Castrol Magnatec

Good value and quality oil

Are there better oils out there? Definitely and you pay accordingly. This product isn’t for you if you run a highly strung engine, go racing or require manufacturer specific oils.

This product is intended for the average motorist. I’m a car enthusiast myself and like keep my vehicles in top shape and like to get the best value (I’m not talking cheap and nasty).

I came across the product due to the regular deals at auto stores for 10w-40 and I wanted to standardise motor oil for all the family’s vehicles (family has 10 cars between us) - means less inventory and therefore less cost.

Been running this oil for many years with no issues - never used oil additives. Just oil and oil filter changes.

You no longer need oil additives - this oil will keep your engine very clean - if you have an engine with some light sludging - simply running this oil for the recommended interval along with oil filter you will instantly notice the inside of the engine getting cleaner.

Most of my driving is heavy urban and short distance freeway - which is very punishing for any oils due to fuel enrichment and carbon.

Pros:
- keeps the engine super clean (actually observing inside the cam cover and looking at the cams)
- great anti-sludge control for engines prone to sludge, due to strict emission controls.
- noticeably smoother operation
- excellent thermal stability, observation from oil temp gauge.
- value for money when on sale

Cons (nothing, but if I had to nit pick):
- tricky marketing can confuse people
- causes exhaust to be stinky on cold mornings, observation compared to other oils.

Purchased in January 2019 at Repco for $30.00.

Solved a deep-seated problem

Although our pre-loved Skoda Octavia came with a bundle of proof-of-service dockets the car was a total disaster gulping a litre of oil every 450ks accompanied by much smoke. Our mechanic took out the plugs and they were scarcely usable. The diagnosis was that the previous owner had run the car on lowest grade ethanol and supermarket oil. We ignored Skoda's recommended oil grade (too late for that anyway) and filled up with Magnatec 10W-40. Three tankfuls of 98 octane petrol and a set of new plugs later and we never knew anything was wrong. Been using Magnatec ever since.

Purchased in November 2018.

sludge blocked oil strainer

would not recommend.... after using for this oil for more than 50 k plus.and regular 10k or less oil changes. last oil change at only 5k previously . engine oil light came on at idle and damaged the engine and turbo and needed a full rebuild, oil pickup screen was blocked with oily sludge...be warned.....

Carhilux kun26

Perfecto

I tried a number of different oils from mineral(15w40 nulon etc)semi synthetic (10w40 megnatec etc) synthetic (Penrith 5w40 -Castrol edge 5w30 etc) till I came across megnatec 5w30 stop start great oil with a difference really happy finally oh and on a last note I also found nulon 5w30 an excellent oil

CarFord territory 2004 with 250 000 ks on clock

Perfect, Genuine

I have found a genuine oil after a long time. Car is very smooth and temperature of oil is 4-5 degree celcius lower than before. Car mileage is 192k and its 530i bmw. I have not seen any better oil than this is my career of over 20 years till date. Its liquid engineering.

CarBMW 530i E60

Great oil

Before changing the oil to Castrol magnitec my car had noticeable tappet noise. Immediately after the oil change and filter replacement the engine was notably quieter. The engine definitely feels a lot smoother than before.
Definitely recommend this oil to anyone who wants to preserve their engine and reduce wear.

CarMazda cx7

Good oil

After changing engine oil from nulon long life to Castrol magnates, actually nothing changed much. What I can notice is it is more easier to rev up a little bit when accelerating. Other things like fuel economy, noise level, power does not changed much. I’ll say this is a good oil, concerned with its price, and it’s a "full" synthetic oil. Sometimes even cheaper than OZ brand Nulon and Penrite.

Car2008 Toyota Camry

Excellent oil.

Been using Magnatec oil for many years, and wouldn't use anything else. It does exactly what it says it does, and the engine in my car loves it. Oil pressure is strong on start-up, and keeps strong even when hot. The previous oils with similar viscosity I used caused my engine's lifters to tick when hot, but not with this oil. The engine spins freely, and effortlessly. HIGHLY recommended oil!

Car1997 Ford Probe GT

suspicious review by "Someone" using wrong viscosity

Username Someone says, "Horror. The oil thickens for unknown reasons and chokes the engine. Like a glue." If that's true, it's probably because he used 10w-40 in cars that call for 5w-30. Misapplication equals product bashing? Like there already wasn't sludge in a 20 year old beater and other older cars? Also in the USA Magnatec is full synthetic.

