High wear observed in oil

This is for a Magna 6G74 engine on LPG. Very poor experience with this oil that I bought based on the certifications listed on the bottle. The used oil had high copper amounts. It makes me question the validity of those claims.

Purchased in June 2017.

Penrite HPR 5 is the best oil I've used.

I have a 2004 Corolla that has covered 340,000km, with the original engine, never having been replaced or overhauled. I've used Penrite HPR 5 for the last 3 changes, of which- every 15,000km. The engine is quieter and uses less oil (virtually no oil) compared to the other "fully synthetic" oils I've used. Outstanding product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $70.00.

My car loves me for it

Since I purchased my Mitsubishi TL over 4 years ago, and converted to dual fuel, I have not experienced any problem, I now use Penrite for all my lubricating needs, my car is purrrrrrrrrrring like a kitten. So am I,
thank you Penrite!!

Purchased in January 2015.

ford 7.3 powerstroke superduty

the recommended oil as per user manual for f350 7.3 power stroke. either WSS-M2C171-C or CJ4 , CI-4 is the older american standard. hope this helps those trying get the right product as even the recommended by thr website doesnt give the accurate. most of time its the older CI-4.

Carford 1999.5 f350 7.3 powerstroke 4x4

Can't go wrong with Penrite

Used HPR5 for over a decade in my old car and it never used a drop of oil between services and ran as good as new. While the formula has changed a bit over the years I now use HPR5 in my new car and again never uses a drop of oil between services and runs nicely. I love Penrite oils and would recommend it over anything else.

CarNissan Micra K11. Ford Fiesta WT.

Love it !!!!!!!

Used hpr 5 and loved my engine performance and mileage. Used Penrite engine flush as well when doing oil change. And you what oil is as clean on dipstick after 4000 kms as I have just changed oil now . Simply loved it . Was on special in supercheap bought 2 buckets of 10 litres for myself.

CarCommodore

The Perfect oil for a hard towing V8.

I have have used Penrite HPR 10 - 10w 50w oil in my 2004 Sahara V8...mods Extractors,into 4inch Taipan S/s muffler into 4inch resonator & single tail pipe, Ships Turbos Hi Temp Heat Insulation covering Air K & N filter Cleaner and Throttle body intake.. UniChipped, Dyno tuned V8 for the last 9 years also Towing a Future.System Jet670 2.8+ ton caravan twice round Oz each trip well over 15mths & 29 thousand Klms plus and it never used oil between the 5thou to 6thou Oil changes when Towing, or the 9 thou to 10k just the Sahara only, its never overheated or had any motor problems now at 225229ks it goes just like it did 12 years ago when i bought it with 85 thousand ks on the clock...But Before each " Loop " All Fluids were changed No Exceptions. I still checked the oil as frequently on the 2nd trip as i did on the 1st but i gained much more confidence in the Penrite Oil that i was using on the 2nd trip as i progressed. i check my oil every night regardless long after setting up my caravan, I have great confidence in Penrite Oil after 2 long around Australia Trips.

Car2004 Toyota Sahara 4.7lt V8.auto.

4.7l V8 100 series landcruiser engine

since buying my beautiful landcruiser 2nd hand 165000klms was not sure what oil to use so did a search on your penrite search page and came up with this product. it uses no oil whatsoever and at 5000klms oil still looks brand new dont know what magic you guys are into but it appears that your product is the pinnacle of oil technology. no other product shall go near my baby cruiser ever again even runs cooler as well, you n guys know ur stuff thank you for looking after my vehicle. should reach 500,000 klms without an issue. take care!

Car2005 100 series landcruiser 4.7l V8 165000klms now at 175000klms quieter than ever, thanks a bunch

This is excellent!!

Before using this oil I used Royalpurple's HPS.
Royalpurple was a good oil, but oil leakage occurred.
In addition to the property that the engine of my car originally leaks easily, Royalpurple may be caused by PAO base oil.
After exchanging with Penrite HPR, the oil leak has stopped.
Penrite not only seems to have protected the engine by checking whether the oil film is strong, it seems that rise in oil temperature is suppressed as well.
The engine feeling also became smooth and torqueful, so I am really satisfied with changing the oil.
Afterwards it is best if this feeling continues to about 5000 km.
If so, I will also make the next oil change HPR.

