Health Care Insurance

Health Care Insurance

4.3

mom and fa

mom and faGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We are paying for so little during the pandemic, need you to step-up and be fair for people who can't use the cover.

We are from Victoria and we being a loyal customer for ages, due to the pandemic we keep on paying the entire fee + they get the rebate from gov, but the ability of usage of the cover is so little, we only used extras pretty much eye and dental care but they both are closed due to COVID restrictions. We raised this issue with them and asked for fair mediation but what they told us was we can still use other benefits such as ambulance :). So far we could not use the cover at all though we pay like a hundred and thirty dollars after the rebate. Our last claim was in Dec 2019.

I expect them to rise up for the occasion and be fair to their loyal customer than just making an unfair profit out of the situation.

Claim MadeNo
    Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
    Rafique

RafiqueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good old fashioned personal service using current technology.

Very professional, efficient and true value for money. Having enjoyed their services for a couple of years, will confidently recommend HEALTH CARE INSURANCE. Hardly any waiting when contacting them via phone, courteous service by service providers. You won't be disappointed.

Ms Shine Queen

Ms Shine QueenSouth East Queensland, QLD

HCI, can't fault them

Health Insurance

Find out how Health Care Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

HCI - They are great.

We have been with HCI for nearly 30 years and have had claims for hospital on a few occasions as well as extras on a regular basis. They have always paid promptly and without question and the customer service is great. I recently priced other funds only to find they cannot even provide a lesser cover for the amount we pay to HCI so we have no complaints at all.

CattledogSydney

HCI is there for its members, not the corporation

Garry

GarryAdelaide

Amazing customer service!

Being a non profit I was surprised the service was so amazing, and friendly, they really go out of their way to help answer all my questions. Being a non profit I also know their will be no surprises come crunch time. been with Health Care Insurance for two years and I don't plan on going anywhere else.

Insurance claim madeNo
    Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
    beebeegee

beebeegeeMelbourne, Vic

Low cost, good benefits, good service

All our claims so far have all been HICAPS paid except for an ambo membership reimbursement. The membership reimbursement was filed through their app - just had to take a picture via the app and off it went. All was with no worries and paid exactly as expected. The reimbursement only took hours! While starting with HCI I contacted them numerous times about various things. They seem to have a small staff that is very personable and personal. The premiums are fairly sharp although some of their benefits are on the lower side, but those we use and need are on the high side, so HCI works very well for us. Very happy we moved on to HCI.

Gamekeeper

GamekeeperDarling Downs, QLD

HCI = Hopeless Care Insurance

JohnSydney

A Non Profit Healthcare Provider That Puts People Before profit!

Health Care Insurance being a non profit healthcare provider is the way to go! They're very transparent when it comes to costs so there won't be any nasty surprises when it counts the most. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and my experience after getting a knee operation has been extremely positive from start to finish!

Health Insurance

Find out how Health Care Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

JohnSydney, nsw

HCI Health Care Insurance is the best value for money!

I decided on HCI Health Care Insurance after browsing through the private health insurance ombudsman website. I found I could compare all the health funds industry percentage statistics such as Hospital Related Charges Covered, medical services with no gap, Member Retention, etc.

I am very happy with HCI's customer service so far and would highly recommend them to anyone.

If you would like to compare policies for yourself just do a google search on "Individual Health Fund Report Cards" and click on the PHIO gov website.

cassie

cassieasked

I was told that if you take $1000 excess choice that this is not recognized by government as having hospital insurance Is this correct

Andrew
    Andrew

Yes that appears to be the case. See the HCI guide to cover PDF, page 11 where the $1000 excess option says: * Not exempt from Medicare levy surcharge

Mr ash
    Mr ash

We chose this option and were then told it was hidden in their pdf. Very dishonest

jinjan

jinjanasked

I'm interested in your experience in processing of claims with HCI. Being in NSW, do they have a comprehensive list of their preferred health service providers and private hospitals?

John

I have not yet had to claim with HCI as I am a fairly new member myself, however my experience dealing with them over the phone has been very positive. I certainly did my homework to find them, I researched every private health insurer for several months, read reviews, compared policies, looked at all the government reports. What I like about HCI is they are not for profit, they have one of the highest retention rates, low out of pocket expenses, no trickery, they are completely honest about everything up front. They have a comprehensive Private hospital list, and the welcome pack they send you goes over everything in more detail. Their website is http://www.hciltd.com.au/hospital-search

Good luck in your decision. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Cattledog

Go to the HCI website http://www.hciltd.com.au/ & click on Members > Hospital Search or Doctor Search or Hicaps, to find providers the have agreements with. They cover all the private hospitals in my area and some of the specialists doctors. I have used HCI to make claims through HICAPS with dentists physios etc. without any problem

CategoryHealth Insurance