Castrol Magnatec

Castrol Magnatec

10W-40, Fuel Saver 5W-30, STOP-START 5W-30, etc...

jake

jakeIllawarra, NSW

Use it in everything!!!

I've been using Magnatec for more than 20yrs and have always found it to be an excellent oil.
I don't care what all these data analysts have to say regarding it, from experience I can say it has worked well in a range of standard and modified cars.
About 10yrs ago I started using it in a John Deere ride-on after a new motor failed at 90hrs using John Deere oil. I sold that mower with over 300hrs on the rebuilt motor using only Magnatec.
I now use it in my cars, ride-on mower, 4 stroke push mower, 4 stroke line trimmer and 4 stroke blower.
They all start easier, are much quieter and run smoother.

RocketmanHamilton

10W 40 Magnatec Oil

I have used this oil in most of my cars for many years, Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 . NZ conditions maybe a little cooler than Oz.
I have never had any issues, all my cars engines have run without fault. Recommend you wait for it to come up on special.

Purchased in November 2020 at Supercheap Auto for $28.00.

tone

tone

super happy first impressions

Having used Castrol Edge for many years in my Mercedes Benz I thought I’d try this Castrol oil in my 2008 Jeep Wrangler jk 3.8. I have previously used other premium Australian oils of both the same and heavier weights in my Jeep . I am pleasantly surprised my Jeep’s engine is quieter and so far after 3000 Kim’s no oil consumption at all, the fuel saving and responsive increase has also improved. My experience with this oil is positive. Very happy.

Purchased in January 2020 at Supercheap Auto for $40.00.

Find out how Castrol Magnatec compares to other Engine Oils

Best oil I have ever used

I have Chrysler Sebring Convertible with a V6 2.7 engine that tended to sludge up when I had it in Florida.
I shipped the car to Europe 12 years ago and changed the oil to Magnatec 5W30.
, 95000 miles later I have had a smoother engine, more MPG and No Sludge.
Great oil for a engine that has been written down as unreliable.

Purchased in February 2008 for $30.00.

Param

ParamSouth West, WA

Your car will love it

Perfect performance in my subaru impreza 2013 . My car has done 140000 km and loves this oil . The oil burns lesser than penrite over the time . Very cost effective as compared to other 0W 20 oils . Very right consistency of the oil helps bring in the better fuel economy as well .

Purchased in May 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $44.00.

Martin

MartinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent balance of oil protection/price

Over 150,000km keeps engine internals clean not 100% like synthetic would as there is a light oil lacquer in hot areas.
Can live with more frequent oil changes vs straight synthetic and minimal expense as my preference.
Works well and helps with cold piston slap than dealer oil I can hear a difference as time to quite is noticeably faster.

Purchased in September 2019 at Supercheap Auto Physical Store for $39.00.

Andrew Y.

Andrew Y.Darling Downs, QLD

Do not use, unless from a new engine....

Into a 2.8 Rodeo turbo diesel @ 120K started smoking like Winston Churchill, can only hope it hasn't damaged the valve seals. Flush and go back to Valvoline Super Diesel. The best non Synthetic oil.

nexsus

nexsusadelaide

oil is like horses for courses

my 2000 magna tj has done 275 kms so far i bought it with 80,000 kms and i think the magnatec oil is best suited for it.I once went 15,000ks without a service and the engine never skipped a beat the oil was very dark but not black,so i think the magnetic molecules does really work.

Purchased in July 2004.

Nick

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rattle in the rockers

I have used magnatec for 20 years on my turbo cars and was very brand loyal as my cars never went wrong. I recently made up a 185kW turbo charged MX5 and it always had a rattle in the rockers until it built up oil pressure on start-up. I changed oil to old faithful magnatec and the rattle remained so next time round I thought I would push the boat out and go for a nulon full synthetic 10w-40 and hey presto no more rattle...... ever. I will now be recommending Nulon synthetic going forward and have also change my partners subaru oil to nulon.
I have now flogged off any magnatec I had in the garage for $1 on trademe (NZ version of ebay).

Purchased in February 2018.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

Absolutely rubbish oil

Purchased in December 2015.

FastTurtle

FastTurtleMelbourne

Good value and quality oil

Purchased in January 2019 at Repco for $30.00.

RonnyCraven

RonnyCravenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Solved a deep-seated problem

Although our pre-loved Skoda Octavia came with a bundle of proof-of-service dockets the car was a total disaster gulping a litre of oil every 450ks accompanied by much smoke. Our mechanic took out the plugs and they were scarcely usable. The diagnosis was that the previous owner had run the car on lowest grade ethanol and supermarket oil. We ignored Skoda's recommended oil grade (too late for that anyway) and filled up with Magnatec 10W-40. Three tankfuls of 98 octane petrol and a set of new plugs later and we never knew anything was wrong. Been using Magnatec ever since.

Purchased in November 2018.

toyota

toyotaperth

sludge blocked oil strainer

would not recommend.... after using for this oil for more than 50 k plus.and regular 10k or less oil changes. last oil change at only 5k previously . engine oil light came on at idle and damaged the engine and turbo and needed a full rebuild, oil pickup screen was blocked with oily sludge...be warned.....

Carhilux kun26
Aris

ArisMelbourne

Perfecto

I tried a number of different oils from mineral(15w40 nulon etc)semi synthetic (10w40 megnatec etc) synthetic (Penrith 5w40 -Castrol edge 5w30 etc) till I came across megnatec 5w30 stop start great oil with a difference really happy finally oh and on a last note I also found nulon 5w30 an excellent oil

CarFord territory 2004 with 250 000 ks on clock

Perfect, Genuine

I have found a genuine oil after a long time. Car is very smooth and temperature of oil is 4-5 degree celcius lower than before. Car mileage is 192k and its 530i bmw. I have not seen any better oil than this is my career of over 20 years till date. Its liquid engineering.

CarBMW 530i E60

Arkie

ArkieAdelaide

Great oil

Before changing the oil to Castrol magnitec my car had noticeable tappet noise. Immediately after the oil change and filter replacement the engine was notably quieter. The engine definitely feels a lot smoother than before.
Definitely recommend this oil to anyone who wants to preserve their engine and reduce wear.

CarMazda cx7
jerryChuan

jerryChuanMelbourne

Good oil

After changing engine oil from nulon long life to Castrol magnates, actually nothing changed much. What I can notice is it is more easier to rev up a little bit when accelerating. Other things like fuel economy, noise level, power does not changed much. I’ll say this is a good oil, concerned with its price, and it’s a "full" synthetic oil. Sometimes even cheaper than OZ brand Nulon and Penrite.

Car2008 Toyota Camry
Mick M

Mick MMelbourne

Excellent oil.

Been using Magnatec oil for many years, and wouldn't use anything else. It does exactly what it says it does, and the engine in my car loves it. Oil pressure is strong on start-up, and keeps strong even when hot. The previous oils with similar viscosity I used caused my engine's lifters to tick when hot, but not with this oil. The engine spins freely, and effortlessly. HIGHLY recommended oil!

Car1997 Ford Probe GT

suspicious review by "Someone" using wrong viscosity

Username Someone says, "Horror. The oil thickens for unknown reasons and chokes the engine. Like a glue." If that's true, it's probably because he used 10w-40 in cars that call for 5w-30. Misapplication equals product bashing? Like there already wasn't sludge in a 20 year old beater and other older cars? Also in the USA Magnatec is full synthetic.

Car2013 Honda Accord

Best ever

My Ford xr6 loves it and still very clean after 5000ks. Wouldn't use anything else...Anyone who says it sludges up must is lying or just plain out bull shitting them self's. Go grab a bottle and try it for your self. I promise you won't be disappointed.I won't use anything else.

CarFord xr6