3.9

Date PurchasedApr 2017

greg eredridge qld

love this mower

Date PurchasedJun 2017

What the hell is going on

The 50th Anniversary model big Red 30 hp nothing but a money pit
    They did not strengthen the drive system to accommodate the motor
    Frustrating
    Now making cheap crap parts to replace even more frustrating
    Come on greenfield accommodate your Aussie business trying to have a go frustrated Ken .

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Peter

Peter

Cutter belt - lasted only four hours from new.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Scotty the AJ

Scotty the AJAU

Battery keeps going flat - is that normal?

Hi,

This is a great heavy-duty mower - except for one thing - despite regular use the battery keeps going flat in the machine.. I am pretty sure the battery is not supposed to go flat if you are using the machine regularly. The guy I bought it off changed the battery but that hasn't helped.. Bit disappointing. I am presuming I will be able to get it fixed under warranty... I am hoping Greenfield will be able to help out and explain how I get it fixed..

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    Jeff

JeffSouthwest, VIC

Great Mowers

Date PurchasedDec 2010
    David

David

Excellent machine

Very happy with my machine as will mow anything and the result is amazing. Comfortable, quick and easy to maintain. A solidly built machine that is more expensive than alternatives but worth the money. Do not expect to ever own anything else to do my lawns. I refuel every third mow and is heavy on fuel due to its power, but the motor does not have to work hard it does it all easily.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Lasted 6 hours total - Stay Away

I bought one of these brand new, used it once through tough grass and it did really well. Cleaned it and 2 weeks later used it again. This time mowing the short grass that I had left after the first time it caught on fire and burnt down to nothing before myself and the neighbour could get it out. I told the dealer and Greenfield. The dealer was rude and Greenfield showed little interest and with no investigation and without asking any real questions about what happened said it was grass on the deck so no warranty.

I will not go Greenfield again based on Service alone without even questioning what caught on fire.

WG Village

WG VillagePort Macquarie and Aberdeen NSW

Buyer beware

Potential new owners should know about dealer only service availability.
    I had the experience of a seized pulley. I rang the dealer who is over an hours drive away and was told that it would be more than 3 weeks before they could even look at my mower. So I took it to my local mower shop which was not a Greenfield agent and was told they could fix it but NO, their account for parts at Greenfield was cancelled as only Greenfield dealers can now get parts. Beware of this as and there can be long long wait with a small dealer network. On my personal approach to Greenfield was told that it was only a new decision.

Aaron

AaronBrisbane

Solid machine but the overall finish needs improvement. Perhaps not worth the money.

Ando

Ando

Not happy Jan

18 months old 150 hours and have got the same problem as most of the unhappy greenfield owners. Gets stuck going forward and have to kick it into reverse to get it to stop. Obviously a recurrent problem. Oh, also told its not under warranty. Listen to your customers GREENFIELD. Also broke the join on the foot peddle this arvo :-(. If you could put the drive system of a cox on this machine it would be awesome.

appraisal of this mower

Maestro3093

Maestro3093

Incredible

After much research bit the bullet and paid for Aussie made quality. This mower runs over tall grass as if mowing a lawn. Once you get used to the forward/reverse action on the pedal it is highly manoeuvreable. Motor is a gem and nothing stops it. Only issue is that the left front wheel rubs on the support wheel for the cutting deck and stretches the tyre when turning. If turning left to mulch cut grass it leads to punctures, so make sure you have a spare wheel! Current model has a 5 cm longer chassis to remove the issue. After sales service has been great.

Cannot fault

tom555

tom555AU

Moved on

My family have had these Greenfield type for years they just keep going ang going.
    It was a bit more than I wanted to pay but I thought i Would bite the bullet and give this little aussie champion a go. And blow me down it's no slow go.
    first time in years we have had grass like this but it knocks it down.
    - Sold mower two years later too much trouble
    I brought a V20 Twin Kawaka and man does this Kill my old american mower "heap of ----" for performance and cutting. I mow 2 good acres and 10 "out back" acres last two with heavy hill work. I think it is the only ride on with a lockable diff for hill work. Completely WOW!
    Was not a dealer in my area.

Huntiau

You pay for what you get!

Huntiau

Footnote - the inappropriate word which has been deleted is cooch grass - a tough thick lawn. The word is commonly found in Google search.

George Flinders

George FlindersFlinders

Don't Damage your Greenfields Mower

I recently damaged my mower by running over some large stones. This caused the cutter deck to warp and also bent the cutter disk and spindle. Since the replacement cutter disk and spindle are apparently sold as 1 unit, the local dealer had to acquire and replace this unit and the deck. The cutter deck is cast iron so it does not rust. The down side is that it cannot be hammered back into shape. Try in excess of $1200.00 to repair the mower. I do not wish to amend my favourable earlier review but purchasers should be aware that structural repairs may not be as cheap or as easy as with mowers with a steel cutter deck and components that are not bundled.

Philnsw

fast worker

Good mowers

Ive had 8 greenfields ,5 of em v twins and a 30hp for 3 years unreal machine , except grub screws in bearings , if ya blades are jumping out undo the nut on the lever a bit , that usualy fixes it

Extremely capable machine

DAVID P.

DAVID P.asked

V Twin Deluxe Series

Please give me a general price

greg e

David,, I paid a little over $7000,,, two years ago...
    please note that i believe this mower is now built by a different company...
    still enjoying this mower after 500 hours..
    I fitted a remote sump oil drain at my expense of $120....

Roz Spierings.

Roz Spierings.asked

V-Twin Deluxe Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 25hp

what size twigs are safe to mow?

Johnasked

V Twin Deluxe Series

I have a Greenfield Fastcut 34 and have managed to put the blades through the alloy deck twice. Am very dissapointed with the flimsy alloy deck and am surprised an optional steel deck isn't available for the 34. I can fix it, but am worried about future breakage. What are my alternatives???
    Hope someone can help resolve this shortfall in the weak alloy decks.

Cheers John!

Murray
    Murray

I have exactly the same problem. My Greenfield 34 inch alloy deck developed a small within the first 30 hours. The dealer patched this with a small plate, but this temporary fix failed and the small hole has now expanded to a huge and dangerous hole. It just cannot handle roots and rocks. Pretty disappointing for a mower that sells itself as being designed for tough Australian conditions.

John

Hi Murray, Thanks for your post. I to have had to bolt on several plates to hold the deck together. I cannot see the sense in replacing my deck with the same deck. I may have to opt for the smaller 32" deck replacement (heavy duty steel) and put with having to do several more cuts to make up for the loss of the 2" decrease in deck size. I will however put up with the 34" until it becomes a danger to use. Hope yours doesn't get as bad as mine. Good luck... John!

Lloyd
    Lloyd

I have had my deck welded up successfully. There is also a guy, advertising on Gumtree who will fabricate any mower deck in steel. His greenfield deck (advertised at $550) looks good in his add. He is in Queensland so freight may add a little to the cost.