Gourmet Dinner Service

See the Best Food Delivery Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Plenty of better value and tasting options than this

I ordered for my mother while she was unwell. More expensive meal prices, $25 delivery charge. Below average food and she could not eat the risotto it was so bad.

Timely DeliveryYes

Disingenuous - delivered foods were significantly underweight.

I ordered 12 meals and a dessert from this service for my husband and son. When I received the delivery, I was startled to feel how light the box was, given I'd previously been receiving meals from another provider which had felt significantly heavier for a similar volume of meals. Upon inspection, I was appalled to find several small containers that were supposed to represent meals for one or, in some cases, up to two people. I knew, immediately, that this was not good value. To make matters worse, when I weighed the contents of a number of meals and compared them to the weights recorded online, every single one (without exception) was significantly underweight, even with the packaging included. Unacceptable and, frankly, illegal.

Not surprisingly, I've decided to return to using the other food delivery service which has never given me reason to question their content. In fact, the only reason I moved away from that service was because Gourmet Dinner Service has a sister company, Dietlicious, and I was keen to try their Fast 800 program. I figured it made sense to keep the meals all coming from related businesses. My mistake.

To be fair to the Dietlicious arm of the company, their products are quite satisfactory in terms of taste and variety and, being a diet product, I'm less concerned with their volume; however, I won't continue to order from them because I am so appalled by the sister company's disingenuous behaviour. They have charged good money but not delivered a good product. (I should note that I also left this feedback on their Facebook page.)

Below is a picture of their Shepherd's Pie with Double Potato Mash. It cost $9.99 (plus delivery) and was supposed to weigh 400g. It weighed 365g in the container. Not. Good. Enough.

Timely DeliveryYes

Very convenient

We are recent customers & find the service & quality very good. Plenty of choice & wonderful to have a break from shopping & cooking.

Excellent.. Could Not be more satisfied ✔️✔️✔️

My wife & I are regular customers over a long time, as are many friends with whom we’ve shared the good news of Gourmet Dinner Service. The range is exceptional the quality & taste outstanding.
Last night we ate Guinness Beef Pie, a favorite of ours, other ‘Greatest Hits’ for us are asian chicken, lamb and fetta Salads, butter chicken curry.. and the salted caramel tarts as a treat..
Highly recommend.. If you’re ‘time poor’ and appreciate good food & convenience do yourselves a favor.

Great Food!

Great food! It's Just like eating at a restaurant at home, Family meals make dinner time easy, fun and tastey!!!!

Don’t do it

I bought meals in bulk and the food is below average but what’s worse is they sent an expired meal and didn’t respond to messages.

not worth the Gourmet price tag

Given this business calls itself "gourmet" and charges higher prices than other food delivery services, I expected some amazing flavours but found that while most (not all) of the food tasted good, it wasn't great.

I use pre-cooked meal delivery services for convenience but found these meals to be inconvenient as:
- the instructions often require defrosting in the fridge overnight (so I have to remember to do this and decide the day before what I want to eat, rather than grab what I feel like at the time)
- a number of meals are just a meat base, so I still need to waste 20-30mins preparing and cooking side dishes e.g. vegetables or rice.
- having only a meat base also means that I still need to waste time meal planning and at the supermarket doing grocery shopping

They do sell separately servings of individual vegetables, but this just adds even more to the cost of the meal. Even without ordering any vegetables, I found that for the money I spent on Gourmet Dinner Service dinners for one week, I could have purchased both lunches and dinners from a number of other services.

Beware the serving sizes that say serves 1-2 or 2. The prices may seem cheap if you think that you can feed a couple with one meal, but I found the serving size to be barely enough for one person or perhaps one with a bit left-over, but not enough for a second meal.

Not only are the meals themselves expensive, but this is one of the few food delivery services where you can't avoid delivery fees using a minimum spend. The delivery fee is also the most expensive I've come across at $15 (despite that I live in the Sydney metro area).

The week that I tried the service, there was a free meal offer that required entering a promotion code that didn't work. This was incredibly frustrating and unnecessary - if they want to provide a free meal, they should just automatically include it with your order and not create fuss with a promo code.