GoDaddy

GoDaddy

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

GoDaddy is Anti-Consumer

Matt W.
Matt W.South East Queensland, QLD

Just dishonest and incompetent

If you enjoy the frustration of trying to explain your concerns with a Philipino. Go for it.. They also blatantly lied about having free access to Microsoft office, whilst hosting a domain name and providing a professional email

Ally
AllySydney Surrounds, NSW

The WORST. Will continue to charge long after cancelling!

WORST CROOKS ON THE MARKET

Stay away from GoDaddy. Have had nothing but headaches and problems. They shut my website down without notifications. Closed my email down and debited $570 AUS for something I’ve never used. I had to go to consumer affairs in order to get my money back. They wouldn’t help through covid and kept charging maximum price, when the business was not operational during lockdowns. Never ever go with this company. Worst experience.

Terrible customer service, quick to sell more

I have been wanting to migrate my website for 2 months now, and they dont have any customer centre for Australia. I would not recommend it for anyone in Aus.

Call centres will pick up the phone quick, but put you back on hold for hours.

Sab
Sab

Godaddy scammed me

Godaddy views your search history and takes the domain you have recently searched for, making it unavailable. They then ask you for over $160 to get the domain for you when in actual fact they own the domain themselves. Disgusting company, don’t know how they haven’t gotten caught yet

on hold for over an hour

Rang initially phone call answered in about 3 minutes but the person just hung up on me then i called back promptly was on hold for over an hour. we were trying to point our new domain to our server but they wouldn't allow new records to be changed. My Web guy finally figured it all out without their assistance

SaaS provider
SaaS providerPerth, WA

If your payment fails over a long weekend, consider your domain parked.... Not angry, just disappointed.

Rates and Fees

Worst staff and company to deal

Worst staff, bullied me when I was in reason, dont buy anything from this company, now I need to find another hosting sites, they didnt send me chat conversation, why ? Because they knew I will take it further. Go somewhere else youve been ---w a r n e d---

Jodi
JodiNortheast, VIC

Great value domains

I use Godaddy for my domain and purchased email hosting through office 365 with them for my business. I’ve used their website creator for a basic business website in the past and it did the job but was very basic and better suited to a beginner on a tight budget. I’m very happy with Godaddy. It’s easy to use and good value.

Wherever possible I pay with PayPal and have done so with my Godaddy purchases. I see a lot of reviewers feel they have unauthorised charges from Godaddy and PayPal offers peace of mind.

Arash J.
Arash J.Sydney, NSW

Don’t, just don’t

Save yourself a headache and take your money somewhere else, doesn’t matter what product and what service, I’ve tried it all and regret every single dollar that was spent there.

KL1
KL1Sydney, NSW

DO NO USE THEM - complete rip off business

Cheap website fees that are set to autorenew at extortionate rates in the fine print. Even if you don’t select auto renew, they set it up so it auto renews any way and it’s in the fine print of the terms and conditions. If you don’t cancel within 24 hours, you have paid it and they won’t refund. DISGUSTING

Sand
SandSydney, NSW

Harassing calls to buy products

I received a sales call from Go Daddy to purchase a product I’d cancelled years ago. When I told the sales rep I wasn’t interested he became rude, critical and manipulative. There was also no way to lodge a complaint. One reason I changed web providers was the lack of customer service and long wait on the phone to get technical support

John S.
John S.Sydney, NSW

Shysters just want to fleece you

I tried to cance auto renewal a number of times and finally succeeded - only to find that minutes later they charged me for something that was not in our agreement. Now I will have to follow up with them to refund the money. Don't give them your credit card details!

Seanc
SeancSydney, NSW

poor service

I recommend them to my mate to arrange and build a website
He has had support issues since it's been up.
1/ They are not based in Australia, so good luck getting support
2/ When you try and get support, they don't fix what you have requested the issue was
3/ They try and blame everyone else, in consideration, They built the site.
I would be very careful in using or recommending them !!!!!!!!!!
The person i recommended is now dumping them and moving his site away from them

Read more reviews - page 2

MiniBooCreativeAgency J.
MiniBooCreativeAgency J.asked

Just wondering when Go Daddy will respond to their paying customers? They seem to spend an awful amount of time and money marketing their services to new customers yet fail to help their existing?

Lee D.
Lee D.asked

Hi, I was told that you can only make payment to them thru credit/debit cards .....is this true?

Ian L.asked

I've been with GoDaddy for years with 6 domains one of the domains someone added themselves as a user and blocked me as user so I couldn't get into the back-end and fix it. Then all my domains went down. I contacted GoDaddy and asked what was happening they said that there was a infringement of a trademark and that my domains where suspended and that I would have to email their department and take down the pages with the infringement. I told them that I can't get into the domain because someone had blocked me out. The support worker said that they couldn't help me because only the infringement department could but I can only email them no one can get in contact with them only by email. I have lost Thousands of dollars in business is there any way of getting compensation because now they have given me until today to fix the infringement or they will delete my domains and all my work building my web pages and cost will be gone forever and my business will be too.

Ian L.

why will you not write my review, I've not used anything you can't use but your poor service

Get an answer from our members and GoDaddy representatives

Other Digital Services