Global MinoSharp 3 Ceramic Water Sharpener

Global MinoSharp 3 Ceramic Water Sharpener

See the Best Knife Sharpeners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

sahri

sahriCentral Queensland, QLD

Has been doing it's job for years

Great investment. Only purchased this as we have owned Global Knives for going on 12 years and this is what I thought I should use to sharpen them.

The noise while sharpening is gross. But after running the blades back and forth around 20 times on each disk our knives are always as good as new.

Never needed to replace the ceramic disks as of yet and going on about 8 years of owning this.

A good investment indeed to prolong the use of our knives.

Purchased in July 2011 at King of Knives.

DWRAU

Wouldn't be without one

I have used one of these for the past four years on both Global and other knives, even small Victorinox serated edge knives. Having watched the Global instructional video I have been able to keep an excellent edge on all my knives. As others have said, however, it seems to work best with Global knives.
I have had no problems with broken wheels, but recently bought a replacement fine wheel just to make sure it's working at its best.
Today I have just ordered my fourth sharpener, having now given one to each of my three adult children, all of whom appreciate a sharp knife. Two are Global fans like me.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Nancy L

Nancy L

Very happy with this product.

Used on global and non-global brand knives with excellent results on Japanese, German and unbranded knives. Older knives have been renewed. Super easy and convenient to use. Unlikely to replace routine professional sharpening but has so far prolonged the time between.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Works as described.

Tried it on an old Global knife that has not been sharpened properly for years. Had to run the blades on each stone about 20 times. Sharpness feels almost like new so am very happy with the product

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Ewan s

Ewan sHunter Region, NSW

Needs improving.

Date PurchasedJul 2009

MC

MCMelbourne

Designed for Japanese knives

This product doesn't do a very good job on non Japanese knives because Japanese blades are angled differently. You will get a passable edge on a non Japanese knife but nothing to compare with the edge you can get on a Global knife. In my opinion this should be spelled out clearly in any on line product description.
Nice design. Well made.
It won't sharpen non Japanese blades very well.

Peter Tran

Peter TranSydney, NSW

Maintain your Global Knives with the MinoSharp 3

Wes

WesSydney

Great Sharpener but

I have use the sharpener about 10 times over the last few years , every time until today no problems, Despite using light pressure if any, drawing the blades back & forth, today the white wheel supporting shaft snapped in two
I have also noted that the heel & points are sometimes missed unless user is careful
Easy to use does a great job
Wheel support shaft may be faulty

Meathed

MeathedNewcastle

Great Sharpener

I've been using this on my global knives for several months now. Very happy overall. It's the best 'simple' sharpener I've had so far (and I've tried a few). Probably not what a pro chef would use, but you need a fair amount of practice and co-ordination to use those pointy things. The minosharp is very simply - run the blade through the slot, use only the weight of the knife, 10-20x back and forth and bob's your mother's brother.
I haven't had any issues with the wheels cracking or breaking.
Easy to use. Effective
Pricey.

Habidere

HabidereMELBOURNE

I expected better from Global

We used this sharpener a few times on Mundial knives and wasn't happy with the end result. The little wheels cracked despite only using the weight of the blade and not pushing down on the knife. The design of the housing makes them nearly useless for small knifes and the section of blade near the heel is missed altogether on any knife
Giving them back
Ineffective, poor housing design

pdean
pdean

Not designed for Mundial knives, global knives will sharpen along the whole length as they don't have a heel near the tang. Also replacement wheels can be purchased they don't last forever

COL BURG

COL BURGasked

is the minoSharp suitable for serrated edge knives?

Chinerama

I don't think so. Think it's more suited for normal edges.

DWR

I've used the sharpener on vitorinox serated edge knives with good effect

SYLVANA kasked

What is the difference with the colours of the wheels?

Rob
Rob

The different colours represent the differing coarseness of the wheels. The coarse wheel will grind away more material, more quickly. The finer wheel will grind away less and leave a finer cutting edge. Always use the finer wheel last.

James Joseph

James Josephasked

What is the difference between a Global Minosharp 3 Ceramic Water Sharpener and a Global Minosharp Plus 3 Stage Ceramic Water Sharpener ( apart from the $1.00 difference in price ) ?

fryer
fryer

It only comes as a "plus". Check the MonoSharp website. They just missed the "plus" here.

Get an answer from our members and Global Knives representatives