Weber. But after that experience I’m a customer for life.

Purchased in January 2016.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Montague, thanks for your review and feedback! Happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with your Q.

Ruth T.

Ruth T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great

This is a really neat piece of equipment
You’ve got to look after it though to get all the benefits.
Keep it clean.
Pizzas are awesome cooked in my Webber Q. Definitely recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 for $480.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ruth, thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying cooking pizzas on your Q, if you need more inspiration check out our pizza and bread recipes here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/recipes/pizza-and-bread/weber-201416.html

DBR

DBR

Love this BBQ!

Love Crispy skin salmon on this BBQ! Super easy to clean and take to a park/ beach and cooks food beautifully. We just keep it on a little table in the backyard with the cover on. Great investment. We used to have a large 4 burner with a hood and we barely use it, whereas we use this weber regularly. Great size for the two of us, and fine for cooking for guests too. Buy the half plate too - very handy.

Purchased in November 2019.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear you are loving your Q!

Employer

Employer

Genesis bbq

Can't understand why anyone would buy a cheaper, inferior bbq.
I bought my Genesis 10 years ago. Works perfectly, and whenever there is a minor problem, Weber fix it at no cost with no fuss.
Would buy another one again in a heartbeat.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're glad to hear you love your Genesis and hope it serves you for years to come.

BrianB

BrianBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant BBQ. Better thank I expected.

The Weber Q2000 gas BBQ purchased in Dec 2019 is easy to use and cooks brilliantly, better than my old monster. I must say it cooks better than I expected. Cooking with the lid down was a little weird to get used to but it really does do a fabulous job. Recommend this product and the Good Guys who I bought it from were knowledgeable and helped me choose the right BBQ for what we needed. They didnt try to sell me the most expensive model.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $398.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Brain, fantastic to hear you are loving your Weber Q! Thanks for your review. Happy barbecuing!

Mark

MarkVictoria

Was a great bbq

Have had this bbq for a few years now. Loved it early days and used it 3-4 times a week. Lately it seems to have lost a bit of heat while cooking, originally thought it was the gas bottle but unfortunately wasn’t.

Doesn’t cook anywhere near as good as it used to. Disappointed because I loved my weber q when it was working perfectly

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Even Heat DistributionNo

Raegan M.

Raegan M.Hunter Region, NSW

Best BBQ going

Love our Webber. We bought the stand Which makes it easy to wheel around. We have taken it with us to the beach, camping etc. Easy to use and hasn’t skipped a beat.

Purchased in January 2015.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Raegan, thanks for your review! Glad to hear you have been loving your Weber Q! Happy Barbecuing!

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Second Webber now and still great bbqs

This is my second Webber Q. While my old one only had a single grill plate this new one has two half plates which makes it easy to swap one side for a solid plate and the other a grill.

Essential to buy a trivet trust me as it lets you then use the BBq as an oven.

Cool times are fast and food always flavoursome while remaining efficient on gas.

Cleaning can be a bit difficult and fat trays are intentionally made a weird size to make you buy the over priced ones from Webber.

Purchased in December 2019 at Blue sky outdoor experts for $480.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Daniel, thanks for you review! Great to hear you are enjoying your second Weber Q! Happy Barbecuing!

Best BBQ!

We love our Webber. We got given it as a house warming gift and we use it for nearly all our meat. Cooks even and relatively quick! Easy to clean. Would recommend.

Purchased in February 2017 for $499.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Anestassia, thanks for your review! Glad to hear you are loving your Weber Q!

Mark B.

Mark B.South East Queensland, QLD

Best BBQ we have ever owned

This would have to be the best BBQ we have ever owned - we literally use it almost every day for everything, From grilling to baking, it does an extremely nice job of everything. Definitely worth paying the extra for the Premium model with the temp gauge on it.

Purchased for $648.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mark, fantastic to hear you are loving your Weber Q! Thanks for you review. Happy Barbecuing!

Sarita

SaritaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love our WeberQ - take it everywhere with us!

Would never look back. Use this weber in our backyard, at the beach, in the bush - it comes everywhere with us. Easy to clean, easy to carry and transport (fits comfortably in the car boot - sides fold in, which is handy).
Cooks beef like a boss (can't beat that smokey weber-ed taste!!), grilled chicken, BBQ corncobs, mushroom sauce in alfoil, potato bake, zucchini muffins ... you name it. Can fit a surprising amount of food, and easily feeds our extended family.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $388.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sarita, fantastic to hear you are loving your Weber Q! Glad to hear you are enjoying a range of cooks and if you ever need some inspiration check out our recipes here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/recipes/weber-31811.html

max

maxasked

Q Series

are we able to get any red holding buttons for patio cart, if not how do we alter the position of the ones already in place thanks anyone

Joni

Joniasked

Q 200

Hi, I have a Q200 (bought in 2013). I would like to get a trolley / cart for it. I'm wondering if these would fit the Q200?

The website says it fits the Q2000 and Q1000 only but as far as I've heard, the Q200 and the Q2000 are very similar units

Jess

Jessasked

Q Series

Hi all
I have an old Weber Q, I’m thinking it’s a 220. It’s pretty old and too many parts need replacing to justify repairing it so I’m looking at replacing it.
It’s on the grey and black plastic cart they had back then. If I purchase a Q2000 will it fit on the old cart? I’d rather re-use it than replace it.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

As a 2018 ProductReview Award winner, the Weber Q has been recognised for being a high-quality BBQ series. The Weber Q Series isn’t the current Weber Q Range leader, with the Weber Family Q Series surpassing it in awards, but the series is still a worthwhile investment.

Features:

• Burner tubes are made of stainless steel to prevent rusting
  • Features a cast aluminium lid and body, push button ignition, and cast iron cooking grills
  • Folding side tables: unfold them to prepare meals, then close them back up when you require more space
  • The Weber Q Series is middle of the range, as it’s cheaper than the Weber Family Q Series but more expensive than the Weber Baby Q Series
  • Available in red, black and cream

Points of praise for the Weber Q Series:

• The company was cooperative with sending replacement parts when needed - often at no cost
  • The Weber Q Series is not as compact as the Weber Baby Q Series; however reviewers had no issues when taking a BBQ from the Weber Q Series to the beach or on holidays
  • A wide variety of accessories such as a tool set, half hotplate and grill brush are available to be purchased separately, which allow for variety and creativity in meals
  • Overall, reviewers were pleased with their Weber Q Series BBQ and have found that these BBQs can withstand the test of time.
Compare all 6 Weber Q Series
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $469.00$499.00$479.00$509.00
TypePortablePortablePortablePortable
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill and HoodedGrill and HoodedGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature Gauge
Colour / FinishTitanium, BlackTitanium, BlackBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Dimensions 369 x 1306 x 496 mm369 x 1306 x 496 mm394 x 1306 x 496 mm394 x 1306 x 496 mm
Weight16 kg16 kg16.5 kg16.5 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 1111
Gas Rate 12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 6 Weber Q Series