How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (22)
    • 2-4 weeks (26)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (78) · No (4)

Safe Insurance

Policy features and price suited our needs at this time.It was easy to set up on line.Plus all documents are sent by E mail.We also have other Australian Seniors products so discounts were available

Pay as you go

Yes was very easy the staff where very helpful .
I never lodge a claim with seniors insurance.
We have been with seniors insurance for 3 years.
We never used roadside assist .I would say good

Minnie G.

Minnie G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worse insurance company in Australia

They valued my $6000 car at $2400 then came up with excuse after excuse and deducted $1800 in excess when I had to lodge a claim! Was left with $600. Took them months to finalise the claim! Rude people to deal with also!!

Hi Minnie,
I just wanted to follow up with you as I understand that a member of our team has been in contact to discuss your concerns raised. Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to look into your experience further.

Warren

WarrenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great value at a low premium

Great value at a reasonably priced premium with good coverage compared to other insurers.
Australian Seniors staff gave excellent service explaining each detail of my coverage to meet our needs in an easy to understand manner. Very caring staff.

Wes Pl.

Wes Pl.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent cover

I recently took out Comprehensive Car Insurance that covered my requirements and was of good value.
This will be my first year with Seniors Comprehensive Car Insurance. The policy was easy to set up as I was thoroughly guided through any issues or points that required any clarification.

Great value

I was given great telephone service. The quote was so much better than my previous insurer. I will look at getting quotes for my other car and home insurance. Thanyou

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Way cheaper then my last insurer

Way cheaper than my last insurer and better than I thought it would be, will be considering them for the rest of my insurance policies.
Website easy to use and simple

Hi John,
We love hearing of our customers satisfaction about their hassle-free experience whilst setting up their cover via our website and that our policy can provide you with an affordable option.

Jerzy Komosa

Jerzy KomosaSydney, NSW

Came back as returned customer.

Excellent service from Sam

First time with Seniors for car insurance, good, easy to set up and Sam was excellent very professional. I think I need to pad this up. Accept what is stated.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Claim MadeNo

Find out how Seniors Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Hard to tell, as I have never made a claim.

Policy seems to be good value for money, and was easy to set up and renew.
What else would you like me to say as I haven’t made a claim! Kerry

Hi Kerry,
Thank you for sharing your positive purchasing experience with us and we wish to welcome you to Australian Seniors.

Debbo63

Debbo63AU

Very competitive

Very very competitive prices, have changed both my cars and house and contents over to Australian Seniors. If you drive less kilometres a year you get it even cheaper. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend

Mr mick

The seniors team were so helpful from claims to repairs with their proactive attention to our claim. Organisations are only as good as the people who serve them so thanks.

Mick
Mick

My pleasure to report favourably on great service.

Bangle

BangleWestern Australia

Competitively priced policy

We received a very competitive quote from Australian Seniors Insurance and was given an even better price because we have our home and contents insured with ASI. Whether dealing online or on the phone ASI are very easy to deal with.

Hi Bangle,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is a pleasure to hear that both our Home & Contents cover as well as our Comprehensive Car cover provides you with peace of mind.
Jessica

Find that it more than meets my needs

Since retiring, I have found that I am not driving or travelling any distances so choosing a mileage style car insurance suits me and suits my hip pocket. Car insurance was easy to set up "on line". I compares "Seniors" with several other insurers and found Seniors suited us best. I have also insured my wife's car with Seniors with the same type of limited mileage. She has only travelled 38000 km in 20 years. We have not had to call roadside assistance for some time now, nor have we had to lodge a claim

Lyn

LynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very helpful, affordable and easy to set up.

Very helpful staff, simple and easy to set up. The Policy was received within days of set up.
I really like the pay as you go which as I have reduced my Driving. It was a crystal clear
process.

Redcliffe Senior

Redcliffe SeniorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great products and Helpful Staff

The policy quote was reviewed and helpful suggestions made. The final result was a very good policy providing me with good cover. The entire process was a very easy and friendly experience.

Christina

ChristinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy customer

First time customer, so easy to set up online , outstanding customer service . Will recommend Australian Seniors comprehensive car to insurance to all my friends, family and anyone looking for affordable pricing and great customer service .

JADS

JADSCentral Queensland, QLD

Pay as you go. I like it! But no discount for policy renewal unfortunately.

Pay as You Go Policy was good value because we don't drive our cars much.
And we like the simplicity of the website.
It would be good however if loyal renewing customers are rewarded with the $50 discount, and not only new customers. Had to take out a new policies to get the discount which took a long time.

Exactly what I want !!

This is a very good value policy for my comprehensive car insurance and easy to set up online! Fantastic options for customising individual needs! Truly recommend Seniors for any insurance needs!

Roy fleming

Roy flemingFar North Queensland, QLD

Most simple online product to use

We recently switched to this company for house/contents and it was so simple and easy to use the online quote system and the price so much cheaper we decided to check car insurance. We found that half the price, and again so quick and easy to use with an immediate quote. Very happy so far.

Mike M

Mike Masked

Car Insurance

I have been told over the phone by one of your representatives that your Pay as you Drive policy will cover my vehicle while being flat towed by our motor home, and the fact that the odometer does not register while the vehicle is being towed will not be an issue as the policy is only concerned with actual km driven. If for example we tow the vehicle from home in SA to QLD shortly after starting the policy and have a accident with the motor home which also damages the car, is the car fully covered. Would there be a problem due to the odometer reading at the time of the accident being only a few km from the initial policy reading but we are over 3000 km from home. I would just like this qualified in writing please.
Mike

Hi Mike,
Thank you for reaching out with your query. Can you please reply to my private message with your policy details and I can arrange for one of our team members to be in touch with you to discuss your request further.

Hi Mike,
I understand that one of our team members have been in contact with you to discuss your queries further. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance.

JackReacher

JackReacherasked

Claim Performance?

Grateful for feedback from anyone who made a claim to advise about Seniors claim handling? Thank you.

David
David

Yer i had a claim my car was written off got paid out with in a week of being inspected

paul merrett

paul merrettasked

yearly cost for over 50

Kath
Kath

I pay for 11K km per year with roadside and have a Seniors card and premium as per my new renewal 10 Feb 21 is $852.38. I chose to pay by month $78.37. Also have 20 day hire car option. Car is 11 years old. $500 excess. Hope this helps.

Kerry
Kerry

It depends on what car you have and the kilometres you agree to. Best to get a quote. We paid for 10000 km per year for $360.63 per year. $500 cheaper than our previous insurer...no roadside as we already had that.

Hi Paul,
Thank you for reaching out. Can you please reply to my private message with your contact number and I can arrange for a team member to be in touch with you to organise a quote.
Alternatively, you can review a quote on our website at https://www.seniors.com.au/car-insurance

See all Seniors Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

Seniors Car Insurance

Points of praise for Australian Seniors Car Insurance:

Australian Seniors' earned frequent praise for its helpful and friendly customer service, their pay-as-you-drive insurance cover option, which saved money for reviewers who didn't drive very often, competitive premiums - especially when compared to previous policies with other insurers, and also for their easy-to-set-up policies.

Many reviewers expressed appreciation that staff from Australian Seniors proactively phoned them to help them apply for the policy. In the words of one 5-star reviewer, ‘The experience from go to woe was seamless and painless with great explanation of sections which I did not understand. Thank You.’

Compare all 3 Seniors Car Insurance
Seniors Comprehensive Car Insurance
  • Award Winner 2021
  • 2020

Seniors Comprehensive Car Insurance

CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraZero Excess Optional ExtraNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500 if you are more than 200 km from home and your car cannot be drivenIncluded up to $500 if you are more than 200 km from home and your car cannot be drivenNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $70 per day up to 14 days

Included up to $70 per day up to 14 days

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
Transit Cover IncludedIncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included if a claim is accepted and the car is declared to be a total loss within the first 24 months of the starting date of its original registration and you are the first registered owner

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500. Covers only personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing & bags.Included up to $500. Covers only personal items which are designed to be worn or carried, such as clothing & bags.Not Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage