Genesis Bamboo Flooring

Genesis Bamboo Flooring

See the Best Timber Flooring in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kazzie

KazzieSydney

Be wary of Genesis Bamboo Flooring - it expands far more than stated

Our floor was laid mid 2016 in the summer of 2016-17 we had extreme expansion. The laying was not the best job. We have had bamboo flooring in a previous house. The retailer didn’t want to fix without some payment. We had to employ carpenters to cut a larger gap around the external of the living room. Now this year, 2018, the kitchen area has tented - upstairs and the hallway downstairs. Back to pulling off skirting - you can see it is jammed against the walls. Then there will be the cutting; refixing of skirting and repainting. What a mess! I am recommending that you look at other alternatives to Genesis. We wish we knew before we purchased. We spent over $15,000 on our floors.

Warped bamboo flooring

Same happened to my floor. The flooring was laid prior to my purchasing the house so I have no idea who the installer was

MargoBrisbane

Splintering

Handscaped effect to make it appear weathered causes surface to be rough and catch on cloth. This has caused the surface to splinter leaving more rough holes in surface. Splinters produced as evidence ignored by Genesis. Do not buy this brand. The sample we ordered from was NOT representative of the distress marks in the boards.

Margo

Flooring Xtra Browns Plains have since looked at the floor and acknowledged the differences compared to the sample. There has been reassurance given that the floor has a warranty. We will see how we go over time.

Tim

TimWellington Point

Beware

Over $10000 spent. In high humidity our floor expands HEAPS. Installer says that the floor has expanded beyond manufacturer specifications. Company rep says mmmmmmmm. Hard work getting company to respond and assess. No word 2 weeks after assessment. We can't let 94yo Grandma visit because of tripping hazard. Have to straddle the ridge in our floor to get to the fridge or the pantry. Not acceptable and response from both manufacturer and retailer has been woeful. Might pay to be wary of this product.

Kilcoy80Shoalhaven

OK but extremely poor customer service from importer

Some boards were obviously flawed, and this was confirmed by flooring supplier, however, when the importer sent a rep to examine he said there was nothing wrong it and it was our fault that there were gouge marks and scratches in it. He spoke to us as if we were children, no respect or manners, let alone "the customer is always right".

Confused

Thinking of putting Genesis bamboo throughout our house - these reviews are conflicting. Who do you believe . Further opinions sought

Peaches

Peachessydney

Great product excellent customer service

Couldn't be happier with my floor was just what I was looking for. Cleaning is a breeze and with kids this makes life so much easier . I get so many compliments from friends

Run away Other bamboos ok just not theirs

My bamboo floors started peeling and bubbling after only 4 months.
They blamed it on me using a damp mop for the damage.
What a load of nonsense.
Chasing through fair trading at the minute.
Whole floor needs replacing after 2 years.
I want my money back.

Super Happy with our bamboo floor

We had genesis bamboo colour California installed, absolutely thrilled as we had been wanting this exact colour and they even had matching stair treads! We're thrilled with this great product.

Beautiful and easy clean

My husband had this installed in our living areas and I couldn't be happier. It has made such a difference to the whole feel of our house. Easy to clean too with a broom and baby wipes!

Phil

PhilSydney

Love this product

I installed Genesis Carbonised bamboo throughout my house and can't be any happier. Looks great, solid and easy to keep clean. I recommend Genesis bamboo to anyone who is looking for a floor.

Happy or Not

Happy or Not

Crap product crap customer service

Madd

MaddTumba

Complete Waste of $6500

John G

John GGeelong, Victoria

This product scratches - sales company do not care - Warranty is no good.

C.J.

C.J.asked

I'm so confused has any one had GENESIS BAMBOO strand woven FLOORING down for a long period of time I'm thinking of going for the color Java. I was wondering how it is wearing? java is a lighter honey color and hand scraped.I have just got back my quote but after reading these reviews it sounds like GENESIS'S warranty and backup is rubbish. I hate that pass the buck onto installers and owners. The retailer at Choice flooring told me it was a wonderful product and because it was hand scraped it would show less scratching. However I was never aware of delaminating until reading these forums. I don't care if it was the owners fault for leaving drops of water overnight or not. It should not do this and should be covered by warranty sounds like a crap product. Does any one have any brand of bamboo flooring that they have had down for a long time that lives up to its name and that they would recommend. I don't want to spend this money only to pull it up in 2 years cheers Jane

Kilcoy80

Our Genesis has been down for nearly 4 years and aside from the initial problems with flawed boards it has been great. Only a couple of scratches, no delaminating, or any other concerns. It still looks as though it is brand new, very easy to look after.

Jeff J
Jeff J

I’ve had the floor 2 years, had to replace entire floor due to delamination 1 month after moving into new home (had to move all furniture). Then months later had boards pop as they expanded dramatically and proline tried to blame a fictitious dishwasher leak, then had to replace kitchen and living area. Now big gaps have appeared again and they’re trying to get out of it. Absolute joke. Stay away from this product and proline like the plague.

Adeybaby

Adeybabyasked

Dated March 2017 - Sydney NSW - has anyone who had the carbonized Genesis bamboo floating floor put down experienced severe lifting or tenting as it may be also known? Mine has been down 18 months with no issues but the latest humidity in NSW has been unbelievable and now my floor resembles a skate park!
Not sure if it is poor workmanship in the installation and/or the wood expanding dramatically. HELP!!

Kilcoy80

No problems with lifting yet!! You have me worried though after all the recent humidity, I will be keeping a very close eye on it. I wish you luck as we had a very poor response from the supplier with our early problems with Genesis bamboo

shootingstar
shootingstar

I have bamboo floors not this brand (Genesis) have had no issues with lifting. I would say poor workmanship & or may be the quality of of the flooring after reading some of the comments left by unhappy customers. I have purchased a dehumidifier which i used in one room as there was condensation on floor due to the amount of rain. I'd be really annoyed if I were you & be contacting the people who installed it. Ended up with approximately 30 litres of water in humidifier after using in it in one bedroom with bamboo flooring & floor so far hasnt lifted.

Flossy75
Flossy75

Hey there - we have had the same problem with this product. Had the company out to look at but not interested just full of excuses and pushing the blame. Disgusting

CategoryTimber Flooring