AIA Health Insurance
See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AIA Australia

Pros

Affordable premiums
Knowledgeable staff
Easy to deal with

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (9)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (5)

The phone lines?

Joined AIA last week, clearly the customer service is fantastic to begin with because you are a new member.
Calling up today about a claim and have been on hold for 30 minutes? I cancelled the call and called back and clicked the new member option and got a sales agent straight away. He then just transferred me back to the same area so I have been on hold again for 25 minutes. Definitely going to be cancelling my membership after this.

Sam was great.

Being with the same health fund for the past 40 years, it took some courage to change, but due to rising costs and non-coverage of the private hospital in our area, we decided to look at other options. A friend recommended AIA to us due to their fantastic
rewards system, I made enquiries and Sam was very helpful and thorough in his knowledge of how this fund works. We have made the change and thanks to Sam this was easily accomplished and we hope to enjoy the benefits offered in years to come. Thank you AIA Health fund and Sam for his personable manner.

Mike Scanlon
Mike ScanlonPerth, WA

Exceptional Customer Series & Products

After 35 years of premiums, we left our health provider. Why, their products were no match for AIA. And the $$ saved, that’s a whole other story. Kylie made the transition so seamless, thanks Kylie. And the icing on the top…….AIA are proud supports of AFLW.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your fantastic review! It's lovely to hear such positive feedback for our team.

Painless Experience

Brilliant telephone sales, clear, factual and understandable summary of product details.
Could not say no

Hi David,

Roberto
RobertoSydney, NSW

Great customer service and health plan

Just joined Neil was brilliant called me back on time and again to finish what we started. They sorted everything even cancelled my old policy brilliant service

Michael Jones
Michael JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding Personal Service By Kylie Langford

Hi Michael,

Kudos to Sierra!

I don’t know how much I am going to enjoy the delivery of your service but customer service from Sierra was absolutely exceptional. Very articulate and elaborated right to my need. Keep up the good work guys !!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Ambulance Cover & Insurance in Australia

Many people mistakenly believe that the cost of an emergency ambulance call out is covered by Medicare, but unfortunately it's not. State governments in QLD and TAS will pick up the bill, but what about the rest of Australia?

ambulance-cover-insurance-in-australia
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Noeline Solomons
Noeline SolomonsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect Plan offered with AIA Vitality Program

I have been in Private Health Insurance for over 20 years and our premium was way to high. Alexandra was excellent, friendly and easy to talk to. She explained the perfect plan with all options and extras clearly to suit our needs and helped me understand how the AIA Vitality program worked. She was very friendly and made our transition to AIA as smooth as possible. It is worth looking into for a comparison if you have health cover elsewhere.

AIA A.AIA AustraliaSend a private message

Kylie Langford is just the best person ever to deal with. Thank you!

Just a really good company to deal with. Customer service is flawless and that can make the difference when the market offers a tonne of similar products.

Hi Elodie,

Betty
BettyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Value for Money for Top Level Health Insurance

I have had Private Health Insurance since 1992 & in recent years our monthly premium has increased to a point where I felt I needed to look for another Company as it was becoming unaffordable. After speaking with Charley, she was able to offer me affordable health cover & she explained all the options & extras very clearly. She was very friendly & made my transition to AIA be as smooth as possible. I'm glad I made the change to AIA as I now save over $130.00 a month. Worth contacting them for a quote if you currently have Health Insurance elsewhere.

Tanya
TanyaSydney, NSW

Fantastic Membership, Fantastic Customer Service’

I love what AIA has to offer me to suit my lifestyle. Fantastic & friendly customer service! Sam helped me sort my insurance to accomodate my needs - fabulous to talk to!

Hi Tanya
Thank you for your fantastic review! It's lovely to hear such positive feedback for Sam and our team.

Lyn
LynPilbara, WA

Julio Gervigny, thank you for all your help and taking the time to listen to my needs and explaining everything so well.

I joined today and feel it is good value and offers what I need

Find out how AIA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Easy to join & great advice

Alexandra Johnston was really great at explaining which policy would be best suited for me. Very friendly and helpful.

This Policy is Amazing

The policy was so easy to set up and is much better value than our previous Policy. Charly was amazing and really understood my family's situation and what we needed the most. Charly made understanding the policy easy and I really love that AIA deal with our previous health insurance company for us

Hi Amanda,

Ben H.
Ben H.South East Queensland, QLD

good experience

better then existing policy. advisor understood my situation and offered sound advice

Hi Ben
Thank you so much for your review! It's lovely to hear such positive feedback.

BAY
BAYasked

Does AIA provide Overseas Visitor Health Cover in compliance with TSS Visa 482 requirements?

Lady G.
Lady G.asked

Seems to be hundreds of suspiciously bright and perky 5* reviews talking about how good the customer service is when AIA persuade you to swap from other health insurers, but I can find precious few reviews regarding actually making a claim? Those are the reviews I want to read. All companies are charming when taking your money, I want to know how do they perform when you ask for it back?

This is not a question for AIA, I do not require a response from them. I would like to hear from the folk who have been through the claims process with them.

Doug Upsome

Are you kidding me? "Kylie, Pete & Bob made it easy to transfer across to AIA ?" thats a review????
Any Company will gladly accept a customers money its the service they provide when you need to make a claim... Thats what we want to know.

Lou O.
Lou O.asked

Hi,
Can I please ask for feedbacks on people's experiences with claiming cover from AIA?
Thanks in advance.

Lou

See all AIA Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives

Features

• Cover is available for singles, couples, families and single parents. While data isn’t readily available on the AIA website to help you compare different policies generally, AIA requests that you enter your details into the website for a personalised quote. This includes your marital or family status, age, location and household income.
  • Every AIA policy includes coverage for kids (including older kids) until they’re 23 years old, the ability to choose your own doctor or surgeon, and emergency ambulance transport.
  • Includes AIA Vitality with every policy purchase, which is a complementary health and wellbeing program. It includes a 5% discount on your premium when first signing up. Other benefits are subject to having an AIA Vitality Silver Status or being on your policy for at least 6 months, among other conditions.

Points of praise

• AIA’s health insurance policies were reported to be good value. For the range of benefits you receive, the premiums are affordable and competitively priced.
  • Customer service staff are lovely to deal with, as well as knowledgeable and informative. They go into detail patiently explaining a new policy so you can become familiar with it.
  • It was easy to set up a new policy with AIA Health Insurance, which reviewers appreciated.
  • AHIFC: MYO