Latitude Gem Visa

Latitude Gem Visa

Pros

• 6 Months Interest Free on purchases over $250 with participating retailers

• Three 0% Interest Payment Plans to choose from

Cons

• $99 Annual Fee

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• Payment Handling Fees ($0.95 online, $2.50 in person)

• High 24.99% p.a. Purchase Rate

3.3

JoshB

JoshBSouth Australia

Never again.

John F.

John F.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

dealing with latitude gem overall good experience

the experience of using your card overseas was very good, but I do have problems getting a balance on the internet....hard to log on.i I understand covet19 restrictions but customer service is very important

It is great

Great customer service and very happy with the services.hopeful for the same service in future.Thanks for your great service.
I am happy to recommend this card to my friends and family members.

Kerrie

KerrieHunter Region, NSW

Not happy with service at all

I am not happy at all with Latitude Gem Visa as when i ring I cannot get through to speak to anyone. On-Line is so hard to even get on to make payment.
Paid off my interest free plan on 17.4.20, received email from Latitude on 6.5.20 congratulating me for paying off my interest free plan and now on 7.7.20 I receive a statement saying I now owe $129.00 And have an overdue amount of $25.00, and I cannot get through to discuss with anyone

Dissappointed

DissappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Request Not that Difficult OR is it?

In order to close an account ,it seems you need to jump through hoops.I phoned only to speak with someone with minimal english skills and told I would need to call back in a few days to do the final closure if account.I asked why I would need to do that when there is a form online to fill out . A few days passed so I did the online form and still not closed a week later.
I called again and said I wanted the account closed.
On the account now it states ," Sorry you have lost or had your card stolen....you will receive a new one within two weeks"

NO....This is Not what I spoke about OR requested.
THIS needs to be corrected and Not ignored.

NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Be aware

Be careful around eftpos machines. My wallet was too close (apparently) and the Gem Visa card processed the transaction from my wallet instead of the card I intended to use.

Credit assessors don’t know how to read payslips! Do NOT RECOMMEND

Gem finance is the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time and do not recommend the company if you have an alternative option. The customer service representative doesn’t understand the basic concept of reading a payslip. They requested a letter stating the pay frequency, the average salary and a few other options. I’m on a salary so this is confusing why they are requesting average salary. They don’t know how to read a payslip and are getting confused with salary. I don’t know how a finance company employees performing credit assessments don’t understand how to read a payslip.

• Special Purchases

idk How to pay it off I have been given no information on how to pay no login details or card number

Honestly the worst thing I have ever signed up for. I regret even doing it. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone And I still haven’t even received my card. D

Corgz

CorgzPerth, WA

Simple perfect

Bought a laptop was simple an easy purchase no complaints here jb hi fi was great latitude was awsome would Highly recommend to anyone who has doubts 5 stars from me

Card Start DateFebruary 2016

Kim M.

Kim M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome

Happy and impressed how easy it was to make a purchase it was just like using a credit card except there's no interest to pay for at least 6months which won't take long to pay the amount back

Andy

AndyPerth, WA

Old card

Went to finalise purchase and realised I had expired card.We set this up 5years ago to buy furniture etc and vowed not to use the card again until paid off so cut up new card when arrived.so went to purchase game console for kids and forgot about cutting up new card and presented old expired card without realising.shop made phone call and was all processed no problems,very happy with service.

Jillian W.

Jillian W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointment after disappointment

Ben

Ben

Regular Marketing messages, but NEVER received a single statement!

They have no problem, getting the card out to you, or sending heaps of Marketing. Yet somehow I never received a single statement!
First and only correspondence = overdue notice.

No worries, paid out - will never use or recommend ever again, only used out of convenience, not necessity.

And you can keep your ridiculous $30 late fee and $2.50 paper invoice (which was never received) fee.

BTW: How can you honestly justify a paper statement fee, when you don't charge a fee for all the wasted paper in marketing and other correspondence?

Card Start DateApril 2020
  • Special Purchases

Not recommending this product to anyone.

Charging you more on repayments and they always have a reason for that. I had a zero interest loan but there was always some hidden charges. The worst part was they didn’t tell me about their fees at the beginning.

chloeeejoy

chloeeejoyDarwin, NT

Dodgy dodgy

Ridiculous fees and they can’t even tell you what for. Don’t answer phone ( hold time over 3 hours ) and don’t get back to only enquires. Not impressed with any of this.

Card Start DateMay 2017

Wouldn’t do it again

I’ve had nothing but issues with Latitude Gem since the day I got the card. Went through Amart to purchase furniture I which was fine up until the direct debit $700 from my account without permission. I had had several conversations with them advising I had returned an incorrectly charged chair and was waiting on that amount to be credited to my account. So instead of waiting for this to happen they charged me a $30 late fee and debited the amount from my account. This has left me short on my fortnightly bills I can’t afford to pay until the amount is returned which I AM STILL WAITING ON

Card Start DateApril 2020
Peta L.

Peta L.Perth, WA

Great service!

Recently had to change my personal details, I was very happy with the efficiency and much a speedy turn over. Very quick to acknowledge payments made to account. Thanks Gemvisa for making it easy

Card Start DateJuly 2014
Sarah

SarahHunter Region, NSW

Perfect! Easy to use :)

No hassle in using Latitude Gem
visa, easy application, easy purchase, very accomodating and responsive with inquiries, the right credit card to use, and the terms and conditions are reasonable! Thank you

Clubby

ClubbyAdelaide

Wrong in every way

Documentation I was given in the beginning had my card number and login details but I couldn’t log in to try and make payment. My card arrived today. Completely different.

Lei

LeiSouth East Queensland, QLD

False promises from accounts team

I wanted to close my account and a lady straight offered me 50% discount on what was owing, upon paying this I called back and was told this should have never been offered to me.

Card Start DateJuly 2019