RT Health

RT Health

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

shelly

shelly

Don't use RT health..

After 10yrs of being with Rt health..and paying thousands of dollars..I went down from top tear to one level down..they couldnt even pay for the wire on my denture to be fixed??
I should have changed company 3 years ago when i broke my leg and..i was in top cover and they didn't even cover my moon boot ...they say they are not for profit..but they have sure made a profit off me.. I don't recommend rthealth at all.. why cant health insurance just be like car insurance..you pay ..your covered.. why is it all so complicated

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Coverage TypeSingle
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainNo

On my way

On my waySydney

Customer service has gone down hill

What has happened to RT Health? Their service used to be fantastic. Now they are so hard to get in contact with and they have cancelled my families appointments so many times. I have been trying to get in to collect my new contacts for months and they keep changing the date. They seem to be constantly confused about procedures, claims and bookings at the front counter and I am seriously considering moving on to another health fund after being with them for more than 30 years. Shaking my head in disbelief.

australia

australiaaustralia nsw

Appalling Gobsmacking Service

We contacted RT Health for information on top hospital & extras. After a lengthy wait & 2 disconnections, I was astonished with the abrupt & downright rude attitude displayed by customer service.
She refused to supply any information requested, as I would not disclose our phone number, I was informed this was std. procedure. What relevance is that to obtaining simple information, I was flabbergasted by her reaction. With this attitude, it is a wonder they have any clientele. An unpleasant experience.
Our potential business lost.

Corinne

CorinneRedland Bay

Card doesn't work and on hold for 40 minutes

SukMaan Kong

SukMaan KongHobart, TAS

Still on hold on the phone

I am a new customer. Recently I needed to contact RT Health. Called 3 times at different times, could never get through. Left a call back message but no one called me back. I am now concerned that I made a mistake in joining them.

Not happy

We've been in rt health for 23 years & was happy, but recently they have changed, no customer service, you have to ring the main line & are left hanging on the phone forever, no one to talk to not happy.

Chris

ChrisCentral Queensland, QLD

Shocking customer service

Mark B

Mark BNSW, 2099

Easy to deal with and great rebates

I've been with rt now for about 8 years and have rarely had any issues with them. I've always found them to give the biggest rebates on services and process claims quickly. Reading some of the comments on this site, I think that if I were to have elective surgery, I'd get them to confirm I am covered in writing beforehand along with a list of the procedural item numbers I am covered for, so I have a record.

Good Communication Health Fund

I have been with rt Health for many years and have found the claim process (mail) very good and the benefits given are higher than others. The people you deal are great and actually speak English and queries are always handled very well. My daughter who also with RT was given extra time to pay when she ran into financial difficulties, unlike other funds who would not have covered her. I have just paid 12 months ahead and intend to stay with this fund in the future. I would not hesitate and have recommended this fund to others.

Megan

MeganEast Geelong

Time delay for refunds

Having had 2 physio appointments over the last month hicaps wouldn't read my RT card. I paid both accounts in full and lodged claims online. Nearly a month later and I haven't been reimbursed for either (the auto generated email says it'll be paid in 5 to 7 days). 3 emails and 2 requests for call backs and I've heard nothing. After being on hold for 35 minutes I finally managed to speak to a manager who said they'll be paid that day. 3 days later and I still haven't got my money. They're happy to take my premiums but refuse to pay what's owed to clients. Disgusting!

Jocko

JockoBrisbane

Great fund - highly recommended

Have been with a few different funds over the past decade but RT is easily the best. Higher rebates than most, prompt processing and hassle free claims. I will be sticking with them. Highly recommended.

David L

David LRockhampton

Been with them for years, never had a problem.

My family has been with RT Health for years, including my parents and siblings. We've all been to a private hospital at some stage and RT Health covered the lot, except one procedure had a doctors gap which he wouldn't budge on. Wer're from Queensland, and we had QML pathology charge our daughter in law huge fees to have pathology done while she was in hospital because she wasnt with a QML No Gap health fund. We called RT and they are one of the funds that are a no-gap QML fund, so we remain happy ongoing with a fund that always looks after us.

Rt travel insurance Hopeless

Daddy

Daddy

Great Health Fund

RT is the very best when it comes to Health Funds by far offering the best value for money there is, their Hospital and extras, covers everything you will need, their benefits are excellent and the yearly limit among the very best, the customer service is excellent always friendly and helpful. I have been with RT Health Fund for 14 years and can’t speak highly enough of them, I highly recommend RT, for me it’s definitely 5 Stars.

jenny m

jenny mbrisbane

Beware RT shortsighted on robotic surgery

We have been top cover members of RT health for many years only to find that when my husband has to make a claim for robotic surgery within premium hospital cover, RT health has refused to cover him. Ironically one of the benefits of robotic surgery is that hospital stay is reduced to one night whereas with traditional surgery, he would have to stay 3 nights in hospital.
The hospital informed us that many funds do now cover robotic surgery it is becoming the preferred method of surgery for many operations.
Perhaps time to change funds or go public.

Insurance claim madeNo

Beware they do not always pay a claim

Have been with RT Health for many years as a premium fund member and pay an annual contribution of $5341.68.
I had to have robotic surgery for which they did not cover me and had to pay out in excess of $8,000.
What is the point in being in a health fund if they will not cover you!
Customer support not the best.
I am considering making a change to another health fund.

Insurance claim madeYes

Amazing cost effective private hospital cover and extras. No problems with claims.

People only go online to complain, even when they are in the wrong - which is disappointing.

Been with RT Health for years and they have always come through for us. They have an in house charity as well to look after members going through tough times, which happened to us last year. They paid our health insurance premiums for us while we got back on our feet.

If more of RT Health's happy customer got this website to write reviews, they would be 5/5 stars based on our families experience.

Ali

AliBrisbane

Friggin pathetic

My nephew is currently in hospital in a very bad way . He was told he would be covered for his stomach procedure.
He's got an infection and is staying in longer than expected. He's been in there nearly a week and will be in for a few more days at least.
He had a call from this pathetic health fund telling him he isn't covered?????
Besides him ringing and asking and confirming item numbers they are now saying he's not covered?????? What the hell??????
He was in no fit state to talk to them so I'm taking this higher up for him. This is disgusting!!!!! He is doped up on pain meds laying in a hospital bed in terrible pain.
How can they deny his claim AFTER he's confirmed his procedure??????

Terrible customer service

I called up their staff to see if I was covered for a hospital procedure and they told me I was. I went into hospital for the procedure on on their advice and then I find out after the operation that I am not covered. Called them up and received no apology and I was told that I was never given that advice. Now I have to pay a few thousand dollars for the operation.

Insurance claim madeYes

Really happy after first year

I changed to RTHealth as they have a mid-range policy that includes maternity services. I've been with them for about 18 months and am really happy with them. I've been an inpatient twice and used a few of their extras and have not had any problems. There is not a long wait time when calling them on the phone, and they have always been very helpful and polite