3 months and still waiting

Bijan Búl

Bijan Búl

Great results and easy to deal with

Great value, easy to deal with, nationwide. I live in Victoria but I am a WA native. Love their service. Wishing more companies took their lead in the world of insurance.

Aly

Excellent Proffessional Service & Price by HBF

Insurance claim madeNo

Sarah

SarahRockingham

I would definitely recommend these people

My claim was processed :)
The only issue I had was, there were too many people handling my case and communication wasn't 100%.
I did have to ring a few times for updates.
But all up, I would recommended these people/company. Couldn't fault them on customer service or not putting in the effort.
I have got a new policy with them :)

RadSouthwest, VIC

Night and Day better

HBF T.HBF

Hi Rad, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such great feedback and I am glad to hear your claim was dealt with quickly and efficiently - Tristan

Rad

Call backs keeping us updated with claim progress .... fantastic. Result excellent.
One message again. Keep your premiums consistent year after year ..... im prepared to pay a few dollars more to ensure a consistent fair deal each following year.

HBF T.HBF

Thanks for following up with further feedback Rod. I will be sure to pass this on. Let me know if you need anything else. - Tristan

mike25

mike25Southbank, WA

Fully comprehensive car insurance

I didn't know that HBF is actually offering car insurance - thought they are all about health!?. I signed up because I am driving less than 10,000KM per year and they give discount for short distance drivers.

I trusted HBF for my new car as I am avoiding cheap car insurance. CHecked the website and the full comprehensive plan is great. joined up and it got the policy certificate immediately (good thing because I need this for the financing of my car novated lease). Customer service is great too. I had a small incident last week with street parking and they gave me great advice and support. I hope in the future i wouldn't have any problem with them.

Superpupz

SuperpupzPerth

HBF Car Insurance Processing Time

Had an unfortunate accident last Monday and HBF handled all aspect of the claim impeccably. From towing to assessment of the damage to calling almost daily in regards to the processing of the claims and finally this morning when our claim dedicated person (Kudos to Matt in WA), called to say that they are settling the claim today/ tomorrow.

I came out of the accident with a bruised rib and a whiplash, the last thing I wanted to do was to also handle the claims of my car. Got to say, they definitely make it easier. Highly recommended, I have all our insurances with them, this just supports our decision to go with them.
Quick Turnaround, Handled Everything with relative ease of mind for the consumer
Nothing

NAMelbourne

An extremely poor experience

thank you but 12 months on is way way too late

NA

Since then HBF have been great.

Ellie-Brooke

Ellie-Brooke

Disgusting!

V0L4T1LE

V0L4T1LEAU

Horrible Service, Extra hidden costs, Unhelpful, Rude, Abusive, 2 months still no settlement

Lars.J

Lars.JWA, 6112

Unexplained price increase

I got HBF insurance when I purchased my car new and they gave me a good rate, the next year when I got the renewal it had increased by over 40%. I had not had an accident or made a claim and my car was now valued at less than the previous year. My rate had gone from $420 to $602. I rang and asked them what was going on and all I was told was that the increase was due to inflation, when I questioned how they could justify over 40% being attributed to inflation and I still got no explanation. Needless to say I am no longer with HBF.

unjustified price increases

sabrahams

sabrahamsWA, 6069

Terrible

When I first signed up with HBF Car Insurance I was impressed and the price was competitive. After a few years I decided to trade in my car and buy another, so I rang other reputable companies for quotes and found HBF was at least $250 per year more expensive and that is with discounts. I changed to a new insurance company for my new car and the customer service person at HBF wouldn't cancel my contract. I was told to ring back the next day. This is terrible customer service and I wouldn't recommend them.
Good customer service when you first sign up
Very expensive

scullywag007

scullywag007AU

Uninsured

thislo

thisloPerth, WA

Very expensive but confused service

HBF T.HBF

I had to pay for a no fault claim!

rubienesqAU

Insurance is an optional extra on most insurance policies...

rubienesq

I now have the right level of insurance...with a different insurance company.

Honestly though, it's only been four years: thanks for your reply.

Boge sitnikoski

Boge sitnikoskiasked

Who do you call to tow your car when you have a accident in perth?

Wilsonasked

How much is the premium for a car $14,000 value with full insurance, car is normally under cover in garage only twice a week is used mainly for shopping; rarely we go to Fremantle. The car is 2010 manufacture, is good conditions, maintained regularly and only 28530 K.
Do you accept bank deductions payments?.
Wilson Mora

michele.lane.65

michele.lane.65asked

Do you get free windscreen replacement?

Sorry I don't know

HBF T.HBF

Hi Michele, apologies for such a delayed response - we have only recently gained ownership of this account to allow us to reply. Yes, you can get free windscreen replacement, but you need to ensure you select it when getting a quote. If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to email me at social@hbf.com.au. Thanks, Lauren

Wilson

Yes , but I have not made any claim for decades.

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

HBF Comprehensive Car Insurance

HBF Comprehensive Car Insurance

HBF Third Party Fire & Theft Car Insurance

HBF Third Party Fire & Theft Car Insurance

HBF Third Party Property Damage Insurance

HBF Third Party Property Damage Insurance

CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Contact Number 133 423133 423133 423
Other Insurance Types Offered Health, Home and Contents and TravelHealth, Home and Contents and TravelHealth, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover $30 million$30 million$30 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Hire Car after an Incident

Optional, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days until:

• your car is repaired

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $800 per incidentIncluded up to $800 per incidentNot Included
Emergency Transport & AccommodationTransportation for you and your passengers to your home or destination, or , temporary accommodation for you and your passengers for one night up to $500 in totalIncluded; Transportation for you and your passengers to your home or destination, or , temporary accommodation for you and your passengers for one night up to $500 in totalNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days until:

• your car is repaired or recovered

Included, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days until:

• your car is repaired or recovered

Child Safety Seats and PramsIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded, up to $1,000Included, up to $1,000Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included, If your vehicle is a total loss as a result of an incident, your vehicle may be replaced if it is:

• a car less than three years old and has not travelled more than 50,000 km

Not Included

Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included