See the Best Engine Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bill

BillPerth, WA

The Good Oil

Purchased in September 2019 at Supercheap Auto.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Bill, We are glad that you're happy with the change to our HPR 5 for your Ford Territory. Also thanks for taking the time in leaving us a positive review!

robboSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mazda T3500

My Mazda bus has 298K on the clock , Have used Penrite HPR Deisel for the past four oil changes . The old girl loves it , donk always sounds sweet . Also support Australian companies! Can't supply receipt for purchase as my last one was back in 1018 .

Purchased in October 2018 at Super Cheap Auto .

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Robbo! Thanks for taking the time to review us and your positive feedback. We appreciate your on-going support.

robbo

Always positive when a product is good . Even using your chain bar oil now , sticks to chain well !

Denis KilnerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The oil is tops. but the size is not.

I have always found Penrite oils to be exceptional, and have used them exclusively in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am not very fond of the size of the containers available now, as I need 10.5 liters of oil in the engine sump and 4.5 liters in the transmission. It means that I have to purchase make up size containers at an increase in cost. As I wrote at the start Penrite oil products are 5 star. Kindest Regards Denis Kilner

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Denis, Thanks for the positive feedback, we appreciate your support. We are continually trying to cater to different capacities and have recently brought out a 7L pack size. We will pass on your feedback in regards to larger than 10L pack sizes.

halohunterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My hybrid love it, However should have gone with 10-30 instead or 10-40

My hybrid love it, even though i went a bit too thick should have went with 10w-30 or 10w40. I'm not sure if Toyota dealer even change my oil as every morning during cold start every time i put it in to gear I have that horrible scary click, now it is out of warranty, so the oil change myself, no more click during cold start and the engine runs quiter, when it needs to run cuz you know.... Hybrid

Purchased in September 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $38.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi! Thanks for taking the time in leaving us a review. We appreciate it.

halohunter

No worries, however, can you guy update the logo, it looks old style and cheap, before i gave it a try, i thought you guy were some cheap chinese brand

Aussie owned & a great oil

Using the HPR5 5w/40 in the camry & it's a step up from the Gulf Western that was in it previously.
Kudos to the Penrite live chat people on their website,they are very helpful.
Bargain @ $36 from Supercheap when on sale for the 6 litre container
Next time i'll try the 10 tenths in the camry

Purchased in May 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $36.00.

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Frederick, Thanks for taking the time to leave us positive feedback. Your support is very much appreciated.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

High wear observed in oil

This is for a Magna 6G74 engine on LPG. Very poor experience with this oil that I bought based on the certifications listed on the bottle. The used oil had high copper amounts. It makes me question the validity of those claims.

Purchased in June 2017.

Jason

Jason

Penrite HPR 5 is the best oil I've used.

I have a 2004 Corolla that has covered 340,000km, with the original engine, never having been replaced or overhauled. I've used Penrite HPR 5 for the last 3 changes, of which- every 15,000km. The engine is quieter and uses less oil (virtually no oil) compared to the other "fully synthetic" oils I've used. Outstanding product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $70.00.

Hi Jason,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review.

kev

kevMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My car loves me for it

Since I purchased my Mitsubishi TL over 4 years ago, and converted to dual fuel, I have not experienced any problem, I now use Penrite for all my lubricating needs, my car is purrrrrrrrrrring like a kitten. So am I,
thank you Penrite!!

Purchased in January 2015.

Hi Kev,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review.

effie blues

effie bluesVictoria

ford 7.3 powerstroke superduty

the recommended oil as per user manual for f350 7.3 power stroke. either WSS-M2C171-C or CJ4 , CI-4 is the older american standard. hope this helps those trying get the right product as even the recommended by thr website doesnt give the accurate. most of time its the older CI-4.

Carford 1999.5 f350 7.3 powerstroke 4x4
Markwa

MarkwaPerth, WA

Can't go wrong with Penrite

Used HPR5 for over a decade in my old car and it never used a drop of oil between services and ran as good as new. While the formula has changed a bit over the years I now use HPR5 in my new car and again never uses a drop of oil between services and runs nicely. I love Penrite oils and would recommend it over anything else.

CarNissan Micra K11. Ford Fiesta WT.

Maninder

ManinderMelbourne

Love it !!!!!!!

Used hpr 5 and loved my engine performance and mileage. Used Penrite engine flush as well when doing oil change. And you what oil is as clean on dipstick after 4000 kms as I have just changed oil now . Simply loved it . Was on special in supercheap bought 2 buckets of 10 litres for myself.

CarCommodore

The Perfect oil for a hard towing V8.

Car2004 Toyota Sahara 4.7lt V8.auto.

4.7l V8 100 series landcruiser engine

since buying my beautiful landcruiser 2nd hand 165000klms was not sure what oil to use so did a search on your penrite search page and came up with this product. it uses no oil whatsoever and at 5000klms oil still looks brand new dont know what magic you guys are into but it appears that your product is the pinnacle of oil technology. no other product shall go near my baby cruiser ever again even runs cooler as well, you n guys know ur stuff thank you for looking after my vehicle. should reach 500,000 klms without an issue. take care!

Car2005 100 series landcruiser 4.7l V8 165000klms now at 175000klms quieter than ever, thanks a bunch

This is excellent!!

