VerifiedMPNs:524673, 524675, 524680 and 25 more

Dry Weather Handling

NickBy
NickByGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

Tyre of choice

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 has been excellent on my Golf GTi. Amazing grip and very quiet, with a sidewall bezel that helps protect the rim from light scrapes on gutters etc. Usually get 40000kms.

Also used the SUV variant on Mazda CX7 which helped reduce the road noise significantly. Again amazing grip but harder to test on an SUV. Got more than 50000kms from memory.

Finally have had an issue with 2 tyres on a Touareg but was very impressed with Goodyear who acknowledged the issue and replaced all four tyres at pro-rata wear.

So great tyres, and excellent support when needed. On to the Assymetric 3 SUV now. Show details

Andrew
AndrewSydney, NSW

Less than 10,000 km and tyres are not road worthy

Bought 4 new Eagle tyres in July 2018, 12 months later and only 10,000 km the tyres are not road worthy, expensive and not worth the hassle. Trying to get in touch with supplier to see what can be done Show details
murcodSouth Australia92 posts

murcod

There have been no problems with the replacement tyres. Perhaps it was just bad luck? A big thumbs up for Tyresales with their quick warranty replacement.

Andrew M
Andrew M

Not great tyres at all

Not at all happy with these tyres that came fitted to my 125i. They have lumpy walls (not a typo) which I’m guess means the walls have failed. All 4 tyres, so not a one off pothole. And they are cracked and pitted around the edge of the tread. They seem to lose air quickly too, I get regular pressure loss warnings from the car and sure enough at least one tyre will be at 20psi. Show details
Daffy Duck
Daffy DuckSydney

I found the grip decreased with age

When these tyres were new i thought they were brilliant, when it was wet I didn't even know it because the grip was insane! However as time went by i found the grip got worse and worse, even though there was plenty of tread left.

I eventually (the day after i slid off a round-a-bout in the wet whilst driving slowly) had to throw them out with less than 10,000kms on them because they got to a point they i had little traction in the dry and they were downright dangerous in the wet. This was disappointing considering how much i paid for them.

Paul
Paul3 posts

Avoid like the plague

Initially I was full of praise, then took my C63 in for a service. After 10k miles they had split all around between the inside wall and the tread, even though the tread still had 4mm across. I do mainly motorway driving and always maintain correct pressures. Go for Pirelli or Conti

Goodyear   DM

Hi Paul, thank you for leaving your review. We're really sorry to hear this was your experience with your C63. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this matter. Kind regards, Team Goodyear Australia

Drewster69
Drewster69Hillman19 posts

Great all round tyre

Bought these in a 3 for 4 special for my VZ Commodore wagon and so glad I did. Great road grip in the dry and top performance in the wet for a 245/50 tyre. Good thick tread pattern and no vibration whatsoever at higher speeds. Highly recommend to anybody needing new boots.

Show details ·  1

TWE
TWEHunter Region, NSW5 posts

Sammy L
Sammy L15 posts

Great all round tyre

They are simply amazing. Certainly worth fitting your car out with them if you find them on special. My V8 responds as good in the wet as in the dry. As always make sure they are aligned every year or so.

I have had a few blow outs in country areas but I can't blame the tyre for that.

L Floro
L Floro

Worst High Performance Summer Tires I have used!

These tires come stock with the 2016 Camaro SS. Tires started to make loud noises at 14,000km followed by severe vibration over 80km/h. I couldn't believe the tread ware on all 4 tires.. and the lack of grip around turns.. not much of a performance tire.

Looking forward to the Michelin Super Sports next summer!!!

Morgan
Morgan2 posts

Quiet, sticky and durable

I've had these tyres on my 2013 BMW 335i x drive with M sport package for 6 months. They have shown very minimal wear and have been extremely dependable when I have pushed them into the corners. They are comfortable on rough surfaces and create little road noise.

They do not excel in wet weather conditions. Wether the road is cold and damp, hot and damp or during a down poor they do not perform as well as my Michelin pilot super sports.

Overall they have been better than I had expected and I will definitely purchase them again as they a great alternative to the pricier Michelin Pilot super sports.

Jess L
Jess L

1 out of 4 is defective

Do not buy.

I bought 4 tyres GOODYEAR ASSYMMETRICAL2 - eight months ago, 1 tyre has been noisy for 3 months.

On inspection, had a large crack right down through the steel radials.

These are defective tyres.

Car has not had an impact to cause this.

1 in 4 defective.

Out of pocket $350.

Would NOT buy again.

TYREPOWER would not replace under warranty.

Rhett
RhettSydney, NSW3 posts

Very quiet and comfortable

Just bought two of these tyres because they had rave reviews from a British tyre review website as a very good high performance tyre.

I have a car with firm suspension, and I like a firm ride. These tyres are very soft and I don't really like how it makes my car feel. I want a tight taut sports car feel, not a soft luxury ride. :-(

PaulS
PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD122 posts

Steveo
Steveo

Durable go cart type handling sticks to road very well

So far after 25 months 60100 km, mainly highway km's would have to have with rotations at least another 10 to 15000 K before first change now that's pretty damn good for performance tyre , fitted to focus st , corners very well , happy to have again and again