Car1991 Porsche 964
Thanks for giving our HPR product a go! We are glad that it has helped your previous problems with your vehicle. Also, thank you for taking the time to review us.Thank you for your reply! Recently, other oil companies have released engine oil for high mileage, but is Penrite possible to release such oil?

Keeping the rotor happy.

Was hunting around for ages for a decent mineral oil, synthetic ones cause some issues with rotary engines (Google it).
Used the engine recommendation tool on their website, and contacted them directly to confirm my research and landed on the HPR 30.
Engine is loving it and I don't think she'll be seeing any other oil from now on.

Car1979 RX-7
Hi George, Thanks for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that our HPR 30 is working out for you. Thanks again for your support.

Good for my 2011 V8 Merc E550

I'd been wasting my money on Mobil 1 as Mercedes recommend it. I dare say the recommendation comes from $$$ Mobil pay them to make the recommendation rather than the oil being superior to other top oils. I switched to HPR5 5W-40 which has the Mercedes 229.5 Approval. I can't fault it after using it for about a year now. I do 5,000km oil changes as I do lots of short trips and give the engine a fair bit of stick. The engine is silky smooth, makes no valvetrain noise and gets similar fuel economy to my previous oil. The bonus is it's half the price of Mobil 1 but the same quality. Love it.

Car2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 (5.5L V8)
Thanks for the kind feedback and support Ben! Glad our product is performing well.

Great value for money

In the past 20 years I used probably every possible oil you could buy in Australia.
I used Shell Helix for a long time and then switched to HPR5 in my 2010 sv6 commodore. I did 7500km oil changes and looooved HPR5. Not expensive, clean engine...smooth...
No negatives... HPR5 is great. Sold car with 80 000km on the clock and engine internals were as clean as on day one and the engine was silky smooth.
I now have 2016 commodore with LS3 and have to use enviro plus 5w-30 (because warranty). As soon as the warranty is out I will switch to HPR5. I think 5w-30 viscosity in big alloy V8 in Australia is a bit thin.
I lobe that my choice is keeping Australians employed and it is good to have local business around as opposed to filling the pockets of multinational corporations.
I love Penrite oils !!!

CarHOLDEN Commodore
Thanks for your support Sami and taking the time to leave us a kind review.

No issues whatsoever - so far...

I have been running Penrite 5W40 'Fully Synthetic' for over 6 year now in a 2009 Toyota Camry V6 & 4 years in a 2012 Ford Focus). Whether doing 'school runs' or holiday 'road trips', both cars run exceptionally well using this oil (winter/summer cold starts, smoothness, etc.) . Oil pressure is immediate on startup & oil consumption is minimal between services. A great 'value for money' fully synthetic engine oil..

Car2009 Toyota Camry / 2012 Ford Focus
Thanks Issac for your kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, it is very much appreciated. We are glad your are happy with using our products in your Camry and Focus.

Its ok

I think its ok im not complaining but i think i with go back to nulon 5w -30 as my fuel milage has dropped a bit from 8 ltrs per hundred to 9.4 ltrs per 100 but otherwise its ok i just dont like how its dropped in fuel miiage

CarTurbo diesel triton mn
Thanks for leaving us a review Tommy, it's unfortunate that your seeing a difference between the oils in your vehicle. Your more than welcome to call our Tech Team to see if they can help to find out why this is the case. They can be contacted on 1300 736 748 or lubetech@penriteoil.com.au

Best bar none

I have a injected 302 Windsor V8 built by Tickford which has tight tolerances. The recommended oil is HPR 15w 50 which is a great oil but I have try'd a few grades and I like HPR 5w 40 for my motor and the driving conditions and temperatures it is exposed to. Fast circulation & good pressure at cold starts and pressure maintains in hot weather equally as well, even with spirited driving. I change my oil & oil filter every 5000kms without fail. I know I can get double the mileage but it is dirty enough so its doing its job. Love the Australian aspect of Penrite and their customer service is excellent.

October 10th 2018 Update: Australian made & owned world beater.

