10Weber Q Series

Verified🏆 2024 Award
4.4

484 reviews · Statistics

86% · 41647 · 10%
Even Heat DistributionYes (74) · No (12)
Safety
Ease of use
Outstanding customer service
Great value for money
Convenient folding side tables
Slow to reach optimum temperature
See the Best BBQs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Weber Q Series484 reviews
williekellick
williekellick

Not the best

Ok, a lot of hype however. Don’t produce a lot of heat. I’ve also come across 3 that have had regulator problems too, apparently common. Wouldn’t buy another one but not throwing it in the dump. Show details
Christel Leilani
Gary M.
Gary M.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
Tim
TimKatoomba28 posts

A great performer and excellent after sales service from Weber

We bought this in 2012 & it gets used to cook our dinner a minimum four times a week now on average. For the first few years, it was used 5-6 times per week. We rarely cleaned it & allowed heaps of crap to build up to the point it caught fire multiple times. Despite this, it always fired up the next time & continued to perform.
It's now 2023. The igniter stopped working. This is the first time somethings gone wrong. I rang the local Weber seller & was told to ring Weber, as they have a lifetime warranty. I rang them & they happily sent out a new one after asking for the serial number. After 11 years, Weber still look after the customer like its a week old. Highly recommend their brand & wouldn't look at anything else. Show details
GCB
GCB9 posts

Good bbq

I had this bbq for 8 years and forwarded it to my cousin as i wanted charcoal only. Big mistake! Must be used with lid down, must check the gas filter ( they get contaminated with mud from bugs, and this stops the bbq from working correctly), otherwise brilliant! Not as hot as some bbq’s because it is designed to be used with the lid down. After a four year run with charcoal only, i want quick results when i need them and gas is it. Looking forward to a new Q2000 soon. Show details
Garry K.
Garry K.4 posts

Great after sales service

Have owned a weber BBQ for 15 plus years. My Push Button Igniter stopped working properly and sent an e-mail to weber about it.. within a day had a reply and within a week had a new Igniter delivered to my door all free of any costs to me.
Fantastic service and product. just purchased another Baby Q for our Caravan. Thanks Weber. Show details ·  1
Robert
RobertWAPeel, WA2 posts

Wont get hot

1 hour of preheat and not even 250. Cant open it to put food in because loose the heat. Another hour to heat up again. Pathetic Show details
Peter B.
Peter B.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Me or the BBQ?

After finding the Ziegler would only last one BBQ season, I was starting to question myself about my maintenance habits. Wondering if I need to bring the BBQ inside at night. I finally decided to step up and am I glad I did. I purchased a Weber Q from Aussie BBQs and Fireplaces at Capalaba. (www.aussiebbqs.com.au) who were super helpful. I highly recommend them if you are in Brisbane area and need a BBQ or Fireplace. But back to the Webber - it has now lasted 3 BBQ season. Still good as new. Starts first go. I even leave the lid open a fair bit. So if you are struggling with cheap BBQ's and ready to make the leap then do it. I love my Q and not having to buy a new BBQ every year. Show details
davidspero1
davidspero1NSWSydney, NSW11 posts

Best Ever

Apart from The Family Q I proudly own, their after sales service is absolutely unbeatable . Yesterdays phone call with lady operator for a small part was just incredible. Sorry I never got her name Show reply
avoid metricon
avoid metriconVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Why did I buy this?

If you want to use your barby as an oven this is great. If you dont want to steam your steak with the lid closed then move on because the weber only gets hot enough to cook with the lid closed. So if you want a high heat to sizzle char perfectly your sirloin dont buy one of these or you will be bitterly disappointed. Show details
Safety
Jayson & Niki
Jayson & NikiNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Great! Bbq BUT!

Great bbq we love using our Weber BUT as you can see the photo the plastic fittings on the inside of the handles they’ve melted not sure why you’d put plastic there. Show details ·  1
duesseldorf67
duesseldorf67NSWSydney, NSW62 posts
Geoff
GeoffWASouth West, WA16 posts
  Q Series

Weber Thermometers fail at battery change

I have used two different Weber thermometers; the 6741 and 6742. Both worked very well until I needed to change their batteries.
As soon as the original batteries supplied with both units were flat I replaced them, noting the direction in which the pos/neg were inserted and insuring the new batteries were inserted correctly.
Both units failed immediately displaying a frozen blue screen.
I'm very interested to find out if other people have had the same experience.

Donna
Donna · Q Standard (Q2000) LPG

What's the difference between Weber Q2000 and Weber Q2000 classic 2nd generation? I have just purchased the classic 2nd gen. I have seen a few queries regarding the hose supplied not fitting a standard LPG 9kg gas bottle. Why would that be?

Tom

Sorry not sure,when I purchased my weber Q the only other model that I'm aware of had a higher lid and a temperature gauge in the lid which would be handy at times.Maybe that's the difference between the models your interested in?.

Jenni
Jenni · Q Series

Hi, is it common for the hotbox to melt the cradle?

Tom

I don't believe it is common but it does happen, wife melted our first weber q cradle due to fat tray under bbq not being replaced before cooking so be aware of this.only bonus we have some spare parts now.

Crooked1 · Q Standard (Q2000) LPG

When exactly is the flashback arrest or available in WA- pls !?

Tom

Sorry but the text I received on my phone I'm unable to understand I, something about a spark arrester in wa is as close as I can work out sorry not able to help you.

Weber   DM

Hi there, Our innovative flame safeguard device for the Weber Baby Q has been reviewed and accepted by all Australian State and New Zealand Gas Regulators and is in the final stages of certification. It will be launched later in 2023.

Crooked1

Later then what ? This month or ??

As a 2018 ProductReview Award winner, the Weber Q has been recognised for being a high-quality BBQ series. The Weber Q Series isn’t the current Weber Q Range leader, with the Weber Family Q Series surpassing it in awards, but the series is still a worthwhile investment.

Features:

• Burner tubes are made of stainless steel to prevent rusting
  • Features a cast aluminium lid and body, push button ignition, and cast iron cooking grills
  • Folding side tables: unfold them to prepare meals, then close them back up when you require more space
  • The Weber Q Series is middle of the range, as it’s cheaper than the Weber Family Q Series but more expensive than the Weber Baby Q Series
  • Available in red, black and cream

Points of praise for the Weber Q Series:

• The company was cooperative with sending replacement parts when needed - often at no cost
  • The Weber Q Series is not as compact as the Weber Baby Q Series; however reviewers had no issues when taking a BBQ from the Weber Q Series to the beach or on holidays
  • A wide variety of accessories such as a tool set, half hotplate and grill brush are available to be purchased separately, which allow for variety and creativity in meals
  • Overall, reviewers were pleased with their Weber Q Series BBQ and have found that these BBQs can withstand the test of time.
Compare all Weber Q Series listings
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $469$479$509$499
TypePortablePortablePortablePortable
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill and HoodedGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded and Temperature GaugeGrill and Hooded
Dimensions 369 x 1306 x 496 mm394 x 1306 x 496 mm394 x 1306 x 496 mm369 x 1306 x 496 mm
Weight16 kg16.5 kg16.5 kg16 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPGNatural GasNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 1111
Gas Rate 12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr12.7 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishTitanium, BlackBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, TitaniumTitanium, Black
Awards 2018 and 20242018 and 20242018 and 20242018 and 2024