2Queensland Country Health Fund

Smooths claims process
Attentive and well-informed staff

JEM
JEM12 posts

Claim submission while having an excellent coffee

Excellent service each time I come to the Aitkenvale office. My recent claim was prepared by a staff member while I was having a coffee! This included receiving a receipt my email and filling the form. And the claim was processed the same day. One can not expect a better service anywhere... Show details
Kath
KathSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Easy to talk with someone who provides professional assistance

I have been with the Company since early 80s and have never looked back Show details
verna n.
verna n.3 posts

Changing cover

I have been with Queensland Country health for years
Now I introduce my partner to it Show details
Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Queensland Country Health - so much better than the other funds!

I had an enquiry about the specific benefits pertinent to dental items. I spoke with Katie, who was most helpful. She answered my questions promptly and explained everything in an easy-to-understand manner. Katie understood my questions and offered to assist with any further queries I may have had. A very professional and friendly young lady, who is an asset to your team! I mentioned to her, that is always a delight to call a business which is based in Australia, has an Australian-based call centre, and is staffed by knowledgeable and customer-focussed people. Show details ·  1
Dippy
DippySouth-East, TAS2 posts

Kind and helpful

Very friendly and easy plus so professional, but kind, thank you. Show details ·  1
Merri K
Merri KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fund to belong to

I’ve been a member since 1996 and have never found a better option for us. claims are resolved quickly and all on line . Show details ·  1
FlyT
FlyTSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Lovely and efficient staff

Good health fund with lovely staff and fast response times Show details ·  1
Dinosaur
DinosaurSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts

Just the Best

Been with this fund for five years. Phone enquiries are answered within a few rings (absolutely amazing) by the most helpful and knowledgeable people. Not had a problem with claims unlike previous experiences with big funds that often throw up exclusions (“Didn’t you read the exclusions in clause 67(j) of our terms and conditions? It’s there as plain as day!”) Fees are lower than the big funds and benefits are excellent except for dental but all funds seem to pay relatively poorly on dental. Show details ·  1
KG
KGNorth Queensland, QLD12 posts

Friendly fast phone operators

I joined after being recommended by others and I really like the higher caps on optical and dental. I did it all online and it transferred my waiting periods from other fund. They closed down my other fund for me too. I’m so glad I have switched. When calling it was great to be able to speak to someone local in Qld with very little wait time on hold. So far so good with this new health fund. Show details ·  1
Amanda W
Amanda WSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

I will never change from QCH

I have been a member with QCH for over ten years and I have never had a negative customer service experience. The team are always friendly and very helpful. Claims are resolved quickly. There is never a need to follow up. Show details ·  1
Robyn
Robyn2 posts

Best Health Fund in Australia

I have been with Qld Country Health for many years & one of the main reason that I stay is the value I get on my cover, the ease to speak to a friendly knowledgeable staff member without having too wait too long. The amount I recieve back from my claim & now I have discovered a denist that because I am a member offered a check up & clean for just a swipe of my card. Show details ·  1
Christopher
ChristopherSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts

Patrick Rochford
Patrick RochfordSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

members experience

Good fund to be in, I have been a member since the fund started and never been tempted to change to another. Show details ·  1
Peter
PeterNorth West, QLD5 posts

Price and professionalism

Never had a problem with a claim, it's always been paid quickly.
I shop around occasionally and still can't beat their pricing.

Sometimes I need to call or visit the branch with queries and the friendly staff know their stuff and always get it sorted first go.

Would highly recommend. Show details ·  1

Leon D.
Leon D.Central Queensland, QLD

Awesome Health

Excellent Customer service great benefits on the health fund hospital extras Show details

MvdW
MvdW

Are there any constraints in joining QCHF from states other than QLD (Like NSW) ?

Ken
Ken

I wouldn’t expect so. But give them a call. They are super-responsive, whether on-line or by phone.

Queensland Country Health Fund (Old)
Queensland Country Health Fund (Old)   DM

Features

• Queensland Country Health Fund offers cover for couples, families, singles, and single parents.
  • There are 2 hospital cover options - Vital Hospital (Bronze+) Cover (the lowest level of hospital cover) and Better Hospital (Silver+) Cover.
  • If you’re opting for Extras cover as well, there are 4 options: Young Extras (for infrequent use of extras), Select Extras, Essential Extras and Premium Extras, which is the most deluxe extras option you can purchase. Young Extras and Select Extras can both be purchased independently of Hospital Cover.
  • Other types of cover you can purchase include ambulance cover and corporate cover.
  • Accommodation benefits can be added to a policy, if you live in regional Queensland and you or a loved one have to travel to the closest city (Brisbane or Townsville) for medical treatment.
  • Age-based discounts of up to 10% may be awarded to 18-29 year-olds applying for health insurance.
  • Adult children up to 21 years of age are covered on a family policy, at no extra cost.

Points of praise

• Policies are reported to be excellent value for money for the health benefits you receive.
  • There are reviews from long standing clients that have been with Queensland Country Health Fund since the 1980s and 90s. They are loyal to the insurer, and completely happy with their policy and the service they receive from the insurer.
  • Members new and old reported not experiencing issues when it came to claiming. According to reviewers, there is a high claim approval rate. Claims are also approved quickly and efficiently.
  • The friendly and helpful customer service staff were prompt at answering questions and attentive when it came to listening to members.

Contact info for Queensland Country Health Fund