Car2013 Honda Accord

Best ever

My Ford xr6 loves it and still very clean after 5000ks. Wouldn't use anything else...Anyone who says it sludges up must is lying or just plain out bull shitting them self's. Go grab a bottle and try it for your self. I promise you won't be disappointed.I won't use anything else.

CarFord xr6

Synonym for no quality

Horror. The oil thickens for unknown reasons and chokes the engine. Like a glue. I have never seen so much sludge in the car, although I was forced to change it at 2-3k km because I start losing it for some reason. Fuel economy is nonexistent with it. My mechanic recommended it to me and I used it in three petrol cars (my friend used it also, and had the same problems on diesel). When I took over the repair of the car in my hands, I used many oils and I never had such problems. I honestly would not recommend it to anyone.

CarFord Escort, VW Polo, Ford Focus

Best on the market

Brought this oil from Supercheap Auto on a few ocassions now because it has been the best we have ever used in our 2010 Ford Territory.
The car actually does run better and so much smoother from the first drive. Is definately worth the money and if you buy through Supercheap Auto and are a member and it goes on sale then you get some money back.

Car2010 Ford Territory Auto Petrol

High quality oil I could feel as soon as I drove after the oil and filter change !

I have used many types of engine oil in the past but never really felt any REAL difference. Granted that , psychologically, I felt that high quality oil surely is good for the engine. However, with the Castrol Magnatec 10W30, well, I could feel a difference !!! The car runs smoother and I could feel it !

CarMazda 6, 2005 ( May 2005 upgrade) , GG series, 2.3l, 5 speed auto.

Quality oil

I have always use this oil for many years and am pleased with the manufacturer's claims. My cars have run exceptionally well with using this oil. I try to purchase a few cans of this oil when it is on specials. The service intervals of my cars are usually 5000 to 7000 kms.

CarHonda Civic, Toyota Levin, Toyota MR 2, Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3 and Mitsubishi Galant

Do the job

Used this oil for toyota echo and i replaced this oil every 6000 ks and found this oil do the job, so i recommended this oil from now and i bought this oil castrol 10w40 when it can be half price at auto stores and thanks to magnatec technology

CarToyota Echo 2005

Great product

You can feel the different after the change. Really recommended for other users. Save me almost half $ on a synthetic oil when there is offer. But this product will slip thru the oil pan (old car). Not a main issue for me, just need to top up for the first month and gone later.

Car2004 toyota camry altis ACV36

Must buy item whenever they on special!

regularly i checked with supercheapauto catalog, often see some castrol oil on good deals. However only castrol magnatec catch my eyes everytime. Not only because the price can often reduced from $45 down to $23 for 5L, its also the performance and quality from Castrol that fulfilled my car's need.

Its great to always enjoy the smoothness from a running engine. Magnatec does great job especially when you start the engine from cold in the morning, I noticed the engine runs with less vibration that keep the noise down. These tells me that Castrol magnatec is providing a great protection to the engine. I am driving a 2012 2.5L Camry, i regularly change engine oil at an interval of 7500km for that past 5 years. Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 is always my choice that i trusted.

Car2012 toyota camry 2.5L 4 Cylinders

Nothing Compares With Castrol Lubricants

In pakistan there is a plethora of locally packed and imported engine oils.I have used in my three cars Havoline, Total and Castrol. Nothing compares with this excellent lubricant in terms of keeping the engine smooth and noiseless at a very affordable price. W 10-40 is especially very suitable for pak suzuki which recommends this viscosity for its cars. I wish Castrol had established proper outlets for its products in Pakistan.

CarSuzuki WagonR VXL 1.0 2016

I was surprised

Used this oil in a Holden V6 Alloytec that had previously run only 10-40 full synthetic oil. As most of them do it had a nasty rattle from the timing chain on start up, within a fortnight of changing to the Magnatec the start up rattle had completely gone
Zero improvement in fuel economy though

CarHolden VZ 3,6

Great Quality

As usual, best oil ever, keeps the engine cool and clean, reduce engine noises. It is expensive but worth it every cent. I have tried other brands but none of them offer the quality they castrol does. I also like the gear box oil for manual and automatic transmission.

CarToyota Corolla 2010