Disappointed

I love my GHD straighteners and hair brushes and keep going back to them. I purchased their soft curl tong and it has been a massive let down. I have naturally curly hair and my hair has no issue with curl staying when curled for a more polished look with wands and tongs by other manufacturers. I’ve used this different ways with products, without products etc but the curls dint even last for an hour. Disappointed contacted customer service they suggested it might not be reaching the optimum temperature and asked me to send it back. I asked if it was possible to get a refund or credit as this product is useless and performed worse than the cheap curlers I’ve used years ago. I’m yet to hear from them. For a hair gadget with such a high price tag, the performance and customer service hasn’t been good.

Hi Viv, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the issue you have experienced with your recent purchase and do apologise for any disappointment that this may have caused you, particularly as you have mentioned your positive experience with other products. To discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team again as they will be best able to assist you. They can be contacted over the phone on 1300 443424. Alternatively, please send in a query via the following link and the team will respond to you directly: www.ghdhair.com/au/help/contact-us Regards, ghdContacted the customer service team and returned the product as they suggested. Haven’t heard from them at all.

Warning don't buy doesn't curl and leaves hands burned

I paid $245 for this product from my hairdresser. I was told it would do spiral curls. They took it out to show me how to use it and the apprentice hairdresser experienced burns and told me the heat glove wasn’t of good quality. She attempted to curl my hair and to the least it was far from spiral and she was having difficulty by the time I got home my hair had flopped big time. I then had a go and ended up with no curl and serious burns on my hand. I immediately contacted my hairdresser and asked for a refund. She told me I had to ring GHD. Well talk about pass the buck and rude. They said well you didn’t buy from us directly so can’t help you go back to your hairdresser. She refused a refund saying it would leave her out of pocket. So I was left with no curls, serious burns and feeling totally let down. GHD’s refund policies and customer relations are disgusting.
I will be pursuing them through Fair Trading. This product doesn’t do what it says however it comes with free burns

Hi, Thank you for your recent review. We would like to firstly apologise for the difficulties you have had in relation to the product and are sorry for any upset that this has caused you. We are also concerned to hear of the problems you have had with the customer service, particularly in relation to the severity of your experience when using your product. We will be looking into this further with the relevant team so that further training can be undertaken where necessary. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team on 1300 443 424. Alternatively, please submit a query through the following link https://www.ghdhair.com/au/help/contact-us Regards, ghdI have already been in contact via that number. No help was offered, I asked for a refund as this device doesn’t do what it is supposed to do and leaves me with burns. I was told to bad. I was referred back to my place of purchase. They wouldn’t refund as it would affect their hottom line. So I have been left out of pocket, bunt and a sour taste in my mouth. Now going through THE DEPARTMENT OF FAIR TRADING

Pretty good curlers but burned myself every time

*updated review: i have learned to use these properly with a few more tries and as long as you use heat protection and hair spray, it's a pretty good result. Easy to get burned though!

Original review: Basically - GHD straighteners do a better job of curling. These damage your hair more and are somehow harder to use. I pulled these out in a hurry and had to put them away and use my straighteners instead cos they were making my hair look worse.

Great while it lasted

I loved my Creative Curl Wand the few times I have used it, but now the red lamp keeps flashing. Since it is more than 2 years old, ghd can only offer me 20% off if I buy a new one. Even with the 20% off it is still a lot of money to spend on a product that will break after only being used a couple of times!

Hi Ina, Thank you for your review. We would like to apologise for your recent experience with your product. A private message has now been sent to yourself requesting some further details which will allow us to look into this further for you. Regards, ghd

Do not buy

I've used this wand maybe 3 times over the past year. I never pick it up.

It's basically a curling wand that doesn't curl.

Useless. Really disappointed GHD.

This product really lets you done, especially for the price. Wish I had purchased a straightener that would curl instead. Tempted but I cant justify spending any more on GHD.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been able to create the style which you desire with your product and we apologise for the disappointment caused. If you require any assistance please contact our customer service team on 1300 443 424 and they will be happy to assist you with this. Regards, ghd

Don't buy it!

The GHD Curve wand is truly useless. I even tried returning it but was told they don't except returns. This product simply does not live up to its promises. A total waste of money and time. Don't buy it!

Hi Christine, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed by your recent purchase and we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. If you could please respond to our private message at your earliest convenience we will be happy to help in any way we can. Regards, ghdI had a phone call from a ghd representative and was offered to exchange the curve wand for the curler wand. This is confusing because in the original phone call I was told in no uncertain terms that you could not accept a return because you would not be able to restock the curve and that’s why you wouldn’t allow me to return it...and now I am told I can exchange. The thing is I don’t want a curling wand, if I did I would have purchased one. When offered the exchange I said I would give it some thought and asked if you could call me back the next day, you agreed...and then, I haven’t heard from ghd since. That was 3weeks ago. Empty promises, confusing and completely lacks integrity. This can’t be good for your brand. Meanwhile the curve sits in my cupboard, a complete waste of $199! The customer is absolutely last when it comes to GHD.Hi Christine, Thanks for getting in touch. We are following this up with the relevant team for you and asked that somebody contacts you directly. Regards, ghd

Terrible product and service, ghd no longer known for quality

I bought this product just three months ago, it's absolutely fabulous when it works but when I turned it on one morning last week it the red light wouldn't stop flashing and no heat. I can't exchange the faulty product at place of purchase so I've contacted ghd but according to the person who took my call they've had an 'extraordinary number of calls' and the only option is to call me back (when it suits them of course, not the customer). It's not surprising they've had a lot of calls, ghd were always known for their quality and products built to last but appear to have compromised quality for cost saving. I've been a loyal ghd customer for many years but will never buy again.

