Latitude Gem Visa

Latitude Gem Visa

Pros

• 6 Months Interest Free on purchases over $250 with participating retailers

• Three 0% Interest Payment Plans to choose from

Cons

• $99 Annual Fee

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• Payment Handling Fees ($0.95 online, $2.50 in person)

• High 24.99% p.a. Purchase Rate

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Very Slow Application Processing Time

Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Have used with large purchases before and have always had great customer service. Rates are comparable with other finance companies and I love the interest free options. Always pay off before expiry.

Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Great service. Great product.

Just unsure why my month payment is so high? I have a 50 months interest free and with the payments you require we will be paid off way before that? Don't understand? Cheers

Toni

ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had no problems

I havent used my card overseas. But I may in the future. I find gem visa to be fair in their fees and customer service is good. I have no complaints

Card Start DateFebruary 2018

Kat

KatWestern Australia

Great service and help when needed. Rates are high as with every credit card but easy company to deal with. Online portal quick to set up and phone calls to the service centre answered in oksy amount of time.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

PaulMaroo

PaulMaroo

Just bad. You'll find out if you ever need help with anything - BEWARE of LATITUDE.

I absolutely hate this company. Their lack of customer service is disgusting for a financial service. With all the negative reviews on this, and the GE Creditline page - I'm surprised that they aren't being investigated.

The off-shore call centre operators cannot comprehend simple instructions. Spoke to several people who all made promises and never delivered. I've spent far too long on hold, or just on the phone in general - only to have to do the exact same thing again the following week!

Honestly, they don't have a clue what you're telling them and they will just pacify you with false promises until you give up.

Oh - if you ever get through to TANVI - just hang up and try again as she is not only rude, but incompetent.

Chubba

ChubbaHobart, TAS

Too much hassles

Tried to get a finance for a 1200 dollar worth furniture shopping. Turned out they requested tonnes of paper to prove that i could pay back that amount of loan...i mean seriously, little over my weekly pay. On the top of that, their accent is really hard to understand. I mean i have a strong one as well therefore i would never even consider to work as a customer service representative.
To be honest they were trying to be helpful but their company's strict rules made it impossible to proceed...anyway i just cancelled the whole procedure and went back to the store to pay the whole amount with my other credit card. Cheers

ripped off

ripped offGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sly and dishonnest

Total rip off, paid off loan amount on interest free and then the statements stopped and the annual fee was charged to my account without me knowing. Then I received a $25 late payment fee for something I didnt even know existed. Trying to close my account, filled in the forms and now almost a week later they still have not closed the account. Sly!

Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Total scam. They withdrew less out of my account every month so I had to pay interest at the end!

Scam. Supposed to withdraw enough each month so I had the mattress paid off after 24 months. Kept withdrawing less each month so at 24 months I still owed $1000. 6 months later and I only realise I'm still paying it off and half my monthly repayments are interest!! Total scam

Card Start DateMay 2017
Adrian V.

Adrian V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Garbage

Absolute rip off , statement say pay off say 40 dollars to avoid interest then the very next week it's 800 dollars had 2 purchases 1 12 month interest free and 1 36 month interest free no one could tell me why the money I paid wouldn't predominantly come off the 12 month plan.
Not impressed at all false advertising read the fine print

Card Start DateDecember 2018

Scott

ScottCanberra 2600, ACT

My go to card!

Been using my GEM/Latitude Visa for years now and always gets me outta trouble when waiting for pay day. Interests rates are high but the plans they have in place for spending certain amount and 0% interest if paid within specified time frames works for me

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

Purchase was good but the backend sucks

I used my card and got my del done which is expected. My account is a mess though I am unable to see my electronic statements and the amount is incorrect. Granted I could have done more to fix it but needed to fill the 30 words this survey is taking....

Card Start DateMay 2018

KJJ

KJJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service. Huge amount of wasted time

This review is a huge waste of time like the customer service staff at latitude finance. Shocked with the amount of time I wasted dealing what should have been a simple request...

Card Start DateMarch 2016

Great card and service

I have not used it overseas. This survey is annoying specially need to add 30 words? Why it is so complicated? Time is money and need to understand it. Thanks

Lisa B.

Lisa B.Illawarra, NSW

not impressed

Website not always easy to access, went to make a payment more frequently online and it "Was not Available" a few times, which means i could not make a payment.

Vai

VaiPerth, WA

Loved Latitude Gem Visa - Awesome!

Managed to get what I needed and I am so happy with what I've got from Super Amart,now I can afford good quality stuff using Gem Visa Card Thank you LGV.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

So lucky and happy to b a part of gem visa

I have already used my gem visa. It was so simple and easy. I'm very happy.. The application process was very easy and very quick. I have yet to use my gem visa

Back up card

I use it as a back up card for unexpected expenses. Overall it's a credit card with competitive interest rate. Customer service is fast and responsive with issues that arises.

Card Start DateApril 2017

Alexa

AlexaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great card, helped me get the things I needed.

Like the interest free options. The upfront annual fee was a little quick, coming onto my account in less than three weeks of obtaining the card though. Otherwise great card.

Card Start DateMay 2019

Lynny

LynnyHunter Region, NSW

Gem visa has been a life saver

Gem visa has enabled me to purchase many things that I have needed over the years with growing children. It's easy and great to use. I can't live without it.

Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Special Purchases