12Penrite HPR Range

Penrite HPR Range

4.4

71 reviews · Statistics

85% · 608 · 11%
See the Best Engine Oils in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Penrite HPR Range71 reviews
Tim
TimVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC27 posts
  Diesel 10 10W-40

Good oil, poor container quality

Love their products and always use them. The major issues I have are with the useless pourers that come with them that always leak everywhere meaning I always use my own funnel and also the oil level indicator on the sides of the large containers that you cannot even tell where the oil level is in the containers because you can't see through it! Seriously fix at least the level indicator as it is handy to see how much oil came out of the engine so can put some amount back in!
Ken Siebring
Ken SiebringVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC12 posts

Great oil !

I run this in my tdci territory, also ran it in my son's Celica, great oil , plenty of zinc and covers a wide range of uses ( Merc , BMW etc )
Doesn't breakdown under severe duty and the price is right
Highly recommended
Huge Steel BallsVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC17 posts

My Mercedes V8 Twin Turbo loves it

I just performed the annual service on my Merc using HPR5 Full Synthetic 5W-40 engine oil. It starts and runs super smooth with the twin turbos spooling up nicely. Penrite fluids also used for the Brake flush (Dot 5.1), Diff Oil change (GL-5 Pro Gear) and 8 Year Coolant. Supporting Aussie Made & Owned. Show details
Neil Bolton
Neil Bolton2 posts

Solid oil

Used in a 2008 Subaru JDM GT Legacy. Good oil for protecting the turbo and valvetrain. The high zinc content is good for the flat bucket tappets on these motors. I change my oil at 8000km Show details
peter c.
peter c.
  HPR

Highly recomended

I tried it on my 1969 Landrover 2286 petrol , stopped usual start up clatter, I have had 8 Land rovers , most had front end clatter on cold start up, very pleased, was recomended by Repco Show details
Daniel
DanielACTCanberra Central 2601, ACT11 posts

Consistency

Have to agree with all the other reviews I've used the diesel HPR in my 2.0 Freelander Td4 for 6 yrs . Great oil. I've just gotten back from a 2500 KLM round trip to Tassie from Canberra I'm at 8000 klms on this oil since changing .Pulled up at Gundagai to fill up and she's purring like a kitten with the precision of a sewing machine, after a non-stop run up from the spirit of Tasmania. Very reassuring would def recommend.
Gary White Auto.
Gary White Auto.NSWIllawarra, NSW4 posts
  10 10W-50

Over 20 years without a problem must surely prove a point

My workshop has exclusively used Penrite for over 20 years and recently in our n/a and turbo race cars for engine and gearbox.My customers and I couldn’t be happier.Every rebuild is where I see the significant protection improvement in customer engines! Show reply
Peter B.
Peter B.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  5 5W-40

Perfect product for performance vehicles and bikes

I have run a Boxster 6 on this oil and now 2 diesels on HPR 5w40. Can’t believe anyone can complain. Australia’s finest quality oil. I use MC4ST in all my bikes and have never had an issue with any of them. Show details ·  1
markodr650
markodr650QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Diesel 15 15W-50

Jaso ma rated for wet clutch bikes

Weve been useing this oil for years in 15w-50 rated engines includeing motorbikes even while working clutches feverishly up steep hills ,it's never failed to go the distance in queensland 40 plus c+ summers, its smooth and decisive gear changes its a no brainer!, better than the low zinc/ boron oils keeps youre petrol engines super clean because its a heavy duty semi synthetic diesel oil buy it in bulk save a bit of coin too Show details ·  1
Brian Howard
Brian HowardNSWSydney, NSW11 posts
  Verified 10 10W-50

One Of The VERY BEST Oils Available For Road Cars

I use Penrite exclusively for my high performance FG-X XR6 Turbo Sprint. After much research and the fact it is Australian I decided, years ago, this would be the way to ensure a long life and the best from my Sprint. I also use Pentrite in my diff and it has made such a difference to noise levels and groaning - all disappeared. The motor spins noticeably more freely, starts easier. I really stocked up during a special a while back - see my pic shown here! I'm very confident in Penrite, I love it - proof is in the pudding and very comfortable recommending the brand (specifically this oil) to anybody who wants the best synthetic oil available for their prized beast. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Brodz
Brodz
  HPR

Who ever decided to put a hole in the fuller cap is a complete idiot

Haven't brought the oil in awhile and normally I get a bit of cut of hose and squeeze oil into diff saving time and money with pumps now all of a sudden some clown chooses to put a hole in the Fuller cap why? Waste time and oil other than that it is an a-grade product just don't change things when their not broke
 Show details
Penrite Oil
Penrite Oil   DM

Hi Brodz, Sorry to hear your unhappy with our product, but we thank you for the feedback and have passed it on to our Product Development Team for review.

Peter
Peter4 posts

Penrite - Quality Australian oil

I am a big supporter of quality products and have been using Penrite oils in my vehicles for over two decades now. I have used this engine oil for the past 180,000 kms in my 2011 Hyundai CRDi Wagon - when I began performing my own services after the warranty period had been exceeded 5 years ago. The vehicle has just clocked up 360,000 kilometres and the engine still runs like a dream. The oil consumption is negligible over the 15,000 km oil change intervals. The engine is quiet and starts without the typical diesel warm up rattles of an engine of this age. I highly recommend this product. Well done Penrite! Show details ·  1
Farmer Dave
Farmer Dave 4 posts
  Diesel 10 10W-40

Great oil across a wide range of vehicles

I have used this oil for years and never had any issues. I find it very flexible in its uses and put in it my diesel Mitsubishi Triton, petrol Holden captiva and even in my motorcycle which has a wet clutch with no issue. Buy 20 litre containers which is great value.  Show reply
Paul R.
Paul R.

Highly Recommended Engine Oil

I have used Penrite products for many years. The synthetic oil is a very good product that I always use in my V8 SS - HPR 5. No issues with oil consumption and no start up rattles. I will also be using Penrite in my Mazda 3 GT now the warranty has expired. Show details ·  1
snoofy
snoofyQLDNorth Queensland, QLD3 posts
  30 20W-60

Not good

Used it on my BMW r1100rt 1997 model and had to change it the next day. Motor got Noisy and Rattalee. And yes it was motor bike oil 20w50 DON'T USE IT Show details
Penrite Oil
Penrite Oil   DM

Hi Snoofy, Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with our product. You are welcome to contact our Technical Team who may be able to assist you further. The Technical Team contact number is 1300 736 748 or email: lubetech@penriteoil.com.au