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your recent experiences both with your product and when contacting our customer service team. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. This is something we wish to investigate further and we have sent you a private message requesting some additional information. If you could please respond at your earliest convenience we will be happy to help. Regards, ghdHi ghd, I did eventually get to speak to someone from your customer service centre. They told me they could replace my faulty product but were currently out of stock so couldn't say when I'd actually receive it, could be weeks or months. No option to replace with a similar product either. I wasn't comfortable sending my product back not knowing when I'll get a replacement so refunded it at the place of purchase. I bought a Babyliss curler for less than half the price of ghd and quality much better so far, I expect this one will last longer than three months.Hi Sarah, Thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team on 1300 443 424 and they will be happy to help in any way they can. Regards, ghd

Excellent hair curl so far I have

Fancy package! Light weight with beautiful rose gold colour, temperature is just right for my hair !!! The heating speed is quick. Most importantly, my hair won't go too dry or burnout after use.

Terrible service - fair product

In all honesty GHD sell pretty fair products, I've always heard good things about the product in itself. The customer service however is simply put appalling.

I purchased a straightener and a curler at the same time, however upon arrival it didn't take long to notice I had not received the correct items - no worries everyone makes mistakes. I thought a simple phone call would fix it. I had clearly received a different item to what was on my tax invoice. No, they refused to pay return postage (trust me I argued), they would not take responsibility in that they had sent me the wrong item. I was due to leave overseas and just wanted it sorted so after too long on the phone I just paid, get it done with. In return they sent a complimentary 'apologies' gift the ghd curl hold spray. Note: don't buy this it's useless.

Not soon after receiving my new curler I found this to had issues. My curler was defective making a 'zapping' noise (electrical short in cable). Obviously still within the warranty period I gave them a ring and they yet again didn't want to pay postage. Only this time I had the original mistake made by them to argue with so they very reluctantly paid. These people have zero skills in customer service, if an issue is made on their end they don't want to take responsibility. Would NEVER buy direct from them and recommend you go through third party to deal with them.

Hi Aimee, Thank you for your recent review. We would like to apologise for the disappointment that was caused after your recent experience when contacting our customer service team. This is something we would like to investigate further directly with the team, please could you respond to our private message at your earliest convenience. Regards, ghd

.....

the result of the curls is very good, but the day I got the curling iron it began to glow red and make a sound. I followed the instructions on how to restart it, but it did not work. incredibly disappointed ..

Hi Malkmoom, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your product and we apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. If you could please respond to our private message at your earliest convenience we will be happy to assist you with getting this resolved. Regards, ghd

Disappointed

I have had my ghd curve wand for just over 2 years, but I have literally only used it no more than 4-5 times. I recently got my hair cut and wanted to try styling it with a wave so I took my ghd curve out and turned it on and it is flashing a red light and beeping. Have tried turning it off and on a couple of times thinking it might be cold (in winter my ghd straightener that has served me faithfully for many years beeps and does not heat up until I warm it up in my hands) however this does not seem to be the problem and it continues to beep and not heat up. Very disappointed that a well known brand that is priced at the higher end of the scale can release products that work a handful of times before breaking. Unfortunately my warranty period is over as well so that is a couple of hundred dollars down the drain for me!

Replacement after replacement

The results from the product are fantastic. However, I have had three replacements in the space of 15 months and now my most recent replacement has stopped working!! I have tried turning it on and off as advised, but will have to now return for the fourth time. This is not good enough for something you pay £120 for and rely on a daily basis.

Hi Hollie, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your product and the replacements that you received and we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. To allow us to assist you with getting this resolved we have now sent you a private message requesting some further details. If you could please respond at your earliest convenience we will be happy to look into this for you. Regards, ghd

Warning think twice

Warning warning warning warning warning

Careful buying from Ghd Australia,I had returned wond and paid for replacement one, they rang and told me they had the returned item but no refund cause they say they sent me replacement one ( this is the second one I had paid for, which was sent before I had returned the first one, they would not send an item before receiving the returned item or payment would they) now they have the returned item and have not returned the payment, this has been almost 2 months.
I have gone to fair trade, and to top it off the staff was rude and unhelpful, still waiting for the return call for someone incharge to call me from a month ago
i would not recommend buying from these people

Hi Kate, Thank you for your review. We were disappointed to hear about your recent experience both with your product and our customer service team and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. This is something we wish to investigate further for you in order to get this resolved. If you could please respond to our private message at your earliest convenience with the requested details we will be happy to look into this further. Regards, ghdJust look at your sales records,your refunds records and your returned goods , I don't care to know how you feel about this cause clearly Ghd Australia has not taken into consideration my feelings experience nor my inconvenience and an apology is empty without the refund of money owed. It doesn't matter how long you write your replies nor how concerned you sound , concern is not how I was treated by stuff of Ghd Australia staff so I expect little. as I read your reply over it is very condescending it isn't resolving the matter. I don't want to email back and forward either we have already done that with no resolve just delays and stress. You have copy's of both bank statements with both showing Ghd Australia sales on them and no refundStill no resolve, a lot of meaningless emails that are going nowhere, clearly Ghd Australia is not interested in customer service and no good at sales record keeping. I would of expected this sorted out in a day almost two months ago still waiting for a refund. DON'T RETURN PRODUCTS TO GHD AUSTRALIA you will have to beg and plead for a refund and you still most likely will be left with nothing , no product, no refund and no response at all unless u go to a public forum.

GHD Curve

I had this styler for 5 months and its blinking red lights with a non stop beeping. Paid $300 for it and its not working... I bought it in Sephora in singapore where i live now. Have no receipt. How can I replace this.

Hi Chene, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your product and we would like to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. If you could please respond to our private message at your earliest convenience we will be happy to assist you further with this. Regards, ghd