Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance

4.2 from 6,011 reviews

Great customer service throughout this ordeal. Great communication from all. Thank you!

Quick response on claim. Unfortunately as no speed cameras showing car hitting me at fault I had to pay excess but all staff very honest and helpful. Only with Youi for 3 months but apart from excess I am happy with my experience to date. Great communication! Very helpful and responsive staff. Would recommend!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019

Top customer service

The person I spoke to had just the best customer service skills, I was very impressed. He also eaxplained the policy well to me as was able to answer all of my questions.

Honesty

A breath of fresh air. Somebody who wanted to help was honest and did not laugh at the questions I ask. A real person. Great experience.I walked away paying a little more but I felt like I was in good hands. Cheers

Cannot get quote

Impossible for me as an older person to get a quote online as no mobile, went through all details, then got a quote cheaper online than phone call, transferring policies from old to new vehicle. Very frustrating for people without mobile, unlike other companies.

Great customer service

Compared prices on line and was surprised to contact Youi, received a call back within 5 minutes and $52 cheaper per month than any other on line.

Customer service was great with a direct email address to contact someone in the future with questions or follow up.

Impressed !

Car ModelBMW X2 F39 M35i
Claim MadeNo

Not the cheapest, but the best!

Youi are not offering the cheapest premium, but they do offer the best service. Made my first claim earlier this year and the time from my initial phone call, to appraisal and approval was just a touch over 24 hours. Brilliant!!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

A bit more expensive but will stay

We have been insured with Youi for over 5 years with several policies. We have unfortunately in the last 2 years had claims, firstly a driving accident, secondly a hail incident. Both times Youi were fantastic to deal with, yes we had to wait for the hail to be repaired, but considering the widespread damage done by the storm that day not a big deal. I have recently bought another vehicle. I had rung a different insurer more reflective of the type of vehicle which I bought. The premium came back quite a few hundred dollars cheaper than Youi. Given the fact that we have had nothing but the best service from Youi with our claims and definitely no problems, even though it will be more expensive to insure the new vehicle with Youi, I will be insuring this vehicle as well as the other policies with them.Sometimes it is not always about the cheapest.

Claim MadeNo

Great experience and switched from RACQ

The experience at Youi getting a new policy has been great. The operator (Drew) I spoke to was fantastic and made the whole signing up experience a breeze. Thankyou Youi

Car Modelhyundai i30

Cancellation of car policy

We sold our car and rang Youi to advise to cancel our policy which only had a month remaining. Was advised by the person on the phone there would be a $37.00 charge for cancelling the policy mid-term. I stated there was only one month remaining and not mid-term as he stated. I asked if I was going to get a refund for the month remaining and said that was hard to work out. I decided to let the policy remain open and asked him to close the policy in the month time. Never heard of such a stupid policy and just another way of ripping off the customer. I advise the person on the phone to let management know I WILL NOT use YOUI again for any of my policies.

Claim MadeNo

Their ads suggest they are cheap. Not the case!!!

After watching Youi ads I thought I'd get a quote for my car. Well, turned out to be the most expensive of all the ones I rang. They asked a heap of questions and then gave me a totally laughable quote. Be very careful and shop around. Don't just go by the very misleading ads.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelPeugeot 308 T7 (2008-2013)
Claim MadeNo

Fantastic service with detailed information

Consultant worked hard to explain everything to me to give me the best possible premium for my needs, whilst still saving me a substantial amount of money. He certainly ensured that I ended up with the best value policy available in the easiest way possible.

Car ModelMazda 3
Claim MadeNo

Brilliant coverage and great customer service

Excellent customer service
Great coverage for our circumstances
Good optional coverage (window+rental car)
Much more affordable than any other insurer because they value safe storage and low mileage
Safe drivers are rewarded

Car ModelLand Rover Discovery Sport HSE

Cringeworthy Sales Tactics

Filled out a form online for 10 minutes to then receive a call to redo the quote over the phone to find the "best cover". A few minutes of small talk about my weekend etc. to then tell me that I will be sent a link to see the quote online (which I never did).

I guess they lie to you about this (as it's clear there's no way to get a price online) so you call them back and continue over the phone. People don't have time for your crap Youi... Moving on to another insurer...

Claim MadeNo

Great customer service and lovely to talk to.

Great value and happy with the service. The lady i spoke to was very helpful, but car we have insured has been easy to do so and have always found them helpful. Have been with Youi for a few years now and they have always been helpful. I haven't had roadside assistance as yet but my son has and Youi was wonderful.

Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero Sport

Expert Fake Loveliness

Youi is now a typical Insurance mogul. The newest form of marketing is confusion and they do it well. They talk fast and deflect often. This tried and proven marketing technique is designed to confuse and slightly annoy so that you end up taking whatever is put in front of you (or not) by, what seems to be, your new best friend with a supposed transparent and honest manner. The 'what's apparently best for you' angle is pushed hard into the psyche. Their up-sell technique is based on the same confusion principle. For instance the sales person, make no mistake, these people are sales experts, might say "If you look at it, it's only a difference of $6.25 a week". That's $325 a year extra people! Don't even start me on 'Market value' vs 'Agreed value'. Welcome to the new fast talking, over-verbose, non-listening assassin that, as mentioned, now falls into the category of typical (Insurance) industry mogul. Think of the big 4 banks with expert fake loveliness and exploitive rhetoric. That's Youi.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelMazda 626 GF/GW (1997-2002)
Claim MadeNo

Great people to deal with

I have 3 policy’s and at 64 I have never made a claim until the other day when my car was stolen the level of service and proffesional service was excellent to say the least I have bought another car and have gone to youi because when it was needed the most they came through thanks to all I felt with
Allan cotter

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

Great customer service!

Spoke to a lady named Jasmine on the phone. Absolute legend. Clear communicator, positive, polite and all round good human. Didn't know a lot abot Youi before but now I do!

Claim MadeNo

Terrible avoid like the plague

I Was quoted $3400 for insurance from youi.
Racq was only $1500 with roadside assistance.
No explanation was given when I asked youi why there was such a big difference. They have lost my business.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL

Great Service

Very easy to set up, exceptional customer, service all you could want with no hassles and no pushing to purchase. My consultant called me back with even more information regarding my concerns

Claim MadeNo

Great product and customer service

I saved over $390 by switching to Youi from my long term insurance company after they hiked my price up 61% after my wife accidentally reversed into a car. The customer service was excellent and friendly and they were very clear and easy to deal with.

Claim MadeNo

Can I seek confirmation on a few questions I have about Youi's PDS? We will not pay for any loss, damage or legal liability caused directly or indirectly: -18. when the car is being driven by a person who: • i s under the influence of alcohol and/or a drug and/or any other intoxicating substance; • has a blood alcohol level higher than the legal limit; Does Youi consider influence of alcohol to be anything above 0.00 BAC or only above the legal limit of 0.05? 22. when the car is being used on a permanent or temporary racetrack or raceway, or in a four wheel drive or adventure park Are public gazetted roads/tracks/4WD trails where the vehicle is legally allowed to be covered on the policy? 26. by the use or application of car parts or accessories which are not recommended or specified by the manufacturer; If I have a Toyota with, for example, ARB Old Man Emu raised suspension (2" lift which is legal in my state) is Youi's view that because it is not Toyota OEM parts then I am not covered by the insurance policy? Thanks, Tim
Hi Tim, cheers for your questions. Regarding alcohol it is the legal limit so if you are a P driver & your limit is zero this is the limit we follow, if you are fully licenced & your limit is 0.05 we follow this. Public roads are OK as long as it is not classified as a FWD adventure park. Off road is OK as long it's not a 4WD adventure park. If you have modifications of any sort we need to know about it & we list it, so can add to your vehicle however we only cover for a certain amount of after-market accessories. Cheers & I hope this helps. Koppo

let me know when the insurence is due to renew.thanks
Hi William, I’m happy to help, although I will need to know your policy number. Can you email me on koppok@youi.com with these details & then I’ll let you know? Alternatively, you can give our customer service team a call & they will only be too happy to lend a hand. Cheers Koppo

How much is it to insure my car Honda CRV 2007? I Live in Montmorency Vic 3094 Can I pay monthly?
Our policies are tailored to your individual risk Janine. We ask a few more questions to get a better understanding of this, in order to get the right price. We do offer monthly & annual repayments, so when you’re ready, please feel free to call us on 13 9684. (13 YOUI).

Similar listings