How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (10)
    • 2-4 weeks (9)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (8)

Mina

MinaSydney, NSW

Doesn't respect your time

I had a discussion with one of their customer service members to update my address. She didn’t listen at all.

-Not customer oriented.
-Looking for an opportunity to charge more without giving you an explanation.

That ended up with a cancellation in policy because she couldn't provide the proper reason of an extra charge and she cancelled the policy without prior notice. Really disappointed how she treated me. Very unprofessional.

I hope this review help them to improve their customer service as well as their process to reduce lots of back and forth for a simple address change and right training for the front-line staff.

Pretty disappointing really...

Had been a regular customer for years with no claims across multiple vehicles. Wife got clipped by a cyclist (weird situation) and even though we got it sorted in the end, the amount of hassle and lack of communication was painful! So, I did a price comparison against another recognised provider. Big price different for same details, like MASSIVE saving...called Youi about it, wouldn't match it. We sold that vehicle and bought another, called Youi for a quote before new purchase, again, hugely overpriced and wouldn't match a competitor, even for a 10+ year customer....I'm talking like several hundreds of dollars a year for the EXACT SAME COVER. Would not advise, many strong providers on the market which you could pursue

Scott

ScottGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Compare first

Compare other insurers first to find a suitable deal as the gap between can be quite large. I found competitive deals by searching first rather than taking the first offer.

We will call you

YOUI you have done it again
I have complained to your management before and you are still doing it
I filled in all the questions on line and I still get a call to go through all the questions again.
What a waste of time
I get a call and asked the consultant how much is the insurance, and he tells me I don't have a quote, I have to ask you a few questions.
Are you serious. What did I just answer all the questions on line
Be serious YOUI

Smee

Smee

Rude people and double standards

Long story short - had three policies for a long time wanted to cancel one as I sold the car was told I had phone in but I work in a call centre and couldn’t so I said cancel the other three and I will go will somebody else funny by how when I said that they were able to be rude to me and then cancel all three policies without me calling !! Stay away from them

UFO

UFOCanberra 2600, ACT

Don't give your mobile for online quote!! It's bait for them (and other companies) to spam you!!!

Ridiculous - Baiting You To Call

I am a youi home insurance customer and have been baited with their online car insurance quote process to them calling me. Absolutely ridiculous marketing ploy to up-sell. Lost this customer.

Jon Pratt

Jon PrattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really bad to deal with

Went to get a quote off their website. After inputting all of my information, they verified my identity via a text. They then said that they would phone me with my quote. They phoned on the same number they had just verified with a text. At which point their agent said that they would need to spend 10 minutes (!!) with me asking more questions, but first they needed to verify my identity by asking me my name and date of birth...the same one that they had just verified with a text etc. This is hopeless. If they are this hard/incompetent to deal with trying to buy a policy then I dread to think how difficult they would be to deal with if I ever needed to claim. Avoid.

India F.

India F.South East Queensland, QLD

5 years in and no complaint ⭐️

I've been with Youi since 2016 and each time I call them (annually to renew) I'm met with dedicated customer service and great prices. Special shout out to Jonathan Bentley! You were AMAZING to deal with as I was researching the best insurance pricing and policies for my new car. No surprise, I ended up sticking with Youi.

STAY AWAY YOU POOR FOOLS

STAY AWAY YOU POOR FOOLSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They classify driving to work as buisness use.

Driving to work as classed as business use with Youi. I don’t hold a ABN yet I was told that the excessive increase in premium was due to using my car for business use. This is a joke of major proportions. No one should use this company. They are scam artists at a minimum. RACV also was WAY cheaper than them. I had to raise my excess to 1000 dollars to match RACV.

mortezaxp

mortezaxpSydney, NSW

I couldn't get a quote online, instead they called!

I went on their website to get a quote so I can compare to my existing insurance but after getting all my information including name, address my current insurer, birthday and so much more, they just said they'll call me.

no where on their website they indicated that's how they give quotes otherwise I wouldn't share my details with them. I just wanted a quick price. I think the time has come to stop this nonsense.

I am not interested in their pricing and services anymore.

Poor service, faulty system, expensive!

Two policies - a BMW worth 3-4 times more than a Honda, same drivers but Youi’s system didn’t correlate between policies. When they realised and then updated their system (manually), the Honda premium was then increased by 50% and cost MORE than the BMW to insure. They could not explain this other than to say if the information was not kept up to date they had the right to refuse or reduce payouts. Way to make customers feel safe and secure!! The youngest driver has been driving for almost 8 years and the expense of the policy far outweighed having the car comprehensively insured. What a ripoff Youi!!

F64VAL

F64VALMelbourne

Shifty scam on sign up to get $1000 extra excess from their customers !

Tony H

Tony HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Could’nt get a quick quote.

