See the Best Car Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Youi

• 1-2 weeks (11)
    • 2-4 weeks (11)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (55) · No (17)

Dragging the chain.

Needed to get my car accessed for damages. Told YOUI I am a single woman and needed my car as soon as possible. Have no other way of getting to work. EIGHTEEN DAYS , it took them to get back to me . No follow up calls , I had to ring them , still being assessed . Youi left me completely stranded for EIGHTEEN days . No care , no support. Im changing insurance. This company is useless. Didn't even get an apology. Just excuses for their lame effort. Disgusting service. Will never use or recommend. Its going on Facebook and Tik Tok.

Sue
SueHunter Region, NSW

Not happy

Started doing an online quote and received a phone call. After a long hard sales pitch I asked them to email the quote so I could read through it b4 going ahead. He asked me why!!!?? Ummmmm, beacause I wanted to!! He convinced me to tell him my credit card details and assured me I would get a phone call prior to start date to make sure I was happy with quote. I thought ok, as long as I didn’t had over my 3digit code on back of card I should be fine. Wrong!!! Somehow they managed to process the payment and it came off my card! Not happy at all, called them to cancel payment ASAP as I had not given them the go ahead.. they were rude and told me it would take 7 days for a refund !

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Bill
BillMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Don't trust what your told by youi read your policy carefull

My Youi car insurance was due for renewal and when checking it somewhere someone had changed it to 5000 klm travel allowed and before I rang YOUI I done some online quotes and youi was $100 + dearer plus my car value was worth a lot more (up to double youi) So I rang YOUI to cancel my police but after much time They came up with a new figure but through reading out policy they keeped saying Market Value in which I keeped saying I only do Agreed Value 4 Times this happened and I keep telling them no market value they agreed but when they sent the quote they had on it market value So I changed. YOUI doesn't listen

C C.
C C.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

15 minutes to get an 'online' quote

Comparing quotes and I decided to get one from Youi. My God, what a process. five minutes filling out info online to find out you have to supply a telephone number before getting a price. They then call you to ask a 'couple of questions. Almost 10 minutes later and at least15 - 20 questions plus a couple of scripts read out and I finally get a price that is slightly dearer than my current policy but with a higher excess. What a waste of time. Their online quoting system should be upfront and state the process will take 15 minutes and that you need to speak with an operator. I bet I now get telemarketing.

Jasmin C.
Jasmin C.Sydney, NSW

Terrible quoting experience!

Did an online quote which ended up with me receiving immediate phone calls at an inappropriate time. When I spoke to them it was akin to the the Spanish Inquisition which went on for about 15 minutes. Ended up getting so frustrated with the hard sell, and manipulating tactics that I aborted 15 minutes into the phone all. I don’t even want to imagine what it would be like to actually make a claim! I’d expect an interrogation like experience complete with a bright lamp shining in my face and a lie detector. 1/10 would not recommend.

quote price lies

I recently did an online quote for Youi car insurance. After I finished the online quote, I was given a price of just under $60 a month. To finish the quote I was instructed to call and after being on the phone for 15 minutes and answering all the same questions again, I was told it would be $111 a month. That was $50 more a month than I was quoted. Stay away from this company. They say they can save you, but they just offer you something that they don't actually have. Horrible! They told me that small differences can make price changes, but the price change was massive. After getting off the phone with them, I rang a rival company and got my car insured for $64 a month. Youi could do this price, but refused to help me.

M.H  I.L
M.H I.LMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't be fooled!

Have tried them 6 or 7 times and they are nowhere near being remotely competitive, some quotes were over double current insurers with quite a few catches. It's all just down to slick nonsense ads so as I said don't be fooled.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Andy GPerth, WA

Quoted almost DOUBLE what I'm currently paying!?

Did an online quote on my Mercedes Benz, I was just looking to save a few dollars. Youi quote was almost $600 MORE than what I'm paying with my current insurer. Just to rub salt into the wound, they valued my car at almost $4,500 LESS than my current agreed value! So I decided to speak to them on the phone, the guy I spoke to was pleasant enough, but confirmed that the online quote was correct and then he tells me that unlike my current insurer, the Youi policy doesn't include windscreen replacement, towing costs, hire car, nothing!
Needless to say I declined his policy and will stick with my current insurer. Certainly nothing like the ads on TV that claim to have saved hundreds of dollars.

Joseph S.
Joseph S.South East Queensland, QLD

Reduced my monthly cost of my car by nearly $30

Oliver was a legend! Easy to talk to. We had a good laugh while sorting out my car insurance. He felt human compared to other insurers. The price is very cheap for my car. I will be doing my next car with Youi

Michael WoodsCentral Queensland, QLD

Always insist on viewing quote as what is stated verbally was wrong

Was told that policy would cover 10k of accessories on top of agreed value then told it wouldn't. Their valuation of the vehicle was way below market value by at least 10k

Steve
SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Constant price increases

As you better your own life, these people will gouge for more.. every little change after your first registration with them means you are more risky and prices go up

Insurance TypeComprehensive
JenPerera
JenPereraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't expect to save like the ads say

Rang Youi for a quote, I was quoted $2612 for my Jeep, Aami waa $1602 with a lower excess and higher car value. I was shocked at the quote being 1k more than Aami. Know who i'll be giving my business to.

Eli
EliPerth, WA

Youi insurance company is totally a JOKE!!

Matt W.
Matt W.Sydney, NSW

Worst insurance company

Vehicle was rolled and lost 5l of oil, ran for 10km very noisy and blowing large amounts of smoke
Youi had it assessed and found water in the oil and have said this is normal and they will not take liability for the engine
Do not use Youi

Need improvement
Need improvementGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Need improvement

Mildred R.
Mildred R.asked
Car Insurance

Can you sign up without having to talk to them on the phone yet? I swear I've looked at them so many times over the years and would've signed up if I could just do it online like any other service!

Andy G

I'm not sure, I didn't proceed after I received the quote. Stuck with my original insurer who have now given me a 10% discount too after speaking to them.
Not sure why it wouldn't be possible.

Sue Cowie
Sue Cowieasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Could I get a quote for insurance

Michael Woods

Don't bother, they tell you one thing over the phone and get you to take out the policy. When the documents are sent the value of the vehicle is 10k less. Try Woolworths or Budget Direct.

Steve O
Steve Oasked
Car Insurance

I have had comprehensive insurance with Youi for years. My daughter (20F P plates) is a listed driver on the policy. Unfortunately had an accident where she was at fault (fail to give way). No injuries thankfully but both cars written off. Youi paid out market value for our car and handled our side just fantastic.
However we have just received magistrates court claim from other drivers insurers’ lawyers for their damages including ongoing rental costs.
Youi advice over the phone was that they are dealing with it in “complex claims” and to just ignore the legal documents.
Worried this will result in a default judgement and financial costs awarded against my daughter personally if we don’t defend the claim.
Really don’t understand why their lawyer thinks that it is a) even necessary and b) the smart play to sue a 20yo (broke!) Uni student when there is an insurance company who are covering it and will (surely!) pay out the claim.
Honestly don’t know what to do. Can we trust Youi’s advice here or should we be getting a lawyer involved?

Sammy
Sammy

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance has produced many-a-happy customer, with Youi being an 2019 Award Winner in the ProductReview.com.au Awards.

Points of praise for youi:

• Youi’s customer service was most praised, closely followed by their timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Reviewers appreciated their car insurance policies being set up quickly and efficiently. They reported staff being friendly and informative during this process. One 5-star review mentioned, ‘I felt that your company is more customer focused than the average insurer.’
  • The free roadside assistance included in youi’s Comprehensive Insurance policy was also an attractive feature for many reviewers, as some other companies charge for this in a separate agreement.
  • Many reviews also mentioned significant monthly cost savings compared to previous insurers.

Youi’s lower ratings, of which there were fewer, tended to focus on: a high excess charged for a policy with a lower premium, inconsistent quote amounts from one day to another, and certain policy quotes being expensive compared to other companies.

Compare all 3 Youi Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Home and Contents and MotorcycleBusiness, Home and Contents and MotorcycleBusiness, Home and Contents and Motorcycle
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterYouiYouiYoui
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverReduced Excess Optional ExtraReduced Excess Optional ExtraReduced Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefit will cease from the time the first of the following occurs:

• when your claim is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the car is returned to you following repair

• when your claim is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the car is returned to you following repair

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationCombined with Emergency Repairs, up to $1,000 before excessCombined with Emergency Repairs, up to $1,000 before excessNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included, benefit will cease from the the time the first of the following occurs:

• when your car is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the vehicle is returned to you following repair

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsCombined with Emergency Transport & Accommodation, up to $1,000 before excessCombined with Emergency Transport & Accommodation, up to $1,000 before excessNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

• when the car is returned to you when it is recovered undamaged

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsBaby Seat Replacement IncludedBaby Seat Replacement IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Car replacement or the replacement cost of a new one if the car is assessed as a total loss within the first 24 months:

• since it was registered in the policy holder's name and had less than 500 km on the odometer

• it had travelled less than 40,000 km since it was first registered
Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750 per claim, up to $150 per itemIncluded up to $750 per claim, up to $150 per itemNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage