Hankook Optimo K415

Hankook Optimo K415

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Performance is okay, but already has bubbles on sidewall.

Suitable for low power cars only. Dry grip is acceptable, wet grip is underwhelming. Side tread is already around 1.5mm after only 10,000kms at correct tyre pressures. There are also small bubbles on some of the tyres, and I've never even scraped or hit the sidewalls. Wouldn't purchase again.

Tyre Mileage10,000 km
Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic grip and life

I've been using these tyres on my old Magna wagon for many years and on the Magma before my current car. Excellent build quality, no balancing issues or other manufacturing defects. Fantastic grip especially in the wet. Very long life, I'm getting about four years on the front and the backs seem to last forever. The Magna is very hard on front tyres.

Purchased at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Tyre Mileage80,000 km
Car ModelMitsubishi Magna
Tyre Pressure Used34 PSI
Greggo

GreggoSouth East Queensland, QLD

ON PAR WITH OTHER TYRES FOR LIBERTY

Have had these Optimo K415 tyres on my wifes 2008 Liberty for one year now and after this period can recommend them. We are average drivers and do not have any exaggerated expectations of handling in wet or cornering etc. The car originally came with B/stone Potenza RE050, I then fitted Maxxis Victra i Pro, which I thought may have been better in the wet conditions, but that is unproven in normal driving conditions and then fitted these Hankooks K415. I think they may be quieter and smoother and on par with the other tyres we have used, they are very good value, when purchasing 4 for the price of 3.
regards
Greggo

Purchased in July 2019.

Tyre Mileage7,500 km
Car ModelSubaru Liberty 4GEN

Joe_Hupp

Joe_HuppNorth Western Region, NSW

The best tyres ever!

I have used the Hankook Optimo K415's on our Toyota Camry Altise for a number of years - they seem to handle the rough and tumble of everyday driving for us. These tyres handle the 80/20 coarse chip bitumen/coarse gravel roads we drive on every day and have not been damaged in any way. They don't affect handling or performance due to the wide shoulder on the sidewall

Purchased in November 2018 at Dubbo Tyres and Batteries for $320.00.

Tyre Mileage30,000 km
Car ModelToyota Camry Altise ACV36R
Geoff T.

Geoff T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Big Upgrade on My Magna Wagon

Huge steering & road holding upgrade on my 2002 Magna wagon. These tyres are not the quietest but the grip & upgraded response from the car is exceptional. Early days but I'd buy these tyres again in a heartbeat as for value they are hard to go past.

Purchased in April 2020 at Tyreright Physical store for $85.00.

Tyre Mileage1,000 km
Car ModelMitsubishi Magna TJ
Tyre Pressure Used29 PSI
Simon H

Simon HLaunceston, TAS

Great grip but are too noisy with a harsh ride on Yaris sedan.

Replaced front Bridgestone EP300's on front of a 2008 Yaris sedan for a roadworthy and didn't have choice of brand at the time.
The initial obvious impression was the firmer ride and a big increase in road noise, they are a block pattern tyre with a firmer side wall so I guess that's a cause.
They did however transform the handling, both in the dry and wet, in fact in the wet, understeer was reduced dramatically.
I've done over 30.000k, no problems at all, they hold air pressure perfectly. They are good value for grip and long life as the compound is harder than the Bridgestone's but not my 'go to' as next replacement due to the lack of overall comfort factor for this type of vehicle.

Purchased in June 2019 for $180.00.

Car ModelToyota Yaris sedan YRS 2008
Tyre Pressure Used34 PSI
whyvet

whyvetNSW, 2200

Good value

These tyres were the best value option I could find when my car needed all 4 tyres replaced. I purchased them when they were on sale at Jax. They have been performing well and seem to offer better grip in the wet than my previous tyres. Road noise is decent and they have lasted me a few months with no damage and very minimal wear.

Purchased in May 2019 at JAX Tyres.

Car ModelMazda 3
GiG

GiGVIC, 3109

Great original tyre of my Hyundai i30CW

Since new, Hyundai i30CW (2010) equipped by Hankook Optimo K415, that last almost 5 years. (We just driving local). And Lucky on EOY I get special price $412 for 4 tyres. They're still made in Korea.
Very happy.

Purchased in June 2019 for $409.00.

Tyre Pressure Used35 PSI
Dry Weather Handling

excellent tyre wet or dry

i drive taxis had a set put on six months ago ,excellent tyres were very surprised how good they perform as good as tyres much more expensive ,just replaced a new set exactly the same / was offered Bridgestone same price but stuck with hankook

Purchased in February 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $360.00.

Tyre Mileage55 km
Car ModelToyota Camry ASV70R / GSV70R SL 2.5 L Hybrid
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

SDD

SDDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very reliable

Tyre is damaged just after one week and not repairable. Yes it touched a island curb on the road in city traffic and the speed was not even 20km/h (4pm on Victoria st /Melbourne - you can guess the speed).
Now Jax Tyres (Hoppers) say it is out of stock and they cant help with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at JAX Tyres for $140.00.

Tyre Mileage300 km
Car ModelMazda 6
Kai

KaiSydney, NSW

Best value, buy it for long mileage

The tyre for our shopping trolley car, not looking for performance but mileage.

For the price of $127 each, it’s still a very decent tyre. Very quiet. Performance is good enough for a shopping trolley car. The rim protection lip is almost none though.

Buy when Hankook offer buy 3 get 1 deal. Unfortunately I missed the deal so had to buy somewhere else.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tempe Tyres for $127.00.

Tyre Mileage2,000 km
Car ModelHolden Astra AH
Phil390

Phil390Sydney

Good grip, low km

My Holden Captiva Hankooks 235/50R19 have lasted only 38,000 km on a new car with tyre rotations, but even when worn were great in the wet. I tow a caravan and never had a problem. Other websites suggest 35-40k is the norm for Captivas. The front tyres wore more quickly as if they were underinflated on the front at 36 psi. Wear on the rear was negligible. Some commentators say low profiles (eg 50% like these) should be run at 40 psi. Now getting another set from Jax (owned by Hankook), as they are a low price, so good value for money.

Purchased in January 2016 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage38,000 km
Car ModelHolden Captiva CG 7 LTZ
Carter

Carter

Reliable in the wet, good value for money and fair even wear over the tyres lifetime.

I have had 3 sets of these hankook k415 in 205/60/15 and 175/65/14 on a nissan stagea and a mazda demio. I do mainly higheay driving - often in the wet and I maintain a moderate driving pace. I honestly find these tyres the best value around. They are safe and predictible in the wet, with a far higher hold point than many competitors I have had previously. These hankooks are also quiet and wear well (50/60’000kms)

They are all I trust on my daily vehicles.

Purchased in March 2016.

ROLLA

ROLLACentral Queensland, QLD

Great tyres

Really good tyres. They have really surprised seeing as they are a pretty cheap tyre. Such a good price for how good they perform. Don't wear very quickly either and stick to the road even in wet conditions.

Purchased in August 2018.

Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CJ
Mark

MarkVictoria

Great tires

I have had these tires on my VE for 12 months and find them to be excellent in all road conditions . Great ride,traction and handling. Would recommend for any car .

Purchased in April 2018.

Carlos

CarlosBrazil

Amazing grip and durability

I’ve fitted a set of 225/45/18 in my sport hatchback for everyday driving (80% good roads, 20% bumpy city), and weekend’s backroads twisted tracks. Pretty aggressive driving on twisted roads and high speed on freeways with amazing grip, low noise and low resistance, a very unusual combination! After 70.000 km, traction front axle has 4mm left before two (no rotation), and back axle looks like new. My only concern is that, after 70.000 km in a two year period, front tyre rubber got hard, and cracked the sidewall after a weekends speedy drive. Will replace for same model, no doubt.

CarCittoen vts
TIDYWAZZA

TIDYWAZZASWAN HILL

Excellent tyres

I have been using Hankook Optimo tyres since 1999. There was a change to the name a few years ago but the quality and performance only got better. My family now runs 2 late model Camry SL sedans, previously a 1996 camry, Honda Odyssey & KIA Optima.All fitted with Hankook Optimos'. Honda Odyssey achieved 84,000 kms on the first set, early Camry 72,000 kms. Both our newer Camry's have just been fitted with the same K415's. Optimó K415 are super quite at any speed, very. very grippy in wet weather and long lasting. I unreservedly recommend these tyres to anyone.

CarTOYOTA & HONDA & KIA
Essays2

Essays2South East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

Never a problem wet or dry, I haven't had them on dirt roads though. They seem reasonably quiet to us.

The only issue I have had was early on there was a slight hum at about 80kmh on very smooth surfaces. This went away after a couple of thousand km.

CarNissan Pulsar 2004
Candi

CandiCentral Coast

Good mid range tyre

Was immediately more stable than our old tyres. (But they are brand new of course.) got a four for three deal, which was a good price. Quiet and stable in the wet So far. Bob jane tmart at Lake Haven gave us the deal on these, but think its available anywhere at present.

CarNissan Xtrail
Solocat52

Solocat52parkdale

Have over 60,000kms and still going strong

My review is nearly the opposite of the one below and in an i30 too! I have had a faultless run on these and bought them because they are very close to the original tyres the car came with. To me they have just the right balance between grip and economy and have lasted much better than I expected. These tyres don't look particularly thick when they are new but run very well and last well. I did get a wheel alignment at the same time so no doubt that helps with even wear,

CarHyundai i30