2.5

David
Bijan Búl
Bijan BúlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts
  Car Insurance

Great results and easy to deal with

Great value, easy to deal with, nationwide. I live in Victoria but I am a WA native. Love their service. Wishing more companies took their lead in the world of insurance.

Show details

Aly
AlyAU
Spud
SpudPerth, WA7 posts
Sarah
SarahRockingham2 posts
  Car Insurance

I would definitely recommend these people

My claim was processed :)

The only issue I had was, there were too many people handling my case and communication wasn't 100%.

I did have to ring a few times for updates.

But all up, I would recommended these people/company. Couldn't fault them on customer service or not putting in the effort.

I have got a new policy with them :)

Show details

Rad
RadSouthwest, VIC68 posts
mike25
mike25Southbank, WA3 posts

Fully comprehensive car insurance

I didn't know that HBF is actually offering car insurance - thought they are all about health!?. I signed up because I am driving less than 10,000KM per year and they give discount for short distance drivers.

I trusted HBF for my new car as I am avoiding cheap car insurance. CHecked the website and the full comprehensive plan is great. joined up and it got the policy certificate immediately (good thing because I need this for the financing of my car novated lease). Customer service is great too. I had a small incident last week with street parking and they gave me great advice and support. I hope in the future i wouldn't have any problem with them.

Show reply

Superpupz
SuperpupzPerth30 posts

HBF Car Insurance Processing Time

Had an unfortunate accident last Monday and HBF handled all aspect of the claim impeccably. From towing to assessment of the damage to calling almost daily in regards to the processing of the claims and finally this morning when our claim dedicated person (Kudos to Matt in WA), called to say that they are settling the claim today/ tomorrow.

I came out of the accident with a bruised rib and a whiplash, the last thing I wanted to do was to also handle the claims of my car. Got to say, they definitely make it easier. Highly recommended, I have all our insurances with them, this just supports our decision to go with them.
Quick Turnaround, Handled Everything with relative ease of mind for the consumer
Nothing Show reply

V0L4T1LEAU3 posts
Lars
LarsWA, 611215 posts

Unexplained price increase

I got HBF insurance when I purchased my car new and they gave me a good rate, the next year when I got the renewal it had increased by over 40%. I had not had an accident or made a claim and my car was now valued at less than the previous year. My rate had gone from $420 to $602. I rang and asked them what was going on and all I was told was that the increase was due to inflation, when I questioned how they could justify over 40% being attributed to inflation and I still got no explanation. Needless to say I am no longer with HBF.

unjustified price increases

sabrahams
sabrahamsWA, 606946 posts

Terrible

When I first signed up with HBF Car Insurance I was impressed and the price was competitive. After a few years I decided to trade in my car and buy another, so I rang other reputable companies for quotes and found HBF was at least $250 per year more expensive and that is with discounts. I changed to a new insurance company for my new car and the customer service person at HBF wouldn't cancel my contract. I was told to ring back the next day. This is terrible customer service and I wouldn't recommend them.
Good customer service when you first sign up
Very expensive
scullywag007
scullywag007Perth, WA12 posts
thislo
thisloPerth, WA23 posts

henry w.
henry w. · Car Insurance

How to report a car accident?

Anthony
Anthony · Car Insurance

If I have a health insurance with CUA which is now a part of HBF, will I get a dis ount if I buy car insurance from HBF

Alison W.
Alison W. · Car Insurance

Is my car covered for a carpark accident?

Compare all HBF Car Insurance listings
HBF Comprehensive Car Insurance
  • Discontinued
HBF Comprehensive Car InsuranceNo reviews yet
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Health, Home and Contents and TravelHealth, Home and Contents and TravelHealth, Home and Contents and Travel
Coverage TypeThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property DamageComprehensive
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover $30 million$30 million$30 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days until:

• your car is repaired
  • your claim is settled for your car as a total loss
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded; Transportation for you and your passengers to your home or destination, or , temporary accommodation for you and your passengers for one night up to $500 in totalNot IncludedTransportation for you and your passengers to your home or destination, or , temporary accommodation for you and your passengers for one night up to $500 in total
Towing Costs Not IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $800 per incidentNot IncludedIncluded up to $800 per incident
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Included, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days until:

• your car is repaired or recovered

Included, up to $100 per day for up to 21 days until:

• your car is repaired or recovered
  • your claim is settled for your car as a total loss
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded, up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded, up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

Included, If your vehicle is a total loss as a result of an incident, your vehicle may be replaced if it is:

• a car less than three years old and has not travelled more than 50,000 km