Latitude Gem Visa

Latitude Gem Visa

See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Latitude Financial

Pros

6 Months Interest Free on purchases over $250 with participating retailers
Three 0% Interest Payment Plans to choose from
No Annual Fee

Cons

Monthly Account Service fee of $8.95, applied to balances of $10 or more
3% International Transaction Fee
Payment Handling Fees ($0.95 online, $2.50 in person)
High 21.45% p.a. Purchase Rate

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000.00
Minimum Repayments3%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate21.45% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30.00
Annual Fee$0.00 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate24.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Rate 0% interest for 6 months on purchases over $250
Release date

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Slowest service ever!!!

Slowest Service ever! I wanted pay the amount in full to close the account and I did. They charged 21.45% purchase rate to close the account. Tried to contact them to find what it is for and takes ages to reach them. This is one of the slowest service. It takes your half a day. Regret signing to this crappiest financial service. Its like one person is handling thousands calls sitting on customer service desk.

Harry
HarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very poor customer service

Latitude charged interest despite paying in full and being ahead on repayments. Unable to contact customer service for over a week now. Regret giving business to Latitude. Will stop using their GEM Visa product.

Gina59
Gina59Mid North Coast, NSW

Have GEM visa Card - paid by BPAY when they finally allowed it, still charge 0.95c for the Privilege

Using OS is great making monthly payments is really the pits. I always pay much more & never pay interest ever. Latitute has this perverse system where one has to pay for use of BPAY. They recently changed sending email to say set up BPAY but nothing about continuing to pay the 0.95c for the privilege for using it. I did just that paid $1000 & got charged 0.95c, so I will not be doing that ever again. Latitude needed to say in the email that BPAY would still attract the charge so one knew one would still be paying for the privilege of paying the card but that's Latitude for you

Psytrix
PsytrixSouth East Queensland, QLD

Destroyed my perfect credit rating

Applied for a Gem Visa so I could take advantage of the long interest free periods offered by HN & JB - the process took over two weeks with any phone communication being extremely difficult to understand due to the language barrier. I was confident I'd be granted the card due to a high salary and PERFECT credit rating, everything seemed to be going smoothly until I was randomly decline right at the end. I'm fine with being declined, however I'm NOT HAPPY that my perfect credit has now been DESTROYED with Latitudes negative mark on it for the next 5 YEARS. Absolutely horrible company to deal with and now they've made it more difficult to seek credit anywhere in the future. Thanks guys!

Bess
Bess

Rubbish, untrained staff, terrible business process

Oh spending its not a problem, bugs inwebsite, get logged out and cant get back on, cant reach anyone to get help when needed, and staff as I said, just untrained and useless in product knowledge, systems that DONT keep track of progress.

walkaboutchrisFar North Queensland, QLD

The worst. Don't bother calling either.

Every action I have had from them has been rude and insulting. Despite the fact that every fiscal dealing from my end has been more than up to snuff. Will NEVER use them again. Call center is the very worst I've ever dealt with. Now they are intentionally blocking my account, making it impossible to make a payment so they can try to default me. BEWARE.

walkaboutchris

This company is a scam trying to appear legit

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Maria V.
Maria V.Sydney, NSW

Awful customer service and inaccurate and unfair credit reporting

Lalit the supervisor was extremely unhelpful and frustrating to deal with. He insisted on a position where a missed payment was recorded on my credit file because it failed to reach their account in time because of a bank holiday. He would not consider the circumstances and agree to lift the missed payment report even though I have been paying consistently on the same day every month without an issue. I will be taking this further and seeking a review by the relevant regulator of these unfair practices

Rates and Fees
kinga d.
kinga d.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Worst customer service

I applied for credit card, they simply declined with no reasoning. By the way they did not call me or emailed me to say it is been declined, I have follow up after more than 2 weeks. worst service.

lolita h.
lolita h.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Please Don’t use

I’ve had a Gem Visa for about 4 year & though Covid l reached out to them for hardship & it was the worse thing l have ever done…I’m not a smart women & for this reason my credit history is a mess.. I have tried talking to them & getting nowhere all they keep say is well you should have known better… if l knew better l would have never have got a Gem Visa please people ask a friend family anyone one else but this company for help l have 1 last payment to make & l will free of this card please don’t cause yourself any pain anxiety or stress the staff in the hardship team have no communication skills at all

If I could give a 0 I would

Terrible company & services!!
I got a gem visa end of 2020. I paid off feb 2021 as got a debt consolidation loan. Amount to cancel account was confirmed and paid and emailed through info and screenshot and account was going to be closed. Then last month (we’re talking a year later) I got a text to say I owed $20. Which I paid - ok accounts not been closed. There then saying I owe more money which I do not and they ring me 5+ times a day which is also harassment asking for this money. Dirt poor service

Don’t go with this group. It’s far from easy

I used Gem finance attracted by their interest free 2 year term to buy a computer
I set up an automatic payment using all the details they provided. They have consistently not acknowledged my payments and I’m on my third call to them to sort waiting over an hour each time. They then send me late payment penalties and interest charges Trying to get information from them such as now you’ve finally found my payments how can I pay off balance and get rid of you- is extremely arduous Twice I’ve called and they found all my payment s only to send another late letter this month. Very frustrating!!

Jay R.
Jay R.Perth, WA

All foreign staff

No Australian staff that speak and understand english, incredibly frustrating company to deal with, would not recommend this company as they clearly just want to rip their customers off and not supply any real customer service and to scam interest out of you even when you have paid back well before the interest free period

Heathen
HeathenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Such a scam

This is my first and last time I am using it, so many hidden fees and charges, it is like never ending story. Please people don't get involved with this.

Card Start DateMarch 2018
Adam W.
Adam W.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

It took 17 days for my application to even get a credit check, by then my preorder was already released.

Won't bother, their customer service took 3 days to even reply to me and all they did was direct me somewhere else, I would honestly just avoid this company as their priority certainly isn't their customers.

Online Experience