HESTA Super Fund
See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HESTA Super Fund

Pros

Strong returns on investment
Low fees and costs
Knowledgeable and warm customer service staff

• Insurance Options
  • Income Protection
  • Rates and Fees
Dev
DevSydney, NSW

Lost over $14000- because they change the investment Name and risk.

I have never lost money in my super before the change , now only one option for low risk at 1% ,
I had 50% in medium and changed to " high" I lost over $2000- 2022
and 50% in risk and lost over $12000- 2022
I am changing supers , waiting for 2022 end FY statement.

Financial advice from Sam Shah

I have been with Hesta for about 17 years and I'm very satisfied with their performance. I've had many appointments with consultants but the recent one with Sam put me at ease about my financial future. Sam was polite, professional and certainly knew his stuff. We look forward to meeting with him again.

cathy
cathyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

"Customer service and great product knowledge"

I've been a Hesta Super member for over 10 years. My circumstances have changed and the advice I have received to manage my funds has given me peace of mind

Image B.
Image B.

Worst service ever

I called them to request for certificate of currency. The person said that I will get it within a day and she send me my account balance instead of certificate of currency. I called them back and the other lady answer my call and said they generated the certificate and I will get it within 5 business days.

Its been a week, I recieve nothing. I called them again waited for 30 minute and a guy answered and said I need to wait a bit longer I waited for 2 weeks and got nothing. I called them again and waited for 30 minute and a lady said she will talk to someone about this issue and call me back. And she never called me. Very disappointed.

Jhh
Jhh

Never responds

Tried multiple times to log in with email address and wouldn’t work. Tried contacting them and after 40 minutes still no answer. Their is a robot and can’t answer properly

duckconcerto
duckconcerto

Beyond awful..

Anthony
AnthonySydney Surrounds, NSW

Follow up on previous review by Anthony from Sydney

I left a review last week title: "Slow information, no information, misinformation- Terrible service". Following up on this posting I was contacted by Hesta who addressed all of my concerns about non-payment of my benefit and expedited matters quickly and efficiently. They explained what had went wrong (breakdown of communication) and apologised. Special thanks to Charlie and Gizelle who were speedy in responding to me.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Francisca C.
Francisca C.

My Super is always negative even though I put $$$ after-tax or after my employer put $$$

I have been in Hesta for more than 10 years. Unfortunately, I don't see very much in my super. I changed my investments in order to see any changes for the better but still negative. I understand there are some downturns overseas but it would not make my losing my super till I would have nothing for my retirement.

The Hesta management will get the bonus first. After all the expenses and taxes then I will get mine but at the end I got nothing. I have started to think if Hesta is not transparent about what fees they are collecting from me.

The Hesta team is not reachable by phone.

PAULA
PAULASydney, NSW

disgusting service - tried to transfer my funds out of HESTA into a SMSF - CONSTANT GIVEN the runaround

i have been with hesta for 10 years and tried to transfer funds to a smsf. HESTA has the most disgusting customer service - kept giving me the run around so as to make getting money out of hesta near impossible. DO NOT TRUST THIS SUPERANUATION FUND

Gener8
Gener8

HESTA Always Supporting the Aged Care Sector

Member focused super fund supporting Members to get great advice and a well balanced offering. Very friendly and knowledgeable team members available to direct members to the person of place to get their questions resolved.

Marg Gwynne
Marg GwynneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent appointnent with Sam Shah regarding future options

I have been with Hesta for a long time, but my situation has changed a lot over the past 2 years. Sam explained clearly my options in a way that was easy for me to understand. He is very professional and knowledgeable and I feel that I have been provided with enough information to make a final decision on my financial future with Hesta. I look forward to my next meeting.

Katy G.
Katy G.

HESTA IS THE BEST

I have been with Hesta for 15 years, and found that it has performed very well. Hesta provided me with free financial advice, which I was very grateful for, as it was during a time of great change for me. The financial education allowed me to make important decisions. I was also taught how to change investment streams online. Hesta staff are kind, patient and considerate. Great customer service particularly from Anne from Financial advice, Nicole from the Correspondence team and Aaron and Bianca from Claims

pcd
pcdGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Inept for information on their own processes

HESTA have failed to act on verbal authorities (they suggested we provide the verbal authority).
HESTA keep saying it's not their department and can't help.
HESTA are unable to provide details of their process to be followed (Catch Up payments can't even be searched for on their website).
When you advise that you want to make a complaint, they terminate calls.
Good returns if you just want to pay your salary and very basic stuff, but totally inept if you care about your super and want to maximise the benefits.

Karen
KarenMelbourne

Very clear performance information

I have been with Hesta for many years. I especially like that their individual investment choices give performance figures daily. I can see exactly how my investments are doing and can also change to a different class of investment daily if need be. I have found their staff to be very helpful whenever I've called.

Diane
DianeLaunceston, TAS

Financial Planner for Hesta, Sam Shah

Excellent! Sam provides great service, he is easy to understand and listens and acknowledges my concerns. He also has a great sense of humour. I have been to other financial planners who totally confused me. I would definitely recommend Sam Shah to anyone needing a financial planner.

Elle S
Elle Sasked

Is it true that members over 60 can get their Super out now?

Maria B.
Maria B.asked

What is the product type or option?

Zenaida S.asked

Hi. I have been off work for 6 years due to medical condition and most likely this will be an early retirement since I cannot go back to work. I have had accessed lump sum payments a number of times from my HESTA super. My super money was not much in it as i held my other super through Self Managed SuperFund. I was informed I can withdraw all of my funds in Hesta super, however I prefer to keep it open for when I sold my property under SMSF I intend to deposit the money to HESTA. My question is how much money I need to have in my HESTA super to be able to leave it open. Thank you

Thank you..

Get an answer from our members and HESTA Super Fund representatives

HESTA Super Fund doesn’t pay commissions to shareholders, which helps to keep its fees and costs low. This involves perks such as reduced admin fees, no entry fees charged when transferring money into your super account, and the provision of expert retirement and financial planning to members, at a competitive price.

Points of praise for HESTA Super Fund:

• Several satisfied HESTA members reported that the amount of money in their super account grew quickly, thanks to strong returns on their super contributions with the fund.
  • The customer service was described as informative, as well as pleasant, polite and helpful. HESTA staff were described as being prompt in answering any questions members had, both during the sign-up process and over the course of a membership with HESTA.
  • A number of longstanding numbers who'd been with HESTA for decades commended the super fund’s overall performance, and recommend HESTA to anyone looking to switch their superannuation fund.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With its host of happy members, it's no surprise that HESTA has won the 2021 Award for Best Superannuation Fund. Top scores were awarded to HESTA for its outstanding customer service and transparency about its business practices.