VerifiedMPNs:542973, 543823 and 563101-P

Dry Weather Handling

Kirk
KirkSydney, NSW

so variable

Have had Fortera's on my RWD Territory since new. Original set lasted 80,000km, second set lasted 35,000, third set lasted 50,000.
I wonder how much of this variability is due to the fact they are now made in China and quality is just not the same.
Nevertheless they are a good tyre for the Territory - trying Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV for next set Show details
Overall
Functionality
peter
peterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC69 posts

Disappointed

I had these as factory standard on my 2012 territory diesel and found them to be excellent especially the tread wear and replaced them at 78,000 klms, after trying a few other brands since with a special mention too Nitto that were shot at 23,000 ks highway driving l thought I'd try the Goodyear Forteras again. I'd heard the quality especially tire life was not as good since manufactured in China but got a good price at tyre sales $155 fitted, am happy with the tyres except for terrible treadwear and will be lucky to get over 30,000 ks highway driving which for me means replacement in less than 12 mths. Show details
Overall
Functionality
Phoenix T.
Phoenix T.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

First to last long

We bought our family car Ford territory in 2016 with Fortera on. Done 65000km so far and ready to be replaced with other Fortera. Been safe and durable with no issues. Yes I did get a rotation service when it was done about 30k. Show details
John Z
John ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC28 posts

Perfect tyre for Territory AWD

So far so good. No road noise and fantastic in the wet. It's hard to tell how long they will last as they are new. I payed 220 each from tyre power in Melton who were very professional. I will repost in the future with more info. Hopefully they last as long as the factory fitted organs which are these.

Show details ·  1

pformagg
pformaggPerth, WA11 posts

If you have a Territory, only use these

Change my Ford Territory from Fortera to another brand, and started having an issue with road noise and rumbling. Changed back to the Fortera, and everything is back to normal and riding smooth. These are built for the Territory and its worth the extra money they charge. Highly recommend for the Territory. Show details ·  1
Luise
LuiseGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

No complaints

I've had these tyres for about 6 months and am happy with there performance. The have good handling in wet and dry situations. The only thing I found was I have to top up the air every week which I haven't had to do with pervious tyres. Overall I would purchase again.

Terry P
Terry PMelbourne2 posts

Glen
GlenBallarat6 posts

Excellent tyres

Had the tyres on Ford Territory TS brand new got 70,000 km over three years out of them. Rotated every 15,000 km kept tyre pressure at 40psi. A bit of off road driving but mainly highway. Limited towing of a 6x4 trailer with no issues. Had a sharp rock go through one tyre but was glued back in workshop and kept going fine.

Car K 123
Car K 123Griffith9 posts

Lasted 60,000km on first set

I think that 60,000km for a set of tyres is pretty good these days - they were the originals when I purchased the car from new. Happy with them so now on my second set and hope to get another 60,000kms. I have had the odd wheel alignment them but probably don't check the pressure enough.

tyed
tyedtownsville

poor performance

low tyre life very poor performance for the travelers out there might be ok for short runs in city but look for more

reliable life tyres if you like to caravan. I have never gotten less than 60.000klsout of tyres but these only did 43.000kls car still in warranty and Ford said tyres are shot

The Researcher
The Researcher2 posts

55,000 Km Good Tyre

2012 Ford Territory TS RWD , back tyres lasted 55,000 front tyres still going . Tyres have never been rotated . Good on road and off road performance . Should of rotated the tyres , would of lasted longer . Had A few nails go through them were fixable .

The CriticSydney, NSW28 posts

27,000 km and they are done

Original set lasted me 27,000 and so have the second. It seems to be the magic number. I have the titanium AWD diesel and have gone through 2 sets since new 4 years ago. Haven't even hit 60k yet. I keep the pressure under control as I bought a compressor to pump them up at home after the first set died. They wear on the inside and outside of the tyres. It's the family cat for picking up kids etc Total rubbish especially given the cost of them. don't buy them.

The Critic

12,000 km used and the kumos still look new compared to the forterras at equal distance.

Gee
Gee

Great tyres

Had a 2007 ford territory ghia AWD petrol and had log fitted, for 5.5 years. Achieved over 70,000 km on the original set of Fortera tyres, same on the first replacement set, and fitted a third set before trading in on a 2012 ford territory titanium AWD diesel. The original Fortera tyres on the diesel have now done just over 69,000 km and I am looking at the Fortera tyres again.

Big Cheese
Big CheeseBrisbane6 posts

No good anymore

We had a fantastic run out of the original Fortera's from new with around 80K. Then tried Yokohama Geolanders and was annoyed with only 35K out of them. Went back to Fortera's thinking we would get a similar run as the original ones. Boy am I annoyed. Looks as though we'll get about 27K out of them. I check pressures fortnightly and had them rotated each 5-10,000K's. I heard they are now manufactured in China, which isn't always a bad thing, but in this case I reckon it's unfortunately hurting what was a good reputation. I certainly won't be back for another set. Poor form Goodyear.

waitoa485
waitoa485AU17 posts

Almost 100k out of the original set

Bought an ex demo 2013 TS Territory petrol RWD with 8k on the clock. I have since clocked up about 1000km per week mainly open road Fwy driving. At the moment I've done 92k on the original set of tyres and they have almost worn down to the indicators. I check my tyre pressures fortnightly to monthly and maintain them at 38 psi. I'm amazed at how great these tyres are and am surprised at some of the reviews where people only get about 30k out of them. My set have 'Made in China' stamped on the side too. Anyways, I asked at my local tyre dealer how much for a replacement set and he quoted me $350 each for 235 55 18. I looked online on tyresales.com.au and can get them for just over $200 each!

Couldn't be happier with them!

Show details ·  2