Heller HOIL5 / HOIL7 / HOIL9 / HOIL11

Heller HOIL5 / HOIL7 / HOIL9 / HOIL11

HOIL5, HOIL7, HOIL9, etc...

RayHobart, TAS

FINesse

This heater is amazing for smaller rooms like bathrooms and compact offices! Its maximum power is the same as larger heaters, so it heats faster! With 3 heat settings, it is better than 2 on my 25-year-old, 11-finned heater of another brand. I have always avoided small versions because of large rooms in the house I sold. This heater suits small apartments!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
    BAFLE

BAFLEGeelong, VIC

New carpet now needed - can't give less than 1 star

We had the 5 fin model for less than 2 months. It was purchased from Kogan. The heater was purchased to take the chill off the air in a small bedroom. It was effective at doing the role until one evening the heater decided to split the seal around one of the fins. Oil leaked from the fin into the carpet and underlay.

After the leak, the heater did not shut down. If this had occurred when we were asleep we do not know what could have happened.

If you are tempted to purchase one of these heaters please seriously consider the health and safety of those you live with.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Happy shopper

Happy shopperMurray Bridge

Good little heater

I bought this for my babies bedroom this year to keep him warm in winter. The 7 fin heater kept his room nice and warm. We only had to put it on 30 minutes prior him going to bed to take the chill off the air. Energy efficient too when the doors are closed. I'm happy with this heater unlike some other heaters I have purchased

Electric Heaters

Find out how Heller HOIL5 / HOIL7 / HOIL9 / HOIL11 compares to other Electric Heaters

ImNoRobot

ImNoRobotNSW, 2204

Best purchase for my winter nights

I needed a heater to be able to go through the night without feeling like I was in the Arctic. Since my bedroom is quite small, I started looking at compact - and relatively safe - heaters. Came across the Heller OIL5, and bought one unit at a great price. Honestly, this is one of the best purchases I made this year, considering the cost-benefit involved. Also worth mentioning that I had no big impact on my electricity bills.

tami45

tami45Sydney

Heats a smaller living room or an average bedroom with ease

This is a great heater for an average sized bedroom. Our bills are now less in comparison with running ducted air con, we only have it on on very cold days. I recommend this heater to anyone and it is great value for money and very efficient. The warmth that it radiates is very pleasant and does not dry my skin, unlike air con.

Maria

Maria

Much needed oil heater this winter

We purchased our oil heater just before the winter months kicked in and I tell ya I'm so happy we did. We have ducted in the home, however my favourite would definitely be the oil heater as it feels like a natural heat coming through..and it definitely warmed up the home just as much as the ducted did. Very happy with my purchase

Kathyp

KathypAU

Perfect for or house

We have recently been using this heater for our lounge. Our bills are less and our room is heating nicely. I recommend this heater to everyone! There is a timing setting that allows us to set it for the morning before work and then set it again for when we get home.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
    Jams

JamsToowoomba

Fine

It heats a small room up quite well. My dog likes to cozy up near to the heater. It does take a bit of time to heat the room and probably uses a lot of electricity in doing so, but we wanted something that was easy to put away and this appeared good at the time. All in all, it works fine so shouldn't complain.

Cara Wood

Cara Wood

Good basic heater.

I'm happy with the Heller 11 fin oil heater as it heats the room up quite quickly. I also like that it has s timer. I can set it to come on and off at intervals and have it heat up my home 30 mins before I get home from work.

linz

linzPerth

Does the job

It can take some time for this heater to warm up and may not be suitable for a big room but as long as you stay close to it it keeps you warm. I purchased the 9 bar oil heater and I am quite happy with it's quality and price.

Ryan S

Ryan SAdelaide

A cheap way to keep warm

I find my ducted heating to be too expensive to run at night time and heats up my bedroom too much. This heater has been the perfect answer and keeps the room at a constant temperature throughout the night without making the room stuffy, and it is cheap to run which is a major reason why we bought it.

lizzy

lizzyAU

Warm and Comfy

We moved into a rental with no heating, so we saw the Heller 11 bar oil heater and for the price it was selling for we bought it. The lounge room it was to keep warm had no doors to close off from the hallway so we put a set of curtains up and had the heater going at half pace, wow we were so warm and cozy, definitely recommend this product.

Chrissy

ChrissyMelbourne

Does the job

Have been using this Heller heater for the cold winter nights. It keeps me warm but it can take a while to warm up, especially if the room is big. Well priced for what it does. May not be the best heater but it does what it needs to. If you're looking for a reasonably priced heater this is a good deal.

Nick

NickByron Bay

Good for small rooms

Would have liked a longer cable to be able to move it around easily. Good to warm up small spaces but can take a little while to feel the room all warm. Happy with the purchase in terms of service and price, however, I would consider another option for bigger spaces.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Sarah L

Sarah LCanberra

Great heater

It is the best heater I have ever used. It is very fast to warm up the whole room and does not dry the air seriously. And it also can be used to dry clothes or towels. But the size is kind of big and it may only be suitable for big rooms.

yue teng

yue tengvic, 3174

nice in the winter like this

ibought this heater last year and i have beenusing this one since then.the heater can warm up the room quickly which is nice as i have no conditioner. i can set the time so i wont over heat the room as it is can be dry if i open it for long time. it is a good product with low price i like it

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    lucas

lucasmelbourne

THIS IS PERFECT

We bought this to keep us warm in a one bedroom apartment. We like the extensive and easy to follow controls which allow you to set tempartures and heating levels. This heater is used in the bedroom. Heats the room quickly and very well. You dont need to sit on top of the heater, emitting plenty of heat . Not too hot if accidentally touched. Control panel is easy to use. Once the room is warm you can turn the heater down to maintain cozy temperature.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
    Kunal

Kunal

Heats well but slow

We recently bought this heater and is ok for the price we pay. The bad thing with oil heater is the same it's very slow.. I would prefer to buy a fan heater instead as for a chilly morning like in Melbourne it's hard to wait for it to heat up. But after heat up in 15 min it gives nice warmth and keep the room warm for a while even after it's turned off.

Ajay

AjayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fine heater that really warms your bones

Jenn

Jenn

Good

It's really good and makes the room very warm. Heating speed is Faster than the air conditioner. I put it in the bedroom and set the temperature during the night. It functions really well. However it makes a bit noise sometimes. Has to wear ear plug to sleep now. But still good.

Zaraasked

My 11 fin Heller oil heater keeps turning on and off as though it has reached a set temperature (which it hasn’t). I’ve bypassed the timer which hasn’t made any difference. I’d appreciate any advice this group may have to help resolve the problem. Thanks

Ray

Timer or thermostat? If you turn the thermostat up to maximum and it still turns off prematurely, I don't see why at the moment. Knowing where the heater is used will help as confined spaces will make it turn off sooner. I noticed that mine did turn off easily, so I had to turn the knob up more in the beginning. I need to be present for a better diagnosis..

Zara

Thanks Ray. The room is a very large open space, approx 8m x 5m and the heater is on the highest setting. I’ve tried with and without the fan. Perhaps the thermostat is malfunctioning. Appreciate your comment.

iload driver

iload driverasked

HOIL11T

Turned it on and after 3 minutes it turns off for 2 muntes at a time. Wont stay on. My heller 11 just purchased this week from kogan turns off every 5mins. It seems it's either overheating straight away or the thermostat is not taking rooms temperature properly and instead taking temperature from inside the heating element. It takes 2 minutes to come back on. Any help?

HelloNewman
    HelloNewman

Possibly it has reach temp the dial is set at, thus the stoppage. Turn temp dial up high and try my theory out. I have the same model but can't use it when sleeping as it constantly ticks when the temp reached, then when turning back on.

Mark

Markasked

HOIL7

My heller oil7 won't stay hot. How do I fix this?

Get an answer from our members and Heller representatives