Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Goodyear

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

NickBy
NickByGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tyre of choice

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 has been excellent on my Golf GTi. Amazing grip and very quiet, with a sidewall bezel that helps protect the rim from light scrapes on gutters etc. Usually get 40000kms.

Also used the SUV variant on Mazda CX7 which helped reduce the road noise significantly. Again amazing grip but harder to test on an SUV. Got more than 50000kms from memory.

Finally have had an issue with 2 tyres on a Touareg but was very impressed with Goodyear who acknowledged the issue and replaced all four tyres at pro-rata wear.

So great tyres, and excellent support when needed. On to the Assymetric 3 SUV now.

Purchased in August 2014 at Beaurepaires for $300.00.

Andrew
AndrewSydney, NSW

Less than 10,000 km and tyres are not road worthy

Bought 4 new Eagle tyres in July 2018, 12 months later and only 10,000 km the tyres are not road worthy, expensive and not worth the hassle. Trying to get in touch with supplier to see what can be done

Purchased in July 2018 for $300.00.

murcodSouth Australia

I was happy with them until I noticed sidewall lumps.

Purchased in November 2018.

murcod

There have been no problems with the replacement tyres. Perhaps it was just bad luck? A big thumbs up for Tyresales with their quick warranty replacement.

Not great tyres at all.

Not at all happy with these tyres that came fitted to my 125i. They have lumpy walls (not a typo) which I’m guess means the walls have failed. All 4 tyres, so not a one off pothole. And they are cracked and pitted around the edge of the tread. They seem to lose air quickly too, I get regular pressure loss warnings from the car and sure enough at least one tyre will be at 20psi.

Purchased in August 2018.

Find out how Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 compares to other Passenger Tyres

I found the grip decreased with age

When these tyres were new i thought they were brilliant, when it was wet I didn't even know it because the grip was insane! However as time went by i found the grip got worse and worse, even though there was plenty of tread left.

I eventually (the day after i slid off a round-a-bout in the wet whilst driving slowly) had to throw them out with less than 10,000kms on them because they got to a point they i had little traction in the dry and they were downright dangerous in the wet. This was disappointing considering how much i paid for them.

CarFord Falcon
Goodyear A.Goodyear

Avoid like the plague.......

Initially I was full of praise, then took my C63 in for a service. After 10k miles they had split all around between the inside wall and the tread, even though the tread still had 4mm across. I do mainly motorway driving and always maintain correct pressures. Go for Pirelli or Conti

CarMercedes AMG C63
Goodyear A.Goodyear

Hi Paul, thank you for leaving your review. We're really sorry to hear this was your experience with your C63. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this matter. Kind regards, Team Goodyear Australia

Paul

Hi, car going back in to Mercedes end of December with replaced tyres fitted, just to confirm there is nothing wrong with the chassis. I will provide feedback. Its 2.5yrs old with 39k on the clock under PCP scheme.

Drewster69
Drewster69Hillman

Great all round tyre

Bought these in a 3 for 4 special for my VZ Commodore wagon and so glad I did. Great road grip in the dry and top performance in the wet for a 245/50 tyre. Good thick tread pattern and no vibration whatsoever at higher speeds. Highly recommend to anybody needing new boots.

Car2005 VZ Commodore wagon.
Goodyear A.Goodyear

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. We're so glad to hear you're happy with the grip and performance of the Goodyear Eagle F1s on your VZ :) We appreciate the five stars too. Thanks, Team Goodyear Australia

TWE
TWEHunter Region, NSW

Is good

CarAlfa Romeo 147 Ducati Corse

Sammy L
Sammy L

Great all round tyre

They are simply amazing. Certainly worth fitting your car out with them if you find them on special. My V8 responds as good in the wet as in the dry. As always make sure they are aligned every year or so.
I have had a few blow outs in country areas but I can't blame the tyre for that.

CarVE SSV

Find out how Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Worst High Performance Summer Tires I have used!

These tires come stock with the 2016 Camaro SS. Tires started to make loud noises at 14,000km followed by severe vibration over 80km/h. I couldn't believe the tread ware on all 4 tires.. and the lack of grip around turns.. not much of a performance tire.

Looking forward to the Michelin Super Sports next summer!!!

Car2016 Camaro SS
Morgan
Morgan

Quiet, sticky and durable

I've had these tyres on my 2013 BMW 335i x drive with M sport package for 6 months. They have shown very minimal wear and have been extremely dependable when I have pushed them into the corners. They are comfortable on rough surfaces and create little road noise.

They do not excel in wet weather conditions. Wether the road is cold and damp, hot and damp or during a down poor they do not perform as well as my Michelin pilot super sports.

Overall they have been better than I had expected and I will definitely purchase them again as they a great alternative to the pricier Michelin Pilot super sports.

Car2013 BMW 335

1 out of 4 is defective

Do not buy.
I bought 4 tyres GOODYEAR ASSYMMETRICAL2 - eight months ago, 1 tyre has been noisy for 3 months.
On inspection, had a large crack right down through the steel radials.
These are defective tyres.
Car has not had an impact to cause this.
1 in 4 defective.
Out of pocket $350.
Would NOT buy again.
TYREPOWER would not replace under warranty.

CarVolvo C70

Rhett
Rhett

Very quiet and comfortable

Just bought two of these tyres because they had rave reviews from a British tyre review website as a very good high performance tyre.

I have a car with firm suspension, and I like a firm ride. These tyres are very soft and I don't really like how it makes my car feel. I want a tight taut sports car feel, not a soft luxury ride. :-(

CarFord Falcon XR6 Turbo
PaulS
PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic tyres ... and they saved me from a potential crash!

CarFord Focus ST (2013)

Durable go cart type handling sticks to road very well

So far after 25 months 60100 km, mainly highway km's would have to have with rotations at least another 10 to 15000 K before first change now that's pretty damn good for performance tyre , fitted to focus st , corners very well , happy to have again and again

CarFocus ST 2013

Dave H1
Dave H1asked

Like a couple of other reviewers, I have noticed a bulge in the sidewall of one of my front tyres. I have a 2017 BMW 440i with 23,000kms on it. Overall I’ve been happy with the performance of the F1s, however my wife has Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres on her M2 which I believe are a superior tyre. Can a Goodyear rep please message me?

murcod

What does your BMW warranty say about the tyres? Usually it's a case of you needing to take the tyres to a local tyre distributor, but BMW might be different?

FYI I had mine replaced at a Bridgestone Select outlet and the guy who changed them laughed and said there was nothing wrong with the two I had replaced. He claimed it was just where the sidewall was joined when the tyre was manufactured. Strange how only two of my four tyres had that problem (if it that was the case- which I don't think it is.) I certainly wouldn't want to be driving them up to their "Y" 300km/h limit with side wall defects like that.

kac
kacasked

how far can i drive on a run flat?

Get an answer from our members and Goodyear representatives

CategoryPassenger Tyres