Teachers Health Fund

• <1 week (7)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (13) · No (10)
Adam

Adam

Kept trying to refuse hospital claims

I'd been a member for around three and a half years with top level cover when my wife went into hospital to give birth late last year. As I knew our child was going to be admitted after the birth I'd confirmed all the items needing to be done in advance. Not only did they then try to refuse claims for my child's admission but also for my wife herself.

Teachers Health is cheap, but rest assured you'll pay for this when you need the insurance most with the difficulty they put you through. Do what I did, go somewhere else.

Disappointed

Disappointed Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unreliable in an emergency

Tenielle

TenielleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy

I have been paying my premium promptly however the day before my surgery teachers health calls me saying that my cover has ran out. I had already paid however because it takes 3 days to get to them they said I wasn’t covered. I got no warning and they had no options for me as far as lodging my claim later. It’s just so stressful especially taking time off work to have surgery only to be told I’m not covered. I felt they didn’t care at all!

Miss Capricorn

Miss CapricornMelbourne

Difficult to do business with

Final straw came today, not accepting my gym claim.
Can ever get hold of anyone via the phone, claims take a month of sundays to process, and it’s not Even school holidays, getting into member on line is a nightmare. Understand security, but not even a superannuation company has so many hurdles. And now, my gym claim was rejected even though it has my name on the transactions list. Other funds have accepted it. So this will be good bye this weekend.

Teachers H.Teachers Health

They removed me from my cover without notice

I am a domestic violence victim. I was on the same policy as my ex with teachers health. I have paid half of the total premium until end of the financial year.

I was told that I am removed from the policy and the payment that I contributed could not be retrieved. They told me to hire a lawyer to ask for my premium from my abusive ex.

There is no empathy from this company. They are helpers of the domestic violence prosecutor!

Kathy
Kathy
Winter7

Winter7AU

Disappointing

It is disappointing that they don't alert you before they deduct the premium from your account.

I ended up in severe financial hardship because they deducted a quarterly fee after I had changed to fortnightly, knowing I wouldn't have enough money to pay my mortgage and car repayments for the week/month. They promised to reimburse the money, but it would take 5 business days (which meant I had to borrow money to cover the mortgage and car repayments for the week, putting me into further financial crisis).

Impossible to contact

Been a member for 20 years. Currently paying for top hospital and extras @ $550 per month. Going up April 1. I've spent two days trying to contact them by phone only to get automated messages telling me they are so busy and I am so important.
Requested 2 callbacks both times I answered to be put on hold and treated to some elevator music. No thanks. Teachers health won't be getting anymore of my money. I'm changing to one of several funds that are cheaper and actually have a policy of service first. Goodbye and good riddance.

Martin W
Martin W

Thanks for that. Good service is at the heart of my buying values but alas after 20 years I'm moving on.

Anna

AnnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dissapointing

Frustrating!!! Takes so long to respond to queries ...what is covered is confusing...I thought this was a health fund that looked after its members That has certainly not been the case..

Cheryl

CherylSydney, NSW

Waist of time

Always put on hold 20 minutes at a time, don't throw your money away on this fund. Both my daughters have cancelled their policy after being with them for 30 years. Very poor service, staff only help if they feel like it.

Dr. Siva P

Dr. Siva PSydney, NSW

Great coverage and affordable prices compared to the more popular insurances

I am part of the Uni health insurance which is owned by Teacher's health. I would say the prices and claims for hospitals and extras are straight forward and have been paid immediately. No hassle at all. Been with them for about 4 years.

Mememememe

MememememeSouth East Queensland, QLD

In my experience, this fund doesn't let people get in the way of profit

FUND NO MORE

Well as from 8 June, assume many satisfied TH fund members will need to change funds due to new healthscope agreements..NOT!! I have been with this fund many long years!! More worrying is trying to find immediate hospital cover for elderly parents.

mia
mia

Thanks..have sent email via address above

First rate service!

I joined Teacher's Health after leaving another fund and I was expecting a massive hassle; the consultant I dealt with was able to get me the same cover for less with no drama, and was welcoming, helpful, and professional. I used a service already, and it was really easy to lodge the claim online through the app. I couldn't rate the whole experience with them higher!

threewisemanccCentral West, NSW

They've really gone downhill

The communication from Teachers Health has become patchwork - they say one thing, do another, one person doesn't take on a query from start to finish, so you'll get different versions of what will happen. You *never* get an apology. We are about to take our PHI elsewhere because after 10 years with them, this year I have been jumping through hoops.

threewisemancc

Not surprisingly, nothing came of this, either... no one from Teachers Health replied to my email. All spin, no substance.

Sarah-Jane J.

After 4.5 years, I finally left.

Kirsten

KirstenVictoria

Absolutely love my health insurance

Have been a member of teacher health for a couple years now, me and my family really love it, I’ve been told by a few companies that I have one of the best coverages when it comes to out of pocket cost.

Marylou S.

Marylou S.Sydney, NSW

Make the change today - you won’t look back!

After 20 yrs with HCF I swapped to Teachers Health 12 yrs ago. I’ve found the fund to be great value. Membership team always helpful. Dental & Eyecare are both fantastic. Make the change today.

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Same level of health cover for much less money

After many years with Bupa I chose to move to Teachers Health Fund. While I already had a very good deal at Bupa for top Hospital and Health Cover, Teachers Health were able to provide the same level of cover and save me $1,209 per annum in premium.

Hustler73

Hustler73Sydney, NSW

Super Necessary

I have been a member of Teachers for 8 years and while the speed of service isn't always to my liking they do what they can to get a favourable outcome for their members. We have by far and away claimed more than we pay and with all the uncertainty going on at the moment it's nice to know I am with a fund that isn't making decisions based on what maximises returns for their shareholders, but rather what is best for their ENTIRE member base. Not just the individuals who kick up a stink about what they feel is an injustice.

Kristen M

Kristen MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy transfer, great value and service

I recently transferred from Medibank to Teachers Health Fund because the coverage and value was far more superior. Switching funds was a smooth and hassle-free process, which the friendly THF staff assisted with. I have had no issues making claims and am glad I made the switch. Thank you THF!

Cheryl Dillon

Cheryl Dillonasked

Is it possible to fill in a claim form online, without printing out the claim form?

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for your comment.

Were sorry for this inconvenience but you can make claims via our app. Please see below for more information.

Please let me know If you have any other questions.

Catherine

Catherineasked

Hi I am a teacher and looking at transferring from Medibank Private where I have been for over 30 years to THF, however there seems to be so many negative comments in the reviews. This is not real reassuring when you are about the change cover from a fund you have been in for many years.

Regards
Catherine

wennoasked

Has anyone switched from Bupa (Advantage Hospital/Silver extras) to the Teachers Health Fund? I've tried previously to compare the two but it's a very complicated task. Bupa is costing me a packet. I'm a teacher, so I could do this move.

monaromonaro
monaromonaro

I am unable to offer anything about Bupa, sorry. I have compared one or two other funds with the intention of moving to another fund, but owing to having built up loyalty benefits for years' of service, with higher benefits paid to me if the need arose, I would lose these higher benefits if I was to leave Teachers Health.

Hi there,

We can help compare your current health product with an equivalent Teachers Health product. We will provide you with a personalised, side-by-side comparison of the cost and benefits from each product. Just fill in this form on our website: https://www.teachershealth.com.au/compare

Thanks -THF

wenno

Much appreciated both respondents here. Thank you!

Get an answer from our members and Teachers Health representatives