Hankook Optimo K415

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great original tyre of my Hyundai i30CW

Since new, Hyundai i30CW (2010) equipped by Hankook Optimo K415, that last almost 5 years. (We just driving local). And Lucky on EOY I get special price $412 for 4 tyres. They're still made in Korea.
Very happy.

Purchased in June 2019 for $409.00.

Tyre Pressure Used35 PSI
Dry Weather Handling

excellent tyre wet or dry

i drive taxis had a set put on six months ago ,excellent tyres were very surprised how good they perform as good as tyres much more expensive ,just replaced a new set exactly the same / was offered Bridgestone same price but stuck with hankook

Purchased in February 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $360.00.

Tyre Mileage 55 km
Car ModelToyota Camry ASV70R / GSV70R SL 2.5 L Hybrid
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

Not very reliable

Tyre is damaged just after one week and not repairable. Yes it touched a island curb on the road in city traffic and the speed was not even 20km/h (4pm on Victoria st /Melbourne - you can guess the speed).
Now Jax Tyres (Hoppers) say it is out of stock and they cant help with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at JAX Tyres for $140.00.

Tyre Mileage 300 km
Car ModelMazda 6

Best value, buy it for long mileage

The tyre for our shopping trolley car, not looking for performance but mileage.

For the price of $127 each, it’s still a very decent tyre. Very quiet. Performance is good enough for a shopping trolley car. The rim protection lip is almost none though.

Buy when Hankook offer buy 3 get 1 deal. Unfortunately I missed the deal so had to buy somewhere else.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tempe Tyres for $127.00.

Tyre Mileage 2,000 km
Car ModelHolden Astra AH
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Dry Weather Handling

Still good priced replacements, returned back to the K415.

The first set of four K415 was purchased a while ago, required front tyres to be changed as part of service maintenance.

K415 are still very affordable tyres that had far less road noise compared to the Ecopia EP150.

Same experience of good driving in the wet experience on the K415 due to the ability of pushing away the water much better. A comfortable road experience.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tyroola.

Good grip, low km

My Holden Captiva Hankooks 235/50R19 have lasted only 38,000 km on a new car with tyre rotations, but even when worn were great in the wet. I tow a caravan and never had a problem. Other websites suggest 35-40k is the norm for Captivas. The front tyres wore more quickly as if they were underinflated on the front at 36 psi. Wear on the rear was negligible. Some commentators say low profiles (eg 50% like these) should be run at 40 psi. Now getting another set from Jax (owned by Hankook), as they are a low price, so good value for money.

Purchased in January 2016 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage 38,000 km
Car ModelHolden Captiva CG 7 LTZ
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Dry Weather Handling

Reliable in the wet, good value for money and fair even wear over the tyres lifetime.

I have had 3 sets of these hankook k415 in 205/60/15 and 175/65/14 on a nissan stagea and a mazda demio. I do mainly higheay driving - often in the wet and I maintain a moderate driving pace. I honestly find these tyres the best value around. They are safe and predictible in the wet, with a far higher hold point than many competitors I have had previously. These hankooks are also quiet and wear well (50/60’000kms)

They are all I trust on my daily vehicles.

Purchased in March 2016.

Great tyres

Really good tyres. They have really surprised seeing as they are a pretty cheap tyre. Such a good price for how good they perform. Don't wear very quickly either and stick to the road even in wet conditions.

Purchased in August 2018.

Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CJ
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI

Great tires

I have had these tires on my VE for 12 months and find them to be excellent in all road conditions . Great ride,traction and handling. Would recommend for any car .

Purchased in April 2018.

Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI

Amazing grip and durability

I’ve fitted a set of 225/45/18 in my sport hatchback for everyday driving (80% good roads, 20% bumpy city), and weekend’s backroads twisted tracks. Pretty aggressive driving on twisted roads and high speed on freeways with amazing grip, low noise and low resistance, a very unusual combination! After 70.000 km, traction front axle has 4mm left before two (no rotation), and back axle looks like new. My only concern is that, after 70.000 km in a two year period, front tyre rubber got hard, and cracked the sidewall after a weekends speedy drive. Will replace for same model, no doubt.

CarCittoen vts

Excellent tyres

I have been using Hankook Optimo tyres since 1999. There was a change to the name a few years ago but the quality and performance only got better. My family now runs 2 late model Camry SL sedans, previously a 1996 camry, Honda Odyssey & KIA Optima.All fitted with Hankook Optimos'. Honda Odyssey achieved 84,000 kms on the first set, early Camry 72,000 kms. Both our newer Camry's have just been fitted with the same K415's. Optimó K415 are super quite at any speed, very. very grippy in wet weather and long lasting. I unreservedly recommend these tyres to anyone.

CarTOYOTA & HONDA & KIA

Does the job

Never a problem wet or dry, I haven't had them on dirt roads though. They seem reasonably quiet to us.

The only issue I have had was early on there was a slight hum at about 80kmh on very smooth surfaces. This went away after a couple of thousand km.

CarNissan Pulsar 2004

Good mid range tyre

Was immediately more stable than our old tyres. (But they are brand new of course.) got a four for three deal, which was a good price. Quiet and stable in the wet So far. Bob jane tmart at Lake Haven gave us the deal on these, but think its available anywhere at present.

CarNissan Xtrail

Have over 60,000kms and still going strong

My review is nearly the opposite of the one below and in an i30 too! I have had a faultless run on these and bought them because they are very close to the original tyres the car came with. To me they have just the right balance between grip and economy and have lasted much better than I expected. These tyres don't look particularly thick when they are new but run very well and last well. I did get a wheel alignment at the same time so no doubt that helps with even wear,

CarHyundai i30

Only lasted 17,000 km with 2 punctures before having to be replaced

I bought 4 brand new Hankook Optimo K415 tyres through Tempe Tyres in Sydney. Here's how they went over the next 3.6 years. One was punctured by a bolt on the road near the sidewall and was unrepairable (which can happen to any tyre), so my main critique is with the other 3: they only lasted for 17,000 km of driving, before they all failed the roadworthiness inspection, at a mechanics that I have found very trustworthy and have been using for years. Now admittedly the vast bulk of that was suburban/city driving (short trips to the shops and back), rather than highway driving - albeit in an ordinary car (a Hyundai i30), always on standard sealed roads, being driven normally and not hard, and inflated to the vehicle's recommended tyre pressure - yet city driving is how many cars are driven now, so 17,000 km seems a very low lifespan distance. And Hankook's warranty is of no help at all, as there's no minimum distance specified. Granted I had no problems with the tyre's handling during that time (no skidding, decent grip, no excessive noise), but from a sheer bang-for-buck perspective, I'd suggest buying something else, such as another brand that has a warranty that covers an expected driving distance (e.g. I have now replaced them with Falken ZE914 tyres, as they have a written warranty for 60,000 km of driving, and if they don't reach that they'll give you a pro-rata refund on the purchase price). In summary I'd rate these 2 out of 5 (bad, rather than terrible) - they work as expected during their lifespan, but that lifespan is much too short, at around a half to a third of what it should be (I'd consider 40,000 to 60,000 km to be the expected lifespan of a tyre). And I was so surprised about the short lifespan that I insisted on seeing the removed Hankook tyres myself to check they really were worn, but there were indeed mine (same make, model, year), and there were just above the legal minimum wear indicators. Furthermore there was another nail puncture that I had not seen yet (so 2 punctures inside 4 months, which I've not had before). I don't know if I got a bad batch of tyres, but I did check productreview before purchasing them, and given how quickly they wore down and how easily they were punctured, I cannot recommend them.

Car2010 Hyundai i30

Couldn't be happier!

After being recommended this tyre, couldn't be happier. Once tyres where on I could instantly feel the difference when I drove away, the drive being very smooth and quiet, could hardly hear when driving along the road. Got a great price when getting 4 at a time, would definitely get again when required.

CarMazda 3

Long lived and reliable tyres

Got 80,000 kms with no flats at all over five years from these - far more than I expected at fitting and impressive lifespan. A lot of those kms are country driving, some even on gravel roads so its a very impressive run. Only rotated once, front to back. I could have gone even longer but the front end alignment was a little out, so I got a wear band. Would definitely buy again.

Not reliable!

Hankook Optimo K415
Both front tyres replaced by Bob Jane T-marks, only for three weeks both tires are broken and flat on the roads, no nails attached or rubbing of the tire against the road, ripping the tire, or rim by collision with another object. Never buy this brand again!

CarMazda 3

Long lasting and quiet

This is my second set on Hankooks. Just got the front done and I am impressed with these tyres. When I saw them new the first time I thought they were cheap "new car" tyres but they have proven their metal and run 80, 000 kms which I am amazed by. They don't feel hard and have a good sure grip. Good tyres and much better than first impressions.

CarHyundai Elantra 2012

Good replacement for originals on Elantra

My Elantra came with very similar specced Hankooks (Evo) new from the factory and these are a direct replacement. Unfortunately my wife ran it up on a roundabout and although the car wasn't damaged, the front end was put out of alignment causing the tyres to wear to one side. It feels good to have afresh set now and of course I got an alignment at Kmart too. These are good safe tyres that usually wear well.

CarHyundai Elantra 2012

are these HANkook K415 Tyres available for my size 225/50/17 rims as i really like these tyres . Please can you advise and i really would appreciate your opinion if they are not available then what would be its equivalent in my size . I am lookin for low road noise and long life tyres. Much appreciated Frank in WA [email removed]
Hi, sorry but wouldn't have a clue if available in 17", best you either phone a dealer or google it. In regards to low road noise, compared to my previous tyres, these are considerably quieter, very happy with these tyres.

would they be suitable for 2004 Commodore 205/65r15
Hi Geoff, I can't say for a certainty but if I could get them for my Jeep Grand Cherokee, I definitely would get them. Like I said before, I am extremely happy with the performance of the K415s on my wife's car. I would think that they would be just as good with other vehicles. If, after you have installed the K415s, your vehicle still drifts, then it's more likely part of a trait of a rear wheel driven vehicle rather than the tires themselves. I'd buy them.

Would they be suitable for 2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan XD GL?
Potentially; as the car is heavier they may plant to the ground more. All I know in the wet on my lightweight MX-5 they're stupidly dangerous.The Hyundai Elantra sedan is not much different to our Holden Captiva. Like I said in my original comments, the tyres are incredibly great in both wet and dry conditions. I can only comment on how they have performed in our Captiva but they work well enough that I tried to get them for my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Unfortunately that don't make them in the size I needed for the Jeep. I was quite disappointed. Hope that helps you. I'd get them if it was me - but it's your decision to make.

CategoryPassenger Tyres