Gulf Western SYN-X

See the Best Engine Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

NowHandWasher

NowHandWasherBrisbane

Smooth as in a motorcycle.

Purchased in February 2019 at Supercheap Auto.

This engine oil is very good value for money!

Brought two 5-litre bottles while they were on special from Repco for a total of $60.00. Was a bit reluctant and sceptical first...I have been using either Valvoline Synpower or Shell Helix HX8 for the last five years, but since I've got two old cars, I thought I'll just give Gulf Western a try and see how things go. Result: It was and is right up there with either Valvoline Synpower or Shell HX8. Had the oil changes done three months ago....I checked the oil quality and quantity every fortnight...oil stayed clean and still at the right level. No problems so far. Looks like Gulf Western syn-x 5000 is performing well. Would buy it again, yes!

Car2002 Toyota Corolla and 2004 Toyota Camry
Bikerinpursuit   Bribie

Bikerinpursuit Bribie South East Queensland, QLD

GREAT OIL FOR WET CLUTCH MOTORCYCLES .

Just serviced my 2009 YAMAHA XJR1300 MOTORCYCLE with this oil and it runs great . No clutch slip , smooth gear changes , engine runs smoother , less engine noise than using twice the price MOTUL 5100 Oil from a MOTORCYCLE STEALERSHIP , and you get it in 5 litre containers instead of 4 litre Motorcycle oil container sizes . I would be happy to use this oil in any of my Motorcycles that I own , and GULF WESTERN OILS are AUSTRALIAN OWNED .

Car2009 YAMAHA XJR1300 MOTORCYCLE .
Rig30mechanic

Rig30mechanicAU

Excellent quality at great prices.

This was recommended to me by a fellow professional mechanic and have had great results. It may clean up an engine after previous poor quality oils have left sludge. This may cause the oil to discolour at the first time use.
Will continue to put it in my fleet including the newest acquisition, a Land Rover Series 3, V8.

Car2007 RAV4, 3004 Daihatsu Terios, Landrover V8.

Gary JESSUP

Gary JESSUPNewborough

Stopped lifter rattle on Start up

I have been using Penrite HPR 30 in my HZ Holden for the last 9 years, every time without fail there was lifter rattle on start up from a cold start, since switching to the GW Syn-X 3000 no more lifter rattle. And tho oil is half the price as well .. A win win for my old Holden.

CarHZ 308

bushmagpie

bushmagpieAU

Cheap and nasty oil.

Purchased in September 2017.

jackie12

jackie12NSW, 2000

Make the switch today :)

CarVx Commodore VT-VX-VZ-VY ECOTEC V6

tom bevelgear

tom bevelgearasked

Gulf Western SYN-X 6000 (5W40)

can it be used in wet clutch motorcycle?

Shady A.

Shady A.asked

Gulf Western SYN-X 5000 (10W40)

Can I use this Oil for a BMW 120I 2007

I am not sure , i have only used the SYN-X 3000 in a wet clutch motorcycle and it works fine , i have also been told that the SYN-X 5000 works fine in a wet clutch motorcycle as well , but i have not personally tried the SYN -X 5000 in a motorcycle as of yet . Regarding your question about the 5000 suiting your BMW 120I , ring the TECHNICAL guys at GULF WESTERN OILS, they are very helpful , and will answer all your questions on what oils will suit your vehicles the best .

Safe Travels .

Les M.

Les M.asked

Is gulf western sync 3000 full zinc oil

Hi les , yes it is , this is a great oil for cars and wet clutch motorcycles as there is no friction modifiers in this oil . I am currently running this oil in my 2009 yamaha xjr1300 and it runs great , but when all syn-x 3000 is gone , I will be putting top dog xdo diesel multigrade in all my motorcycles , as it is fine in wet clutch motorcycles , as once again there are no friction modifiers in top dog xdo 15w40 , so as I have a diesel 4x4 , and motorcycles , one oil for all my vehicles, which makes service time easier, as one oil for all , plus you can get it on special at number one - supercheap .
If you have any questions about gulf western oils , ring the tech guys @
Gulf western oils , they are always happy to advise you and have a chat .

Cheers .