Hankook Optimo K415

Hankook Optimo K415

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hankook? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Overrated tyre. Not really that good.

Been running 4 new Optimo K415s on a Hyundai Excel for almost 20,000 kms now. Decent grip on wet and dry surfaces. Durability seems to be average. A major drawback has been tramlining on grooved surfaces of highways. The wobble is very pronounced and, at times, downright scary. Has a major effect on the performance of the car. Tramlining was not present with the earlier tires (set of Toyos and Yokohamas).

Purchased at JAX Tyres.

inxs
inxsAU

Good long lasting tyre.

Came standard with Kia Sportage Platinum 2015 and have had these running for 5 years, with 80% city 20% country drives.
Running on a SUV I tend to be a pretty smooth driver so I'd hardly be pushing boundaries on the tyres performance.
It's been a stable tyre in both dry & wet and have never felt like they've lost grip.
They're reached over 80k but thats not saying they may not have been under depth, particuarly on the front where you'd expect wheel alignment to cause more wear than the rear.
Suffice to say they wear well and the rears still look in good condition.
Would use again.

Purchased in April 2015.

Other Passenger Tyres

Performance is okay, but already has bubbles on sidewall.

Suitable for low power cars only. Dry grip is acceptable, wet grip is underwhelming. Side tread is already around 1.5mm after only 10,000kms at correct tyre pressures. There are also small bubbles on some of the tyres, and I've never even scraped or hit the sidewalls. Wouldn't purchase again.

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic grip and life

I've been using these tyres on my old Magna wagon for many years and on the Magma before my current car. Excellent build quality, no balancing issues or other manufacturing defects. Fantastic grip especially in the wet. Very long life, I'm getting about four years on the front and the backs seem to last forever. The Magna is very hard on front tyres.

Purchased at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Greggo
GreggoSouth East Queensland, QLD

ON PAR WITH OTHER TYRES FOR LIBERTY

Have had these Optimo K415 tyres on my wifes 2008 Liberty for one year now and after this period can recommend them. We are average drivers and do not have any exaggerated expectations of handling in wet or cornering etc. The car originally came with B/stone Potenza RE050, I then fitted Maxxis Victra i Pro, which I thought may have been better in the wet conditions, but that is unproven in normal driving conditions and then fitted these Hankooks K415. I think they may be quieter and smoother and on par with the other tyres we have used, they are very good value, when purchasing 4 for the price of 3.
regards
Greggo

Purchased in July 2019.

Joe_Hupp
Joe_HuppNorth Western Region, NSW

The best tyres ever!

I have used the Hankook Optimo K415's on our Toyota Camry Altise for a number of years - they seem to handle the rough and tumble of everyday driving for us. These tyres handle the 80/20 coarse chip bitumen/coarse gravel roads we drive on every day and have not been damaged in any way. They don't affect handling or performance due to the wide shoulder on the sidewall

Purchased in November 2018 at Dubbo Tyres and Batteries for $320.00.

Geoff T.
Geoff T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Big Upgrade on My Magna Wagon

Huge steering & road holding upgrade on my 2002 Magna wagon. These tyres are not the quietest but the grip & upgraded response from the car is exceptional. Early days but I'd buy these tyres again in a heartbeat as for value they are hard to go past.

Purchased in April 2020 at Tyreright Physical store for $85.00.

Simon H
Simon HLaunceston, TAS

Great grip but are too noisy with a harsh ride on Yaris sedan.

Replaced front Bridgestone EP300's on front of a 2008 Yaris sedan for a roadworthy and didn't have choice of brand at the time.
The initial obvious impression was the firmer ride and a big increase in road noise, they are a block pattern tyre with a firmer side wall so I guess that's a cause.
They did however transform the handling, both in the dry and wet, in fact in the wet, understeer was reduced dramatically.
I've done over 30.000k, no problems at all, they hold air pressure perfectly. They are good value for grip and long life as the compound is harder than the Bridgestone's but not my 'go to' as next replacement due to the lack of overall comfort factor for this type of vehicle.

Purchased in June 2019 for $180.00.

whyvet
whyvetNSW, 2200

Good value

These tyres were the best value option I could find when my car needed all 4 tyres replaced. I purchased them when they were on sale at Jax. They have been performing well and seem to offer better grip in the wet than my previous tyres. Road noise is decent and they have lasted me a few months with no damage and very minimal wear.

Purchased in May 2019 at JAX Tyres.

GiG
GiGVIC, 3109

Great original tyre of my Hyundai i30CW

Since new, Hyundai i30CW (2010) equipped by Hankook Optimo K415, that last almost 5 years. (We just driving local). And Lucky on EOY I get special price $412 for 4 tyres. They're still made in Korea.
Very happy.

Purchased in June 2019 for $409.00.

excellent tyre wet or dry

i drive taxis had a set put on six months ago ,excellent tyres were very surprised how good they perform as good as tyres much more expensive ,just replaced a new set exactly the same / was offered Bridgestone same price but stuck with hankook

Purchased in February 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $360.00.

SDD
SDDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very reliable

Tyre is damaged just after one week and not repairable. Yes it touched a island curb on the road in city traffic and the speed was not even 20km/h (4pm on Victoria st /Melbourne - you can guess the speed).
Now Jax Tyres (Hoppers) say it is out of stock and they cant help with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at JAX Tyres for $140.00.

Tyre Mileage 300 km
Car ModelMazda 6
Kai
KaiSydney, NSW

Best value, buy it for long mileage

The tyre for our shopping trolley car, not looking for performance but mileage.

For the price of $127 each, it’s still a very decent tyre. Very quiet. Performance is good enough for a shopping trolley car. The rim protection lip is almost none though.

Buy when Hankook offer buy 3 get 1 deal. Unfortunately I missed the deal so had to buy somewhere else.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tempe Tyres for $127.00.

Phil390
Phil390Sydney

Good grip, low km

My Holden Captiva Hankooks 235/50R19 have lasted only 38,000 km on a new car with tyre rotations, but even when worn were great in the wet. I tow a caravan and never had a problem. Other websites suggest 35-40k is the norm for Captivas. The front tyres wore more quickly as if they were underinflated on the front at 36 psi. Wear on the rear was negligible. Some commentators say low profiles (eg 50% like these) should be run at 40 psi. Now getting another set from Jax (owned by Hankook), as they are a low price, so good value for money.

Purchased in January 2016 at JAX Tyres.

Carter
Carter

Reliable in the wet, good value for money and fair even wear over the tyres lifetime.

I have had 3 sets of these hankook k415 in 205/60/15 and 175/65/14 on a nissan stagea and a mazda demio. I do mainly higheay driving - often in the wet and I maintain a moderate driving pace. I honestly find these tyres the best value around. They are safe and predictible in the wet, with a far higher hold point than many competitors I have had previously. These hankooks are also quiet and wear well (50/60’000kms)

They are all I trust on my daily vehicles.

Purchased in March 2016.