4.1 from 6,214 reviews

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

asks a million questions then gives you a quote 3 times competition

Their online form asks you about a million questions for a very basic 3rd party fire and theft motorbike policy, and then provided a quote for $258/yr, when AAMI quoted me $77.92/yr for pretty much the same policy. I think they must be spending all of their money on their advertising, who knows what spam I'm going to get now that I've told them my life story, don't even bother getting a quote.

Claim MadeNo

Everything I needed at much lower price

With another major insurer for nine years, price rises forced me to look elsewhere although I had not lodged a claim with them. Numerous people known to me spoke so highly of Youi I checked them out. The process was long but the agent was exceptional so I accepted the offer.

Car ModelHyundai Elantra AD Trophy

Ripped off

Last year I paid $860 for my Youi car insurance,for some unknown reason,this year they charged me $1265,I didn't receive an email stating it was going up to this,or else I would have disputed it,so the money was just taken from my bank account without me realising,so when I did realise,I rang Youi,they said that they couldn't do anything to drop the price,so I cancelled my policy,
Beware of this recurring policy where they take money from your account yearly,no doubt they hope people don't actually realise how mach they are actually charging us.
From a long standing customer for over 10 years,Thanks Youi

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

Customer service was outstanding

Jarrod has saved us time later when we collect the vehicle and will call us to finalise the policy he made it very easy for us, we were extremely happy with everything

Car Modelford f250
Claim MadeNo

A company that listens! so glad I made the move

I had a fantastic experience with Youi, I had started an online quote which had told me that they would call me to discuss their best deal. From there I spoke to a very friendly sales person who took me through the remainder of the quote.
I have a good driving history
I live in a safe area,
I dont travel far to work and park securely
so the premium reflected!
Plus I get road side and an amazing claims service, peace of mind knowing that I will be looked after if I ever need to claim

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Focus LZ (Hatchback) RS
Claim MadeNo

Had to fight with the insurance ombudsmen for our refund

If you're considering a new insurance provider we strongly DO NOT recommend Youi.

We were in a position where they owed us a considerable amount of money following the sale of a vehicle due to a delay in ceasing insurance with them. Youi then proceeded to refund this morning to the wrong account (ie we didn't get the money) and this is where the saga began. 30+ phone calls and countless hours were spent requesting they reverse the transaction and re-issue to the correct account. They would not budge and simply insisted they had paid us the money and we had receipted it.

After wasting an enormous amount of time and frustration getting nowhere we decided to take it further and lodged a complaint with the AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority).

Incredibly within a handful of days Youi contacted us and said they would pay us the money to the correct account! It took the AFCA to get Youi to look after one of their clients. Poor form.

So we certainly don't recommend Youi and highly recommend the AFCA if you're in a similar situation

Claim MadeNo

Quote $1000 more than other major insurance company!

If i could give it 0 star i would. Firstly, after filling the online form for 10 mins to get a quote, their system Forces you to give them your phone number by saying that is the only way you get the quote to receive a pin on your phone. Then, once you do that, then instead of giving you the quote, their staff call you to go through the same question you just spend last 10 mins filling in, again!

Then you get told for Not At fault claims, you still have to pay the excess, unless you don't report the not at fault claim to them and handle the matter privately yourself, which is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Then, in 1st 3 months of joining the policy you are require to pay extra $1000 special excess, in addition of the basic $900 excess! Any occasion driver all have to pay extra excess on top if it is not listed, even if they only drive it once a year.

Then the icing on the cake us.....their quote was a whopping $1000 more than your main stream 4 letter insurer that covers all the thing they don't! $1000 more, which makes their policy $1953 on a car of market value of $5500. Need I say more what a waste of tim! They might advertise them self as budget, but that is only limited to what they will provide.....they certainly offer beer, but charge for diamonds!

Car ModelToyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto

Saved almost upto $700, Thanks Youi & Mitchell

Mitchell listened to my needs and answered all my queries with patience today and helped me choose the right policy according to my current lifestyle. I saved almost $700 annually comparing to my current insurer which I still can't believe. Highly recommended. Thanks a lot Mitch & Thanks again Youi!!!

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelHyundai Veloster FS

excellent

Policy is good value and I feel very competitive .I will also move my home insurance to youi . I recommend Youi to others.I am being offered all facilities under one policy which is good .

Wasted 1 hour

I was on call for 1 hour, to get quote of $8000 for ridesharing car insurance. That was quite steep as compared to other big players like Aami. How can you come with such hefty prices. I think their commercials are all fake. Caller was bubbly and cheerful but once I got quote I lost my interest. BEWARE

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback)
Claim MadeNo

No cover whatsoever for a non-nominated driver

Quote was going well with person on the phone until they informed me that if a person other than a nominated driver was driving the vehicle, there would be NO COVER whatsoever. Not just an excess, no cover at all. I don't have other people drive my car very often, but if it was being serviced etc, it would not be insured. Maybe they are a little cheaper, but you are taking a huge risk. Avoid at all cost.

