4Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)
Part of Google Chromecast 3.3

Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

MPN:KHCHRC15AUBLK
4Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)
3.8

72% · 7023 · 24%
Brand Manager for Google? Claim your listing.

markh0464
markh046411 posts
  2nd Generation

Worst user friendly device ever

I’ve had a gut full of this device I just want to smash it into a thousand prices. I’m away in our caravan with no tv reception, however we have internet through our iPhone, I have spent hours trying to get the iPhone to cast to our chromecast connected tv. It won’t, factory reset whatever, it is not user friendly. Google chromecast is a waste of money. Show details
Mirriulah
MirriulahNorth Western Region, NSW20 posts

High Tec Low Performance

I have to wonder why in this day and age my Google Chromecast regularly (at least once a fortnight) stops functioning and I have to go through a range of primitive switching and re-booting to get it to come online again.
I have seen military blokes sitting in a booth thousands of kilometres away remotely fire a rocket and precisely destroy their target but my google chromecast has problems remotely connecting to my laptop one metre away. Show details
David G.
David G.

Flakey and unreliable

I've worked in system adminstration and software development for almost 40 years and I can't get it working reliably.
Error messages are vague, if you can get it connected (which seems to depend on the phase of the moon) it randomly disconnects leaving the video running which can't be stopped.
Don't buy it unless you get a money back guarantee!
Jay
JaySydney, NSW32 posts
  Verified 2nd Generation

Pretty good, enhances the speed

I got faster speed on Youtube and Netflix compared to my Smart TV app of my LG TV. Plugs into your HDMI port of your TV. You can even control this Chromecast via remote (Play and Stop function) Show details
noodles36
noodles36Victoria, 318311 posts

Biggest pile of crap

Continually disappears from being available to cast from my mobile phone. I continually reboot and have requested customer help on many occasions and it never fixes. When I want to cast I never can and this product is a pile of crap.
jen
jenSydney, NSW3 posts
  2nd Generation

sothey sell products that last as long as their warranties ....good to know ...will look for something different know

not longer works just after warranty expired will look for an alternative. very disappointed. supposed they are made in china. cant think of ten more words four to go one Show details
Adam A.
Adam A.4 posts
  Fair Incentive 2nd Generation

Time Saver

The ability to cast a video from youtube or have photos displayed on the TV has never been easier. I can tap a button and have the video be almost immediately streamed onto the TV from YouTube, or Netflix or Stan. It can play music form my selected device. It works even smoother if accompanied by a Google Assistant device such as Google Home Mini Show details
Penny
Penny2 posts
  2nd Generation

When (If) it works its great

Its a great concept but the execution is the worst as the product barely works, on top of this I went to a support page for a issue I was having (orange flashing light, blank screen) and it simply stated that yes the product had this issue with no suggestions for fixing it or what may have caused it. It drops out every 15min or so when actually casting and I constantly have to monitor where im up to as it doesn't go back to the same time in the program. A HDMI cord for your laptop is a far better alternative and if an alternative product for casting from my phone exists I'm about to go find it and purchase it. Show details
NGL
NGLGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts
  2nd Generation

Never works, sub standard compared to Apple tv

I went from an Apple TV, no problems, worked well, to this product that hardly ever connects to me devices. Glitched, that require me everyday to reset the item. The worst desicion I have made, in particular when mirroring. Google company should be ashamed of themselves to have a device that works at low standard. Please do your self a favour and don't buy this product, it's no good.

Dissapointed
DissapointedCleveland
Dave w.
Dave w.

crap

Chromemast device and Google Home (which I use to cast from my Galaxy S9) work together less than 50% of the time. Nothing more frustrating than tech that only works 'sometimes'. I just threw my Chromecast in the trash and uninstalled Google Home. What a waste of $$$ and time.

Monique
MoniqueSunshine Coast7 posts

Great purchase!

I can’t believe I didn’t buy it sooner! It makes streaming online soooo much easier to view on your tv. No time for HDMI cables anymore, much easier to stream with the google chrome cast. Love this product!

If you’re thinking of buying it, I completely recommend. Very simple to install and use right away!

QLDZDRBrisbane537 posts
Katy
KatySydney7 posts

Love it!

Was tempted by AppleTV but kept getting suggestions of Chromecast and haven’t regretted it. Works with all our devices, and can be compatible with non Chrome usage with correct tech support. Much much cheaper and works brilliantly, allowing casting of what you choose rather than mirroring of whole screens so the casting device can still be multifunctional. Great buy!

Moh
MohMelbourne7 posts
  Verified 2nd Generation

Unleash the potential - Make your TV smart

Complement my TV, which has very limited capabilities, it is semi smart, but with the chromcast I was able to stream from my phone to the TV, mirror my phone, have my personal photos as screensaver, very useful.

Hardy any problems, may once or twice stalled and needed reset, other than that it is very practical

ilias K.
ilias K. · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?

And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

Reubs
Reubs · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

After installing the Chromecast with a WiFi can it still be used on a different WiFi?

Ravinder
Ravinder

You need to set it up on wifi to use it. If you are planning to use it on two different wifi you need to set it up as well.

use google home app in order to do this.

Becky A
Becky A · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

My Chromecast is showing on my tv but can’t find it on my iPhone to connect them. How do I get the to connect?

Cat
Cat

You need the google home app on your phone first then follow the steps to sync them.

Spud
Spud

Download the Google home app enable Bluetooth and wifi and it should show up if it dosn't then maybe yours is broken

Compare all Google Chromecast listings
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
App StoreGoogle PlayGoogle PlayGoogle Play
Netflix App CompatibleYesYesYes
SD Card SlotNoNoNo
Price (RRP)$59$59$49
Replaced byGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast Ultra
  • GTIN12: 811571016518 and 811571017522
  • MPN: KHCHRC15AUBLK

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Google? Claim your listing.