I have been using Penrite products for many years and have always found they do what they designed for, very well. I love supporting Australian company's, keeping money here should be everybody's priority. I use HPR 5W40 in my Ford 5.0i Windsor V8's after trialling a couple of different weights. I recently bought another AU XR8 S3 5 speed sedan which had been using Castrol synthetic. It has 119,000kms on it, and I found the cold starts a little noisy so I ran a Penrite engine flush through it, then changed over to the HPR5W40 along with a new oil filter, problem solved. I change my oil much sooner than needed & I always use a flush beforehand. Complete overkill some will say, but my engines are as tight as a drum & run beautifully with Penrite. I like the new enviro boxes which are great for the home mechanic like myself.

CarFord Falcon XR8
Thanks for the kind feedback XR8CAMSo many people I know use Penrite as they have found it is so suitable for Australian conditions, which are unique compared to Europe & America. I love it, it has improved fuel consumption, oil pressure & mileage in some friends cars after they have switched over to the HPR range. I always use the Penrite engine flush with every change and it always works, so I know my engine is as good as it can be. We had our first run of really hot weather. A week of high 30 degree days and my car's temp didn't budge once & oil pressure was as strong as always. I recently flushed my brakes with Penrite and I also replaced the LSD diff oil with Penrite. Both have had noticeable improvements.Glad to see you are liking our products and thanks so much for supporting us.

Best oil I've ever used. Period!

BA XR8 Manual. Bought the car at 163000kms, it's now at 570000kms. Since I bought it I've always used HPR 10, changing oil at every 15000kms. The car travels from central Vic to Melbourne (Docklands) & back every day & is definitely NOT babied. This engine is still dead smooth & dead quiet, Still pulls strong to red line when asked to, blows no smoke & doesn't need any oil top up between changes - Each 15000kms uses roughly 5-600mls. Most reliable engine I've ever owned & I'm sure that's largely due to the Penrite HPR 10. Love this oil!

Car2004 Ford XR8 Ute
Hi Bobo, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It is amazing story of how well your XR8 is doing.

2009 Hi Lux on gas (mostly) 400k klms and going strong

Been using Penrites Gas10 since new, changing every 10k. Despite the dealers attempts to sow fear and uncertainty the result has been a reliable truck that hasnt had a problem and continues now in light family use.
Also use HPR 30 on older club permit cars with great results. I like to support a manufacturer that provides products for older machines (gearbox oils, shock absorber oil etc)

Car2009 HiLux
Thanks Stevo for your kind review!

Seems To Be Good Oil!

Purchased a old hilux with high kms, was running shell helix 15-40 and mechanic done roadworthy put castrol 15-40 in it, seem to run alright but was burning threw it. had rear main seal fixed and then swapped to HPR30
and so far the old ute runs better. i do have small timing chain rattle but that's due to old owner not doing regular maintenance.

Car1992 hilux
Thanks for leaving us a review Jase

Great for cold weather starts

Bought a new Isuzu mux diesel suv but the oil recommended for this was from 5w 30 up to a 15w 40, I wanted to stay with a diesel specific oil of ch4 or ci4 plus, E7, i tried the 15w 40 that was on the list of oils to use, but this felt heavy for starting in the cold and would take forever to warm up, plus my fuel usage went up and engine felt lumpy if only in cold weather, Penrite hpr diesel 5 met what was looking for, sae, api, acea, etc, the specs met this, this oil being a group 2 and 3 base oils was good as well, very pleased with results, fuel went back to normal, very pleased indeed this oil was better suited to the Isuzu dmax mux motor no particulate filter on this model 2016, went out and bought 70 litres when it was on special, do your research carefully, one tip I would like to pass on is this, if your injection noise is still loud when engine is warm, your oil may be to heavy, good luck.

Car2016 Isuzu mux
Thanks for taking the time to review us Stewpot

Good Stuff

Run this in my race engine and after 2 seasons pulled down the bottom end to replace rod and crank bearings. To my surprise minimal wear was noted, in fact the main bearings were reused and the rod bearings replaced as routine. Best oil I have used in this application.

Car4age Toyota
Thanks for the kind review John!