It was time to renew my car insurance so went to Youi’s web site for an online quote. Filled in all particulars about self and car expecting a price when finished like the other companies. Instead I got a phone call saying this is to give me the best price possible. Then the sales person started all over again asking all the same information re my inquiry. I ended the conversation before getting a price. So much for a quick quote!

sam g.

sam g.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of time they are a joke

Was with them for 8+ years 2 cars 1 claim
Youi premium
ranger $3596.14 with 2500 excess
Mercedes $3210.16 with 1050 excess

RACV premium
Ranger $1729.08 with 1000excess
Mercedes $1884.06 with 1000 excess

Same policy gave youi a call after I got the quote they said their is a huge difference and they can’t do anything so I had 8 months left on the ranger they changed me $33 and the Mercedes had 6-8 days left they charged me $33 cancellation fee I told them they are a joke

Disappointing

After being insured for many years, my car was written off. The car was insured for market value. The price they gave me was ridiculously low, there was no way I was ever going to replace my car for the price they offered. I managed after many many phonecalls, sending through examples of cars for sale well above what mine was they gave me a little bit extra which was still unsatisfactorily low. They also held onto my excess for around a month while they 'determined who was at fault', in a very clear case and where the other driver had admitted fault. I just now tried to get a quote for my new car and this time to agreed value and they have a limit on that which is again stupidly low. I'm done Youi, Goodbye!!

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Liars, misleading. Denied claim after assuring claim will be accepted

Marg

MargSydney, NSW

Ben's brilliant customer service

In seeking quotes for comprehensive car insurance, Youi was the only one that offered call back for your quote, Ben based in Queensland was great, went through the sign up well, explained and answered my questions, and offered his contact details for future contact and perhaps claims...Superlative service!!

Jessica D.

Jessica D.

Absolute crock - refuses to refund premiums paid (4 of them) even if no claims have been processed.

Paid 4 months of premiums, took money from my bank account without authorisation and left me in debt. Refuse to refund premiums paid and charging $33 to cancel is stupid

Dana

DanaSydney

Super Inconvenient

As previous reviews have stated, it seems impossible to get a quote without talking to somebody on the phone. I assume this is a sales tactic, but it seems to be working in the opposite for them. If I had been emailed a quote instantly like every other insurance company, I more than likely would've chosen Youi for my insurance.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft

Nancy

Nancy asked

Car Insurance

What costs are involved in cancelation a policy with Youi if you pay month to month ?

Gary D.

Gary D.asked

Car Insurance

I only use my car occasionally aprox 1000 klm per year do you insure for use only

Sarah

Sarahasked

Car Insurance

How long does it take youi to refund the money after cancelling the insurance policy? Its been well over 2 weeks now and still no refund

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance has produced many-a-happy customer, with Youi being an 2019 Award Winner in the ProductReview.com.au Awards.

Points of praise for youi:

• Youi’s customer service was most praised, closely followed by their timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Reviewers appreciated their car insurance policies being set up quickly and efficiently. They reported staff being friendly and informative during this process. One 5-star review mentioned, ‘I felt that your company is more customer focused than the average insurer.’
  • The free roadside assistance included in youi’s Comprehensive Insurance policy was also an attractive feature for many reviewers, as some other companies charge for this in a separate agreement.
  • Many reviews also mentioned significant monthly cost savings compared to previous insurers.

Youi’s lower ratings, of which there were fewer, tended to focus on: a high excess charged for a policy with a lower premium, inconsistent quote amounts from one day to another, and certain policy quotes being expensive compared to other companies.

Compare all 3 Youi Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Home and Contents and MotorcycleBusiness, Home and Contents and MotorcycleBusiness, Home and Contents and Motorcycle
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterYouiYouiYoui
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverReduced Excess Optional ExtraReduced Excess Optional ExtraReduced Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefit will cease from the time the first of the following occurs:

• when your claim is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the car is returned to you following repair

• when your claim is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the car is returned to you following repair

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationCombined with Emergency Repairs, up to $1,000 before excessCombined with Emergency Repairs, up to $1,000 before excessNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included, benefit will cease from the the time the first of the following occurs:

• when your car is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the vehicle is returned to you following repair

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsCombined with Emergency Transport & Accommodation, up to $1,000 before excessCombined with Emergency Transport & Accommodation, up to $1,000 before excessNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

• when the car is returned to you when it is recovered undamaged

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsBaby Seat Replacement IncludedBaby Seat Replacement IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Car replacement or the replacement cost of a new one if the car is assessed as a total loss within the first 24 months:

• since it was registered in the policy holder's name and had less than 500 km on the odometer

• it had travelled less than 40,000 km since it was first registered
Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750 per claim, up to $150 per itemIncluded up to $750 per claim, up to $150 per itemNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage