• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (1)
firthelectrical

firthelectricalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Peace of mind and brilliant customer service!

Have been with RT health for many years, the best thing in my opinion is their helpful customer service.
Their claims process is quick and efficient and their online website is easy to use. Very happy.

rt healthRT Health

Thank you firthelectrical for taking the time to leave a review for our staff. We are so pleased that you are happy with the service you are receiving.

fantastic health fund

i continuously have a great experience with rt, the staff are so friendly and helpful everytime i require information or need help with a claim. ive reco3mmended rt to my family friends over the years who feel the same way.

rt healthRT Health

Thank you Shire Girl for leaving a review. We're so happy you've had some great experiences with rt health.

Review collected in partnership with RT Health

Great people on the phones

Whenever I call the staff are really lovely to chat with, it really makes all the difference when someone isn't trying to get off the call asap. I ask like that I can ask to speak to the person I previously spoke with. I have only lodged extras claims but everything has run really smoothly.

rt healthRT Health

Thank you Amanda for taking the time to leave a review for the rt health team.

Great fund. Excellent service

This fund is fantastic. Always have great customer service with every transaction with them. Even when my claim has to be declined they explain why with great empathy. Would always recommend.

rt healthRT Health

We are so glad Rjd7 you've had some great experiences interacting with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review for rt health.

Andre

Andre

I'm over it

rt healthRT Health

Thank you Andre for your review. I had one of our managers contact you and I'm sorry we couldn't achieve the outcome you were after.

Mrs Skellern

Mrs SkellernSydney, NSW

Great service. Great people. Great cover.

I have been a member of rt for 7 years now and have always felt the staff genuinely care. They pay claims quickly, and both hospitalisations I have had since becoming a member have had no out-of-pocket costs. I definitely feel in safe hands with this health fund.

rt healthRT Health

Dear Mrs Skellern, thanks so much for your review of rt health. We’re thrilled that you are happy with our ‘caring’ staff and rt health’s claims process. We really appreciate you giving us this feedback.

Happy with cover and service

Rose

RoseSydney, NSW

Impressive turn around on $500 claim

I have had the top Extras cover for almost 2 years now. I claimed on a CPAP machine through the app recently and I was surprised at how quickly the money was deposited into my bank account, it was less than 48 hours for a $500 claim.

I also noticed that there are now heaps of dentists I can go to for a no gap visit, which is great because before I think there was only 1 or 2.

rt healthRT Health

Thank you Rose for leaving a review for the team. We are so glad to hear you had a great experience.

Zak Dee

Zak DeeSydney, NSW

Quick Paid Claims and Great Friendly Service

I was introduced to the fund shortly after commencing work in the Transport industry and so glad I joined! The staff are always very friendly and helpful and lately since introducing their app (no more tedious claim forms to fill in - just a couple of simple questions!) my monthly pharmaceutical medication claims now get paid into my account the very next day!

rt healthRT Health

Thank you so much Zak for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing such great feedback about our team.

Find out how RT Health compares to other Health Insurance

AVOID!! Two experiences - two bad outcomes.

AVOID!! Two experiences - two bad outcomes. First Bad experience - admitted to hospital and hospital was told the incorrect information about my cover. Had to claim the money back after three months of chasing. Second and worst - overcharged for a full year premium plus another month - took a complaint to them four times, the ombudsman intervening and another multiple lot of emails. Customer service manager [name removed] simply ignores the core issue with lots of ‘copy and paste’ apologies. Could have been resolved with a simple phone call with an genuine apology.

OZFeedbackGuru

OZFeedbackGuruSydney

Only join if you don't value your money

Libby F.

Libby F.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

goes up every year more than other funds. Hard to get through to anyone over the phone. Hardly respond to emails. Customer service is appalling. Terrible service. Not worth it.

John1063

John1063adelaide

Worst customer care

I was with Transport health for 1 year. Never managed to speak to anyone as phone lines always busy and they never call back. The price of cover was good, so I decided to renew my membership and left 3 x e mails and 4 c phone msgs asking someone to call me so i could renew and despite e mails promising they would, no one ever did.

SydneyMember

SydneyMemberSydney Surrounds, NSW

Administrative nightmare

shelly

shelly

Don't use RT health..

After 10yrs of being with Rt health..and paying thousands of dollars..I went down from top tear to one level down..they couldnt even pay for the wire on my denture to be fixed??
I should have changed company 3 years ago when i broke my leg and..i was in top cover and they didn't even cover my moon boot ...they say they are not for profit..but they have sure made a profit off me.. I don't recommend rthealth at all.. why cant health insurance just be like car insurance..you pay ..your covered.. why is it all so complicated

On my way

On my waySydney

Customer service has gone down hill

What has happened to RT Health? Their service used to be fantastic. Now they are so hard to get in contact with and they have cancelled my families appointments so many times. I have been trying to get in to collect my new contacts for months and they keep changing the date. They seem to be constantly confused about procedures, claims and bookings at the front counter and I am seriously considering moving on to another health fund after being with them for more than 30 years. Shaking my head in disbelief.

australia

australiaaustralia nsw

Appalling Gobsmacking Service

We contacted RT Health for information on top hospital & extras. After a lengthy wait & 2 disconnections, I was astonished with the abrupt & downright rude attitude displayed by customer service.
She refused to supply any information requested, as I would not disclose our phone number, I was informed this was std. procedure. What relevance is that to obtaining simple information, I was flabbergasted by her reaction. With this attitude, it is a wonder they have any clientele. An unpleasant experience.
Our potential business lost.

Corinne

CorinneRedland Bay

Card doesn't work and on hold for 40 minutes

SukMaan Kong

SukMaan KongHobart, TAS

Still on hold on the phone

I am a new customer. Recently I needed to contact RT Health. Called 3 times at different times, could never get through. Left a call back message but no one called me back. I am now concerned that I made a mistake in joining them.

Not happy

We've been in rt health for 23 years & was happy, but recently they have changed, no customer service, you have to ring the main line & are left hanging on the phone forever, no one to talk to not happy.

Richard Poole

Richard Pooleasked

Do you list specialists who don't charge out of pocket fees ?

rt healthRT Health

Hi Richard. Thank you for your question. Yes you can search for this information on our website. Go to the link below, type in the specialist you are after and the town, it will then provide a list for you. You can then look at each specialist/doctor and click on "see out-of-pocket costs". Hope that helps Richard. Have a great day.

janette.huntasked

need feedback on RT Health

Marg
Marg

We were with RT Health for 23 years and were happy with them, but recently they have changed, I used to be
able to phone and talk to someone in Brisbane or Sydney, now there is only one phone number for people all
over Australia and you are hanging on the phone for one to two hours, you also get passed on to someone in
India or the Philippines, I sent them an email and didn't receive a reply for 3 days, so not happy with them, we
have changed to West Fund who are much better and have good reviews.

rt healthRT Health

Just confirming that all our staff are Australia-based, rt health is Australian owned and operated, and you will always speak with a team member in Australia when you call us.

Get an answer from our members and RT Health representatives