3.7

67% · 105 · 33%

1.0
Brand Manager for Health Care Insurance? Claim your listing.

Ben S.
Ben S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service and easy to use insurance

Pretty happy with HCI. Easy to use app and always been easy to get through to them over the phone. Great service and they go out of their way to help you. Show details
Rosemarie H
Rosemarie HSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

If they can't be bothered getting you to Join.......???

I wanted to join HCI after getting on online quote.
I called three times - 18/8 to 'Louise', 23/8 to 'Carly' & 28/8 to a supervisor called 'Lorraine'
All promised to follow up asap and confirm the quote so I could join.
I can only assume that as I have been living overseas for 9 years and it wasn't a straightforward query - they have put it in the TOO HARD BASKET! Geez, companies usually provide their best service in getting you onboard, I can only assume they DON'T WANT my business???? Show details
Exceedingly happy
Exceedingly happyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

By far the best

How refreshing to deal with a corporation that is so pleasant, efficient and helpful. Last claim settled in 24 hours. Cheapest? Don't know and I don't care. You can talk to a human and whoever answers the phone deals with the question. 3 years and while they stay the same I will never leave. Show details
Robere
RobereSouth East Queensland, QLD33 posts

EVA
EVAHobart, TAS17 posts

No viable method of contact

Tried multiple times to contact tis company to make a claim. I am a member and when I call I am kept on hold and then eventually disconnected. There are no staff answering calls. The chat is unattended. I am cancelling my insurance. They have a list of guiding principles and have failed to adhere to them on all counts. Show details
mom and fa
mom and faGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC21 posts

We are paying for so little during the pandemic, need you to step-up and be fair for people who can't use the cover

We are from Victoria and we being a loyal customer for ages, due to the pandemic we keep on paying the entire fee + they get the rebate from gov, but the ability of usage of the cover is so little, we only used extras pretty much eye and dental care but they both are closed due to COVID restrictions. We raised this issue with them and asked for fair mediation but what they told us was we can still use other benefits such as ambulance :). So far we could not use the cover at all though we pay like a hundred and thirty dollars after the rebate. Our last claim was in Dec 2019.

I expect them to rise up for the occasion and be fair to their loyal customer than just making an unfair profit out of the situation. Show details

Rafique
RafiqueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Good old fashioned personal service using current technology

Very professional, efficient and true value for money. Having enjoyed their services for a couple of years, will confidently recommend HEALTH CARE INSURANCE. Hardly any waiting when contacting them via phone, courteous service by service providers. You won't be disappointed.

Ms Shine Queen
Ms Shine QueenSouth East Queensland, QLD18 posts

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

HCI - They are great

We have been with HCI for nearly 30 years and have had claims for hospital on a few occasions as well as extras on a regular basis. They have always paid promptly and without question and the customer service is great. I recently priced other funds only to find they cannot even provide a lesser cover for the amount we pay to HCI so we have no complaints at all.

CattledogSydney25 posts

Garry
GarryAdelaide10 posts

Amazing customer service!

Being a non profit I was surprised the service was so amazing, and friendly, they really go out of their way to help answer all my questions. Being a non profit I also know their will be no surprises come crunch time. been with Health Care Insurance for two years and I don't plan on going anywhere else.

beebeegee
beebeegeeMelbourne, Vic244 posts

Low cost, good benefits, good service

All our claims so far have all been HICAPS paid except for an ambo membership reimbursement. The membership reimbursement was filed through their app - just had to take a picture via the app and off it went. All was with no worries and paid exactly as expected. The reimbursement only took hours! While starting with HCI I contacted them numerous times about various things. They seem to have a small staff that is very personable and personal. The premiums are fairly sharp although some of their benefits are on the lower side, but those we use and need are on the high side, so HCI works very well for us. Very happy we moved on to HCI.

Gamekeeper
GamekeeperDarling Downs, QLD6 posts
John
JohnSydney18 posts

A Non Profit Healthcare Provider That Puts People Before profit!

Health Care Insurance being a non profit healthcare provider is the way to go! They're very transparent when it comes to costs so there won't be any nasty surprises when it counts the most. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and my experience after getting a knee operation has been extremely positive from start to finish!

RicSydney, nsw81 posts

HCI Health Care Insurance is the best value for money!

I decided on HCI Health Care Insurance after browsing through the private health insurance ombudsman website. I found I could compare all the health funds industry percentage statistics such as Hospital Related Charges Covered, medical services with no gap, Member Retention, etc.

I am very happy with HCI's customer service so far and would highly recommend them to anyone.

If you would like to compare policies for yourself just do a google search on "Individual Health Fund Report Cards" and click on the PHIO gov website.

cassie
cassie

I was told that if you take $1000 excess choice that this is not recognized by government as having hospital insurance Is this correct

Andrew
Andrew

Yes that appears to be the case. See the HCI guide to cover PDF, page 11 where the $1000 excess option says: * Not exempt from Medicare levy surcharge

Mr ash
Mr ash

We chose this option and were then told it was hidden in their pdf. Very dishonest

JaneD
JaneD

That's the law - Medicare Levy only relates to hospital cover, not extras cover.

jinjan
jinjan

I'm interested in your experience in processing of claims with HCI. Being in NSW, do they have a comprehensive list of their preferred health service providers and private hospitals?

Contact info for Health Care Insurance