Gasmate Rio

Gasmate Rio

MPN: G2006C

See the Best Gas BBQs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Doesn’t bbq meat just stews it poor heat

This bbq does not get hot enough, stews the meat. Purchased January 2018 from BCF. Temperature gauge doesn’t move. Expensive and not upto the job. Will be taking it back for a refund. Heat varies greatly across the bbq plates. On high the flame can hardly be seen. I have used this bbq several times and unfortunately it’s stewed the meat each time.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Gary BWimmera

great little unit.

Very happy with this small bbq. Easy clean non stick coating, just need to be careful using metal bbq tools coating can be scratched Mainly used on stand but can fit easily into boot for transporting. Fat drains into drip tray that can be cleaned easily . Fed 6 people off the BBQ just before Xmas. The compactness and easy clean features make it a winner in my book.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

xrojoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent BBQ, Perferct for camping and Slow roasts

This BBQ is great, I researched and purchased so many inferior portable BBQ's before this one.
I was considering the Webber Q but the price always put me off, I have used this BBQ for almost 2 years now and it has been great, from slow roast porks, pizza and normal BBQ food it has never let me down.
The BBQ is super easy to keep clean, the plates are easy and light weight to remove and keep clean also.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Sarahndean

SarahndeanRutherford nsw

All good

Had a small issue when plate got a bit out of shape but Gasmate sent me a brand new set and a new hose and bigger regulator, not bad value really. Stand included as well as temp gauge. Comparable size weber and stand is over $600? For a picni, caravan or balcony it's a good unit!

Love love love

This is the best money I have ever spent. As a camping oven, I can cook anything that I cook at home away camping. Roasts come out tender and moist and pizzas crispy and yummy. I would completely recommend this bbq to anyone, to use at home and away. Love it

Jen HarveyBroome

Fantastic BBQ

We purchased this because we were housesitting and wanted to take it with us where ever we went. It is extremely light but fantastic to cook on. We cook all our roasts on it and it has handled several large parties. One of the best buys we have made and the Teflon plates makes it extremely easy to clean.
Light and easy to transport, cooks well

Sonya Hutton

Sonya HuttonQLD, 4051

Best BBQ!

This bbq is great quality. It will last a liftime, not like those cheap ones from bunnings. Bought this one from stratco for $180.00. Hotplates are so easy to clean, just wipe off with a damp cloth. Fits in the boot of car for a family bbq at the beach or park. With the lid down, it reached 200 degrees in 5 mins, great to use as an oven. I put a large alfoil cooking tray in with a chook and vegies and perfectly cooked golden brown in just under an hour.
Easy to clean, no maintenance

Paulasked

My gasmate rio takes a really long time to cook. Well over half an hour to cook sausages with the temp on high. Is there something i can do to help it heat up quicker?

Gary B

Do you heat the plate up first before putting on the sausages ? I find this world for me and cuts down cooking time.

xrojo

I found the best way is to preheat the bbq with the lid closed for at least 15 minutes before you want to cook. I usually cook the snags with the lid closed periodically and open it to turn the sausages. You don’t need to cook with the lid down however pre heating is essential

Paul

Will give that a go. Thanks

Aimeej

Aimeejasked

Can someone please tell me how tall this stands with the stand? It looks small in the pictures I've seen. Thanks

From the base to the top of the lid is 900mm high
From the base to the cooking surface is 740mm high

wisewooasked

Have just purchased one from BCF. The lid does not close all the way with the hot plates installed. Is this the way it is meant to be? Also the small hot plate wobbles a fair bit...anyone else had issues with theirs?

Jen Harvey

No the lid should close properly. The hot plates overlap each other so make sure that they are connected properly. The grill plate is the first and the flat plate overlaps that.

wisewoo

Thank you for your reply. The manufacturer is replacing the product as they believe it is faulty. Just have to travel 250kms to pick it up!

Kim
Kim

Check out review 4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016 > You might have the same issue????

Get an answer from our members and Gasmate representatives

CategoryGas BBQs