See the Best Engine Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Denis KilnerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The oil is tops. but the size is not.

I have always found Penrite oils to be exceptional, and have used them exclusively in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am not very fond of the size of the containers available now, as I need 10.5 liters of oil in the engine sump and 4.5 liters in the transmission. It means that I have to purchase make up size containers at an increase in cost. As I wrote at the start Penrite oil products are 5 star. Kindest Regards Denis Kilner

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Denis, Thanks for the positive feedback, we appreciate your support. We are continually trying to cater to different capacities and have recently brought out a 7L pack size. We will pass on your feedback in regards to larger than 10L pack sizes.

halohunterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My hybrid love it, However should have gone with 10-30 instead or 10-40

My hybrid love it, even though i went a bit too thick should have went with 10w-30 or 10w40. I'm not sure if Toyota dealer even change my oil as every morning during cold start every time i put it in to gear I have that horrible scary click, now it is out of warranty, so the oil change myself, no more click during cold start and the engine runs quiter, when it needs to run cuz you know.... Hybrid

Purchased in September 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $38.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi! Thanks for taking the time in leaving us a review. We appreciate it.

halohunter

No worries, however, can you guy update the logo, it looks old style and cheap, before i gave it a try, i thought you guy were some cheap chinese brand

Frederick Von Savages

Frederick Von SavagesAU

Aussie owned & a great oil

Using the HPR5 5w/40 in the camry & it's a step up from the Gulf Western that was in it previously.
Kudos to the Penrite live chat people on their website,they are very helpful.
Bargain @ $36 from Supercheap when on sale for the 6 litre container
Next time i'll try the 10 tenths in the camry

Purchased in May 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $36.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Frederick, Thanks for taking the time to leave us positive feedback. Your support is very much appreciated.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

High wear observed in oil

This is for a Magna 6G74 engine on LPG. Very poor experience with this oil that I bought based on the certifications listed on the bottle. The used oil had high copper amounts. It makes me question the validity of those claims.

Purchased in June 2017.

Jason

Jason

Penrite HPR 5 is the best oil I've used.

I have a 2004 Corolla that has covered 340,000km, with the original engine, never having been replaced or overhauled. I've used Penrite HPR 5 for the last 3 changes, of which- every 15,000km. The engine is quieter and uses less oil (virtually no oil) compared to the other "fully synthetic" oils I've used. Outstanding product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $70.00.

Hi Jason,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review.

kev

kevMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My car loves me for it

Since I purchased my Mitsubishi TL over 4 years ago, and converted to dual fuel, I have not experienced any problem, I now use Penrite for all my lubricating needs, my car is purrrrrrrrrrring like a kitten. So am I,
thank you Penrite!!

Purchased in January 2015.

Hi Kev,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review.

effie blues

effie bluesVictoria

ford 7.3 powerstroke superduty

the recommended oil as per user manual for f350 7.3 power stroke. either WSS-M2C171-C or CJ4 , CI-4 is the older american standard. hope this helps those trying get the right product as even the recommended by thr website doesnt give the accurate. most of time its the older CI-4.

Carford 1999.5 f350 7.3 powerstroke 4x4

Markwa

MarkwaPerth, WA

Can't go wrong with Penrite

Used HPR5 for over a decade in my old car and it never used a drop of oil between services and ran as good as new. While the formula has changed a bit over the years I now use HPR5 in my new car and again never uses a drop of oil between services and runs nicely. I love Penrite oils and would recommend it over anything else.

CarNissan Micra K11. Ford Fiesta WT.
Maninder

ManinderMelbourne

Love it !!!!!!!

Used hpr 5 and loved my engine performance and mileage. Used Penrite engine flush as well when doing oil change. And you what oil is as clean on dipstick after 4000 kms as I have just changed oil now . Simply loved it . Was on special in supercheap bought 2 buckets of 10 litres for myself.

CarCommodore

The Perfect oil for a hard towing V8.

Car2004 Toyota Sahara 4.7lt V8.auto.

4.7l V8 100 series landcruiser engine

since buying my beautiful landcruiser 2nd hand 165000klms was not sure what oil to use so did a search on your penrite search page and came up with this product. it uses no oil whatsoever and at 5000klms oil still looks brand new dont know what magic you guys are into but it appears that your product is the pinnacle of oil technology. no other product shall go near my baby cruiser ever again even runs cooler as well, you n guys know ur stuff thank you for looking after my vehicle. should reach 500,000 klms without an issue. take care!

Car2005 100 series landcruiser 4.7l V8 165000klms now at 175000klms quieter than ever, thanks a bunch

This is excellent!!

Before using this oil I used Royalpurple's HPS.
Royalpurple was a good oil, but oil leakage occurred.
In addition to the property that the engine of my car originally leaks easily, Royalpurple may be caused by PAO base oil.
After exchanging with Penrite HPR, the oil leak has stopped.
Penrite not only seems to have protected the engine by checking whether the oil film is strong, it seems that rise in oil temperature is suppressed as well.
The engine feeling also became smooth and torqueful, so I am really satisfied with changing the oil.
Afterwards it is best if this feeling continues to about 5000 km.
If so, I will also make the next oil change HPR.

Car1991 Porsche 964
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for giving our HPR product a go! We are glad that it has helped your previous problems with your vehicle. Also, thank you for taking the time to review us.

1991AirCooled
1991AirCooled

Thank you for your reply!
Recently, other oil companies have released engine oil for high mileage, but is Penrite possible to release such oil?

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Keeping the rotor happy.

Was hunting around for ages for a decent mineral oil, synthetic ones cause some issues with rotary engines (Google it).
Used the engine recommendation tool on their website, and contacted them directly to confirm my research and landed on the HPR 30.
Engine is loving it and I don't think she'll be seeing any other oil from now on.

Car1979 RX-7
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi George, Thanks for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that our HPR 30 is working out for you. Thanks again for your support.

Ben

BenCanberra

Good for my 2011 V8 Merc E550

I'd been wasting my money on Mobil 1 as Mercedes recommend it. I dare say the recommendation comes from $$$ Mobil pay them to make the recommendation rather than the oil being superior to other top oils. I switched to HPR5 5W-40 which has the Mercedes 229.5 Approval. I can't fault it after using it for about a year now. I do 5,000km oil changes as I do lots of short trips and give the engine a fair bit of stick. The engine is silky smooth, makes no valvetrain noise and gets similar fuel economy to my previous oil. The bonus is it's half the price of Mobil 1 but the same quality. Love it.

Car2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 (5.5L V8)
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for the kind feedback and support Ben! Glad our product is performing well.

Saml

Saml

Great value for money

CarHOLDEN Commodore
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your support Sami and taking the time to leave us a kind review.

Isaac Vivienne

Isaac VivienneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No issues whatsoever - so far...

I have been running Penrite 5W40 'Fully Synthetic' for over 6 year now in a 2009 Toyota Camry V6 & 4 years in a 2012 Ford Focus). Whether doing 'school runs' or holiday 'road trips', both cars run exceptionally well using this oil (winter/summer cold starts, smoothness, etc.) . Oil pressure is immediate on startup & oil consumption is minimal between services. A great 'value for money' fully synthetic engine oil..

Car2009 Toyota Camry / 2012 Ford Focus
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks Issac for your kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, it is very much appreciated. We are glad your are happy with using our products in your Camry and Focus.

tommy

tommynewcastle

Its ok

I think its ok im not complaining but i think i with go back to nulon 5w -30 as my fuel milage has dropped a bit from 8 ltrs per hundred to 9.4 ltrs per 100 but otherwise its ok i just dont like how its dropped in fuel miiage

CarTurbo diesel triton mn

Bobo

BoboAU

Best oil I've ever used. Period!

BA XR8 Manual. Bought the car at 163000kms, it's now at 570000kms. Since I bought it I've always used HPR 10, changing oil at every 15000kms. The car travels from central Vic to Melbourne (Docklands) & back every day & is definitely NOT babied. This engine is still dead smooth & dead quiet, Still pulls strong to red line when asked to, blows no smoke & doesn't need any oil top up between changes - Each 15000kms uses roughly 5-600mls. Most reliable engine I've ever owned & I'm sure that's largely due to the Penrite HPR 10. Love this oil!

Car2004 Ford XR8 Ute
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Bobo, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It is amazing story of how well your XR8 is doing.

Stevo

Stevomelbourne

2009 Hi Lux on gas (mostly) 400k klms and going strong

Been using Penrites Gas10 since new, changing every 10k. Despite the dealers attempts to sow fear and uncertainty the result has been a reliable truck that hasnt had a problem and continues now in light family use.
Also use HPR 30 on older club permit cars with great results. I like to support a manufacturer that provides products for older machines (gearbox oils, shock absorber oil etc)

Car2009 HiLux
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks Stevo for your kind review!

jase1987

jase1987AU

Seems To Be Good Oil!

Purchased a old hilux with high kms, was running shell helix 15-40 and mechanic done roadworthy put castrol 15-40 in it, seem to run alright but was burning threw it. had rear main seal fixed and then swapped to HPR30
and so far the old ute runs better. i do have small timing chain rattle but that's due to old owner not doing regular maintenance.

Car1992 hilux
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks for leaving us a review Jase