Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

MPN: KHCHRC15AUBLK

noodles36

noodles36Victoria, 3183

Biggest pile of crap

Continually disappears from being available to cast from my mobile phone. I continually reboot and have requested customer help on many occasions and it never fixes. When I want to cast I never can and this product is a pile of crap.

jen

jenSydney, NSW

sothey sell products that last as long as their warranties ....good to know ...will look for something different know

not longer works just after warranty expired will look for an alternative. very disappointed. supposed they are made in china. cant think of ten more words four to go one

Purchased in June 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $59.00.

Adam A.

Adam A.

Time Saver

The ability to cast a video from youtube or have photos displayed on the TV has never been easier. I can tap a button and have the video be almost immediately streamed onto the TV from YouTube, or Netflix or Stan. It can play music form my selected device. It works even smoother if accompanied by a Google Assistant device such as Google Home Mini

Purchased in September 2017.

Networked Media Players

Find out how Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016) compares to other Networked Media Players

Penny

Penny

When (If) it works its great

Its a great concept but the execution is the worst as the product barely works, on top of this I went to a support page for a issue I was having (orange flashing light, blank screen) and it simply stated that yes the product had this issue with no suggestions for fixing it or what may have caused it. It drops out every 15min or so when actually casting and I constantly have to monitor where im up to as it doesn't go back to the same time in the program. A HDMI cord for your laptop is a far better alternative and if an alternative product for casting from my phone exists I'm about to go find it and purchase it.

Purchased in November 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $57.00.

NGL

NGLGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never works, sub standard compared to Apple tv

I went from an Apple TV, no problems, worked well, to this product that hardly ever connects to me devices. Glitched, that require me everyday to reset the item. The worst desicion I have made, in particular when mirroring. Google company should be ashamed of themselves to have a device that works at low standard. Please do your self a favour and don't buy this product, it's no good.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Dissapointed

DissapointedCleveland

Stay far away!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

crap

Chromemast device and Google Home (which I use to cast from my Galaxy S9) work together less than 50% of the time. Nothing more frustrating than tech that only works 'sometimes'. I just threw my Chromecast in the trash and uninstalled Google Home. What a waste of $$$ and time.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Monique

MoniqueSunshine Coast

Great purchase!

I can’t believe I didn’t buy it sooner! It makes streaming online soooo much easier to view on your tv. No time for HDMI cables anymore, much easier to stream with the google chrome cast. Love this product!
If you’re thinking of buying it, I completely recommend. Very simple to install and use right away!

QLDZDRBrisbane

2nd Gen.. not the 4K model

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Katy

KatySydney

Love it!

Was tempted by AppleTV but kept getting suggestions of Chromecast and haven’t regretted it. Works with all our devices, and can be compatible with non Chrome usage with correct tech support. Much much cheaper and works brilliantly, allowing casting of what you choose rather than mirroring of whole screens so the casting device can still be multifunctional. Great buy!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Moh

MohMelbourne

Unleash the potential - Make your TV smart

Complement my TV, which has very limited capabilities, it is semi smart, but with the chromcast I was able to stream from my phone to the TV, mirror my phone, have my personal photos as screensaver, very useful.
Hardy any problems, may once or twice stalled and needed reset, other than that it is very practical

Date PurchasedJun 2016
customer

customerCasula

Almost AI

there are so many things connected to the TV, and this is the only one that connected without any trouble or hard reading into the manual. we cast Stan and video from mobile phones.
just in a few times it had error in the connection and have to recast again.

SYDHarry

SYDHarrySydney

The best product from Google

Two things I liked about Chromecast are price and easy set up. Price of Chromecast is very cheap. Anyone can simply set it up with HDMI enabled TV.

Acceding to my experience, Chromecast's WiFi connectivity and reliable are far better than the latest TVs' WiFi connectivity and reliable.

To stream 4K videos, use the Chromecast Ultra,

Date PurchasedAug 2016

ThomasSunshine Coast

Chromecast to TV

Chromecast for the IT novice
Easy connection and set up for anyone to do
Can connect to any TV
Minimal spend
Perfect choice especially when on holidays the Chromecast can go with you
Very happy
Well worth the outlay
A great investment

Don

DonPerth, WA

Buy Apple TV

One of the worst consumer products I've experienced. Bottom line is spend extra money and buy an Apple TV. Apart from the obvious trouble of accessing your phone to pause what you are watching. You are lucky if you can pause or do anything with your phone. Because the chormecast connection is very finicky. If you were lucky to stumble upon a moment when the device is showing on your phone/computer and start streaming. When you want to pause it it simply dissapears from your device. Now you can't pause or do anything with it. It is garbage. I am a very tech savvy person, I have tried everything. To get it working but still it is garbage....The simple truth is..
SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY!
BUY APPLE TV!
BUY APPLE TV!

billie

billiePerth

If you haven't got a smart Tv (and as long it has a HDMI option and you have wifi) defiantly look into google chromecast .
Super easy to set up and very easy to use, your phone is the remote. Fantastic for Netflix and YouTube ect loads fast and clear picture. Only costs around $50. Super happy with the product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Roachy

RoachyChristchurch

Love it but have problems with it

Date PurchasedJan 2016

This is amazing

Hi I bought this last week. It is easy to use and compatible with my two smart phones. I can watch movies from YouTube, net flix and other apps. But the only problem is you can’t stream through internet browser. So I’m giving it 4 stars out of 5. Cheers

Wilfred v

Wilfred vVic, 3199

Does what its made for but

sumeer

sumeer

Best technology for Wifi Streaming

Far better than other streaming devices out there. Really easy to install and stream from any device rehardless of android or IOS. I have streamed from my various laptops too. It will be good if it does have usb inbuilt to it to play data from usb on old tv's.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Reubs

Reubsasked

After installing the Chromecast with a WiFi can it still be used on a different WiFi?

Ravinder
Ravinder

You need to set it up on wifi to use it. If you are planning to use it on two different wifi you need to set it up as well.
use google home app in order to do this.

Becky A

Becky Aasked

My Chromecast is showing on my tv but can’t find it on my iPhone to connect them. How do I get the to connect?

Cat
Cat

You need the google home app on your phone first then follow the steps to sync them.

Spud
Spud

Download the Google home app enable Bluetooth and wifi and it should show up if it dosn't then maybe yours is broken

Get an answer from our members and Google representatives