Car ModelPorsche Macan 95B Turbo

Disappointed

For the sum insured, the premium is really high. Penny was very good and I'm not blaming her, just not happy with the outcome. Our home and contents policy was good when we had a claim but your auto insurance leaves a lot to be desired. High premiums!

Claim MadeNo

Excellent, Angela is very helpful. Yes , it was east to set up. I save $400. Thanks for you help. In the future I will recommend this company to my friends

Car Model2007-2014 Volkswagen Eos
Claim MadeNo

Just another waste of time

Tried to get an online quote for Home. Spent 10 minutes, to fill out forms, and it collects your number.
next instance they call you, and ask all the questions over again. Not friendly staff, and needs more training. Just like web forms, they don't work outside pre-set options. The one I hate most, is the disclaimer read out. such a waste of time. I eventually had to hang up, as the person was asking hoe many people are going to occupy the house, and during what hours? I just bought the house, and how can a customer provide accurate answer? I don't blame the operators, but the company has strict guidelines behind them, and they are poorly trained how to handle exceptions.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage

youi were very helpful

I am very pleased to have contacted youi for my car insurance. It was no trouble to set up and fully explained to me. I am happy that I changed my provider and would recommend youi to everyone. The policy was sent via email in no time for me to read and comprehend .

Car ModelNissan Navara D40
Claim MadeNo

I bought a second hand car

Hello
I was on a private house from the guy i bought the car. I told (i believe [name removed] was her name) to hurry up as quick as possible because i was in a stranger house who was having a dinner party. She took so long....at least 22 minutes while i am telling her to be quick. I said i have a few others policy with you guys and just need to ensure to insure me the same as the Honda Euro that i cancelled on Friday. I was so disappointed and not happy about the service. I was thinking to move all my insurances from you. She told me it will cost over $2000 a year and i reply this is ridiculous as i bought a second hand car (Golf). What i am realising today she had charge me full comprehensive and I didn't request that at all! on top my car Honda Euro Accord was park into the street one night and my car got hit by a young man and now i am responsible to pay extra for this. When NO ONE was in the car. I was honest with YOUI about it and now they penalise me.....
I understand she has a job to do but i wasn't a new customer only a new policy...i'm sure she could have done something quicker and just copy from the Honda Euro Accord instead of embarrassing me from of that stranger in his house. Please review the recording.

Fortunately this morning i was talking to [name removed] from QLB his number 07 3852 7821 for cancelling the Honda and i call him back and he was very understanding on my bad situation he help me as much as he could but he has limitation. He was GREAT and FANTASTIC Listener and try his hardest to help me.

Now the insurance change for non comprehensive. i am still not happy with the cost extra from the accident not in our fault (my daughter and I) plus i had to pay an extra $5 for 2 days of comprehensive that i didn't requested. i would really appreciate to get all this fix and more for my issues.

Regards

Nadia Marie Tremblay
[contact details removed]
0A30484483 Golf (0A19751844 Honda Euro Accord)

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Brilliant old fashioned service

Courtney Holmes was absolutely terrific.
I started the process online and then Youi phoned me promptly as per their pledge. The service was exemplary. Questions were thorough and professional, and the outcome was terrific. I moved away from another insurer and will likely keep shifting other policies as they fall due.

Rude Customer care service

I expected the customer service to be a little neutral if not friendly. Christopher from customer service was very rude to speak to. He needs to be properly trained to be more elaborate about the questions that he asks. The last thing anybody having a car breakdown in the middle of nowhere is dealing with a rude customer care person on the other side.
The rest of the service from roadside assistance was great.

Takes 20 minutes of sales-talk to get an uncompetitive quote

The website is merely a channel for them to phone you without warning. Have to then repeat it all over the phone going though all these crazy details no one else wants to come up with a higher price. But wait there's more, if they are too high they have a magic button to give a discount which is still higher then the quote you got from their competitors. Even if they came close why would I sign up as when next year comes around they will be back to their higher pricing and I get to go through the whole thing again!

Claim MadeNo

Don't believe the Youi TV commercials!

I have received various quotes in the past for comprehensive insurance for my Volvo.
I'm on a disability pension and home almost 24/7 with the weekly trip to the shops and doctor and little else.
I'm in a low crime area and my car is garaged.
I've been driving for over 25 years with no crashes and all my points on my licence.
Yet every quote I've received has been $300 or more than any of the other big insurance companies.
My friends and family around Australia have reported the same thing to me, so how the hell do they get away with these bogus TV commercials?

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party