Hayward Navigator / Navigator Pro

3.5

• Pool Size
andy N

andy NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great pool cleaner but parts expensive

This is without doubt one of the best pool cleaners I have ever had. Cleans the pool quickly and picks up large debris. Was faultless up until about 18 months old, then we had to start replacing a few parts , and that’s where it gets expensive. 3 years on and the latest part to fail is the plastic handle on the top. The cheapest one I can get is $195 ( retails for $230). A rip off when a brand new complete unit is less than $700. I can buy a cheaper unit for a 3rd of the price and get a new one every year, will work out cheaper.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$700.00.

Noise Level
Wall and Step Cleaning
Tony Gray

Tony GrayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OMG , Halleluyah

i have a fibreglass pool , 8 x 5 m 1-1.8 deep. When i bought the pool included was one of the first generation cleaners from Hayward, i don't remember which one , but i do remember that it seemed to work. after seveveral years and what i consider died of old age , i never replaced it . 12 months ago i decided to get another Cleaner and went with the Zodiac T3 , based on cost and reviews. My advice is DONT, Complete rubbish. So i went back to Hayward new Navigator Pro V Flex , and OMG , Brilliant, Brilliant Brilliant. I feel like the world just got better. Really this cleaner is fantastic, Pool is clean again always. Bought it fro AquaTune in Adelaide and thanks to Warwick for his help.

Purchased in May 2020 at Aquatune Adealide for A$750.00.

Noise Level
Wall and Step Cleaning
Donna E

Donna EMandurah

Hayward Navigator Pro - May as Well not use a cleaner at all then

Since day one and I have emails to prove it, my Navigator Pro has not worked and when it did, the plastic wings on the side scratched the hell out of the bottom of my pool - just the bottom because clearly this is not designed to worry about the sides of your pool! It never cleaned the sides. It has damaged the bottom of my pool. For the past 3 years I've had nothing but trouble with it and the people who sold it to me and Hayward themselves don't want to know about it. I suggest you don't waste your money on this brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hayward Navigator / Navigator Pro compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Geoff Tyson

Geoff TysonWerrington County Sydney

Highly recommended pool cleaner

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Scott horne

Scott horneHoliday, fl

Terrible doesnt work. People save your money..

I made a big mistake buying a nav pro totally like driving down us19 and throwing your money out the window. Would not recommend anyone on this planet to buy one....Save your money. Now they say I have to right 50 word to except. I van go on all night telling people to not buy one because they suck..

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Rich

RichRancho Mirage, CA

Great Value

Our excellent pool maintenance company provided a loaner for us to evaluate and after a month I decided to purchase one as it is an excellent product and completely cleans the 40' irregular shaped pool without a problem. I wanted a unit that operated on the suction side (no booster pump) and found this to be an unbeatable unit at the price. I would have given the Hayward Navigator a 4.5 or 4.75 if that was an option.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Bob H

Bob H

The best pool cleaner yet

Our trusted pool shop owner recommended the Hayward Navigator and gave me a floor model to trial for a week, after which I bought one. Based on the first six months of use, this is far and away the best cleaner we've had. It's quiet, simple in construction and easy to clean, travels around the pool quickly, has great suction and does an outstanding job of cleaning the walls and waterline. It has no problem with small leaves and berries (which we have lots of), but occasionally chokes on a palm frond; when this happens, undoing one screw lets you lift out the bottom panel and remove the culprit. The price was $A450 without hoses (the hoses from our unlamented Polaris ATV fit perfectly). I'd recommend the Hayward to any pool owner.

navigator is a very good assitant to pool maintance

the navigator is very good at covering the whole pool also climbs the walls well easy to store and you can leave it all day in the it does have parts that do need replacing such as the rubber feet and side flaps we have been using it for 8 years now and are happy with the result
covers the whole pool