2Goodyear Wrangler ATS

Dry Weather Handling

GCB
GCB9 posts

Great tyres, good mileage

I bought these tyres as replacements for my Colorado Z71. I wanted an A/T for occasional farm country. Being Kevlar, no sidewall/punctures, rock solid manufacturers guarantee. Quiet good grip when the pressures are right. Tyre guys stated 40 psi all round, found that didn’t work, back would let go real easily, followed the vehicle manufacturers recommendations, 44 rear, 38 front a different vehicle. Handles better, no loss of grip, no wheel-spin just great! Have done 55k’s expect 70-75 based on current wear, 4mm to go. I rotate every 10k’s. Good on road and good on a sloppy farm. I will stick with these tyres at replacement. Show details
Functionality
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
SkiTragic
SkiTragicSouth-Eastern Region, NSW31 posts

My Triton is so quite now I can hear the radio

The old tyres had been on for 14 years and were as hard as rocks. The car rattled. Steering (not power) was very heavy and the noise was such that I could never drive and have the radio on.

That all changed last week when I put a set of Goodyear Wrangler AT/S on with a tread pattern more suitable to a country in drought and for a 4x4 that spends more time on road than off.

The other noticeable change - the ride feeling is now much softer. Very pleasant indeed.

Given the short time I've had them on our ute, I can't comment on wet weather handing or durability, so if I remember, I'll leave that for next years. Show details

Noise Level
Stephen
StephenWindsor3 posts

thomo23
thomo23AU2 posts

Happy

I am on my 3rd set now and am totally happy with them.They are safe in the wet and tough as nails in the dirt. I have only average 60ks out of my 2 other sets but i do drive hard and tow a work trailer and i will buy them again.
safe and reliable
nil
peterroberts
peterroberts

Super quiet

Only done 5000ks but wear brilliant especially 2000ks was stoney/gravel and towing heavy camper trailer. Left Bolwarra station via Chillagoe to the back way to Hughenden, half way to Antrim station Hughenden/Muttenburra RD, to Julia Creek and to Winton on to Rockhanpton for Easter . Then back to Hughenden Antrim station, then back to Bolwarra station. Can't believe how quiet they are The tyre I used LT245.75.16 on a Nissan RX king cab.
very minor stone chipping on tread considering the road is very abrassive
not cheep $336 fitted
windbreaker30 posts

Jeep TJ 2006

I am not happy with the results of these tyres less thn 50000Kms on the clock and these tyres have had it. this was a new vehicle in 2008 and I only use it for road use. They are like remolds as the tread is just peeling off. I have now gone to coopers see how they go.
They came with the Vehicle
Peeling just like remold tyres
200cruiser
200cruiserAU

Artree
ArtreeQueensland, 41693 posts

Excellent 4 WD Tyre

I was a little concerned going from HT to AT tyres. We do not do a a lot of off road driving, however I was dissatisfied with the current tyres I had fitted in terms of grip and wear. I am very satisfied with the AT/S - ride comfort is exceptional, very little road noise is transferred to the cabin and they offer fantastic grip. I haven't had the chance to use them off-road however I am more than thrilled with them for city driving
Quiet, Ride Comfort, Grip