Goodlife Health Clubs

• Rates and Fees

Mr. Bread

Mr. BreadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst gym available

Was travelling between two cities and so I signed an All-Access pass which was a fixed rate for 12 months which allowed access to any goodlife in the region. Now that my contract is over, I moved less and realised I didn’t need to use other gyms so I wanted to reduce the cost by keeping a pass only for my “home store”. I called up and realised I couldn’t do it unless I payed a $65 “transfer fee” and would have to resign a contract which was barely any cheaper than what I have been paying. Absolute 0 flexibility. I’m definitely quitting.

Rates and Fees

Charge you more and the worse service ever!

Sam

Sam

Just awful. Run but not in this direction!

Staff on the counter could not care less about customers. Overcrowding is insane. Nothing is ever fixed or put away. This is the ‘gym’ people joke about. Management are as ineffectual as it gets. A real mess. This place could be great with someone serious at the wheel. At the moment, I would say, do not waste your money.

Just want your money

Unnecessary fees, employees are all very persuasive and pressure you to sign up to the most expensive membership. Tried to cancel my membership because I’m in financial hardship and they still made me pay $50 to get out of the membership.

Samira S.

Samira S.Sydney, NSW

Don’t sign up contracts here

Diana Nick

Diana NickPerth, WA

unsafe practice

I paid $30 for 2 visits 11/02/20 in Cannington "Good life" branch. When I was in changing room one of the male gym instructor came into the room when I was naked & spent 5 min there and left . I reported this incident to the reception desk. I only used a pool for 20 mins and left due to I did not feel safe. I said to the receptionist I would never come back again. No refund offered.

Mel

MelAU

Unethical with zero business acumen!

Kathy29

Kathy29

Cancelled membership still being charged

My husband cancelled his membership on 6th January 2020 and Goodlife are still taking money out of our account. We contacted them and they have placed account until they investigate. What's to investigate? They are making excuses about whether membership was genuinely cancelled. Disgusted with their treatment of this whole matter. We are constantly having to chase this up as they seem incapable of doing their job. Jump to help when you sign up. Ignore you when you want to cancel.

Ujjval S.

Ujjval S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Filthy Club with the great Stich up scheme which cheats its members with unreasonable fees

have been a member for 3 years, have always been stitched up for unreasonable fees. i have ignored few charges but their staff including manager is very rude. They treat people like kids.

Their contracts are unreasonable and every time they stitch you up with money they will throw a contract to your face and say read it. i do not recommend anyone to join this poorly ran and managed gym.

on top of issues with the way they deal with people, the gym's condition is worsening. steam room is not functioning for 18 months, bathrooms are filthy, no air con on a hot days, cooling system doesn't work. spa doesn't operate and is filthy too.

Be aware, if you join this gym you will get stitched up for money, worst customer service and equipment

Faranak

FaranakPerth, WA

I don’t recommend to anyone

Angela

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Read your contract carefully! "where applicable" to Goodlife means "compulsory"

Sandeep S.

Sandeep S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

worst customer service, ripping people off!!!

started gym for swimming, Pool is never available, I've been paying for services they are not allowing me to use and I can't cancel my membership cause if I do I have to pay 245$ for cancellation.
rudest employee's
horrible customer service.
worst gym services possible

Sick

SickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ripping off the chronically ill

I joined Goodlife 2 days before falling ill. 12 months later I’m not getting better and finally apply for a medical cancellation after they kept convincing me to suspend the membership. They flatly refused to refund the money paid on joining, despite never using the facility. They waived the $75 cancellation fee, but kept my $205. They have no compassion and only want your money. Sick, disabled? That’s your problem, not theirs. You signed a contract.

Horrible

I cancelled my membership about 12 months ago. I even went into the gym and signed off paperwork and they said I would no longer be charged. Since then they have been taking money out of my account week despite cancelling my contract. Their service is absolutely appalling and they are out to take your money. I will never attend this gym. I highly do not recommend signing up with this gym.

AY

AY

Very dodgy!

The reps get commission on every new signup. You'll notice everyone in the gym is on a different rate cause they're dodgy and not clear about their prices. Very dodgy business model!!!

Dean

DeanSouth East Queensland, QLD

BEWARE OF 18 MONTH CONTRACT

I decided to cancel my membership. Found out it’s an 18 month contract. Provided a doctor certificate of incapacitation for over 12 months I must still pay $75 cancellation fee.

Benny

BennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam artists

Joined up gym with a few friends with a deal they had, they over charged me as the staff put me on a different membership. I asked for a refund but would not give but to put credit onto next fees. Once again overcharged. Told them not interested with a bunch of liers and to cancel as they breached the contract. I have not set foot in the gym from the beginning. They waited months for the fee to grow then put my dept to a collector, even though I have emailed and spoke to them on a number of occasion. I think it's time we do a class action towards them, from people who are out of poket and for people who gave them bad credit for making a contract with goodlife which they breached from lying, or deliberately mis guiding us.

Jasmine H.

Jasmine H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Goodlife Prahran

Never left a review for anything

But I would 100% not reccommend
Bad customer service provided
By a male membership consultant

Told unless I was a member I wouldn’t beable to do 10 day trial after submitting application

Shlong

Beware before you sign anything fast talking staff

was promised free time till my contract from another gym ran out they lie and now sent my contract to a debt collector thanks fo nothing it makes me sick

Jessica B.

Jessica B.Darling Downs, QLD

Really loved the one in Toowoomba, curious what the Ipswich one is like

I signed up in Toowoomba with really friendly staff, and I love the equipment and the 24/7 access. For what I'm paying a week I feel like I'm getting my monies worth. Haven't had a chance to check out Ipswich since I moved yesterday, but I hop it's as good as the one in Toowoomba.

Robyn Maher

Robyn Maherasked

Has anyone been able to get out of their contract with a Doctors Certificate? Thanks

Shlong

No I tried and before I had a chance they sent my contract to a debt collector

The Australian S.

The Australian S.asked

Just wondering how often the Gym gets cleaned? I have been going to the Cannington gym for over 10 years and It is starting to feel VERY unhygienic. Equipment especially the treadmills, steppers and bikes etc are very dirty and dusty with paper towels left on them etc. The floor is always filthy with peoples old drinkbottles, socks, gloves etc lieing around for days.
The equipment often does not work having to change to at least 3 different treadmills at times to get one that works. Trying to watch TV from them is always an issue too. They always say 'no signal' or you cant put your earphones in the port.
All this is really starting to bother me and am seriously looking at changing gyms. It is not cheap to attend a gym so we expect higher standards for the money we are paying.

Kittycat P.

Kittycat P.asked

I have spoke to Goodlife staff after being discharged from hospital and fed back I would never return to Goodlife. This would be three months ago. I canceled membership and direct debit I had been a member for several years. I have notified all concerned. Please leave me alone and no more emails, phonecalls texts or letters. I payed for ambulance and medical care. No first aid for available at goodlife, ice and absorb ant guaze. Allison Corbett .

Get an answer from our members and Goodlife Health Clubs representatives