QLD, VIC, WA, SA
See the Best Gyms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Goodlife Health Clubs

• Rates and Fees

Contracted employee
Contracted employeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

This gym only cares about money in their pocket.

As a personal trainer I was denied to have my rent paused so I could visit my terminally ill father in Victoria. Resulted in me being sent to debt collection.

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!!!

..My previous review was about lack of social distancing.... well, they have gone overboard now.... ALL the stationery bikes have a 1.5 m distancing sign on them.... so everyone uses all of them without taking any notice - little surprise. You'd think that someone at the gym would have the wit to measure out 1.5 m between machines and act accordingly. Still people leaving their equipment all over the place and not cleaning equipment after use ...COVID MARSHALLS... apart from standing behind counter chatting WHERE ARE YOU????

Jay
Jay Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Goodlife is basically a scam.

Dodgy salespeople & contracts

Julie
JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great workouts

I attend 3 morning classes a week and love them all. The range of participants is from young, fit, beautiful bodies to my age group of young at heart, reasonably fit, not so beautiful bodies. What I really like is that our instructor, Sally, somehow manages to give us all a great workout with many options offered. The classes are a joy and I usually leave with a smile on my face. Admittedly I'm also hot, sweaty and exhausted, but happy.

Scamming personal trainers out of thousands

Stay Away, goons on the loose

Stay away if you are really interested in keeping healthy. They use predatory practices to get new members. If by chance you happen to go as a guest or take their trial, they will hound you till you have signed up. For that they will make sure to call you repeatedly at every possible hour and day and try every trick and extreme measures to force you into signing up. If you sign up for trial, they will make you run-around to cancel your membership after the trial period. Besides, the gym is overcrowded.

dada t.
dada t.

Nightmare

A lot of hidden fee / cost like arm +leg and kidney to get out of contact /literally scammer in active wear outfit they are plenty of gym in Melbourne I recommend to go elsewhere which provide good service without contact and much better business value. Never go GL!!red flag!!

Impossible to quit

Unless you’re looking to be a lifelong member of Goodlife do not sign up for this gym!
After 3 months of phone calls and emails, myself and my partner have been unsuccessful in cancelling our respective memberships. Even though our balances have been finalized, we are both still being charged.
It is actually traumatizing how hard it is cancel a membership.

If you recall the episode of friends where chandler attempts to quit the gym, this is my actual life. ‘I wanna quit the gym’.

Lucas B.
Lucas B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Jumper stolen

Only being at for a week and my jumper was stolen by a couple with full Cctv footage. The manager at Karingal no who they are and I have still not heard anything. Manager hasn’t even returned my call. Disgraceful.

Sarah T.
Sarah T.Perth, WA

Good gym, poor customer service

Just got off the phone from the Manager who renounced all responsibility from the staff not following protocol because they are 'so busy'. Had no compassion for the stress and inconvenience caused. Really disappointed that anyone believes that's an appropriate way to run a business, or to treat people.

David
David Perth, WA

Paying for services that were never offered!!

I have come to the end of my membership time after being a member at the Joondalup WA location for over 3 years. I paid the final bill and they said i had an additional $10 to pay for free coaching. I enquired about what this was and they said i was entitled to a free quarterly coaching session. I was NEVER informed of this during my 3 years of membership and i paid for PT session anyway so the only point of the "coaching fee" is a blatant cash grab. it may only be $40 per year but across all the member of all the clubs this would have to be either illegal or immoral. What a joke this franchise is!!!! Don't waste your money.

Dale T.
Dale T.South East Queensland, QLD

Unsupportive and poor customer service

Very disappointed with the service during covid. Contract was extended due to covid even though I don't live near the gym anymore so I can't use it and no negotiations around it. Just a money hungry company.

Mashup s.
Mashup s.

Join If you don't like your money

1. They charge 1 month cancellation fees.
2. Weekly fees is easily 50% higher than other gyms
3. Very crowded but still they push you to refer 10 friends for lucky draw ( we all know how lucky draw works) I said I don't want to sell by friends personal info.
4. Quarterly trainer fees and no way to cancel that.

RiKi
RiKiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Exceptional Customer Service

Great customer service and understanding was shown by staff member Damon. I came in with a challenging issue that was resolved in a fashion exemplary to first call resolution. Thanking you mate.

Lee
Leeasked
Goodlife Health Clubs WA

Can I ask which Goodlife Health clubs in Perth WA have a swimming pool ??
My home club is in Bibra Lake which has a pool. I have just upgraded my membership to be able to use all the Goodlife gyms in Perth..

Andrew G
Andrew Gasked
Goodlife Health Clubs VIC

Why do you think it is ok to charge members for kick starter packs, 8 week challenges and quarterly coaching yet the trainer does these UNPAID?
This seems very dodgy. None of the crap they are leads to the trainer or business building hours you are profiting extra on top of membership and rent charge to trainers as well

Andrew G
Andrew Gasked
Goodlife Health Clubs

Are members aware that the trainers pay rent to the gym to work there? They aren't employees even though they are wearing a goodlife top. They are paying a $1600 contract then from 3 months onwards $300 plus a week rent to work there. Kick starter packs or jump start packs which the gym charges the member are done by the trainer as unpaid sessions. The 8 or 12 week challenge which the gym charge members the trainer does unpaid. Quarterly coaching which some members receive again is done by the trainer for free. This gym franchise is using trainers as unpaid labour and dodgy employee entitlements.

See all Goodlife Health Clubs questions