Before using this oil I used Royalpurple's HPS.
Royalpurple was a good oil, but oil leakage occurred.
In addition to the property that the engine of my car originally leaks easily, Royalpurple may be caused by PAO base oil.
After exchanging with Penrite HPR, the oil leak has stopped.
Penrite not only seems to have protected the engine by checking whether the oil film is strong, it seems that rise in oil temperature is suppressed as well.
The engine feeling also became smooth and torqueful, so I am really satisfied with changing the oil.
Afterwards it is best if this feeling continues to about 5000 km.
If so, I will also make the next oil change HPR.

Car1991 Porsche 964
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for giving our HPR product a go! We are glad that it has helped your previous problems with your vehicle. Also, thank you for taking the time to review us.

1991AirCooled
1991AirCooled

Thank you for your reply!
Recently, other oil companies have released engine oil for high mileage, but is Penrite possible to release such oil?

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Keeping the rotor happy.

Was hunting around for ages for a decent mineral oil, synthetic ones cause some issues with rotary engines (Google it).
Used the engine recommendation tool on their website, and contacted them directly to confirm my research and landed on the HPR 30.
Engine is loving it and I don't think she'll be seeing any other oil from now on.

Car1979 RX-7
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi George, Thanks for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that our HPR 30 is working out for you. Thanks again for your support.

Ben

BenCanberra

Good for my 2011 V8 Merc E550

I'd been wasting my money on Mobil 1 as Mercedes recommend it. I dare say the recommendation comes from $$$ Mobil pay them to make the recommendation rather than the oil being superior to other top oils. I switched to HPR5 5W-40 which has the Mercedes 229.5 Approval. I can't fault it after using it for about a year now. I do 5,000km oil changes as I do lots of short trips and give the engine a fair bit of stick. The engine is silky smooth, makes no valvetrain noise and gets similar fuel economy to my previous oil. The bonus is it's half the price of Mobil 1 but the same quality. Love it.

Car2011 Mercedes-Benz E550 (5.5L V8)
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for the kind feedback and support Ben! Glad our product is performing well.

Saml

Saml

Great value for money

CarHOLDEN Commodore
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Thanks for your support Sami and taking the time to leave us a kind review.

Isaac Vivienne

Isaac VivienneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No issues whatsoever - so far...

I have been running Penrite 5W40 'Fully Synthetic' for over 6 year now in a 2009 Toyota Camry V6 & 4 years in a 2012 Ford Focus). Whether doing 'school runs' or holiday 'road trips', both cars run exceptionally well using this oil (winter/summer cold starts, smoothness, etc.) . Oil pressure is immediate on startup & oil consumption is minimal between services. A great 'value for money' fully synthetic engine oil..

Car2009 Toyota Camry / 2012 Ford Focus
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Thanks Issac for your kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, it is very much appreciated. We are glad your are happy with using our products in your Camry and Focus.

tommy

tommynewcastle

Its ok

I think its ok im not complaining but i think i with go back to nulon 5w -30 as my fuel milage has dropped a bit from 8 ltrs per hundred to 9.4 ltrs per 100 but otherwise its ok i just dont like how its dropped in fuel miiage

CarTurbo diesel triton mn
Penrite Oil T.Penrite Oil

Bobo

BoboAU

Best oil I've ever used. Period!

BA XR8 Manual. Bought the car at 163000kms, it's now at 570000kms. Since I bought it I've always used HPR 10, changing oil at every 15000kms. The car travels from central Vic to Melbourne (Docklands) & back every day & is definitely NOT babied. This engine is still dead smooth & dead quiet, Still pulls strong to red line when asked to, blows no smoke & doesn't need any oil top up between changes - Each 15000kms uses roughly 5-600mls. Most reliable engine I've ever owned & I'm sure that's largely due to the Penrite HPR 10. Love this oil!

Car2004 Ford XR8 Ute
Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Bobo, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It is amazing story of how well your XR8 is doing.

Richard brown

Richard brownasked

I have put hpr 15w-50 in my recently purchased 2009 Mitsubishi triton (3.2 ltr engine). It has been well looked after and has full service history (147000km). I will have my mechanic do the book services at 15000km but I intend to do an oil change myself at 7500km. I live in North Queensland so ambient temperatures are high in summer and this is why I chose to use this weight oil. The Penrite chart recommends 10w-40 for my vehicle but the ambient temp recommendations do overlap between these two oils, within temp ranges in my area. Im probably splitting hairs here but have I made a correct choice? Would it be advisable to use the 10w-40 in winter. Appreciate second opinion.

robbo

Sorry, Richard, I can't comment on that grade 15w-50 as mine is an older Perkins diesel & I use 20w-60 . I'm somewhat further south . Good Luck ! John .

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Richard, It would be best to call our Techincal Team on 1300 736 748 or email tech@penriteoil.com.au to get a recommendation.

mark

markasked

is hpr 50 okay to use in a old diesel engine that is burning oil

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Mark, Best to contact our Tech Team on 1300 736 748 or email tech@penriteoil.com.au

Tom

Tomasked

I have a 2006 Lexus IS 250 with 140k, is Hpr 10 10/50 the recommended oil for these kilometres

Penrite OilPenrite Oil

Hi Tom, Thanks for your interest, For a 2006 Lexus IS250 with fairly low kms we would recommend using our HPR 5, Full Synthetic 5W-40. For further information please contact our Technical Support 1300 736 748.

Get an answer from our members and Penrite Oil representatives