See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

4,337

Good service except for the computer algorithm!

The quoted policy increased when I amended the facts pertaining to my wife's driving record. I believed she had received demerit points within 3 years, so to be one the safe side while she checked I had it recorded. In fact she had no demerits, but when this fact was entered the cost went up!

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II (2015-Present)

Ric Lawes

Ric LawesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the shop around

Whilst Youi did not come up with the cheapest price the inclusions offset the difference. Breakdown was a nice inclusion, phone conversation and all the compliance rubbish is just way too long but then in our bureaucratic strangulation imposed by pencil neck public servants there are no short cuts.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C200 CDI W204

Wish I'd done it sooner!

Easy as a phone call to get it done...we have got three vehicles so it took a little time to finish. After being with our previous Insurer for 10plus years, I wish I'd done this sooner...saved heaps!

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL Wagon
Claim MadeNo

your people are very good at there job they make you feel like you are talking to an good mate

the only thing that I would like to see is the value that you insure the car for we have been with youi for around five years we have never used road side assist and never lodged a claim

Car ModelHyundai Tucson JM
Claim MadeNo

Incredibly painful quote experience, and then the quote was very expensive

Answered a few questions online then they called me, wanted to chat about nothing then asked me all the questions I'd already answered online again! When eventually got to the quote it was a lot more than I was expecting, then she instantly offered 10% less - so if you're going with them I'd definitely recommend haggling - but it was still expensive and I was so annoyed by then I said no thanks.

Yffran K.

Yffran K.Northern Region, NSW

Disappointing

Aaron was perfect and I'm thrilled to be saving so much but so disappointed that youi won't let me have comprehensive cover. That's the cover I need but due to some very minor hail damage, I'm ineligible.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelNissan X-Trail

Andrew

Andrew

Great experience.

The operator that I spoke with was very helpful. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount that I would be saving by swapping to Youi. I absolutely recommend that you at least get a quote from Youi and make up your own mind.

Caroline R.

Caroline R.Perth, WA

Deducted premiums for cover that I would not have been able to claim on.

I had Youi car cover for 2 years and then moved house. The new property did not have a lockable garage, only a carport so the new premiums quoted were nearly double. I said that wasn't happy to pay this and was going to shop around. Youi continued to deduct premiums until I realised, 4 months later, that they hadn't cancelled my cover. If my car had been stolen from my carport during that time, they would not have covered me, yet they continued to take money. They refused to refund my premiums unless I showed them my other policy - I am happily with RAC for 1/3 of the price. I absolutely cannot recommend this company. Dreadful ethics.

Car ModelGreat Wall X-Series
Claim MadeNo

Would not listen only signing up a new policy

After asking for vehicle details first question was how much was existing policy. Told they could better it which was $150 cheaper. Were not interested in use of vehicle. Excess and windscreen were both $900. No hire car. Current policy has free windscreen excess $600 and 21day free hire car. Youi could not offer this and if they could premium would be $300 more. Definitely not value for money. Do not use.

Car ModelAudi A4
Claim MadeNo

Have been with YOUI for ages. Nothing comes close.

Compared to other quotes YOUI was really comparable. It was super easy to set up the new policy and cancel the existing policy. The whole process took about 15 minutes.

Car ModelHyundai Active

Qld Atherton

Qld AthertonFar North Queensland, QLD

Perfect for us

Policy is good value. Took 2 1/2 hours on the phone however Lynne was so clear and easy to understand. Love the fact we can contact her any time. Loved that we can go in to our policy anytime online and change things.

Claim MadeNo

Friendly, professional and affordable!

Honestly, I cannot recommend Youi car insurance enough! Nikita was very helpful and responsive to my insurance needs when I called, after filling out an online quote. She was friendly, professional, and made sure I had the insurance I needed. 10/10!

Car ModelNissan 370Z Z34 Coupe

Lee

LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I had done this sooner!

I just signed up to Youi today and I cant believe how much I will be saving each month...Vegas here I come! I spoke to the loveliest lady on the phone signing me up from South Africa....she was so happy and friendly and made my day! Would definetly recommend Youi !!

Car ModelMazda CX-3 DK Akari AWD, 1.8L Diesel, Automatic

John

JohnSouth Australia

New Car Insurance

Have research many other companies and Youi was the best value for money,of course I just sign up will see how it goes.I don't agreed with negative comments the lady was brilliant explain all about with many option to choice and I have pick the one interest me BIG SAVING for sure Yes it took time but it is worth the time I have save over $ 175.00 from my old insurance company at the end. Thank you " Bella" you was polite and great to explain the many ways you can insure my Mercedes.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class
Eric

Eric

Looking for a cheaper policy.

I filled out the Youi 'Start a Quote' template only to have a person from a sales team contact me to ask the same questions. At the end a a laborious 20 minute interrogation the quote they provided was 30% higher than the existing Suncorp policy. Have other consumers had better experiences?

Mick W

Mick WIllawarra, NSW

Overpriced for what you get!!! get a comprehensive quote from elsewhere!!

Was easy to set up however after I took the policy out someone suggested that I was paying more than a comprehensive policy would cost. I quoted it with NRMA and yep the comprehensive policy was $10 pm CHEAPER than third party and theft.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Rodeo RA (2003-2008)

UNHAPPY WITH SERVICE

UNHAPPY WITH SERVICENorth Queensland, QLD

Substandard work

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Wasted 30 mins to get a quote double that of my current insurer

Claim MadeNo

Lady who served me was a LEGEND!

Girl who served me was a legend!!!!!! cant remember her name but if you find out who it was give her a pay rise!!!!! she was so happy and friendly and its a freaking Saturday power to her!

will

willSouth East Queensland, QLD

Seems easy

Change my insurances to Youi after using another company for 28 years of loyalty- cheaper for the same as per their PDF . Seems loyalty is only a sales pitch . Youi was quick , I spoke to an Australian representative in 15 seconds of calling and got all my questions answered and it also saved me a bundle on my 4 policies

Car ModelNissan 350Z

Third Party Property Only Car Insurance

Hey Youi representative monitoring this site.
Is it true that Youi New Zealand has been forced to sell off the business because of the criminal convictions Youi was charged for in the courts of NZ. Is it true that Youi New Zealand is being sold to Tower Insurance. Is it true that Youi Australia is to be sold off to IAG Limited ?

Third Party Fire & Theft Car Insurance

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Carolyn
Carolyn

Hi Boris, I'm not associated with YOUi (was just on here checking reviews). Here's an article to answer your questions. https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-services/youi-sells-out-of-stunted-nz-growth-sharpens-aussie-focus-20190924-p52uee

thanks Carolyn. Yes, Youi is selling off. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance

2.3
Youi Third Party Property Only Car Insurance

Youi Third Party Property Only Car Insurance

3.5
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Contact Number 1300 219 9481300 219 9481300 219 948
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Home and Contents and MotorcycleBusiness, Home and Contents and MotorcycleBusiness, Home and Contents and Motorcycle
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterYouiYouiYoui
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverReduced Excess Optional ExtraReduced Excess Optional ExtraReduced Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included, benefit will cease from the the time the first of the following occurs:

• when your car is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the vehicle is returned to you following repair

Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefit will cease from the time the first of the following occurs:

• when your claim is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the car is returned to you following repair

• when your claim is paid for a total loss; or
  • when the car is returned to you following repair

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsCombined with Emergency Transport & Accommodation, up to $1,000 before excessCombined with Emergency Transport & Accommodation, up to $1,000 before excessNot Included
Emergency Transport & AccommodationCombined with Emergency Repairs, up to $1,000 before excessCombined with Emergency Repairs, up to $1,000 before excessNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

• when your claim is paid for a total loss;
  • when the car is returned to you following repair; or
  • when the car is returned to you when it is recovered undamaged

• when your claim is paid for a total loss;
  • when the car is returned to you following repair; or
  • when the car is returned to you when it is recovered undamaged

Not Included

Child Safety Seats and PramsBaby Seat Replacement IncludedBaby Seat Replacement IncludedNot Included
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Car replacement or the replacement cost of a new one if the car is assessed as a total loss within the first 24 months:

• since it was registered in the policy holder's name and had less than 500 km on the odometer

Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750 per claim, up to $150 per itemIncluded up to $750 per claim, up to $150 per itemNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage