Mary

MarySydney, NSW

well done seniors insurance

I researched on line for better comprehensive car insurance and seniors won out. Did it all on line called for assistance to check if I had done everything correctly and was very helpful.

Car ModelMazda CX-5

Hi Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy online and of the great service that you have received when contacting us.
Jessica

This is my first policy with Seniors.

This is my first policy with Seniors and Lyn was professional,friendly and helpful. The policy and the company appears to be simply, safe and reliable and I look forward to our partnership.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Sedan) Neo

Hi Denise,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received from Lyn and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.
Jessica

The policy was easy to set up aND the price was very competitive

The policy offered good value for money and it was very easy to organise. When I received a call, the lady was very helpful and listened to what I was saying

Hi Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received and of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy.

Steven

StevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cancelled the policy due to poor support

The system would not validate my new policy and directed me to call the 1300 number, which I did. The very nice lady tried to assist me by running through the process a number of times, to no avail. After speaking to a supervisor she advised that the support team would calm me back after 24-48 hours. At this point I lost patience and asked her to cancel the policy. She said that the system was new and that they were all getting used to it. I thought that it was very unprofessional. Its back to Suncorp for me

Hi Steven,
I am very sorry to hear you opted not to proceed with your new policy. We would really appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Julia

JuliaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent value and options compared to my previous insurer

I have just taken out the policy and Melissa made everything easy to understand and to meet my needs. I was able to discuss various options and prices in order to achieve the optimum outcome for myself

Colin M.

Colin M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good price, easy website to use

The price for my insurance was the best I found. The website was easy to use and and the policy was good value for money. I even had a phone call to make sure everything was OK.

Car ModelBMW X1

Maxwell

MaxwellCanberra 2600, ACT

REVIEW

This is a new policy that starts on 25/11/2019, so unable to evaluate it HOWEVER the number of questions and repeat questions when I phoned back was ridiculous. If the policy works ok I will probably insure the house and contents plus my 4wd

Car ModelMitsubishi Magna TW

Excellent cover offered.

First policy I have tried with this company. Better cover offered with a saving of more than 30% on the premium quoted by the previous insurance company that I have been "loyal" to for many years. The consultant who rang to confirm everything was very patient and helpful.

Car ModelToyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR
Angela

AngelaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The service was excellent and all changes were made very quickly

The policy is good value, as has been the case in the past. We shall continue to use Seniors as they provide information immediately and are responsive to all request.

Hi Angela,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and that you felt fully informed when choosing Australian Seniors.

Frances

FrancesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very good, just what I need at the present time. I will be reviewing my policy after I have an assessment completed by my occupational Therapist with the possibility of having my car modified due to neuropathy in my feet and not being able to drive it at the present time.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelHyundai i30 active

Hi Frances,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that we can assist you with suitable cover and once your assessment has been conducted, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Joseph

JosephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent cover

Ive received a excellent deal to insure my car and was given excellent explanations to my cover and costs involved, I therefore highly recommend Seniors insurance to anyone, the price I received is half the price I got from another company.

Michael

MichaelVictoria

A new insurance policy

The policy was good value. I have just taken out a policy with you and this is the first one I have with this company. The consultant I spoke to was vey helpful and guided me through the process to take out this insurance.

Marianne

MarianneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The service has been excellent.

I was impressed with the Customer Service quality and I am satisfied with the product. I believe it will meet my needs at this time. Thanks to all who have taken the time to explain everything to me.

Hi Marianne,
What an excellent review. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to impress you with our service and that you find our policy suitable to your needs. Welcome to the Australian Seniors community.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Excellent, very happy.

Being a first timer with Seniors, I found the staff to be extremely helpful and polite and explained all details and made it easy to understand, Very happy with the policy, thankyou.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelKia Cerato BD (Hatchback)
Neil

NeilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

five star

yes easy to set up first time with seniors and was a lot cheaper than a company we had been with for very many years ,we have had no reason to have roadside assistance as our car is under warranty ,we have not ever lodged a claims with seniors .

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Peace of mind

For a senior person like me, I believe this is the best deal I could have .It is affordable taking into consideration that I am living on age pension; Makes me feel safe and I can drive my car with much more confidence.Thank you for helping us!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft

Regula

RegulaSydney, NSW

This is fine.

I only just bought this insurance. It was easy to do on the internet and the response (after asking for a quote) was quick and friendly. It seems very good value.

Car ModelHyundai Accent RB

Hi Regula,
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy online.
Rebecca

Wok!

Wok!Sydney, NSW

Saved $600, happy happy!

Only started today, hopefully no soon either! Bonus, before I was paying over $1000, very surprised new only $400, this with maximum 2000 kms per year, very happy! Now over 3 yrs, only done 4500 kms

Car ModelMazda 2

Hi Wok!,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that we have been able to assist with your insurance needs. Welcome to the Australian Seniors family.
Thanks,
Rebecca

Jilly BeanSydney, NSW

Easy Peasy

Did it all online, fabulous...don't want to be on phone talking to anyone, even tho I was contacted immediately, wasn't happy to be called. Intrusive and irrelevant. Maybe you could fix this...

Car ModelToyota Yaris
Jilly Bean

Yeah, I don't want a call.

Hi Jilly Bean,
Thank you for your feedback.

David Taylor

David TaylorPerth, WA

Smart Seniors

Great value policy now that we are not driving as much. Much cheaper than other competitors. Phone service was excellent. We insured 2 cars and saved in excess of $500.

Hi David,
What a wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear of the excellent service you received and that we can provide you suitable cover for your two cars. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Andrew G

Andrew Gasked

Do seniors do caravan insurance

Hi Andrew G.,
Thank you for your question. Outlined in our PDS is a section on trailers and caravans where we will pay up to $1000.00 to cover the costs of any accidental loss or damage to a trailer or caravan that occurs while it was attached to your car. If you would like to know more please refer to our PDS https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-car-insurance-pds.pdf.

Nedasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Please beware everyone, as I have done research into why Seniors has such a "great rating", they have been artificially inflating their 5 star reviews with forced reviews for signing up, not for real life experiences for claim handling!
Read this customers experience:

Lois
Cost effective
Have only just taken out policy and therefore unable to answer most of the queries above. Have nothing more to add, but unfortunately I have to place 30 words here, which I find ridiculous.

When you read through all the sign ups, note how repetitive they are on signing up e.g great service, excellent sales person etc. Around 1 percent reviews are on actual claims handling so do not be mislead.

This is why they have the best rated near 5 star insurance reviews in all their insurance categies rating. EXPOSED!! (I am not even a customer, just looking for good Home insurance)
So please be aware of this everyone before deciding.

Ned

No wonder the Royal Commission investigation into the Insurance industry was so damming.

Hi Ned,
I understand you want to make an informed decision when choosing home and contents insurance. I appreciate that you wish to take into consideration the full journey our customers have taken, from the purchase of their policy through to their claims experiences. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few concerns that you have raised within your comments. It is important for us to hear from our customers throughout their journeys, with Product Review being a great way for customers to share their feedback with us and the public. Whilst a majority of our reviews are submitted by customers who have recently purchased a policy, they are under no obligation to do so. As you would have seen, the number of customers wishing to share their claims experiences is beginning to increase. We love hearing all customer thoughts and take all feedback on board to assist with improving the services we provide. We would like to speak with you further about your concerns surrounding the validity of our reviews and have sent you a private message if you are open to this.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Has anyone had to make a claim, how good was the policy? How was the process?

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

Seniors Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance

CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Contact Number 13 13 4313 13 4313 13 43
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraZero Excess Optional ExtraNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Hire Car after an Incident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Not Included
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500 if you are more than 200 km from home and your car cannot be drivenIncluded up to $500 if you are more than 200 km from home and your car cannot be drivenNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $70 per day up to 14 days

Included up to $70 per day up to 14 days

Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Not Included
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included if a claim is accepted and the car is declared to be a total loss within the first 24 months of the starting date of its original registration and you are the first registered owner

Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500. Covers only personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing & bags.Included up to $500. Covers only personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing & bags.Not Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
Transit Cover IncludedIncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage