Google Nest Mini

MPNs: GA00638, GA00638-AU, GA00781 and 5 more

Banyek

BanyekWestern Australia

Premature full of bugs

I can't even snooze the alarm or get it to repeat the song that's playing. Rubbish. I would have smashed and set on fire both of them if my wife let me do it.

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $40.00.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best device for controlling all devices

I bought this so I can control all my devices in my unit. This is for when I move into there in March 2021. The staff were kind to me and the service was amazing.

Purchased in September 2020 at Amazon for $33.32.

It's OK

I purchased this for my father as a birthday present thinking he would be able to use it for music. Little did I know that he has to pay for a Youtube Premium subscription to access any music. Feel very disappointed with this purchase.

Speakers

Find out how Google Nest Mini compares to other Speakers

Needs WIFI connection

Did not realise that this product requires WIFI connection to use it, as someone who uses their phones data for everything this makes it pretty useless. Spoke the the people from google and they said i can connect through bluetooth for music but thats all i can use it for.

Michael

Michael

Useless Product - Can't even play a song on loop mode

This is a dud product and I regret buying it (I have the 2nd gen). It can't even put a song on loop mode with a youtube music premium subscription and you can't change the wake word. Playing a song on loop is one of the most basic functions of a music player and Google didn't even bother to program this in. What a joke!

People have posted this issue in the google forums for over 2 years and they still haven't implemented/fixed it even on new devices! This is embarrassing Google! Alexa/Amazon Music Unlimited and virtually every other music player can do loop mode. Time to catch up and stop lagging 3 decades behind on basic technology.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $39.00.

helen g.

helen g.Perth, WA

Biggest load of rubbish

worst money spent. Wouldn't connect to anything, eventually when it did it wouldn't play any music and pretty much useless piece of plastic. Actually its not even pretty. Don't buy Google.

rzbr

rzbrGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Doesn’t stay connected to wifi , don’t buy

If the unit would stay connected to wifi for more than a few days it would be handy. But as it is , it needs reconfigurations every few days. So totally useless.

Would make an expensive paperweight.

Looks like the world is a beta site for google with no responsibility taken for releasing a subpar product

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $80.00.

Wayne H.

Wayne H.South East Queensland, QLD

0 stars would be more appropriate.

Purchased in June 2020 at Telstra for $160.00.

mirna

mirnaSydney, NSW

Good sound quality, but a bit useless

I find this product to be a bit gimicky. Initially, it took forever to set up and it didn't even work with my Samsung smart tv. It randomly started working one day. I find that I don't really have much use for it. Would only recommend to people who would use it with the bluetooth function to play music. The sound quality is great, I just don't feel that it is a necessity.

Purchased in June 2020.

Speakers

Find out how Google Nest Mini compares to other Speakers

bb919s

bb919sGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unreliable product with great sound

I'm not the one to usually leave a review. This product has given me headaches for the last few months since I bought it. I have to keep setting the device up through the home app almost every day. It's frustrating given the fact this device is designed for convenience. I really want to use this as this it sounds great, but due to technical errors, I have completely given up on it for now.

Purchased in December 2019 for $60.00.

Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Very Good

Purchased in April 2020 at Officeworks Online store for $59.00.

Mikef50

Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Hey Google!

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $37.00.

Riley J

Riley JSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's a useful little piece of tech that's for sure!

The sound is loud, the assistant is very useful, it has more touch options on it than previous models. It's great. It can hear you from a good distance away and even while you have a lot of sound going on. I don't have a smart home but I can imagine this would make it very useful if you do have one. Just buy one of these and set it down in your living room or kitchen, anywhere you frequent, and have a very useful assistant. Set alarms for the morning, set timers for cooking. It is a google assistant in a speaker for a bargain price with great features that you don't have on your phone like ability to play music loud. Definitely recommend.

Purchased in December 2019 at Google Store.

Jake M.

Jake M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Apple fanboy is totally in love with the google nest mini!

From a many year apple fanboy, i would have never thought that i would own a google product.

It wasn't until with some Telstra points I was able to redeem free google Nest Mini. I was open to see how they act.

They are the best smart home equipment on the market for a fraction of the cost. While apple products range over $500+ these are worth $79 each when they do the exact same job.

My whole house is now converted from Apple Homekit to Google home. With the help of the nest mini, my whole house is now automated.

I can't recommend these enough.